WWE Forums Fantasy Football League: Season 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Drafted my two money league teams last night, feedback welcome. A note, both leagues are Point Per Receptions with 10 teams

$100 buy in big time big boy league:

QB: Luck (8) Vick (9)
RB: D. Martin (1) Giovanni Bernard (5) Ahmad Bradshaw (6) Shane Vereen (7) Andre Brown (10)
WR: AJ Green (2) Julio Jones (3) Randall Cobb (4) Kenbrell Thomkins (11) GOlden Tate (13)
TE: Greg Olsen (12) Tyler Eifert (14)
K/D: I have one of each taken in the last two rounds

My thoughts: I came into the night saying RUNNING BACK RUNNING BACK RUNNING BACK IN NEED RUNNING BACKS.

I had the 3rd overall pick and Doug Martin was a no brainer. He could easily wind up the top fantasy back.

then my second round pick came. I had no qualms about taking an elite WR off the board, and AJ Green was #2 on my list. When Julio was still available for me in the third it became another no brainer.

4th round pick was tough because no way did I want anything BUT a RB, but I decided to pull the trigger on Cobb to play in my flex. I thought I could snag David Wilson on the way back up, but the guy @ #1 took him so I was 'stuck' with the Bernard/Bradshaw/Vereen combo, but honestly I expect between the three of them I will be fine at RB2, especially considering my receivers. If my 3 WRs produce as expected, my team is nasty.

$30 buy in league

QB: Aaron Rodgers (3)
RB: Arian Foster (1) Forte (2) G. Bernard (7) Ben Tate (10) Bernard Pierce (12)
WR: Vincent Jackson (4) Wes Welker (5) Jordy Nelson (6) DeSean Jackson (8) Stevie Johnson (9) Golden Tate (11)
TE: Cook (13)
K
D

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hey Dolph's, in your big boy league with a good QB why'd you spend such a high pick on Vick?
Otherwise that one looks fantastic, man. Your RB2 tandem will do fine.

Here's my first free league, just doing 1 pay draft right after ours. Gotta rebound from last years' debacle.
Call it the "Dammit, dude in front of me, stop taking my guy!" league. 4th pick, lolstandardscoring

QB: Luck (9)
RB: Charles (1), Forte (2), Bradshaw (6), Richardson (8), Woodhead (13), Reese (14)
WR: Colston (4), Amendola (5), Shorts (7), Gordon (10), Michael Floyd (11, and immediately regretted it), Broyles (12),
TE: Graham (3)
K/D

Not very comfortable with that one.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hey Dolph's, in your big boy league with a good QB why'd you spend such a high pick on Vick?
Otherwise that one looks fantastic, man. Your RB2 tandem will do fine.

Here's my first free league, just doing 1 pay draft right after ours. Gotta rebound from last years' debacle.
Call it the "Dammit, dude in front of me, stop taking my guy!" league. 4th pick, lolstandardscoring

QB: Luck (9)
RB: Charles (1), Forte (2), Bradshaw (6), Richardson (8), Woodhead (13), Reese (14)
WR: Colston (4), Amendola (5), Shorts (7), Gordon (10), Michael Floyd (11, and immediately regretted it), Broyles (12),
TE: Graham (3)
K/D

Not very comfortable with that one.

Good question and I'd be glad to answer it. While I love Luck irl, I'm a bit concerned with his fantasy prospects this year. As you may or may not know, Arians, the Colts OC from last year (pass happiest motherfucker around) is the Cards HC now. They brought in Luck's OC from Stanford, which is great for IRL Luck, but bad for fantasy Luck. This offense will be more based no the run game and play action instead of Arian's THROW DEEP THROW DEEP THROW DEEP scheme. So while I ranked Luck 10th on my QB list and felt I got decent value for him, I wasn't sold on him as my QB.

I was more comfortable with a platoon system.

And as for Vick, I have him as my 11th ranked QB. Ahead of RGIII or Wilson or Eli. The one thing that worries you about Vick is injuries. It is boom or bust. Thus, Luck. I feel with the two of them I have high potential, but also some safety with Luck. Vick could go ape and wind up being a top 5 QB and it wouldn't surprise me. He looks great in preseason, Shady is healthy and DeSean looks great. Chip Kelly wants them to play at a high pace and they will have as many offensive snaps as anyone. Also, there D is terrible so expect shoot outs.

Ultimately I think Vick will have a season similar to 2010, but not as prolific. He will be a factor running the ball as well.

Vick would not have made it back to me had I not taken him where I did. This was confirmed by multiple owners who said as much when I took him. I would have been stuck with someone like Eli or Cutler as my backup, and they don't present nearly the upside that Vick does. The other reason I liked the pick is because it was between Vick and Andre Brown for me in R9, and when I took Vick I wound up with Andre Brown in the 10th, so it was the right call.

As it stands now I can easily play the match ups early in the season (for instance Luck plays vs Oakland week 1, that's an easy call) and hope for one to emerge as my full time starter.

Your draft looks solid, but not spectacular. Graham in the 3rd is solid value, but you wind up with someone like Colston as your #1. Amendola I like, but non PPR his value takes a hit. Dank RBs, love Forte this year and I'm high on Bradshaw as well. WOodhead and Reece were steals, but again, more value in PPR.

