WWE NXT Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wait Bobby in this match? Wonder why he got pulled from those EVOLVE shows then unless i's just a precaution?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
BRUH that sequence by Riddle fucking ruled

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I pop every time someone stomps on Riddle's toes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh yeah Breeze back in NXT full-time is gonna be a lot of fun

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roddy with the pin on Dream to set up that title match :mark: Awesome main event, glad they didn't go with breaking up the Undisputed Era yet like they were teasing these last few months

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Roddy is slowly just becoming the workhorse of NXT and a dark horse for a Main Event Push could see them setting up Cole vs. Strong

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roddy is slowly just becoming the workhorse of NXT and a dark horse for a Main Event Push could see them setting up Cole vs. Strong

His mic work seems to FINALLY be improving too after he was the WOAT for his whole career, but yeah dude can have a good match with anyone and he's been one of my favorites since like 08 so I'm so happy for him getting this run in NXT

Reactions: King Kota

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
His wife was rumored to join the Era could be the powere struggle needed for new leadership. Unless of course they all win gold.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
His wife was rumored to join the Era could be the powere struggle needed for new leadership. Unless of course they all win gold.

She's gotta get a lot better in the ring for me to enjoy that, but it would make for a nice power struggle even if the story is pretty basic of a woman breaking up the team :TI:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
20190619_NXT_Bracket_article--c6ea683c28a63af7e2ead7137073bcac.jpg

Here's the bracket for the "Breakout Tournament" that Regal announced. Some of the guys you might recognize under previous names:

Angel Garza FKA Humberto Garza
Bronson Reed FKA Jonah Rock
Cameron Grimes FKA Trevor Lee
Dexter Lumis FKA Samuel Shaw
Isaiah "Swerve" Scott FKA Shane Strickland
Joaquin Wilde FKA DJZ
Jordan Myles FKA ACH

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I really enjoyed the Hell outta NXT this week with a few negatives, but I'll get into it deeper right now. The Opening Segment with Undisputed Era, Riddle, Breeze, and Dream was fucking great. Everyone's words got over with the fans and the people like me were into it so hard. My Mouth dropped when Cole said you should go back to reviewing Wrestlers from The Attitude Era towards Riddle, and even Riddle didn't expect that line to be dropped to him. So much charisma that was oozing away from this Segment and I was really happy with it.

Damian Priest vs. Raul Mendoza. Not a bad debut for Priest, but it wasn't like he blew me away. It's his look, his style, the way he carries himself is what I like so far. We won't know what the potential is for him, till he gets in a feud with someone major.

NXT Breakout Tournament I'm really looking forward to no doubt. DJ Z vs Garza Jr next week we are in a treat with that one.

Xia Li vs. Taynara Conti. A good filler of a Women's Match for this Week, but honestly if they were smart they should of had something with Io/Shayna leading to their Cage Match next week. Theirs been 2 weeks of nothing outside of Packages and I kinda wanted something, even just a Brawl would of been cool. As for Li vs Conti I really like both women and feel that they have a ton of potential so was really glad to see them get the shot on TV. They had a really solid match here, with Li picking up an important TV win.

Undisputed Era vs Dream/Riddle/Breeze. This was a very good and fun main event, which played off of the strengths of the Undisputed Era as a unified force against the faces trying to take them down, but Dream’s ego got in the way, costing he and his team the match and likely set up his next challenger which will be amazing with Strong if it goes that route.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Oh and I forgot to bring up the great Package they did on Mia Yim. You cannot feel like you don't want to see her as NXT Women's Champion from where she came from in her life. "I'm the Rose that grew from Concrete"

When she said that my heart skipped a beat, because people on this forum have no clue and God hoping they have to go through the trials in life like she has gone through as well as myself. It makes us stronger as people though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT preview, June 26, 2019: NXT Women’s Title on the line in a Steel Cage Match
History will be made this week when Io Shirai challenges NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler for the title in the first Women’s Cage Match in NXT history! Plus, newly crowned NXT Tag Team Champions The Street Profits battle The Forgotten Sons, the inaugural Breakout Tournament gets underway and much more.
20190612_NXT_BaszlerShirai--2a99230b2e29f1dd053ca4c500122b5a.jpg

Shayna Baszler and Io Shirai take their rivalry into the steel cage
Weeks removed from their classic battle at TakeOver: XXV, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler and Io Shirai are set to collide in a title rematch this week on WWE Network. But unlike any of their previous wars, this conflict will take place in the only fighting ground capable of containing their fury: A steel cage.

