WWE Live Event (House Show) General Discussion, Recap and Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
Despite Orton being cleared to return to in-ring action, I believe that WWE officials should have called tomorrow's match off. I just don't see the logic of Orton having to miss a few weeks from head related injuries, then being cleared only to work a house show match with Lesnar, the guy responsible for his head injuries in the first place. I mean Lesnar can still work the show, just take Orton out and replace him with Jericho. Ever since that backstage incident, I've gained an interest in a match between them and a house show seems realistic enough of a place to have one.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, all that makes sense.

And apparently, here's why the rematch (even though it doesn't make sense why Orton would agree to do it) is happening:

As noted, Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton in "The Rematch" has been announced for the September 24th non-televised WWE live event from Chicago.

WWE decided to put Lesnar on the live event instead of the September 25th Clash of Champions pay-per-view from Indianapolis because his contract calls for different pay for live events than for pay-per-view events, which typically feature longer main event quality matches as opposed to quick squash matches.

WWE simply asked Lesnar to work the Chicago event and he agreed. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter adds that Lesnar chose his opponent based on who he felt was the best Superstar on the roster available that night, that he felt would mean the most at the box office.

Source

WarMachine1

Reaction score
I've heard that Randy Orton/Brock Lesnar match at the house show in Chicago tonight is not expected to go very long and WWE may get around to not having anyone do a job by booking a non-finish. Either that or never letting the match get started and just having the two brawl.

WarMachine1

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar is working the show in Mexico City on December 3rd, and his opponent is going to be Sami Zayn.

WarMachine1

Reaction score
Mick Foley confirmed to local media and on various radio platforms in Mexico such as MVS Radio and EXA FM that the Mexico City show on December 3rd will be a WWE Network Special.