WWE RAW 30th July 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
punkrockpreviewAI.jpg

We were shocked – shocked, we say – when CM Punk seemingly snapped on Raw 1,000 and GTS-ed The Rock into a catatonic state after The Great One interfered following Punk’s WWE Title Match against John Cena to close the show. The Second City Saint left without another word as boos rained down upon him for the first time since the “pipe bomb,†with Rock splayed in ruin across the canvas and a thousand questions echoing in the WWE Universe’s collective mind. Elsewhere, Cena found himself on the wrong side of history, and Raw got itself the unlikeliest of General Managers by appointment of Mr. McMahon himself. Here are five things to look out for on Raw 1,001.

The age of AJ

Crazier things than AJ being appointed the General Manager of Raw have happened, but now comes the interesting part: What, exactly, does the unpredictable Diva have in store for her new domain? It’s highly likely that Daniel Bryan will have a few things to answer for, and AJ will likely make him pay for his past manipulations of her with lots of seemingly impossible to win matches for the “Yes!†man to compete in. But there’s plenty of other, non-revenge-oriented managerial work to be done; is AJ truly up to the task of running Raw?

Can Ziggler tame the lionheart?

Dolph Ziggler has beef with Chris Jericho. This much is apparent, as the two have been causing each other passive-aggressive misery over the past couple of weeks. Ziggler fed Jericho to Sheamus on Raw 1,000 during their Six-Man Tag Match, sending The Ayatollah of Rock ‘n’ Rolla headlong into a Brogue Kick. Jericho repaid Ziggler in kind on SmackDown, setting him up for a beating at the hands of The Great White. It’s only a matter of time before these two settle their differences in the ring. Will it be Monday night?

Cena cashes out

Only one Superstar has ever failed to successfully turn a Money in the Bank contract into a World Championship win, and that man is John Cena. For all the Cenation leader’s towering accomplishments, he now finds himself on the less-enviable side of history thanks to the interference of Big Show (the irony in all of this is that Cena did win the match by disqualification, but not the championship). Cena has never been one to dwell too deeply on his failures, but with this one etched into the annals of WWE history, how will he reply to being robbed of his prize?

The Voice of the Voiceless speaks

No one has seen or heard from CM Punk since he attacked The Rock at the end of Raw 1,000, so far be it from us to assume we know what he might be thinking. But we HIGHLY doubt Raw 1,001 will come and go without Punk taking hold of the microphone and airing his grievances for the WWE Universe to hear. Presumably they will involve The Rock's WWE Title Match at the 2013 Royal Rumble. Frankly, though we have no idea what they will be. But we can’t wait to find out.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well don't think I will be watching raw very often anymore because making it three hours every week is just crazy, however with it being a week after Punk's suprise heel turn and being AJ's first night as GM I will give it a look.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Been waiting for Monday to come along for one reason and that's to see and hear what Punk does. So can't wait for Raw based on just that but I' am curious what they'll do with AJ in this GM role.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I forgot already that it's gone to 3 hours.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I hope Daniel Bryan is the main focus of the show again. 8D but all seriousness now that they stop doing the Slater weekly ass kicking by Legends of the past the only thing i'm looking forward to is Dolph's attempt at cashing in and Punk's promo.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I bet they still do something like the legends segment with Slater because it generally drew good ratings and they've got 3 hours to fill now.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I really hope we see some unused stars now, with the move to 3 hours. And I really think the tag teams will be focused on more. Those tag matches have been my favorite matches on Raw lately.

I'll without judgment on AJ right now.

If they want Punk heel, they really need to do something to fully convince people of it, because it failed last week.

More Ziggler/Jericho please :mark:

Heath Slater for US Champion. Make it happen.

And I would be dissappointed if I don't see this on Raw :RYBACK:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't know what to expect other than CM Punk confirming his heel turn, BUT... I'll be eating me some fucking lasagna tomorrow night. THAT is definitely something I can't wait for.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It'll be interesting to see the show kick off normally (Last week had legends and such).

Three hours, they have enough time to utilize everything they should for a PPV. Hoping for some McIntyre if we're looking at underused stars and some Tyson Kidd (Now that it's not called a Supershow... This is hard).

Looking forward for the CM Punk segment or whatever he'll do as well as Ziggler/Jericho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
With an extra hour we can expect either more wrestling (my choice), comedy segments that may or may not be funny, or Tout Hour. The latter is more likely.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
You would think with the extra hour that would practically guarantee us at least 1 good match per week.

Lewb

Reaction score
I would hope so. Looking forward to seeing what they do with The Miz now he's IC Champ. Probably will set up a rematch for Christian at Summerslam.

More Steph McMahon would be on my list, she was awesome last week!

Dod Draper

Reaction score
CM Punk will open the show tonight by explaining his actions last week.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to a new PWInsider.com report, WWE Superstar Randy Orton is backstage at the WWE Raw taping for tonight in Cincinnati, Ohio.

As WrestleZone.com recently reported, Orton has been unsuspended and has been advertised to return by both WWE and the official Cincinnati, Ohio arena website.

I'm guessing he will return as a face, that's IF he does return tonight. <_<