WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion: Feb. 1, 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Say goodnight new day

AND HERE COMES BROCK

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Still not a fan of Dirty Deeds. Headlock Driver was better.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Dean Ambrose is about to drive into Suplex City.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Fucking awesome Raw!

Was awesome to be apart of the LD again.

I'm glad to be back apart of this family. Now I can go lay down.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
An F-5 destroys Raw and creates total chaos in Suplex City!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Fucking awesome Raw!

Was awesome to be apart of the LD again.

I'm glad to be back apart of this family. Now I can go lay down.
Glad to have you back! The discussions on Monday nights are better than ever! Thanks to [MENTION=57]Swamps[/MENTION] and [MENTION=811]Enigmatic Soul[/MENTION] for joining us. Come back next week.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This is what I was talking about during the last Raw thread with Anaconda Vice. I hope WWE keeps it up.

Yeah :lol: no idea why anyone even questioned us on that.
I'd just like to point out that I didn't question that it's where they were going with the storyline, so it would be awesome if people didn't put words in my mouth from now on please and thanks. I simply questioned the logic behind putting the guy you JUST got the title off of, that you HATE and think is disrespectful, into a match where he could potentially earn a shot at that title again. If they really hated Reigns, they'd have him in a handicap match with the Social Outcasts or some other such filler. I honestly don't even get how you guys can't see that the logic in the entire angle is completely and totally flawed, suspension of disbelief notwithstanding of course. Anyhow, I'm not getting into it again, just wanted to clear things up.

On the subject of last night's Raw, what the hell is the point of 50/50 booking the directionless Dolph Ziggler and giving him a win over Owens? If they wanted a rubber match between the two, they should have just done DQ finishes the last two weeks and let them blow it off for real at Fast Lane. This is not rocket science, the NWA booked that way for years and it always worked. Instead they have these two guys trade wins so that, at the end of the day, whoever wins still looks like a goof for not being dominant. Look at it this way, what's a better record for a feud 2-1 or 1-0-2? Having that one, decisive victory seems much more important to me than just winning the last match after swapping wins earlier.

The Miz TV segment with AJ Styles was the highlight of the show for me. I've warmed up to Miz a lot over the last little while and once again last night he proved why he's one of the best talkers in the company right now. AJ's reception was lukewarm at best but by the end of that segment Miz had them going nuts for the guy. I'm looking forward to their match on SmackDown and can't wait to see Miz take the Styles Clash.

I don't have much to say about Reigns other than it's weird to me that he gets a massive amount of cheers for the hot tag and then the crowd starts booing when he's beating up the heels. What's up with that? The crowd at this show was more bipolar than the booking committee. :lol:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'd just like to point out that I didn't question that it's where they were going with the storyline, so it would be awesome if people didn't put words in my mouth from now on please and thanks. I simply questioned the logic behind putting the guy you JUST got the title off of, that you HATE and think is disrespectful, into a match where he could potentially earn a shot at that title again. If they really hated Reigns, they'd have him in a handicap match with the Social Outcasts or some other such filler. I honestly don't even get how you guys can't see that the logic in the entire angle is completely and totally flawed, suspension of disbelief notwithstanding of course. Anyhow, I'm not getting into it again, just wanted to clear things up.

They could put him in a handicap match with the Social Outcasts and do you know what would happen? Roman Reigns would defy the odds, win the match and then Dean Ambrose would come out and help Roman Reigns fight off a potential beat down after the match portion was over. Simply putting him in crazy matches to torture him isn't going to do the one thing they need to keep them in check: splitting them up. I also never said you didn't say that, I was merely pointing out this is exactly where I said I saw it going. Although, I don't recall you agreeing with me on this. I thought you said if WWE did go that route, it would be creative booking for once and WWE was more likely looking to be simply throwing them together because they figured we'd forget past booking. You can correct me if I'm wrong, just seemed like you didn't think the endgame was to split up Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. That said, it was @Blazy Blaze who said it! (I'm just kidding, Blaze!) Let's all be friends. I apologize if we offended you. At least the match should be crazy good, right? If not, a crazy good train wreck?

The Miz TV segment with AJ Styles was the highlight of the show for me. I've warmed up to Miz a lot over the last little while and once again last night he proved why he's one of the best talkers in the company right now. AJ's reception was lukewarm at best but by the end of that segment Miz had them going nuts for the guy. I'm looking forward to their match on SmackDown and can't wait to see Miz take the Styles Clash.

The Miz TV segment was quite bizarre in that they didn't really give AJ a chance to speak. I know Miz is like really good at speaking and I get where they were going with it, but the WWE Universe as a whole doesn't really know who THIS AJ Styles is. Sure, a good chunk of them know enough about him to cheer him at the Royal Rumble and when he finally beats down the Miz, but they don't know him as a WWE performer. Then there are WWE purists who don't know who is at all and when WWE doesn't do enough to build up who he is as a WWE character, they get bored. It took WWE years to get Daniel Bryan insanely over, so I hope WWE doesn't try rest on Styles' past laurels. I agree we need to see that pompous ass clown take the Styles Clash before AJ moves on to Chris Jericho. Which will hopefully get a good reaction as it would be a shame if WWE cut his push early.

I don't have much to say about Reigns other than it's weird to me that he gets a massive amount of cheers for the hot tag and then the crowd starts booing when he's beating up the heels. What's up with that? The crowd at this show was more bipolar than the booking committee. :lol:
Roman Reigns is stuck in a weird limbo where they want to like him, but they like so many of the other people more than him. This includes Dean Ambrose, which usually give Roman a pop by proxy. This will be the one downside WWE doesn't see coming if they split up Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, and keep Roman babyface, they're going to side with Dean Ambrose, even if Ambrose is the one who turns on Reigns.

