WWE NXT Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The only way that Cole can "shock the system" is actually winning a match with one superkick.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Beth Phoenix >>>>>>>> Renee on commentary

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Pretty good main event. Obviously nowhere near as good as Cole's takeover matches but still solid. I wonder where Jordan Myles goes from here.

Oh and it's just been announced that Roderick Strong is gonna take on the Velveteen Dream for the North American championship on NXT's premiere episode on USA. I guess undisputed era is gonna kick off NXT's premiere with a celebration of gold.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Main event was really good, nothing special but for a TV match I fucked with it. Rest of the show was a bit weaker, but holy shit Roddy burning the couch :lmao they'll do anything to try and help his charisma and it just ain't working

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
One of the better NXT Shows for sure this Week. I would be lying to you if I said it didn't warm my heart to see the reunion of Breezango together again. They had a good opener with Parker and Martel who looked like they belong as well so safe to say win win from this Match from me.

After the opener man did WWE plug in alot of Backstage Segments. We had Myles rolling with Lee getting ready with for NXT World Title Match, Grimes talking to himself saying he needs to win the NXT World Title, and Io attacking Candice with a Kendo Stick Backstage. I knew we would get Io/Candice 2, and that attack locks in it. What interested me the most was Lee rolling with Miles. Now Weeks ago Lee air out his feelings about the NXT Breakout Tourney not liking all these guys coming in and the people in charge forgetting about him. I would love to see if WWE would turn Lee Heel to bring up Myles that was very interesting to see.

Dream vs Reeves. Not really the cleanest of Matches let me tell you and how can Reeves get any momentum going when you see him one Week, and then not for a couple of Months? Anyways Dream wins it, but has to see the Horror of Strong destroying his beloved Couch! Dream is going to respond hard RIP Dream's Couch.

Bianca Belair vs Taynara Conti. I know this was suppose to be a Showcase for Belair who is lost in the shuffle when two major storylines going on in the Division, but hey she looked good in this one. I would say this is the best Conti has ever looked in NXT. She looked ever so confident in her abilities well also showing what new stuff she has added to her arsenal these days.

Cole vs Myles. The Confident Champion played up his role in this Match, as Myles played up just as well the Babyface with momentum going for him. Now I've gone on the record saying how I felt about Myles's Performance in the Breakout Tournament, but he made this opportunity for him. Myles gave it his all, but he found out by the end Cole is a different Animal that he's faced in the Breakout tourney.

Next Week Baszler vs Ripley, and in two Weeks Mia Yim vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair where winner faces Shayna on the NXT Debut Show on USA. Io chances I feel went from high to very low after that attack so we might be headed towards another Yim vs Baszler Match unless WWE really has interest in having Bianca be the lady to take the Title away from Shayna.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Main event was really good, nothing special but for a TV match I fucked with it. Rest of the show was a bit weaker, but holy shit Roddy burning the couch :lmao they'll do anything to try and help his charisma and it just ain't working

I don't really care. Roddy is an amazing wrestler so that's fine with me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't really care. Roddy is an amazing wrestler so that's fine with me.

Oh yeah I've been a huge fan of Roddy for 10 years now but his promos always been trash and what's sad is he's gotten so much better than his ROH days and I still think he's bad :DEAD:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
One of the better NXT Shows for sure this Week. I would be lying to you if I said it didn't warm my heart to see the reunion of Breezango together again. They had a good opener with Parker and Martel who looked like they belong as well so safe to say win win from this Match from me.

After the opener man did WWE plug in alot of Backstage Segments. We had Myles rolling with Lee getting ready with for NXT World Title Match, Grimes talking to himself saying he needs to win the NXT World Title, and Io attacking Candice with a Kendo Stick Backstage. I knew we would get Io/Candice 2, and that attack locks in it. What interested me the most was Lee rolling with Miles. Now Weeks ago Lee air out his feelings about the NXT Breakout Tourney not liking all these guys coming in and the people in charge forgetting about him. I would love to see if WWE would turn Lee Heel to bring up Myles that was very interesting to see.

Dream vs Reeves. Not really the cleanest of Matches let me tell you and how can Reeves get any momentum going when you see him one Week, and then not for a couple of Months? Anyways Dream wins it, but has to see the Horror of Strong destroying his beloved Couch! Dream is going to respond hard RIP Dream's Couch.

Bianca Belair vs Taynara Conti. I know this was suppose to be a Showcase for Belair who is lost in the shuffle when two major storylines going on in the Division, but hey she looked good in this one. I would say this is the best Conti has ever looked in NXT. She looked ever so confident in her abilities well also showing what new stuff she has added to her arsenal these days.

Cole vs Myles. The Confident Champion played up his role in this Match, as Myles played up just as well the Babyface with momentum going for him. Now I've gone on the record saying how I felt about Myles's Performance in the Breakout Tournament, but he made this opportunity for him. Myles gave it his all, but he found out by the end Cole is a different Animal that he's faced in the Breakout tourney.

