WWE Network

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- During Thursday morning's investor conference call, WWE CEO Vince McMahon said that WWE will "soon be making a very big announcement" on WWE Network plans. cMahon said that WWE is on track to launch the network next year and feels confident they "finally turned the corner" to where they can make the "very big announcement."

- When asked about when the WWE Network will launch, WWE said 6 months is a good estimate.

- They noted they have about 100,000 hours of footage in their tape library - with 30,000 hours digitized. They are using those 30,000 hours as the first programming for the Network and will continue to digitize the rest of their content. They called their library of footage their most underutilized and unappreciated asset. WWE owns 100% of the rights to their tape library, although they do license it to partners.- They were asked about WWE's Network and if would have any partnerships. Vince said it would be solely owned by WWE.

- Vince McMahon talked about why the network will be a success - and took a shot at Oprah Winfrey's struggling network, which he called a failure. Vince said Oprah just put her name on the network without giving fans what they want, which is a mistake WWE won't make.

- Also during the conference call, WWE said that their 4th quarter earnings report will reflect several big expenses related to the upcoming WWE Network. Upcoming WWE Network expenses include $4-6 million for staffing and $10-15 million for additional equipment and construction of a WWE Network Media Center.
Wonder what the big announcement is gonna be. Probably will be something to do with the PPV's or something.

TheZig

Reaction score
I hope the Network will be giving the fans what they want, If i was in the US i'd be demanding old WCW Nitro episodes, Which they will obviously edit due to Benoit and so on.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hope they do it like how I seen them do on WWE classics where they play the Nitro ep from the same day the Raw one happened and instead of going to commercial it goes to the other company. Would be great if they did that every day.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't think they should overplay the Monday Night Wars. I think it should be a once a week block. I also think Hardcore TV should be the same way. What I look forward to though is old SD, Thunder, Heat, and Veloicty episodes airing.

The biggest news was that they aren't seeking outside networks for Superstars and NXT even though they lost $9M without their US revenue from WGN and SyFy for the shows. I took that to mean they will be making the jump as well to the network and be featured there where WWE can sell their own ad time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Will be glad about Superstars but NXT meh they need to replace it with something else unless they revamp it cause in its current format it is just horrible.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Have you watched the current NXT?

It is a brand all of its own, with storylines, matches, characters, and good commentary. It is basically Superstars with storylines or ECW without the title and Abraham Washington

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nah just cause I've read the spoilers and it didn't seem worth tuning in for but I'm glad to here it's kind of like a brand now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Regardless of what it's turned into, NXT is just a Blue mess with people showing up on the show who aren't even supposed to be on there. It's seem like they've lost focus on what the show was actually supposed to be about given how fast they churned the seasons out with no breaks in between.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Everyone who showed up had a reason for being brought in and showing up thou. They actually, in most likelihood accidentally, stumbled upon a formula which gave them characters who each have their own stories and personal alliances and agendas. If they did that for SD or Raw or even ECW at the end of its run it would have been better. They fucked up into something actually watchable and with an on going story and rivalries for everyone who appears, instead of having random guys and girls floating around.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think if they bring it to the network they just need to shape it into an organized brand that showcases younger guys from FCW they think are almost ready for SD or Raw IE: Be what ECW was.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWECW wasn't all that bad in reality just shouldn't have had the initials it did.

TheZig

Reaction score
There have been some really bad decisions made on this season of NXT but overall if you forget the shows main focus it has quality wrestling. The main focus being eliminations weekly to find one breakout star but they have suspended the eliminations for a good 3 months now with 3 contestants still remaining, One of them being Darren Young who is suspended so that has probably been a factor.

They have set up some decent storylines eg. Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins vs The Uso's, I don't know how you can justify them being there but they are and its a good thing. They wouldn't get a shot on Raw/Smackdown and i doubt they would push a storyline on superstars considering they use that show for random matches. Another thing im glad they have done is cut down on the stupid contests, The majority were unbearable to watch.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Usos were called out by JTG and Darren Young on NXT and later Superstars. They came and made a statement at their expense. They had a feud going before black Cena got a hold to Spice. Hawkins searched for a partner on Superstars, found Rex, and came to NXT where the Usos were to teach them what a real team was after Young got suspended.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like the idea of a countdown show. They can countdown the biggest moments of the week or simply take the Power 25 from wwe.com and do that on television.

Vince must be very confident with this new network that he is turning away $9 million a year by not putting NXT and Superstars on another network. It will be a good bonus each week for fans that pay for the Network that they get two hours of new wrestling each week.

WWECW wasn't all that bad in reality just shouldn't have had the initials it did.

WWE ECW was awesome the issue was people would connect the name with what the original ECW stood for and kept wanting violence. This ECW was fantastic at debuting new stars and giving them the push required to get them over. It also helped reboot some veterans careers the best example was Mark Henry. They also had the perfect one hour format that was centred around at least three matches a show and minimal over the top backstage crap. I wish they never dropped the brand.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That diva reality show is going to be a disaster. So they plan on taping between shows as they travel together in a bus? It's probably going to be put randomly together as well. No way that can end good. Still I hope to see some BETH on the show.