WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (September 5, 2011)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
No, that is accurate.

...god...

Reaction score
There's no hinting, he said straight up he is appearing at SS..

...god...

Reaction score
Btw, promos of Rock with Truth (and Miz) = absolute gold.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Also why the hell would Nash side with Punk when he screwed him out of the title???? Not to mention turning Punk heel would be Blue with all the time they've invested in him. And screw Miz heel before he gets to feud with Punk over the title, class A feud in the making. The thought of Truth, Miz, Punk, and a returning JERICHO in the main event is the only thing to look forward to for Raw's future, imo. The promos... good god, just awesome, could even throw Christian in there, since I'd like to see him get involved with Miz/Truth in some way so he doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

There are a couple of things to consider here. First off, it's happened on a few occasions where somebody has been positioned against someone else only for it to turn out that they are in cahoots. Second, in this whole feud with HHH, Punk and Nash the title hasn't really been the main consideration, power has been. So why not lose the title if it means you gain the power? If you have the power then you get the title back whenever you want, right?

The only other feasible option that I can think of is that somehow Nash manages to interfere without Punk's knowledge and still cost HHH the match in the end. That could be interesting as it could wind up with HHH and Punk in an alliance of some sort.

Regarding Punk turning heel though; one of the best heel turns I've ever seen was one where a face turn never really happened to begin with. Remember when the Rock "turned face" leading up to the world title tournament at Survivor Series 98? When Rock revealed that he was still heel, his heel heat went through the roof. They hated him even more for that tease but it also helped set the Rock up for the heights that he did eventually reach as a face. So, maybe Punk isn't actually a babyface. Maybe something along the same lines is happening here.

or did i mis-understand something

No, you didn't. As a matter of fact WWE is advertising it as much more than that. The MSG website (http://www.thegarden.com/events/wwe-survivor-series-1111.html) is actually advertising it as The Rock's return to action for the first time in 8 years. Ideally that means Rock is wrestling. If he is, it'll probably be on somebodies Survivor Series team and is it too much of a stretch to think that Rock won't have a match or two between Survivor Series and WM? If so, it's a pretty good idea to start off with just a taste in a multi-man match.

...god...

Reaction score
I was thinking about The Rock when I was typing that post and I actually rewatched a lot of that stuff not long ago, but I thought Cena as the new corporate champion of a heel HHH faction would make more sense and be far more epic (also setting up for Rock vs. Cena later down the road). But with Rey gone I don't ever think they'll turn Cena and may just stick to their top three faces in Cena, Orton, and Punk for now.

Also, I called that Rock would wrestle before his WM match long ago, and I smurfs like Peep laughing, go fuck yourself. But then again, didn't the WWE advertise Triple H was going to wrestle this week on Raw or was that just a rumor (saw it posted on PWI)?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Ummm what? I never said he wouldn't wrestle before then. I said you were stupid as fuck if you thought he was actually sticking around and not leaving for months and months.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I was thinking about The Rock when I was typing that post and I actually rewatched a lot of that stuff not long ago, but I thought Cena as the new corporate champion of a heel HHH faction would make more sense and be far more epic (also setting up for Rock vs. Cena later down the road). But with Rey gone I don't ever think they'll turn Cena and may just stick to their top three faces in Cena, Orton, and Punk for now.

I kinda agree, but I've accepted that Cena is just not going heel until the current crop of younger fans grow up and resent Cena. Then it'll happen. With Punk, you have someone who the fans have really gotten behind. He already was mad over as a heel as part of the SES and part of Nexus, I think that a betrayal of the fans at this point would make him the biggest heel on the entire roster. Then for your top three faces you still have Cena and Orton but I'd toss Sheamus in there too instead of Punk. Sheamus has a huge upside as an ass kicking face. Even more so when he faces off against Henry for the belt after Henry wins it. That's another thread though.

Also, I called that Rock would wrestle before his WM match long ago, and I smurfs like Peep laughing, go fuck yourself. But then again, didn't the WWE advertise Triple H was going to wrestle this week on Raw or was that just a rumor (saw it posted on PWI)?

Absolutely. It's madness to think that Rock wouldn't even get in a quick squash or two before WM. I doubt he gets in a feud per se, but he'll have a match or two. I'd also like to toss him in the Rumble but that doesn't really make much sense.

...god...

Reaction score
Actually, come to think of it, they are building up Sheamus really hard. All the Cena/Sheamus interactions, now sticking him with Christian. Who knows, he might get pushed to the moon.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Actually, come to think of it, they are building up Sheamus really hard. All the Cena/Sheamus interactions, now sticking him with Christian. Who knows, he might get pushed to the moon.

The way I see it is like this. Henry beats Orton for the belt, they'll have their re-match or whatever and in the meantime Christian and Sheamus can have their little feud culminating with a match for the number 1 contender's spot. Sheamus wins and goes on to feud with Henry over the belt, which works out because I don't think Sheamus and Henry actually had any kind of conclusion to their mini-feud a month or so ago. I see Henry getting the belt, but not holding it for very long, so they'll have Sheamus take it off him. He's already getting over big time as a face and I think that will be the thing that makes it official.

...god...

Reaction score
Btw Monk, consider this. Why would the WWE put this new (obviously face) theme on Punk if they were deciding to turn him heel again, which would most definitely be a long-term decision they made before? On top of that, we wouldn't be seeing him come out to any new faction-type music, it's literally a essential SOLO theme.

Also, I dunno, I just don't like the thought of Nash joining with Punk after all the shit he's caused him recently, powerbombed him twice, they've beat the hell out of each other so and so on. Has Russo booking written all over it. I know he use to do it a bunch in the Attitude Era and there was people like me going omg this is awesome, but times were different then and I think they could pull it off simply because the McMahons were such fickle, erratic, and multi-dimensional characters. You never knew what the hell they wanted or were gonna do next. If they were going to do it, I'd rather see them pair him up with Laurinitis (which wouldn't make much sense either), either way, Laurinitis needs to be an intricate part of this storyline. Somewhere where he can be exposed constantly, because the guy is HATEABLE. He has the Vickie/Cole type of look/personality/voice where you just want to beat this fucker up every time you see his coniving-looking ass and hear his raspy, annoying voice. He's a perfect on-screen talent and should be paired with the face if he's turning heel, imo.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Btw Monk, consider this. Why would the WWE put this new (obviously face) theme on Punk if they were deciding to turn him heel again, which would most definitely be a long-term decision they made before? On top of that, we wouldn't be seeing him come out to any new faction-type music, it's literally a essential SOLO theme.

Unless the theme is tied into the idea of the faction. A Cult of Personality? Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, (just like in the song!) Castro, Mao... I can keep going. All considered people who possessed a cult of personality.

Also, I dunno, I just don't like the thought of Nash joining with Punk after all the shit he's caused him recently, powerbombed him twice, they've beat the hell out of each other so and so on.

How many nWo members beat the snot out of each other before the eventual swerve? And for the record much of that was before Russo.

Has Russo booking written all over it. I know he use to do it a bunch in the Attitude Era and there was people like me going omg this is awesome, but times were different then and I think they could pull it off simply because the McMahons were such fickle, erratic, and multi-dimensional characters. You never knew what the hell they wanted or were gonna do next.

Aren't multi-dimensional characters what we're looking for here? Characters who plot and look at the bigger picture as opposed to one dimensional cardboard cut outs who just repeat the same patterns over and over again? That kind of stuff isn't limited to the McMahons, it's limited to who is doing the writing.

If they were going to do it, I'd rather see them pair him up with Laurinitis (which wouldn't make much sense either), either way, Laurinitis needs to be an intricate part of this storyline. Somewhere where he can be exposed constantly, because the guy is HATEABLE. He has the Vickie/Cole type of look/personality/voice where you just want to beat this fucker up every time you see his coniving-looking ass and hear his raspy, annoying voice. He's a perfect on-screen talent and should be paired with the face if he's turning heel, imo.

Which he will be I would assume given the ongoing storyline. At least that seemed to be the way that things were going.

Airfixx

Reaction score
SKINNY FAT ASS

He's said it more than once in recent weeks... I thought it was a 'botch' at first, but apparently not.

Am I missing something here? Is this some kind of american-ism that I'm not aware of cos it sounds completely dumb to these ears...?

Airfixx

Reaction score
Divas of Doom, Divas of Destruction, and now this v_v. Make a name and stick with it! Fuck!

You forgot Diva's of Salvation or whatever the fuck were calling them at the begining of the segment.

TBH, not feeling the whole angle... It feels like it#s being booked on the fly, Kelly is so shit that I can't buy into her victory at SSlam, they've glammed UP Beth & Natty which is a fail, they're changing their names every week, we've yet to see them look dominant (and a heelish win over Kelly @ NOC won't change that) and this'll all be over by Feb so that they can have Natty v Beth @ WM.

Shame.

Btw, what's with the talk of Rodriguez....? He got backstage heat or sumthin'?

Please no... He's one of my faves!!!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He's said it more than once in recent weeks... I thought it was a 'botch' at first, but apparently not.

Am I missing something here? Is this some kind of american-ism that I'm not aware of cos it sounds completely dumb to these ears...?

Skinny fat ass refers to somebody who is thin but with no definition.