WWE RAW 2nd May 2011 - The Rock's Birthday LIVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
The championship match this week, in my opinion, exceeded the one at WM27. That isn't so great, but WM27 is behind; we're looking at the next year's WM. Hell, we are looking at WWE Over the Limit.

R-Truth was a little bit more developed as a character today, showing more anger. The Miz was more developed as a credible competitor and a true main event star. Mason Ryan was more developed as a dominant force in terms of physical power.
WWE managed to promote who it needed to promote, while at the same time keeping the viewer count high with the Rock's party on board. Good move.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
RAW could definitely used one more match tonight. Some segments with The Rock dragged on a bit, yes it was awesome seeing him again but they could have spread it out a bit more and given the fans a bit more wrestling.

Nothing was announced for Over the Limit but I think we will definitely see R-Truth vs John Morrison on the PPV.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The litmus test of a good show for me is if my 12 year old niece enjoys it, and she loved it. She marked more for McMahon than anyone else, must be the strut.

Lopez and Ferguson were the only celebrity birthday wishes that were any enjoyable to me.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
That Jimmy Kimmel part was great, Ferguson sucks. Kimmel owns late nights for me, he's really clever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That Jimmy Kimmel part was great, Ferguson sucks. Kimmel owns late nights for me, he's really clever.

LOL no he isn't, he's ok but never going to be as groundbreaking as Ferguson is. The off the top monologue, the chemistry he has with guests. The "don't give a fuck" attitude makes his show the best show on late night.

Kimmel is OK, but he is no Ferguson.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I will take a look into him more, I will admit that I haven't taken a deep in look at him. I will give him more of a chance, but Kimmel is the man.