WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

When undertaker called Shawn michaels better than Hunter and then he removed his jacket and tie the fans marked

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

^ Precisely.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Fun little note for the day:

-- Today marks the ten year anniversary of "WWE." On May 5, 2002, Vince McMahon's sports entertainment organization launched a "Get The F Out" marketing campaign and changed all references on its website from "WWF" to "WWE," while switching the URL from WWF.com to WWE.com. The next day, a press release was issued announcing the official name change from World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc. to World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., or WWE, and the change was publicized later that evening during Raw.

The name change stemmed from an abbreviation dispute with the World Wide Fund for Nature. In 2000, the environmental organization sued the World Wrestling Federation for unfair trade practices, claiming the wrestling company had violated a 1994 agreement regarding international use of the WWF initials. On August 10, 2001, an English court ruled in favor of the World Wide Fund for Nature.

EWN

Happy 10th Birthday, WWE!

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Nice to see the ol' CM Punk we know and love is still around.

UPDATE: CM Punk took to Twitter to apologize for telling a fan to kill themselves after they posted a homophobic message. Punk posted:

I was pretty worked up today. The amendment 1 situation had me all wound up. I stand by my thoughts on gay marriage 100%. How I defended...

That stance was 100% wrong. I admit it. You can't stoop to others levels. Sometimes I fight fire with fire and it isn't ways the best way.

To @ezeekay: I apologize. I don't want you to kill yourself. I want you to better yourself. Just as I want to better myself.

I'll start by being the better man and once again, apologize for my harsh reaction to your opinion of homosexuals making you "sick" @ezeekay

Sorry y'all. If I let anybody down, I apologize. I'll make it up to ya and move forward with a better understanding of others feelings.#pma.

ORIGINAL: British news outlet The Mirror has published an article on WWE Champion CM Punk’s “chilling response” to a British fan who disagreed with his views on gay marriage on Monday.

Expressing his disapproval with Amendment 1 Monday morning on Twitter, Punk wrote a message in support of gay marriage being legalized in the state of North Carolina. A Twitter user hailing from Walsall disagreed, writing to the WWE Superstar, “Man was meant for woman, and even the thought of homo’s make me sick.”

Punk posted the message and then wrote “Kill yourself. He also advised another fan who disagreed with him to “drink bleach.”

The newspaper also acknowledged WWE’s affiliation with The Creative Coalition to promote the anti-bullying campaign ‘be a STAR,’ which Punk has represented.

Responding to a user that told Punk to ‘be a STAR’ after telling the British fan to kill himself, he wrote, “hey moron, don’t try to hide behind the be a star campaign. I am a star. I’m fighting bigots here. Zero tolerance.”

The Mirror says his beliefs contrast a homophobic slur he hurled at a fan last July at a WWE live event in Adelaide, Australia. Enclosed in the article is footage of Punk engaging in a verbal altercation with a fan and telling him that he has a “homo” haircut

EWN

TBH, I would've told that fucker to kill himself too.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

TBH, I would've told that fucker to kill himself too.

Same here, fuck that guy. One less homophobic moron would make the world a lot better.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Same here, fuck that guy. One less homophobic moron would make the world a lot better.

Yeah really. Some people are such fuckfaces

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Holy shit, Damien Sandow was Aaron "The Idol" Stevens!

Mind=blown

Postman Dave

Reaction score

understandable :lol:

He spent ages in OVW with a Lothario type gimmick before having a very short stint on Smackdown in 2006 as one half of a tag team with KC James managed by Michelle McCool. He got released when WWE had nothing for him but he obviously got rehired some time ago without me ever knowing.

Basically, for a newcomer, he's actually spent roughly a decade in and around developmental.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

understandable :lol:

He spent ages in OVW with a Lothario type gimmick before having a very short stint on Smackdown in 2006 as one half of a tag team with KC James managed by Michelle McCool. He got released when WWE had nothing for him but he obviously got rehired some time ago without me ever knowing.

Basically, for a newcomer, he's actually spent roughly a decade in and around developmental.

Oh cool :lol:

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

Yeah I found out a couple weeks ago and could not believe it. That guy (along with Johnny Jeter) was the man in OVW for a while before that failed stint with KC James. However that team did show the first heel Michelle McCool and actually gave her a character.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I found out about it on bleacherreport.com

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

John Cena has filed for divorce from his high school sweetheart and wife of three years, Liz Huberdeau, reports The Miami Herald and TMZ.com. The WWE Superstar claims their marriage is “irretrevably broken.”

The couple signed a prenuptial agreement that allows Cena, who possesses assets worth $18 million, the ability to take back all gifts and presents. Huberdeau has already hired powerful Miami attorney Raymond Rafool, who is best known for facing Hulk Hogan in his ugly divorce battle against ex-wife Linda. Rafool allegedly took 70% of the legendary grappler’s assets and Huberdeau reportedly wants a similar take. A source close to the situation told The Miami Herald that this divorce would “dwarf the Hogan divorce in nastiness.”

Rafool released a statement, claiming, “Although it is indeed unfortunate that John Cena decided to divorce his high school sweetheart Liz Cena; particularly, after they have come so far in their lives and in his career together, Liz will and really has no choice but to pursue all of her rights and entitlements.

“Sadly, divorce is not the way Liz thought her perfect love story would end.”

Huberdeau’s attorney adds that Cena “blindsided her” with the divorce filing. They had been having issues as the WWE Superstar approached her recently with a pre-divorce financial settlement agreement that she refused to sign due to her belief the relationship would work out.
I guess he realized being a star like him you cannot be in love. Look at Tiger Woods and Dwayne Johnson.