WWE RAW 21st October 2013 - LIVE Discussion - Contract Signing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
My internet would go out at the end of RAW. Oh well it looks like nothing too big happened.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Hes right not denying that but to call it out like that on TV is a bit shitty. Hopefully all the guys listed were given a call or realize it's not personal malice but it's HHH and with the stories told it'd be hard to tell.
Shitty but the whole angle is about what's best for business. There's no way you can say Bryan shouldn't be the guy as Trips and sell this angle if you don't lump him in with guys who were champs but not A+ players. Bryan's looking at being a 4x champ coming Sunday, so by all means he fits in with guys who have held it but were never great enough to be true faces of the wwe. You need examples to compare and contrast. If Jerichos feathers are ruffled by him saying that when he knows its true something is wrong. Its foolish to act like Jericho is a Brock, Rock, Austin, Taker, Michaels so using him, RVD and edge as a comparison for Bryan is spot on and good for heat

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Solid Go-Home show imo, contract signing was a bit long in the tooth tho. Trips inadvertantly buries the mainevent by saying "stars vs stars" Ok, so you're saying Orton isn't a star? I know it's to get heat, but sometimes Trips goes too far when he uses his "history" to gain heat.

Not sure if he would piss anyone off with the list he named, other than maybe Jericho, who is still a mark who still gets worked all the time.

JBL really needs to stop yelling at the faces, his Foxnews "Yelling means I'm right" style just makes the faces look foolish for taking all that shit from this guy. He buries his "voice of the company", which in turn buries the storylines that voice is trying to put over and he made Cody Rhodes look like an idiot on commentary. We complained when Cole was doing this as a heel.

WWE has shitty security btw, not one person even tries to stop Big Show? If I was in the crowd, I would try to jump the fence and take my chances if I was a mark.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Shitty but the whole angle is about what's best for business. There's no way you can say Bryan shouldn't be the guy as Trips and sell this angle if you don't lump him in with guys who were champs but not A+ players. Bryan's looking at being a 4x champ coming Sunday, so by all means he fits in with guys who have held it but were never great enough to be true faces of the wwe. You need examples to compare and contrast. If Jerichos feathers are ruffled by him saying that when he knows its true something is wrong. Its foolish to act like Jericho is a Brock, Rock, Austin, Taker, Michaels so using him, RVD and edge as a comparison for Bryan is spot on and good for heat

I guess by proxy when he's compared to DB were supposed to be like DB is so awesome this guy is so wrong. I just don't compare DB with the three listed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jericho got worked up and said he quit the business on Twitter, promptly deletes it, but either work, or he just got trolled and proves he is still a mark. Going with the latter, then him saying he was "working". Can't believe how gullible he is online, gets snakebit all the time on there.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I guess by proxy when he's compared to DB were supposed to be like DB is so awesome this guy is so wrong. I just don't compare DB with the three listed
I think that's what he was going for. Edge has been used in this angle, RVD and trips have gotten along since he came back as RVD has said this has been nothing but positive, and Jericho was treated and called a joke as undisputed champ by everyone (see the Rock Royal rumble and austin now build) long before trips returned and had his wm18 feud.

He took shots but if he can't separate the two groups on air, As from Bs, then how will he sell the angle? Feathers being ruffled about truth is eh.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I like how Triple H acts like he was the face at one point. Truth is, Triple H is in the same class as Michaels, Jericho, Edge, Eddie, ect. They were all second to the stars. Yeah, Jericho was never the top guy, but neither was Trips. Austin, Hogan, Taker, Rock, Cena those were top guys. Triple H always played second fiddle. Much like how Orton/Punk/Bryan are to Cena.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like how Triple H acts like he was the face at one point. Truth is, Triple H is in the same class as Michaels, Jericho, Edge, Eddie, ect. They were all second to the stars. Yeah, Jericho was never the top guy, but neither was Trips. Austin, Hogan, Taker, Rock, Cena those were top guys. Triple H always played second fiddle. Much like how Orton/Punk/Bryan are to Cena.

Well when you win the war, you can paint any picture you want, like AMerica and WW2, like nobody says anything about Canada/Britain taking back Europe while Russia was taking back their spots. That's the point, he wants people online crying about this all over their Twitter feed. Sure as shit would be alot better than those same smarkfuckers chanting "AJs Pregnant".

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
[MENTION=32]Tapout[/MENTION], who was the face of WWE in 2003-2004?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
[MENTION=32]Tapout[/MENTION], who was the face of WWE in 2003-2004?

Lesnar. Everyone calls Lesnar a top star, because of that time period.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
2000 wants a word with you as does 03 and 04 on raw. Trips is a different class from Jericho all together quite easily

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lesnar was the face of Smackdown, Raw still had way higher ratings while Lesnar wasn't even mentioned on that show. Trips was the face. And he really was in 2000 as well, it's a tie between him and Rock because Stone Cold and 'Taker were out quite a bit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We could look at every Observer quarterly rating breakdown for every Triple H segment and merch sales, PPV buyrates from the times he was the champion of whatever brand he was on and he would still be one of the top guys. Those are just facts, circumstances don't mean shit when the facts are in your face.

Poor ol' Jericho, Edge, RVD do not have facts on their side, just abunch of bitter fans trying to lay blame to a person who didn't have as much power as they think he had during those times.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Attitude era was a trifecta imo Rock HHH SCSA Eddie Jericho Benoit at their heels