Although The Genius of the Sky fell short of capturing the title at TakeOver, she gave The Submission Magician one of her most grueling challenges to date. Moreover, Shirai gave Baszler a painful reckoning after the bell, using a Kendo stick and a steel chair to dish out an uncharacteristically ruthless attack on the champion. The enmity heightened even further on June 12, with Shirai and Baszler throwing down in a wild brawl that sprawled throughout the arena.

In the past, Superstars like The Horsewomen’s Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir and Candice LeRae have interjected themselves into this intense rivalry. Yet, with a steel cage surrounding the ring, that possibility is all but thrown out the window tonight, leaving bitter enemies Baszler and Shirai to settle the score one-on-one, with the prestigious NXT Women's Title on the line.
20190620_NXT_ProfitsForgotten--b3978c723b9c1f885bf545317d681aa8.jpg

Street Profits tangle with Forgotten Sons
For new NXT Tag Team Champions The Street Profits, the time for celebration has ended. It’s now time to get back to work, and that means a showdown with two of the black-and-gold brand’s roughest brawlers, The Forgotten Sons’ Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake.

Not that Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford would have it any other way. The Sultans of Swag are no strangers to the grind, nor are they strangers to The Forgotten Sons. Even though all four Superstars are likely still feeling the effects of the wildly hard-hitting Fatal 4-Way Ladder Match at TakeOver: XXV, you can expect both teams to view this week’s match as nothing short of critical. The Street Profits’ hardware might not be at stake, but Dawkins & Ford know better than anyone how quickly momentum comes and goes in NXT’s competitive Tag Team division. The Savages of NXT, meanwhile, remain as determined as ever to make sure they never again take a back seat, and a strong showing against the titleholders could go a long way in ensuring that fate.
20190620_NXT_JoaquinAngel--83e189e28b6ce5cce83e66d3847ffd4b.jpg

Joaquin Wilde faces Angel Garza in the NXT Breakout Tournament
The excitement surrounding the NXT Breakout Tournament has continued to build since NXT General Manager William Regal’s announcement last week, and this week on NXT, the revolutionary competition gets underway with a First-Round Match between debuting Superstars Joaquin Wilde and Angel Garza.

Which NXT newcomer will step up, break out and move closer to earning a championship opportunity of his choosing? On one side of the ring will be Wilde, a fearless daredevil known for his off-the-top-rope innovations. Then there’s third-generation Superstar Garza, a multi-time champion in his native Mexico who carries himself with the pride and confidence that comes with being a member of one of lucha libre’s most esteemed dynasties.

Word to the wise: You won’t want to miss this.
20190620_NXT_Keith--4ef949ce6e8adadf00f945f3fd889113.jpg

Bask in the glory of Keith Lee
Set your reminders now, because anytime Keith Lee is in action, it’s appointment viewing.

The Limitless Superstar has taken a mostly low profile in recent months, due in part to an injury that sidelined him, but his return to the ring earlier this month, which resulted in victory against Kona Reeves, proved that Lee is every bit as dominant as ever. Get ready to watch the perception-shattering big man blow more minds when he re-enters the squared circle this week on NXT, streaming Wednesday at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Give Io the belt, please. Either that or finally move her up to create the Oriental Empire.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Give Io the belt, please. Either that or finally move her up to create the Oriental Empire.

"finally" move her up? She's only been in NXT since like last November and I still think she needs more time lol I wouldn't mind her getting the belt here at all tho bc she's definitely grown on me a lot during this Shayna feud and that means Shayna can finally get called up and bully this women's roster :mark: But either way Mia Yim probably got next and I'm cheering for her over either of these two bc she fuckin' rules