WWE Legends of WrestleMania - Released: March 24th, 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

LOW has a bigger roster. Of course not at the beginning but when you import all of the superstars and caws from 09 you will have a roster of over 100. And that's not even counting how many CAL's are allowed.

Edit: I counted 104. I didn't count released superstars,downloadable superstars and divas as they are excluded.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Big roster doesn't mean it'll be good.

It could have every wrestle ever for all I care. I still wouldn't buy it let alone rent it.

Nation

God Dammit! Every CAW counts as a CAL and you are only allowed to have 30. It's still a huge roster but man it would be crazy if you could have 60 created wrestlers.

Nation

The controls are definitely not that bad. I just played the demo. Maybe the controls suck on the 360 version but the PS3 version works good for me. The controls aren't perfect but I picked up most of the shit in no time. With just a little more time I'll have everything down. The controls aren't even in perfect in 09. From the demo I played it was like the same as 08. 07 had the best controls by far. The controls really don't bother me because 09 isn't much better. I still don't know when I'll buy this game but that's because I need to get Call of Duty World At War.

This Guy

well apparently I'm getting this game. My wife is buying it for me on Payday (friday) I can't say I really liked the demo, but the more I tried it the more I got used to it. We will see how it goes.

Kassidy

Reaction score
plus this guy you get a discount, there is no way id spend 60 dollars on this game

The Walls

Reaction score
I played the demo a couple of days ago and couldn't decide what I thought of the game, whilst nothing really jumped out at me - I did enjoy reliving the Austin/Rock WM15 encounter and I thought the video package before it was really well done. I don't think the demo has made me want to buy the game, but it has made me want to try more - so I'm probably going to rent it over the weekend; and then make a final decision on it from there.

Kizza

Well I picked up the game today and played the Legend Killer tier one and some of Wrestlemania Tour. It's a great idea for a game, but the controls. Ugh. The triggers/bumpers for the 360 aren't used at all. It reminds me so much of the RAW games for Xbox. Some of the choices are horrible, like B for pin, which you also double tap to go up for a diving move or the pic up a weapon. The reversals are annoying, cos you need to press Y and Away at the same time, maying it harder then pressing like RT or something logical like that.

The roster is really cool, I never got a chance to see these guys and all that, but you've heard of them. They all have unique entrances, changing on the events. At WM 1, everyone comes down in that mini ring, but at WM6, they all come down under their own free will. The moveset is another huge problem. It's just so, bleh. The moves are limited, and you end up having kicks and punches doing move damage then scoop slams and neckbreakers. You can end most matches in under 2 minutes in Legend Killer mode, and the whole tier of 10 wrestlers in under 30 minutes (did it in 27 imo).

The Wrestlemania Tour is the highlight of the game. Not only do you play like Hogan vs Andre, Hogan vs Warrior and that, you need to get objectives, so do certain things in the match. Alot of these are a pain though with the rotating camera on the outside (smashing headfirst into steps comes directly to mind) and yeah, you can't run on the outside either, another big pain. You also get to re-write history, so what happened if Bret Hart beat Shawn Michaels to stop the boyhood dream, all that kinda stuff. Then, you get to do the matches in a totally different environment. Like Big John Studd vs Andre The Giant in Hell In A Cell (HIAC is awesomely cool here), and you can play as either wrestler.

But, the game in all honesty is fun. You get guys you probably wouldn't expect in other legends games (John Studd, Yokozuna, Duggan) and you get fully interactive managers, which is pretty cool having Fuji throw salt in the eyes.

Pros:
-Graphics
-Roster
-Wrestlemania Tour
-SVR09 interaction

Cons:
-CONTROLS
-Limited Moves
-Repetitiveness
-Frustratingly quick and easy, even on Legendary.

So yeah, this game has some pros and cons, but really it's up to your choice. Playing Cena vs Hogan was actually pretty fun, but having to do like 8 different things in Hogan/Warrior just to get a legdrop is a pain.

ANOTHER THING.

You need to do chains of moves for SO MANY THINGS~! Even finishers. Hogan's for example:

You need to press a button after about 3 punches.
You need to press the correct button after he's been slung into the ropes and going for the kick.
You need a chain to whip a guy off the ropes.
You need a chain for some basic submission moves.
You sometimes get chains at the beginning of matches.

Oh, and you get the Fink. Which is pretty awesome. And seeing modern superstars come in the Mini-Ring thingo is pretty cool too.