WWE Live Event (House Show) General Discussion, Recap and Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I did say that as the arena was advertising that matchup but I guess they have something else in mind for Rusev. The cards are always subject to change

OIC.

Well, I thought that match was pretty much set in stone. I think those two could have a very good match.

Now, while Del Rio CAN deliver a great match, I feel like Bork vs ADR could be a bit meh, since ADR's clearly not happy when he's out there, so I don't know, he's facing Lesnar after all, so I guess we'll see.

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
I'd like to see it done in a way that Del Rio definitely wouldn't win, but he wouldn't look like complete shit either. The match doesn't have to start off this way, as it could be all Lesnar right off the bat, three or four suplexes, Lesnar goes for an F5, Del Rio counters and hits an Enzugiri and from there, let Del Rio get some of those kneeling superkicks to the head he does in on Lesnar, then he can hit his new top rope finisher, 1, 2, kickout, Cross Armbreaker, which Brock then finds a way to the ropes, which I find it odd that he's not done the Cross Armbreaker very much since his return to WWE. Brock can then counter something of ADR and then he does his thing, a few more Suplexes, and then an F5.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I hope they give Lesnar and Del Rio time to go back and fourth, not just a damn squash match. I was so hyped to see Kofi vs Lesnar at the Japan show because it would of been neat to see their styles mix it up but then it was a 2 minute squash. Which I understand its Brock friggin Lesnar, but still.

Also I read the US title is going to be on the line. So I'm sure the match is going to result in a DQ finish, with Rusev and Barret most likely involved.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I hope they give Lesnar and Del Rio time to go back and fourth, not just a damn squash match. I was so hyped to see Kofi vs Lesnar at the Japan show because it would of been neat to see their styles mix it up but then it was a 2 minute squash. Which I understand its Brock friggin Lesnar, but still.

Also I read the US title is going to be on the line. So I'm sure the match is going to result in a DQ finish, with Rusev and Barret most likely involved.

If the match got some time, like 15 minutes, then that'd be awesome.

But I doubt the US title would be on the line, though.

Brock would be like "Meh, I don't want your piddly-ass title, I just wanna wreck you." :21-1:

I mean... I, for one, wouldn't want to see Bork vs ADR in a US title match end in a DQ. Sure, The League of Nations would get their asses handed to 'em shortly after, but still.

WarMachine1

Reaction score
With WWE needing to shake things up quite a bit and even though Lesnar has a funky schedule, I feel there's a genuinely strong possibility of Del Rio actually losing the championship. Given how Lesnar has been booked, it's sort of hard to wrap your head around him taking on Del Rio for the US title and not walking out with it. Since the US title isn't as important as the WWE WHC, obviously, and since we'll be entering the new year, the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania season, etc. there may not be all that much opposition among some fans for Lesnar to win the title, especially if Lesnar drops the title come Extreme Rules (they can have a match at WrestleMania, but Brock shouldn't lose that) to Kevin Owens in a IC/US title unification match and thus gives the guy a huge rub.

I'm sure there are some that feel that Lesnar is above the title. John Cena held it for most of this year and he's the top dog in the company. In addition to that, Cena is amongst the top ten biggest names in WWE history. So if he can win it, why can't Lesnar?

WarMachine1

Reaction score
Rusev interrupted the National Anthem being sung by Lilian Garcia.

Opening match is Rusev and Dolph