WWE Officials Considering a Babyface Turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
He's had a decent run as a heel, but I think it might be time to give him a switch, and actually giving too much of a change to his character would make it less believeable. Just give him a logical reason to go face, give it a slow build and just twink the character a little.

Reaction score
I don't see why it couldn't work. He certainly needs change. And wasn't he a face in Mexico?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hunico needs to come back and be pushed.

As for Del Rio going face, I can actually see it. I think he'll do well.

Hunico needs to return under a mask or at least with a different gimmick. His current street gimmick just hasn't worked whereas when he was Black Sin Cara he was getting a reaction and showed how well he could work that style.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Seems like a pretty weak way to turn someone and very sudden.

A better angle would have been slightly slower couple mentions of Rosa being somehow related to one of the spanish announcer. She runs out to help him in the same angle 3MB attack her just start fucking with her in general. Delrio saves her.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
There are guys who are heel and no matter how much of a heel they are you could see them as a face. This isn't one of those cases. Not cause he is such an amazing heel or anything but because nothing about him says that he could pull it off unless they slapped a mask on him and told him to go out there and do what Sin Cara and Rey does.
But he was a face his whole career, sans matches with bigger faces. Him as a face got him noticed as Dos Caras. I don't get why people can't think he could be a face, when its much more natural to him than benign a heel. He only became one because the wwe molded him into one, taught him English, and heel tendencies. If he takes his same English speaking talent he now has, tweaks the moves which he can, and plays to the crowd like he once naturally did for years, why can't he make it as a face?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Seems like a pretty weak way to turn someone and very sudden.

A better angle would have been slightly slower couple mentions of Rosa being somehow related to one of the spanish announcer. She runs out to help him in the same angle 3MB attack her just start fucking with her in general. Delrio saves her.
Ricardo is more over than Rosa, but I think they can still work this to their advantage.

have 3MB beat him down protecting her, Primo and Epico make the save, tease tension, and then make them his allows in a face stable and you got a complete stable. The comedy manager, the hot valet, the main event singles wrestler, and an acrobatic team

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
But he was a face his whole career, sans matches with bigger faces. Him as a face got him noticed as Dos Caras. I don't get why people can't think he could be a face, when its much more natural to him than benign a heel. He only became one because the wwe molded him into one, taught him English, and heel tendencies. If he takes his same English speaking talent he now has, tweaks the moves which he can, and plays to the crowd like he once naturally did for years, why can't he make it as a face?
I know that but to me it's more so the fact that it just would come off as weird in the WWE because of his WWE character. Like Miz's transition to face has been smooth and I can't see ADR going from his current character to a lucha character being a smooth transition at all it just wouldn't make sense.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Del Rio was face under an entirely different gimmick, he was masked ffs.

Plus, Vampiro and Kanyon got over big in Mexico, so Del Rio being a top babyface there isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of what he can do.

I totally agree w/ PHX tbh.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much being a big face in Mexico is basically entirely based on what you can do in ring. Not the case in WWE as he'll be just another guy on the card like Sin Cara has become and Sin Cara was HUGE in Mexico. You can't just go from this rich guy gimmick to all of a sudden slapping a mask on and say cheer me and think it won't be awkward. Ricardo on the other hand could work as a face due to him being much more charismatic than Del Rio and being able to pull off a comedy character which is what they should go with having ADR turn on him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He can easily be turned, it doesn't take much to make a face turn for a good heel.

He already has a sidekick people love, so the leap isn't that far off from there. Just keep Ricardo the way he is, and have Del Rio just beat up people who fuck with him. Not much to change for his character imo, just start flying around more and the people will cheer.

Booking isn't that hard.

Killz

Reaction score
^^ this.

Look at Miz. He just started acting like his REALITY self and facing babyfaces in matches. Orton went from IED, pensioner/woman head-kicking maniac heel to face just by...well, being paired with faces.

With Ricardo at his side just give him heels to beat up and add another couple of Mexican style inspired moves and you've got yourself a face. It's where they go from THERE that might be harder but you can literally turn anyone at the drop of a hat.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Of course you can turn anybody but it is a matter of if it will actually work or not and if the wrestler can make the smooth transition. I just don't think it'll work the way WWE wants it to work esp since Del Rio isn't exactly the most over heel. Can't see him being face and he doesn't end up more bland than he already is right now while actually having a character. Orton's face turn was a gimme to work because the fans were cheering him already before he even turned. Miz's smart ass character transitions perfect into a face as you can see. Del Rio has neither of those things going for him so those examples don't help his case.

Killz

Reaction score
Fair enough but technically Sin Cara is a "face" purely because of his alignments, opponents and the style he works? Working a modified fan friendly style and having Ricardo by his side can surely only mean at LEAST the same level of pop as Sin Cara and Del Rio has wayyyy more exposure and main event appearances?

I know Orton and Miz are/were different but you've just picked a Miz trait that could be used as a face trait. Del Rio has his wrestling style, a comedy sidekick, his ethinicity and any number of character tweaks they can add over the coming weeks (see:giving scarves away. I'd kill for one!)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fair enough but technically Sin Cara is a "face" purely because of his alignments, opponents and the style he works? Working a modified fan friendly style and having Ricardo by his side can surely only mean at LEAST the same level of pop as Sin Cara and Del Rio has wayyyy more exposure and main event appearances?

I know Orton and Miz are/were different but you've just picked a Miz trait that could be used as a face trait. Del Rio has his wrestling style, a comedy sidekick, his ethinicity and any number of character tweaks they can add over the coming weeks (see:giving scarves away. I'd kill for one!)

When someone starts giving away free stuff......BOOM! instant face.

Should just high five people wearing them and ignore the rest like Rey does to kids with his masks. That is just genius marketing.

Killz

Reaction score
When someone starts giving away free stuff......BOOM! instant face.

Should just high five people wearing them and ignore the rest like Rey does to kids with his masks. That is just genius marketing.

They'd sell a ton, everyone loves getting recognition from people they know are better than them.

Like begging for retweets on twitter.