WWE no longer paying for Sunny's rehab

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
A few days ago we posted the new Kayfabe Commentaries trailer with WWE Hall of Famer Sunny where she talked about her relationship with WWE and how they were helping her with rehab:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

WWE has released a statement to CagesideSeats.com and for the first time ever, they have publicly stated that they will no longer fund rehab for a former talent. Here is the statement from WWE:

"As part of the Former Talent Rehabilitation Program, WWE has sent Ms. Sytch to rehabilitation numerous times, with all costs covered by WWE. Unfortunately, Ms. Sytch has continued to make poor personal choices and is ultimately responsible for the consequences of these decisions. WWE has always provided rehabilitation at a certified treatment center; however, given Ms. Sytch’s inability to change her lifestyle and successfully complete treatment, WWE will no longer fund her rehabilitation."

I know I might sound cold-hearted in saying this, but it's about damn time and she's had this coming. You would think she would have learned her lesson after Candido died, but I guess that wasn't enough incentive to straighten her shit out.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call for her and she'll make more effort in curving her lifestyle. I would hate to see one of my favorite divas meet a Whitney Houston-esque demise.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I don't mean to go all CM Punk on you guys......but fucking idiots with their drugs.

That being said....death is a complicated issue, and always sad..didn't mean to insult any entertainer who's died of an overdose...just sayin'..

I didn't know WWE provided rehab expenses for ex-performers? That's a very good initiative on their side IMO.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not familiar with the rehab institution that WWE sends these people too but most of the mid to high end ones are very nice. It's like they've essentially been sending her on vacation she gets home drugs up and decides it's time for another vacation with the WWE footing the bill every time.

I think they should establish a time frame they don't need to take care of these people for life even after they've decided to leave sometimes slandering the WWE. Say Angle quit (because they wanted him to go to rehab) went to TNA putting vince down the entire time stayed clean for 30 years then decided to go to rehab why should WWE foot that bill, under the current setup that's what could happen.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It was always nice to see WWE taking care of their former superstars but I have to say that in this case, I'm glad they stopped funding her rehabilitation. Not because I wish her anything bad but because I think she'll finally realise she needs to stop ruining her own life. Yes, WWE might be there to take care of her when she needs it but for Christ's sake, she needs to appreciate the help, man the fuck up stop doing crazy shit. If you can't appreciate your own life, why would WWE have to do it for you?

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
This makes me wonder how close Scott Hall is to being cut from the program as well... Having Trips in charge I'm sure helps his cause but my guess is that them cutting off Sunny was probably also a warning to guys like Hall, Jake Roberts, and others... Maybe they were already told this and that's why both have hooked up with DDP in an attempt to clean up for good

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I agree with their decision and all, but jesus does their statement sound harsh or what?

Read through the lines and it basically says "fuck you golddigger, sort your shit out".

Side note, WWE should probably consider hiring DDP to head up their Wellness stuff, if he's managed to get Jake Roberts clean then anyone else is a walk in the park.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have to say it is about time, and maybe it will be the wake up call she needs, I truly hope so.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I agree, that statement was slightly harsh, but the truth hurts. Why the Hell should they keep spending their money on someone who won't help themselves. You can't help people who aren't willing to help themselves.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It might sound a bit harsh but there's no less harsh way to do something like this. You can't come to her, pet her on the back and tell her "Sweetie, we love you but we're tired of your shit. Wake up."

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
She keeps going to rehab and keeps fucking up everytime. I don't blame WWE for no longer wanting to pay Tammy's stints in rehab anymore.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Understandable decision, but god forbid anything happens to her now so soon after them pulling out on her because you can just imagine the amount of negative press they will get.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Yeah i'm not surprised by this, she keeps saying she wants to get clean and i see her in interviews and i just don't believe her.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Cant blame them, she obviously has no intent or lacks the will power to change, WWE sponsored rehab was just a free holiday for her she could take anytime she wanted.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just another drug statistic.

Dr. Drew wouldn't even try to fame whore this case.

Now she'll eventually be on the totally innacurate list of wrestler deaths that was being shopped around.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
At least she has new material to moan about in her shoots now, it's been the same old Candido sob story for a decade.

Should of put her in my death pool instead of Jake Roberts goddamit.