WWE Extending Luke Harpers Contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Well in Luke Harpers case he cant even do that, they arent useing him, and they are making Sasha Banks take time off and not useing her, they can try to let their contracts run out, but WWE can just extend it, there really isnt anything they can do, they are kinda screwed, atleast thats what it seems like.

Im pretty sure the only reason they let Dean Ambroses contract expire is because they were able to do a bit of milking before letting him go (Or in other words, milking as much shield goodness as they can until his contract is done lol)
That was my point though. The original complaining and asking for release. If they never did that they would be used in whatever way WWE saw fit, and their contracts would expire.

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
That was my point though. The original complaining and asking for release. If they never did that they would be used in whatever way WWE saw fit, and their contracts would expire.
For Sasha Banks definately, though for Luke Harper im not sure, they werent using him at all and the writers didnt even know he was cleared to wrestle. So he was basicly gonna be in this situation either way, only now its worse.

Perhaps they didnt know WWE would do this, often times we dont think about all the possibilitys, we do something not knowing just how bad the consequences could, or would be. And by the time we realise what we should and shouldnt have done, its already too late.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Im sure Luke Harper will get an IC title run for a few weeks now because he wants to quit

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Don't sign the contract in the first place you numpty.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Goldust didn't speak out and did it behind closed doors. VInce is a bit of a funny bugger but if you stand up to him in private apparently he respects that.

I have no issue in regards to no releasing them, they are well paid and the old contract is a contract. The problem for me is "independent contractors" which is a load of ass and it hasn't been that way since the 80's.

The contracts would be fair IMHO if they were employees, but they're not. By comparison apparently the NFL spends 40-50% of their income on their players, WWE is closer to 10% IIRC.

And since you're an independent contractor you have to pay your own travel costs, accommodation, health care etc out of that money so low 6 figures doesn't look that good when you're on the road 300 days of the year. You probably wouldn't get much change from $200 000 a year, top talent get more some get less than 6 figures though. Take out tax and $100-$200 a day and 6 figures doesn't look that good.

Here those contracts would be illegal (independent contractors are things like tradesmen), health care is free (ok technically your taxes), and the company would generally pay for out of town/travel expenses including accommodation (or the wages/salary would be high to compensate). I figure you would have to pay your own taxes as well and perhaps pay for an accountant as well since you're an "independent contractor".

Would not cry to had if AEW reams them or if FOX has a get out clause if ratings keep sucking. They're paying game of thrones level money for something with a fraction of the viewers and income GoT brings in. NXT is great, I think I enjoyed the old pre AE 90's WWE better than RAW atm let alone WCW when it was good.

Kasumi

Reaction score
They should all shut the hell up about not being used well.
They wanted to be in the big time, they got there, more time there the better when it comes to where you are going after.
If you want to complain, fine. Complain about not having medical insurance when you leave and not having a medical pension after you leave.
Sasha, shut up!
You were women’s champion. Duh!
Harper, shut up.
You were Intercontinental Champion.
Ugh