WWE Made a Mistake

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Draine said:
They did a good job of selling the People's Elblow as "the move that defeated Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold Steve Austin" right before Cena kicked out. The match was close enough that it didn't bury the entire roster.

The problem is Cena is the face it doesn't matter how much they built up one move the man who represents the era isn't good enough to beat the representative of a past era. The absolute best they currently have, the man who beat every one he could lost cleanly. No excuses he lost because Rock was the better man. It's similar to if Hogan beat The Rock it's a bad move as it makes your current product look inferior.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Seabs said:
The problem is Cena is the face it doesn't matter how much they built up one move the man who represents the era isn't good enough to beat the representative of a past era. The absolute best they currently have, the man who beat every one he could lost cleanly. No excuses he lost because Rock was the better man. It's similar to if Hogan beat The Rock it's a bad move as it makes your current product look inferior.

But he the think this era is INFERIOR!!!!!!!! PIPE BOMB :pity:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True, but after all, he already think's this era is "inferior."

I have dropped a pipe bomb!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
But he the think this era is INFERIOR!!!!!!!! PIPE BOMB :pity:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rule number 1 of business your current product should always be seen by your biggest fan base as the best. Now the marks have a visible representation of that the AE was better, so why watch the current product?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Seabs said:

That is true... There's an obvious rematch or two coming and plenty of cheesy video packages of Cena working out, trying to get stronger, faster, and better so he can finally overcome Rock as the ultimate underdog coming as well... It'll probably work with the casuals, but who knows how many casual fans are booing Cena out of buildings.

The selling of the People's Elbow protected him a little bit, the match itself proved he could hang with the Rock, but as you say, Rock won because he was the better man.

The rematch is coming soon, and if it isn't, there should be a stockholder riot trying to get Vince out of power.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The rematch will happen but there won't be any real meaning to it imo. Sure Cena wants to prove he's better but there is no bad blood between them like this time it will be lackluster. Unless one scores a beat down on the other on Raw.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Seabs said:
I mentioned Survivor Series, so basically we have another storyline where Cena goes to rise above the hate? They could have turned him heel but no we get the same old shit of Cena being the underdog. He isn't going heel now, the perfect chance was in Miami but now it's gone. The Rock has come back and made the entire current WWE look like shit as he beat the biggest star. Going heel because he's jealous also? Why not do that because of the crowd reaction at WM? Why waste a huge heel turn on Raw? Rock comes back and puts no one over but himself, what good does that do for anyone? Like it or not Rock's ego has put the story to shit because he's made himself to be better than everyone else, rendering the current product looking like shit.

@[Big Hoss Rambler] who could he go for then? He's beat the best they have to offer clean, what now?

DID U NOT WATCH THE ENDED OF THE ROCK CENA MATCH? B/C DID A HEEL THING!!!!!!!

Seabs said:
Rule number 1 of business your current product should always be seen by your biggest fan base as the best. Now the marks have a visible representation of that the AE was better, so why watch the current product?

WELL IT NOT PG SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
DID U NOT WATCH THE ENDED OF THE ROCK CENA MATCH? B/C DID A HEEL THING!!!!!!!

Yes I did I saw him go for the people's elbow so what Hogan hit the rock bottom at wrestlemania 18, it was just a desperation move also turn off the caps soldier.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Big Hoss Rambler said:
Don't care about those two. :sad:

YES U DO!!!!!!!!!!! KANE BEAT THAT GUY WHO WILL NOT PUT ANYONE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seabs said:
Yes I did I saw him go for the people's elbow so what Hogan hit the rock bottom at wrestlemania 18, it was just a desperation move also turn off the caps soldier.

uh hogan was a heel at the time going into the match! Cena was a FACE going until there match!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hogan was getting the face like pops and portrayed his role as a face, don't you remember him banning the NWO from ringside to see if he could do it on his own or the hulking up?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I have no idea how anyone thought the Rock would lose.

He wins and moves along with life.

Cena still stays in the WWE and lives to fight another day.

The Rock isn't a full time wrestler so this was just fine for him to win in his hometown and leave. Probably a few appearances here and there but having Cena win just makes me think the feud would go on because the Rock wouldn't go down that easily. Cena is the type of guy who will say 'I lost, I can move on'.

I felt sick just now saying nice things about Cena.

On top of that, the city would have fucking rioted if the Rock lost.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Seabs said:
Hogan was getting the face like pops and portrayed his role as a face, don't you remember him banning the NWO from ringside to see if he could do it on his own or the hulking up?

but hogan was still a heel nWo he turn face after WM18 but was a heel going in. But this time Cena is the face and after this WM28 he will use this of him losing to Rock to turn heel!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Rock won, so I'm a happy man. Never thought in a million years they'd let Rock beat their no #1 face of the company. That WHC match was bullshit, though. This is Wrestlemania, give us an actual match, not some bullshit.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
but hogan was still a heel nWo he turn face after WM18 but was a heel going in. But this time Cena is the face and after this WM28 he will use this of him losing to Rock to turn heel!

He was going through the transition of a face turn, he wouldn't perform heelish actions as he was semi face at the beginning of WM 18. If it was heel Hogan he would have had the NWO at ringside or asked for an interference look at Hall with Nash.