WWE Increases PPV Cost

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

I usually treat my friends for the Important PPVs (Rumble, Survior Series, Summerslam, and of Course WM) by paying for it and cooking. My friends bring booze and its a party. Now their gonna have to pitch in

Airfixx

...Isn't this like a $5 increase on standard PPVs? ...Why the drama? ...You guys have heard of inflation and such, right?

In fact, back-peddling somewhat, wasn't WM25 $64.99 anyway? I defo remember upoar about the pricing here on IWF...

MizMasta3000

...Isn't this like a $5 increase on standard PPVs? ...Why the drama? ...You guys have heard of inflation and such, right?

In fact, back-peddling somewhat, wasn't WM25 $64.99 anyway? I defo remember upoar about the pricing here on IWF...

i watch my ppvs in hd so its a 15 dollar increase for me. I guess I can cut that , plus 5 bucks isnt that bad when u think about

Kizza

If you scroll up and read my post, you will see that I explained why this will more than likely turn out to be a good move by the WWE.

Yes, because your opinion is definitely correct. Apologies to anyone with a differing opinion.

Airfixx

Haven't the HD PPVs always been $10 more expensive than standard ?

If so, the HD cost isn't subject to a £10 increase.... It's Stanard price + $10, effectively meaning the cost of those will also rise by $5.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
@The Next Big Thing: I understand your point. I get it Doing this wont increase ppv buyrates, but MAY keep them at their same profit. But you have to look at both sides of it. This isn't a one sided coin. You have to think about the customers.

They are only fixing the problem to benifit them and only them. What about us? PPV buy rates aren't the only problem. Did they stop to think why the buy rates are on a steady decrease? Stale ppv's maybe? high priced maybe?

When you have something not selling, you don't increase the price, you bring it down. If you do insist on increasing the price, then make what you're selling better. Cater to your customers. Make them want to buy it. Add a little something for them. Let's say a car company is losing money. So they increase the cost of their cars. BUT in turn, they add free oil change the next one that you need. Or that you get half off on your next tune-up. This caters to both your buisiness and your customers. It shows you're thinking about them in giving them something while increasing your profit. It makes them happy, bringing them back for more. Telling their friends, pulling in more buisness.

i watch my ppvs in hd so its a 15 dollar increase for me. I guess I can cut that , plus 5 bucks isnt that bad when u think about

Yes, $5 isn't that bad, but it depends on what you add the $5 too. If they had computers for $300. They sell a lot of those so they increase the price by $5. That's not bad. What if you went to McDonalds one day (or a fast food place you like) and they increased everything by $5? That includes the $1 menu. How would you feel then? Is that still just $5?

Airfixx

LOL... I think what you're trying to say is the impact of the price increase is relative to the base price.... Yes, it is.

39.99 > 44.99 = a 13% price increase, which contrary to my previous comments, is quite a hike.

I hear what you're saying about other ways for the customer to benefit... I've been saying for ages WWE should do bulk order discounts for PPVs...

e.g. Sign up for the entire year in advance and get the last 2 of the year free.

LKP

e.g. Sign up for the entire year in advance and get the last 2 of the year free.
"USA or UK" what?
Sorry i miss read, i thought you said you can save money if you pay for year. We cant do that here in UK sorry my bad.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
They can charge $100 bucks a PPV and the core group of idiots (the same ones paying for the crap they're getting now, because let's face it they're certainly not drawing new people in) will still order it.

I'd be pissed if I actually ordered PPVs but I stopped giving Vince McMahon my money a while ago.

noumenon

Yeah, I think I remember Mania being like 60 bucks last year. 60 dollars for a punch/pedigree finish...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
WrestleMania is the only PPV I ever waver on. I usually have a very strong desire to order it on the day of but I just remind myself that it'll be online the next day so I force myself to have patience.

Other than that I have no desire at all to order them and I think many older wrestling fans feel the same way which is why they've upped the price. Kids are always going to be able to convince their parents to buy it no matter how much it is.

I liken it to the time I spent working in a comic book shop. Kids would come in with their parents and convince them to throw down mad cash on a single Magic/Pokemom/Digimon/whatever card and I would just be sitting there shaking my head.

MizMasta3000

I order WM because the streams are EXTREMELY slow with so much traffic and its not worth heraring HBK v Taker with The diva match still displayed on the stream