Next Week Baszler vs Ripley, and in two Weeks Mia Yim vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair where winner faces Shayna on the NXT Debut Show on USA. Io chances I feel went from high to very low after that attack so we might be headed towards another Yim vs Baszler Match unless WWE really has interest in having Bianca be the lady to take the Title away from Shayna.
Fuck Kona Reeves

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
  • Haha
Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
20190909_NXT_Shayna--8f8093ec4ef93c6dd32978bbbcd99d8d.jpg

WWE NXT preview, Sept. 11, 2019: NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler faces Rhea Ripley
Rhea Ripley figures to give NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler all she can handle in a non-title match on this week’s edition of NXT. Plus, Johnny Gargano addresses the NXT Universe and his future for the first time since his defeat at TakeOver: Toronto, Pete Dunne is back in action against Angel Garza, and more.
20190828_NXT_RipleyBaszler--fc88cb28ad6f35bb37f07cdeae86b8f6.jpg

Rhea Ripley steps to Shayna Baszler's throne
Shayna Baszler’s reign is among the most dominant we’ve ever seen by an NXT Women’s Champion. The Submission Magician has dispatched a plethora of challengers, but Rhea Ripley used a surprise appearance two weeks ago to remind Baszler that her list of victims doesn’t include her name.

With a few choice words after snatching a microphone from Baszler’s hands, Ripley appears to have her sights set squarely on the longest-reigning champion in WWE. And Ripley knows a thing or two about championship gold herself. The aggressive Aussie won a tournament to become the first-ever NXT UK Women’s Champion a little more than a year ago.

Baszler’s indomitable run over the NXT Women’s division has seen her overcome several threats with the Kirifuda Clutch, but Ripley’s powerful repertoire represents a unique obstacle for The Queen of Spades
20190909_NXT_Johnny--5e4be1c7172d9fffd5e2ab66977746f9.jpg

Johnny Gargano addresses the NXT Universe and his future
The NXT Universe has not seen Johnny Gargano since he lost a grueling 2-out-of-3 Falls Match with Adam Cole for the NXT Championship at TakeOver: Toronto last month. Gargano shrewdly set himself up for a submission victory in the second fall with the use of a steel chair that cost him the first fall by disqualification, but he was defeated in the final fall inside a steel cage, concluding one of the most brutal battles in NXT history.

Johnny Wrestling’s failure to regain the title in the final act of the black-and-gold brand’s most bitter rivalry of 2019 caused speculation to swirl regarding his future on NXT, which he’s called home for more than four years. Gargano has shown an incomparable ability to rebound in the face of adversity, but fans have to wonder about his state of mind — and body — after such a taxing war with Cole consumed him for five months.

What will Gargano have to say? Have we seen the end of Johnny TakeOver, or is this merely the start of a new chapter for the heart and soul of NXT?
20190909_NXT_Dunne--c17b4cc022084d28065d70ff1d7280ad.jpg

Pete Dunne returns to the ring against Angel Garza
Pete Dunne said if his loss in the NXT North American Championship Triple Threat Match at TakeOver: Toronto against The Velveteen Dream and Roderick Strong knocked him to the “back of the line,” well, bring it on. He’ll begin that endeavor with a challenge from promising upstart Angel Garza, who looks to scale the ranks of NXT.

Garza quickly made an impression with his performance in the NXT Breakout Tournament and likely won’t allow Dunne to get back on track without a fight. However, The BruiserWeight’s mighty strikes could be an equally dangerous risk for the renown good looks of NXT’s resident lothario.

Wednesday’s matchup will certainly be a clash of unique styles — not to mention personalities.
20190909_NXT_Raul--f42358b53dca1bfcb8007bd2a5cea94a.jpg

Raul Mendoza clashes with Cameron Grimes
Though Cameron Grimes came up shy of winning NXT’s first-ever Breakout Tournament, he certainly didn’t fail to make an impact in his run to the final against Jordan Myles. Grimes’ gritty, yet seasoned offense — informed by plentiful experience across the nation’s top independent promotions — quickly proved effective in two tournament victories.

The Technical Savage should be careful to not overlook his next opponent in the aerial-mindedRaul Mendoza, though, given his demonstrated knack for big victories from an underdog position.
20190909_NXT_attack--498bafb8eb956c9ce155a49af988c176.jpg

Will Candice LeRae seek retribution against Io Shirai?
If we’ve learned anything in recent weeks about the rivalry between Candice LeRae and Io Shirai, it’s that their encounter at TakeOver: Toronto was far from a resolution to their bad blood.

NXT officials had to pull Shirai away from a vicious, Kendo stick-aided beatdown of LeRae, who was left lying last week in the parking lot outside Full Sail Live.

The Genius of the Sky already has her plate full with a Triple Threat Match next week on NXT’s premiere on USA Network against Bianca Belair and Mia Yim to determine the next challenger to Shayna Baszler’s Women’s Championship. But given what we’ve seen so far throughout the explosive conflict, LeRae likely won’t let last week’s assault go unchecked.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rhea Ripley gets the limo gimmick......not really fitting her character.