WWE Extreme Rules 2019 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It would just be so stupid if he didn't go after Seth after all the hell Seth has caused him

I know, I just meant I saw so many people saying that.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

It’s a mini Mount Rushmore reunion

Last edited:

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Yikes.

Rollins has given us some great moments in his championship run. If people want to be blind to it, that's their prerogative. People cheered when he beat Brock. People cheered when he beat AJ. People cheered when he beat Corbin, and people sure as fuck cheered after the three curb stomps. Even weekly people were still cheering him.

But sure, Seth Rollins wasn't that great a champion. Get over yourselves. I love Brock, but this is just a continuation of their story. Seth is going to get the belt back whether you like it or not.

Yeah, some people cheered when he beat Brock. A lot more people also started turning off the TV too. Yeah, some people cheered when he beat AJ. Then again, people cheered when Sheik beat Backland, Slaughter beat Warrior, etc. Let's not forget AJ is one of the best wrestlers on the planet and can get a good match out of anyone. Some people cheered when he beat Corbin, then again are they not supposed to cheer the face when he defeats the heel? Yeah, people cheered the curb stomps, but even more people cheered that End of Days of Rating Killer Becky. Even more people cheered when Brock's music hit. Even more people cheered when the refs hand struck the mat for the third time.

Of course Rollins will get the belt back at some point in his career. After all, he is one of Paul's homeboys. So why wouldn't he get the title back? Especially since they have so much in common. Neither drew a dime and always worked with the guy that drew the money. Even your boy Cornette said that about Grave Digger Hunter

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah, some people cheered when he beat Brock. A lot more people also started turning off the TV too. Yeah, some people cheered when he beat AJ. Then again, people cheered when Sheik beat Backland, Slaughter beat Warrior, etc. Let's not forget AJ is one of the best wrestlers on the planet and can get a good match out of anyone. Some people cheered when he beat Corbin, then again are they not supposed to cheer the face when he defeats the heel? Yeah, people cheered the curb stomps, but even more people cheered that End of Days of Rating Killer Becky. Even more people cheered when Brock's music hit. Even more people cheered when the refs hand struck the mat for the third time.

Of course Rollins will get the belt back at some point in his career. After all, he is one of Paul's homeboys. So why wouldn't he get the title back? Especially since they have so much in common. Neither drew a dime and always worked with the guy that drew the money. Even your boy Cornette said that about Grave Digger Hunter
I wouldn't quote Cornette on anything that isn't before 1999.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I wouldn't quote Cornette on anything that isn't before 1999.

Trust me G, I don't usually. I was just using him because I fit this scenario.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just some thoughts as I watch this:

• Nakamura winning seems very out of the blue, but I don't really mind it. Would have preferred it to have been Andrade tho.
  • Cruiserweight title match looked a little meh, but I was kinda doing shit during it so I wasn't paying full attention, glad Gulak retained.
  • I made an entire omelette during 'Taker's entrance, not really feeling his old man ring gear, but at least it covers his weird looking old man chest. Tags during a No Holds Barred match :lmao This match was a lot of fun, highlights were 'Taker/Drew exchanging early and then late in the match when it all broke down. Taker looked way better here than the Goldberg match but it would have been hard not to.
  • Revival/Usos was as good as expected, kinda wanted them to blow me away this time but it was still good so it's fine. Thought Usos were for sure winning here, glad The Revival's run continues.
  • Black/Cesaro was a ton of fun, didn't feel like a PPV match at all tho with the time it got, kinda surprised that wasn't pre-show instead of the IC Title match
  • Bayley/Nikki & Alexa was fine too, about what I expected but didn't really do much to progress the Alexa/Nikki story like I thought it would, guess that'll come on TV this week
  • Lashley/Braun was awesome, a little too much "spot then wait til the ref counts to 6 before doing anything else" for my liking and the ending was pretty gimmicky, but that's what a lot of Last Man Standing matches are nowadays, so those aren't big complaints as I was super entertained throughout it.
  • Tag match was fun, highlight was Bryan's "Oh that's right, no DQs" :mark: Still want a tag team to steal that New Age Outlaw spot where they both get tagged in and pin each other to win the titles one of these days though :side:
  • Ricochet/Styles was awesome as expected, kinda the story of the night though with everything just being as expected but nothing blowing me away...nothing has been worse than expected either though which is always good. Kinda surprised AJ won, but not really bc it makes perfect sense booking wise...I just thought Ricochet might have a longer reign.
  • That KO/Ziggler match :lmao That KO promo after was fire tho
  • Kofi/Joe was pretty good, short tho so def feels like it was the filler match I thought it'd be before SummerSlam
  • Didn't rewatch the Mixed Tag match since I watched it live, highlight was def Becky receiving end of days tho

Reactions: Cwalker and Deezy

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler