WWE RAW 30th July 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
And for the second week in a row the MVP of raw goes to :DB: Seriously this guy has been on fire.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

AF.

Reaction score
I should never have to see a John Cena vs Big Show match for the rest of my life. They all suck.

CM Punk was interesting tonight. Other than that, not much interesting going on at all really. A whole lot of replays RAW felt like.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Didn't wanna see any Show/Cena matches ever since their U.S title feud so def hate seeing it now. They just don't have any chemistry at all.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Even though I've seen Sheamus/Bryan a fair few times, I really wouldn't mind another match between the two. That match on RAW was fucking great!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Reading through the results now.

Opening promo with Punk sounds good other than the contradiction, he attacked Rock because he was stealing the spotlight but then when didn't Punk attack show as well? Show was stealing the spotlight by taking apart Cena during their match. Triple threat for the title isn't the worst idea as long as Punk retains the title.

I will have to watch Sheamus vs. Bryan as the match sounds good. I like Del Rio's no wrestling stipulation until SS, finally a challenger that is all about the world title and nothing else.

Good way to bring back Orton, I was wondering what would happen with Heath Slater now that the legends are gone and this was a good way to continue it for a week. Maybe Barrett can take him out in the near future.

I am so confused as to what they are doing with Tensai, this is about the third or fourth time they have run this same angle with him and Sakamoto. They need to move on to the next stage of the story.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I think the discussion thread title should be called WWE Raw is Bryan. Jericho and Punk are my favorites, but Bryan is seriously becoming the best thing on the show.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I thought this Raw was absolutely stellar. Such an amazing 3 hour show with some really good matches. Bryan vs. Sheamus and Bryan in general was easily the best parts of the night. The tag team match between Christian and Y2J vs. Ziggler and Miz was a pretty great match as well. And I like how the tag team got some time too. Hell, even Santino vs. Del Rio was pretty watchable.

Some things I didn't like about the show though was all that stuff on Triple H vs. Lesnar. Me personally, I don't give a shit about that match, and it shouldn't have gotten like 4 video packages too it. It was ridicules. Yes, we know Raw was on Fire, you don't need to tell us after every commercial break. And Tout time just gave me time to check my facebook.

I don't mind AJ Lee as GM, but then again, I'm not a normal IWC person that will bash everything if it isn't from the attitude era or close to it...Raw was amazing, and by far one of the best of the year.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I really think they should use the first hour better. The whole episode just felt really dragged out and I was getting sick of watching the Triple H/Lesnar shit over and over and over and over again. When I said WWE needed to touch base with that feud every week, that was NOT what I meant. I'd like to see more of wrestlers we rarely see now that there's an extra hour, like those wrestlers in "JOB Squad 2012" from last week. Maybe even some NXT guys. I just don't think the first segment should be the typical opening promo from a big name because it's going to be tough to keep that momentum going for 3 hours every week.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
3 hours is too long to watch anything.

I found myself not being able to catch everything, but the stuff I seen was ok. Most notably the D-Bry/Sheamus match.

Punks promo wasn't all that good, the whole point of wrestling is putting yourself over and this supposed pro-wrestler should know this. If you don't want someone stealing your spotlight you take that motherfucker away and dar out of everybodies reach.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty sure him saying he would deal with anybody trying to take his spotlight like he did with The Rock was him doing what you just said so you kinda lost me there.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I think sooner or later sheamus will lose his title and I think that dolph will cash in the mitb after he loses against jericho at SS

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I couldn't really stay interested in this show too much. I liked Punk's opening promo, expected more, but it was still good. The tag & Sheamus/Bryan matches were both real good, but other than that the only thing worth watching was Bryan's backstage segments.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Anyone else find it weird that Tensai got the jobber entrance, and Kidd got the main entrance but then Tensai went over Kidd...even if it was over turned. I thought it was weird.