Raw WWE RAW 10th March 2013 - LIVE Discussion: Breaking News, Brother.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Bryan going over clean. YES!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
tumblr_n294pkNL9j1qarh5ho1_500.jpg

JESUS!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So judging on what we saw, it's safe to assume that the creative team either had Bryan building for months to run a gauntlet ala Randy Savage or they panicked. Either way I don't care.

I liked what I saw, but still don't like another guy shoehorned into the title match as it makes the Rumble meaningless.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So judging on what we saw, it's safe to assume that the creative team either had Bryan building for months to run a gauntlet ala Randy Savage or they panicked. Either way I don't care.

I liked what I saw, but still don't like another guy shoehorned into the title match as it makes the Rumble meaningless.

I'd go in between panicked and planned. I think when Batista won they Rumble they were always open to the idea of Bryan being added to the match but there was still a chance to go with Batista/Orton.

I agree with the Rumble comment even though I am glad Bryan was added, but I know if it was a guy I didn't like that did it then I would have been pissed. It was better than Big Show threatening to sue for a title shot though.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Well that was a nice surprise!

I grew to be content with just Bryan vs. Triple considering they're my two favourites, but I'm very happy that's he's being put in the main event as well. I'm not sure how good the match will be (he has good chemistry with Orton, but adding Batista to the mix might mess things up a good bit), and I don't even know if he'll win, but it's good to see him in the main event nonetheless.

It was frustrating, grueling and often times confusing, but creative got there in the end. Boy did they make hard work of it though.

I find it funny how in today's PG environment WWE are content with having a kendo stick as their primary weapon. They look far more painful than any of the cheap aluminium crap they used years ago

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
It's hard to judge whether Bryan's Wrestlemania stipulation and the way this all unfolded was planned from the beginning or changed due to the online arena response.

I'm tempted to say the latter but it doesn't matter to me anymore. WWE is now going to give Bryan's fans, myself included, what WWE believes they want. Seriously it's enough to make me reconsider watching Wrestlemania. The arena will feel more optimistic and the chance my favourite little guy will get his grand moment on the big stage is something I'm very eager to see.

I could sit here and say (honestly) that I wish the angle had taken a different path that wasn't so messy, that Bryan had just won the Rumble to face Orton while Batista went over babyface as the guy who returned to dismantle The Authority and kick Triple H's ass repercussions-free at Wrestlemania and THEN chase the title... But that's all over now and at least I can be optimistic about the WWE Title situation now with this.

Reactions: Tapout and PHX

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Let's be completely honest about this, if Daniel Bryan was on the panel at Mania, everybody on message boards and people who bitch on twitter to wrestling veterans who told them to be patient about Bryan, would watch Mania anyways. The complete lack of spine in their idle threats are the reason why WWE doesn't push guys like Ziggler/Ryder and people of their ilk, because they know THEIR vision will been seen through and no real backlash would happen.

And not to mention the sheer markism being displayed over the whole Bryan journey, they keep screwing him because it's building sooo much heat and people are reacting the way they want, not sitting on their hands, they are loud and makes their live shows look like the place to be derrrr. So-called "experts" being worked like the dumb mark Cena fans who are 8. It's quite comical on how much they just don't know. Listening to podcasts of people who have been making a living off this shit since the 90s and some even longer and even people who worked people for a living acting like marks.

And some of us were labelled trolls and WWE marks and not being real wrestling fans because we had the audacity for saying FUCKING WAIT!!!!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Let's be completely honest about this, if Daniel Bryan was on the panel at Mania, everybody on message boards and people who bitch on twitter to wrestling veterans who told them to be patient about Bryan, would watch Mania anyways. The complete lack of spine in their idle threats are the reason why WWE doesn't push guys like Ziggler/Ryder and people of their ilk, because they know THEIR vision will been seen through and no real backlash would happen.

And not to mention the sheer markism being displayed over the whole Bryan journey, they keep screwing him because it's building sooo much heat and people are reacting the way they want, not sitting on their hands, they are loud and makes their live shows look like the place to be derrrr. So-called "experts" being worked like the dumb mark Cena fans who are 8. It's quite comical on how much they just don't know. Listening to podcasts of people who have been making a living off this shit since the 90s and some even longer and even people who worked people for a living acting like marks.

And some of us were labelled trolls and WWE marks and not being real wrestling fans because we had the audacity for saying FUCKING WAIT!!!!

You say the same a lot through and it doesn't always come off, this time you just got lucky. I guess the difference now is Triple H being on the creative team maybe does feel like this is a turning point. I think up until recently fans were right to be cynical. In the 80's and 90's the booking was first rate but for most of the last decade standards have really slipped, and of course they could still have Bryan lose out at Mania which would undermine this whole plot twist. But for now it seems like they have gotten it right and I couldn't be more happy.

Decent raw by the way, highlights being the Shield VS. Rhodes Family and the Bryan/Triple H segment. The street fight could have been better IMO.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score

You have to admit, when you look at the WWE's past track record, it didn't look good for the Daniel Bryan fans. I remember completely giving up last year when John Cena won the Rumble, casting the entire Mania aside when The Rock beat CM Punk for the title and just like most of the fan base last year... I hoped and hoped for Punk to be added in the main event mix. That was last year, and this is an entirely new ballgame, albeit similar. I thought there was no way possible that Bryan was going to be added in the main event, and though that may or may not happen... the only thing that can be truly taken away from this, is that the WWE heard loud and clear that they weren't going to get away with things this time. They weren't going to feed the garbage that they believed would draw in casual fans just because they know we were going to tune into Mania anyway. Although it is a smart business plan, I don't think the WWE realized just how loud the masses would react to all of it. Being the era of social media, the wrestling era of technology being just as important as the ratings, you would have thought they would have seen it coming.