I'm really high on Michael floyd. he went undrafted in my league, but I wound up with a lunch bet that he would outscore fellow Cards WR Andre roberts in fantasy points this next season.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Good question and I'd be glad to answer it. While I love Luck irl, I'm a bit concerned with his fantasy prospects this year. As you may or may not know, Arians, the Colts OC from last year (pass happiest motherfucker around) is the Cards HC now. They brought in Luck's OC from Stanford, which is great for IRL Luck, but bad for fantasy Luck. This offense will be more based no the run game and play action instead of Arian's THROW DEEP THROW DEEP THROW DEEP scheme. So while I ranked Luck 10th on my QB list and felt I got decent value for him, I wasn't sold on him as my QB.

I was more comfortable with a platoon system.

And as for Vick, I have him as my 11th ranked QB. Ahead of RGIII or Wilson or Eli. The one thing that worries you about Vick is injuries. It is boom or bust. Thus, Luck. I feel with the two of them I have high potential, but also some safety with Luck. Vick could go ape and wind up being a top 5 QB and it wouldn't surprise me. He looks great in preseason, Shady is healthy and DeSean looks great. Chip Kelly wants them to play at a high pace and they will have as many offensive snaps as anyone. Also, there D is terrible so expect shoot outs.

Ultimately I think Vick will have a season similar to 2010, but not as prolific. He will be a factor running the ball as well.

Vick would not have made it back to me had I not taken him where I did. This was confirmed by multiple owners who said as much when I took him. I would have been stuck with someone like Eli or Cutler as my backup, and they don't present nearly the upside that Vick does. The other reason I liked the pick is because it was between Vick and Andre Brown for me in R9, and when I took Vick I wound up with Andre Brown in the 10th, so it was the right call.

As it stands now I can easily play the match ups early in the season (for instance Luck plays vs Oakland week 1, that's an easy call) and hope for one to emerge as my full time starter.

Your draft looks solid, but not spectacular. Graham in the 3rd is solid value, but you wind up with someone like Colston as your #1. Amendola I like, but non PPR his value takes a hit. Dank RBs, love Forte this year and I'm high on Bradshaw as well. WOodhead and Reece were steals, but again, more value in PPR.

I'm really high on Michael floyd. he went undrafted in my league, but I wound up with a lunch bet that he would outscore fellow Cards WR Andre roberts in fantasy points this next season.

Am not a Vick fan, but that's just not being a very good NFL QB. In fantasy he's the backup you want because of the upside you mentioned, but feel a lot more uneasy with him being older and not picking up the rushing yards + the injury concerns. There's virtually no upside with guys like Eli. Luck should be a little worse than last year, but it's not like they're going to stop throwing deep. He + Hilton + DHB are just too good at it, plus they have to respect the run + Luck'll get his rushing yards. Feel pretty comfortable with him. Palmer's looking awfully nice on the wire, though...

Vick's going that high??? Damn, you were in a smart league. As for your draft: That platoon of RB's you have is really solid, especially Bernard. That guy's too talented to keep off the field. Brilliant flier with Tate, too, but you're never gonna bench those 3 beastly WR's you have.

Yeah, figured that would be an issue taking Graham there, but the difference between him and the other TE's was big enough to offset the mediocre WR's. Only thing that irritated me there was 3 picks before V-Jax, Fitz, Andre, Cobb, and Colston were the top wr's on the board, was begging someone to take Andre but nobody did. Butthurt.

Like Floyd a lot, he's great and you'll definitely win that lunch bet, but can't see a reason to start the guy barring a catastrophe. Thanks for the help.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Am not a Vick fan, but that's just not being a very good NFL QB. In fantasy he's the backup you want because of the upside you mentioned, but feel a lot more uneasy with him being older and not picking up the rushing yards + the injury concerns. There's virtually no upside with guys like Eli. Luck should be a little worse than last year, but it's not like they're going to stop throwing deep. He + Hilton + DHB are just too good at it, plus they have to respect the run + Luck'll get his rushing yards. Feel pretty comfortable with him. Palmer's looking awfully nice on the wire, though...

Vick's going that high??? Damn, you were in a smart league. As for your draft: That platoon of RB's you have is really solid, especially Bernard. That guy's too talented to keep off the field. Brilliant flier with Tate, too, but you're never gonna bench those 3 beastly WR's you have.

Yeah, figured that would be an issue taking Graham there, but the difference between him and the other TE's was big enough to offset the mediocre WR's. Only thing that irritated me there was 3 picks before V-Jax, Fitz, Andre, Cobb, and Colston were the top wr's on the board, was begging someone to take Andre but nobody did. Butthurt.

Like Floyd a lot, he's great and you'll definitely win that lunch bet, but can't see a reason to start the guy barring a catastrophe. Thanks for the help.

QBs just depends on the draft. In the $30 league guys like Stafford went super late. Like Round 10. Vick went 11 or 12. But I had Rodgers so I wasn't able to capitalize on that value.

As for your quip on Vick's rushing:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick
Also had 50 yards rushing in the 3rd preseason game. I think 600+ yards is in play, assuming he starts at least 13 or 14 games.

+

" Behind an extremely talented offensive line that is finally healthy and an offense that actually fits his skills, Vick has a sky-high ceiling. He'll also be in plenty of shootouts thanks to an Eagles defense that does not appear improved. Vick's ADP is rightfully skyrocketing right now."

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
good god, my weekend is nothing but drafts....I have one at 230 Saturday afternoon, one at 9pm Sunday and this one. It better be fucking raining all weekend.

This draft is also at 9 EST I believe, hope there isn't too much conflict and you can make both drafts somehow

Nick

Reaction score
So when is the exact date?

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So thats like 3am UK time then, looks like another late night for me then