WWE Network Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Watched the WWE24 on the Hardyz. Was interesting to see that they actually got TNA footage of Victory Road on there and openly talked about it.

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
So happy they uploaded more 1992 WWF Superstars. That show (along with WWF Wrestling Challenge) are the first two wrestling shows I found on TV in 1990 as a 7 year old. Keep uploading more Superstars, and finally upload some Wrestling Challenge, PLEASE. They aren't the best shows from a match standpoint because it's mostly legit WWF wrestlers going up against mostly local jobbers, but it brings back sooo many good memories for me. And while the match aspect was mostly blah; I LOVED the interviews the wrestlers would do while standing in front of a colorful logo'd background for each wrestler. And who can forget Sean Mooney sitting in a studio telling you the WWF shows coming to your area in the near future. That's how I foundout about the WWF House Show that wound up being the first wrestling show I ever attended live; which was a WWF House Show in Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, NY on August 27, 1993. Great times.

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yesterday I finally watched the CM Punk BITW documentary. Loved it. I hope he comes back someday, but it feels really unlikely. I think McMahon would have to be dead or no longer running WWE for it to happen.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yesterday I finally watched the CM Punk BITW documentary. Loved it. I hope he comes back someday, but it feels really unlikely. I think McMahon would have to be dead or no longer running WWE for it to happen.

Love that Doc to pieces and I own it in my huge Container full of DVDs. In a perfect World, Punk and WWE sit down and air out all their differences one day, but Punk has said he's done in the Ring. I don't believe him at all, we thought Edge would never wrestle, but seeing NXT and the WWE how it's changed up lit the Fire for him again. Punk hopefully has that moment one day it would be a wonderful moment for Wrestling if he returned in a major angle too.

Reactions: Pat

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Love that Doc to pieces and I own it in my huge Container full of DVDs. In a perfect World, Punk and WWE sit down and air out all their differences one day, but Punk has said he's done in the Ring. I don't believe him at all, we thought Edge would never wrestle, but seeing NXT and the WWE how it's changed up lit the Fire for him again. Punk hopefully has that moment one day it would be a wonderful moment for Wrestling if he returned in a major angle too.

I 100% agree. Often I think that if WWE was ever in dire need of a ratings boost, they’d bring him back. Now is the time, but I feel like it would spoil the moment if it was not in front of a crowd. When do you think that might be?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I've reached the point personally where a Punk return no longer interests me. If he is true to his beliefs, what about an even more corporatized and shady WWE than the one he left would interest him? It would be a contradiction to everyone he has said over the years. And once you take away that rebellious edge, how are his promos going to come across? I think what made him what he was, was the fact that his words were believable and he was genuinely seen as "The Voice of the Voiceless". How are you going to maintain that when the whole world knows you basically sold out to come back? I just don't think it would be worth it. If Punk were to return to in ring action it would have to be for AEW or NJPW. But it seems like he already passed on AEW and NJPW isn't as popular around the world as it was a couple years ago so I don't think it's in the cards. And that's fine by me, personally. I'm content to just remember him for the years of greatness we got out of him.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If Vince threw some of that sweet Saudi money at him, I think he’d work a match.

My stance on it really hasn’t changed since 2014; if he comes back then cool. If not, then cool. He was good but not irreplaceable. Plus it’s been 6 years of ring rust at this point.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I can understand all the negatives and positives with Punk, but their isn't a day I see a Match or a Wrestler he had history with and it doesn't take me back towards his Career. I would agree as much I would love to him return to WWE, it would be smarter to see him wrestle for a little bit of time outside of WWE waters and come back. I thought Styles is a perfect example of that, he leaves Impact, tears it up with NJPW and then calls start coming from WWE.

Did anyone besides me see The Last Ride: Chapter 1 Episode from the Taker Doc last night? Pretty amazing to see Taker finally show us his life and the Behind the Scenes stuff with Taker talking about his life especially going back 3 Years was great.

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah I can understand all the negatives and positives with Punk, but their isn't a day I see a Match or a Wrestler he had history with and it doesn't take me back towards his Career. I would agree as much I would love to him return to WWE, it would be smarter to see him wrestle for a little bit of time outside of WWE waters and come back. I thought Styles is a perfect example of that, he leaves Impact, tears it up with NJPW and then calls start coming from WWE.

Did anyone besides me see The Last Ride: Chapter 1 Episode from the Taker Doc last night? Pretty amazing to see Taker finally show us his life and the Behind the Scenes stuff with Taker talking about his life especially going back 3 Years was great.

I watched it yesterday afternoon when it dropped. I loved it. It's mesmerizing to see how he just keeps on trucking even though his body doesn't want him to. I'm glad he didn't call it a career against Roman. It's so hard to know who that last match should be.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I really don’t think Taker will have an announced “last match” at this point. From a character standpoint, he’s missed the 2 perfect chances to walk away. I just think one day he’ll have a match and we won’t see him again afterwards.

Reactions: Pat and Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I really don’t think Taker will have an announced “last match” at this point. From a character standpoint, he’s missed the 2 perfect chances to walk away. I just think one day he’ll have a match and we won’t see him again afterwards.

Maybe so, and I'm happy he had that Match with Styles this Year to change it up and save his body vs some of the Matches he had that took a major toll on his body. I've always though the day Taker comes out as Mark and then leaves the Urn and one Grey Glove I'll believe he'll retire.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just caught the first 2 episodes of Taker's documentary series and it was so surreal getting that level of access to him given how protective of the business he's been all this time.

It was actually sad to see how beaten and broken down the guy was. Even though over the last number of years we've seen him slow down, I never realised to what extent.

I think we all figured at the time that his match with Roman was going to be his retirement and it was interesting to see how that looked to be the case given all the talk from various people.

What I took most from these two episodes though is that he clearly doesn't know when to walk away which is really sad to see and like Michelle said, he's just going to be stuck in a horrible cycle. He couldn't walk away after the Roman match because of how much he hated it, he couldn't walk away after the Cena match because he felt he could do more.. It's gonna be super interesting to see him speak about the matches that followed these that are arguably even worse.

Say what you want about their tv shows etc but WWE's documentary series are fucking incredible

Reactions: Chris and Greedy

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Arguably worse? Bro, the Saudi tag match and Goldberg match were top tier disasterpieces. :lol At least he has the tag match with Roman against Shane and Drew and I guess the Boneyard match (though it wasn't really a match so it doesn't prove anything about his in ring ability) to be somewhat happy about. My issue with this thing though is if this is a Taker redemption doc... where does it conclude? Is he going to be satisfied after the Boneyard match? Is that the culmination of his big comeback? If so, that's not a very good conclusion to me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Arguably worse? Bro, the Saudi tag match and Goldberg match were top tier disasterpieces. :lol At least he has the tag match with Roman against Shane and Drew and I guess the Boneyard match (though it wasn't really a match so it doesn't prove anything about his in ring ability) to be somewhat happy about. My issue with this thing though is if this is a Taker redemption doc... where does it conclude? Is he going to be satisfied after the Boneyard match? Is that the culmination of his big comeback? If so, that's not a very good conclusion to me.
I've never watched and will never watch the Saudi shows, I just heard how bad the matches were so couldn't say based off my own viewing.

Greedy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
I've never watched and will never watch the Saudi shows, I just heard how bad the matches were so couldn't say based off my own viewing.
It's a good thing you didn't watch. It was embarrassing.

Reactions: Chris