WWE won't be able to rely on Ambrose run-ins to give him pops, he'll have to sink or swim on his own.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
They could put him in a handicap match with the Social Outcasts and do you know what would happen? Roman Reigns would defy the odds, win the match and then Dean Ambrose would come out and help Roman Reigns fight off a potential beat down after the match portion was over. Simply putting him in crazy matches to torture him isn't going to do the one thing they need to keep them in check: splitting them up.
I must have missed the multitude of times Ambrose has come out to help Reigns, or vice versa for that matter. It's not exactly a regular occurrence so I'm not sure why it would happen in that scenario? Tbh, for months now I've been saying Roman should turn heel simply because his friends are so shitty and never come out to help him. :lol:

I also never said you didn't say that, I was merely pointing out this is exactly where I said I saw it going. Although, I don't recall you agreeing with me on this. I thought you said if WWE did go that route, it would be creative booking for once and WWE was more likely looking to be simply throwing them together because they figured we'd forget past booking. You can correct me if I'm wrong, just seemed like you didn't think the endgame was to split up Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. That said, it was @Blazy Blaze who said it! (I'm just kidding, Blaze!) Let's all be friends. I apologize if we offended you. At least the match should be crazy good, right? If not, a crazy good train wreck?
No, I didn't mean to question the storyline itself, although I do see how it could have been construed that way. I was questioning why they were just thrown into the match with no INITIAL explanation. The same goes for Lesnar. I just hate when they do shit without explaining it beforehand, whether it's simple to follow or not. Like I said last week, just say that the damn match is for contenders spots and I'd have had no problem with it, although I still would have questioned Brock's inclusion.

Roman Reigns is stuck in a weird limbo where they want to like him, but they like so many of the other people more than him. This includes Dean Ambrose, which usually give Roman a pop by proxy. This will be the one downside WWE doesn't see coming if they split up Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, and keep Roman babyface, they're going to side with Dean Ambrose, even if Ambrose is the one who turns on Reigns.

WWE won't be able to rely on Ambrose run-ins to give him pops, he'll have to sink or swim on his own.
Yeah, I said it last week but I stand behind it, the Roman Reigns as the next super-babyface ala Cena ship has sailed off into the night. Too many stupid booking decisions from the time he won the belt at SS until now. They could have skipped the Sheamus cash-in and just left him as the conquering champ while having HHH enter the Rumble and win the shot at him at 'Mania, where Roman would ultimately emerge victorious even with the deck stacked against him. Instead, they start/stopped the guy's booking and killed all of his momentum. I still think a Reigns heel turn at SS would have been the better call, but at least in the scenario I outlined above he MAY have had a shot at being a guy people wanted to cheer. Now he's just a guy and they don't really care. Way to go creative!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I must have missed the multitude of times Ambrose has come out to help Reigns, or vice versa for that matter. It's not exactly a regular occurrence so I'm not sure why it would happen in that scenario? Tbh, for months now I've been saying Roman should turn heel simply because his friends are so shitty and never come out to help him. :lol:

No, I didn't mean to question the storyline itself, although I do see how it could have been construed that way. I was questioning why they were just thrown into the match with no INITIAL explanation. The same goes for Lesnar. I just hate when they do shit without explaining it beforehand, whether it's simple to follow or not. Like I said last week, just say that the damn match is for contenders spots and I'd have had no problem with it, although I still would have questioned Brock's inclusion.

Yeah, I said it last week but I stand behind it, the Roman Reigns as the next super-babyface ala Cena ship has sailed off into the night. Too many stupid booking decisions from the time he won the belt at SS until now. They could have skipped the Sheamus cash-in and just left him as the conquering champ while having HHH enter the Rumble and win the shot at him at 'Mania, where Roman would ultimately emerge victorious even with the deck stacked against him. Instead, they start/stopped the guy's booking and killed all of his momentum. I still think a Reigns heel turn at SS would have been the better call, but at least in the scenario I outlined above he MAY have had a shot at being a guy people wanted to cheer. Now he's just a guy and they don't really care. Way to go creative!

But there was an explanation. The Authority stated on the raw after the royal rumble they were looking to see which superstars impressed and Reigns did just that so they put him in the #1 contenders match. Idk what the problem is.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But there was an explanation. The Authority stated on the raw after the royal rumble they were looking to see which superstars impressed and Reigns did just that so they put him in the #1 contenders match. Idk what the problem is.
I'll respond to [MENTION=51]Anaconda Vice[/MENTION] when I have a second, but I just want to say we all know Roman Reigns didn't impress the Authority.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I was more myself talking about how [MENTION=79]CM Jericho[/MENTION] was trying to question it during the actual LD myself. Trying to say that if they wanted to impress them they wouldn't do that, etc. I didn't even realize much about what happened with you [MENTION=51]Anaconda Vice[/MENTION]. I saw some of it when I read over the thread after Raw last week, but that wasn't a shot at you really. So sorry if you took it as one.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

How about Kevin Owens impressive victory over Ziggler that same night? That doesn't count? How did Brock Lesnar impress them when he wasn't even there? Flawed logic BAYBEH~!

Oh and Blazy, I wasn't mad or anything, just making sure I wasn't misquoted. :lol:

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

Reactions: 1 person