Three years in a row, we got The Rock. The numbers are down because he's not here this year, especially in women 18-40. Batista is not the draw that they hoped for, he is slow... he is completely out of shape... and there is no way in blue hell that he is going to be able to wrestle a 30 minute match as the main event of the biggest show yet in the history of the company with that kind of cardio. In fact, I honestly believe that it's downright insulting to be in that sort of position in the company while needing to gasp for air every time he hits the ropes. Nobody wants to see a match with a thousand rest holds, nobody wants to see Batista hunched over on his knees, sweat dripping from his nose in the first five minutes and every minute after. Batista is pretty much the worst idea the WWE has had yet for the main event spot. It was nine freaking years ago that he was in the main event of Wrestlemania, at 36 years old. We're talking about a 45 year old man who the WWE were hoping and expecting to bring in the masses of people to watch the product and lead them through the 30th anniversary of the biggest show of the year. I don't understand their logic, even if it all boiled down to a movie that's coming out this summer. Because I don't know about you guys, but I never heard of Jennifer Lawrence before Hunger Games... so how in the fuck is Batista supposed to draw for Wrestlemania if the world hasn't fucking heard of him yet!

I support Daniel Bryan because he's fun to watch, because I'm invested and interested in his plight for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I respect the product and I recognize talent. He's the best wrestler in the company, maybe in the world. I can't judge that because I don't watch anything else but the WWE. All I know is, how did John Cena become the mega star he is today? Because nine years ago, they gave him the WWE Championship and made him into a big deal. It's time they tried the same formula with Daniel Bryan. No more briefcases, no more cop outs... he needs to be dominant and he needs to be treated as the hero of the audience. Daniel Bryan needs the John Cena treatment.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You have to admit, when you look at the WWE's past track record, it didn't look good for the Daniel Bryan fans. I remember completely giving up last year when John Cena won the Rumble, casting the entire Mania aside when The Rock beat CM Punk for the title and just like most of the fan base last year... I hoped and hoped for Punk to be added in the main event mix. That was last year, and this is an entirely new ballgame, albeit similar. I thought there was no way possible that Bryan was going to be added in the main event, and though that may or may not happen... the only thing that can be truly taken away from this, is that the WWE heard loud and clear that they weren't going to get away with things this time. They weren't going to feed the garbage that they believed would draw in casual fans just because they know we were going to tune into Mania anyway. Although it is a smart business plan, I don't think the WWE realized just how loud the masses would react to all of it. Being the era of social media, the wrestling era of technology being just as important as the ratings, you would have thought they would have seen it coming.

Three years in a row, we got The Rock. The numbers are down because he's not here this year, especially in women 18-40. Batista is not the draw that they hoped for, he is slow... he is completely out of shape... and there is no way in blue hell that he is going to be able to wrestle a 30 minute match as the main event of the biggest show yet in the history of the company with that kind of cardio. In fact, I honestly believe that it's downright insulting to be in that sort of position in the company while needing to gasp for air every time he hits the ropes. Nobody wants to see a match with a thousand rest holds, nobody wants to see Batista hunched over on his knees, sweat dripping from his nose in the first five minutes and every minute after. Batista is pretty much the worst idea the WWE has had yet for the main event spot. It was nine freaking years ago that he was in the main event of Wrestlemania, at 36 years old. We're talking about a 45 year old man who the WWE were hoping and expecting to bring in the masses of people to watch the product and lead them through the 30th anniversary of the biggest show of the year. I don't understand their logic, even if it all boiled down to a movie that's coming out this summer. Because I don't know about you guys, but I never heard of Jennifer Lawrence before Hunger Games... so how in the fuck is Batista supposed to draw for Wrestlemania if the world hasn't fucking heard of him yet!

I support Daniel Bryan because he's fun to watch, because I'm invested and interested in his plight for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I respect the product and I recognize talent. He's the best wrestler in the company, maybe in the world. I can't judge that because I don't watch anything else but the WWE. All I know is, how did John Cena become the mega star he is today? Because nine years ago, they gave him the WWE Championship and made him into a big deal. It's time they tried the same formula with Daniel Bryan. No more briefcases, no more cop outs... he needs to be dominant and he needs to be treated as the hero of the audience. Daniel Bryan needs the John Cena treatment.
You drunk Jai? You lost me at Jennifer Lawrence and Batista.
Daniel Bryan is getting the John Cena treatment, who has been the guy getting the most on air segments every Raw since Summerslam? Jesus I wish I was buried like Daniel Bryan, maybe my first match could be against Chris Jericho when he was World Champion and the hottest heel in the company.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
You drunk Jai? You lost me at Jennifer Lawrence and Batista.
Daniel Bryan is getting the John Cena treatment, who has been the guy getting the most on air segments every Raw since Summerslam? Jesus I wish I was buried like Daniel Bryan, maybe my first match could be against Chris Jericho when he was World Champion and the hottest heel in the company.

Nah, my point is this: If Batista is supposed to be around because he's in a big movie and he's supposed to be this huge movie star that draws, how the hell is anyone going to know him if the movie hasn't come out yet? My example is Jennifer Lawrence, before she was in the Hunger Games... I never looked her up, or used her in a conversation of any kind. Because I didn't know she existed yet. That's why I think the WWE logic is flawed here. Batista is not as big a draw as he's supposed to be, because the movie is released three months after the show he's supposed to be drawing for airs.