WWE Extreme Rules 2009 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

extremerules.jpg

God, I hope this poster's a fake. Anyways, discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules. No, I will not include Kelly vs Maryse (UGH!) in the confirmed card, since it hasn't been announced that the match will take place on the PPV/

Confirmed Card:

WWE Title Match:Randy Orton (c) vs Batista (Steel Cage Match)
World Heavyweight Championship Match:Edge (c) vs Jeff Hardy (Ladder Match)
ECW Championship Match:Christian vs Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger (Hardcore Rules)
Vickie Guerrero vs Santina Marella (Hog Pen Match)
Big Show vs John Cena (Submission Match)​
CM Punk vs Umaga (Samoan Strap Match)
US Championship Match:Kofi Kingston (c) vs William Regal vs Matt Hardy vs MVP
Intercontinental Championship Match:Rey Mysterio (c) vs Chris Jericho (No Holds Barred)​

newmie

Reaction score
Prepare to be dazzled by John Cena's new submission moooov.

OMG CANT WAIT!!!!! SOMETHING EVEN DEADLIER THAN THE STF!!! IT CAN'T BE!!!!! MAYBE IT WILL BE THE ALLL MIGHTY REVERSE CHINLOCK!!!!

But seriously, I wouldn't be suprised if Cena did use a new submission move. And I'd bank that it would be the Ankle Lock or The Crossface... and to tell you the truth I wouldn't be against it no matter how much I hate Cena... he needs a few more moves in his arsenal.

The STF is a useless move (his version anyway), but I remember when he first used it in the triple threat submission match between him, Angle and Masters, it was pretty cool, but as Cena does, it got stale.

seX-Power

Steel Cage match is meh, but it frees up better gimmick matches for the better contests. A submission match should be boring but could be interesting regarding the result, considering Show just re-debuted that Cobra Clutch move, now he just needs to bring back the CC Backbreaker.

I also predict the following.

Jericho vs Mysterio- Falls Count Anywhere
Edge vs Hardy- Ladder/TLC
Swagger vs Christian vs Dreamer- Extreme Rules

Also, maybe Umaga/Punk or Hardy/MVP in some other match types.

Airfixx

^^^Pretty much what I predict + a Punk/Umaga a street fight.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, didn't that ONS add they aired during JD practically gave away they were doing TLC again?

Airfixx

It mentioned tables, ladders and chairs, but nothing specifically alluding to them all being in same match.

Edit: BTW, where do all the old PPV threads go once the event happens?

Soulpower

^^^The PPV threads become a normal thread in the WWE section.

By the way, WWE is making a big deal about Cena not being able to lock in the STF against Show, but didn't they do the same thing when Cena face Khali a couple of years back? By the way, Cena beat Khali by... wait for it... submission.

PeepShow

Are you suggesting that they make sense with their storylines? Pffff

This discussion needs more Morrison and Christian imo.

straight_edge76

Cena will probobly win the match with some shitty move like a Boston-Crab Cena-fied making it the deadlest submission move in history!

xtremebadass

I can't believe this card will be a recycled Judgment Day with stipulations. That is pretty weak. Not only have we seen these matches for years, but they were just on the last PPV. I pray that it's Edge vs. Hardy TLC, that will be godly.

This is how I think it will go...

WWE Championship - Steel Cage Match
Randy Orton* vs. Batista

Submission Match
John Cena vs. Big Show (Be prepared for the John Cena Ankle Lock)

World Heavyweight Championship - Ladder Match
Edge* vs. Jeff Hardy

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Stretcher Match
Rey Mysterio* vs. Chris Jericho

ECW Championship - Extreme Rules
Christian* vs. Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer

Everything else is meh...

Soulpower

Seeing the awesomeness of JD, I don't see how a repeat with gimmicks would be bad.

Lol, wut?