WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (September 5, 2011)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Well, there goes the face turn >_>..

...Cena wins... Ziggler jumps on Swagger, Vickie gets pissed... anger ensues...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Or there is no further development tonight v_v

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
They will be. Both guys are associated with Vickie? I just don't see Ziggler making it as a face yet.

What have you been watching/seeing that we haven't that would indicate they will be a team? All they've done is fight and not take well to each other. It's clearly leading to Dolph/Vickie splitting...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
What happened? I switched to the Miami/Maryland game.

nation

Reaction score
What have you been watching/seeing that we haven't that would indicate they will be a team? All they've done is fight and not take well to each other. It's clearly leading to Dolph/Vickie splitting...

Again, I don't see it yet. I think they will try to work things out and it will gradually build up to Ziggler turning face.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I just said it because I thought that's where tonight was going... because I don't see them turning Swagger and it would have been a cool moment.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
*insert obligatory complaint about not being able to participate in thread due to Raw starting at 9:15*

Anyway, few thoughts from last night.

- Nash is totally going to side with Punk and create a new nWo type stable. If they have any brains though they won't actually call it the nWo.

- Truth and Miz are fantastic. Truth had me dying with his promo.

- Could not believe the hype video they gave for Zack Ryder before he came out. I still don't think his videos are terribly amusing but good for him for taking initiative and carving out his own spot instead of waiting around for a hand out.

- Why was Heath Slater on Raw? He also may now hold the title of worst current entrance music.

- Slater plus Orton in ring equals the perfect storm of boring. Almost didn't make it to the end of the show because I was going comatose.

- Everything else was pretty meh. I'm not going to complain about Cena winning but I really do think they need to give Del Rio more TV time. Although, I imagine he's going over at Night of Champions, so maybe they're just holding off until after his victory over Cena.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention the WWE network. I'm really not all that hyped about it yet until I hear more about how they are going to handle programming because depending on what they do they may not have a whole hell of a lot of stuff to air on there.

Sure, they have old PPVs and stuff like that but unless they dip into the old TV shows as well and show them in chronological order there is going to be a lot of repeat programming and that's just not something I would consider paying for.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Chances are they work like NFL Network and NBA TV. They're sure to have a show following Superstars during their benefit things like the anti-bully campaign. Hopefully it keeps a lot of that shit off of Raw and Smackdown to focus more on the product.

I also believe they'll show WWE Films and all the behind the scenes crap for that too... and possibly live event stuff. And "news". They've got plenty to fill it with.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
^Chances are they work like NFL Network and NBA TV. They're sure to have a show following Superstars during their benefit things like the anti-bully campaign. Hopefully it keeps a lot of that shit off of Raw and Smackdown to focus more on the product.

I also believe they'll show WWE Films and all the behind the scenes crap for that too... and possibly live event stuff. And "news". They've got plenty to fill it with.

lol

This is also all stuff I would not pay for. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I won't be getting this channel unless it is somehow spectacular and I'm not counting on that.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

...god...

Reaction score
Holy shit, the Zack Ryder part was like the best moment of Raw in ages. The WWE finally doing something to help this guy get over, that promo package.. just perfect, that's how the WWE gets people to care about someone if THEY care first, shows the work he's done to try to get himself over and show he has a character. Fuckin epic. I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time, like a genuine kid's dream finally coming true. Whether it was Lawler, or creative finally just getting the sand out of their vaginas, it seems RYDER is quickly going nowhere but up now thanks to that.

Also why the hell would Nash side with Punk when he screwed him out of the title???? Not to mention turning Punk heel would be Blue with all the time they've invested in him. And screw Miz heel before he gets to feud with Punk over the title, class A feud in the making. The thought of Truth, Miz, Punk, and a returning JERICHO in the main event is the only thing to look forward to for Raw's future, imo. The promos... good god, just awesome, could even throw Christian in there, since I'd like to see him get involved with Miz/Truth in some way so he doesn't get lost in the shuffle.