WWE DVD Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be the perfect title for his DVD. I hope that there is some WWE ECW stuff on that DVD because he started so strongly and had some great matches on that show, it will be a pity if that is ignored for his Smackdown and RAW work. All of it is good but I want to see an even distribution of it, hopefully a matchlist is released in the next month or two.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
25gxnkp.jpg

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
CM Punk @CMPunk
Watching an early copy of my DVD. I'm pretty speechless. Very humbling...

26 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Good to know.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Am I the only one who gets a little teary-eyed at the end of the new Stone Cold DVD watching the George Strait music video? Damn it's moving. I grew up during Stone Cold's rise in the Attitude Era and it brings back so many childhood memories plus it sums up the career of my personal favorite wrestler and IMO the greatest of all time.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Am I the only one who gets a little teary-eyed at the end of the new Stone Cold DVD watching the George Strait music video? Damn it's moving. I grew up during Stone Cold's rise in the Attitude Era and it brings back so many childhood memories plus it sums up the career of my personal favorite wrestler and IMO the greatest of all time.

I seen the dvd ages ago so don't remember much from it but yeah, I didn't get a bit teary eyed from it but that video at the end was awesome. I'm a big SCSA mark.

WWE shipped 175,000 WrestleMania 28 DVD units from May 12th through May 31st, putting it at the top of all WWE DVD’s since October 2011. WWE has shipped 147,000 units of The Rock’s recent “Epic Journey” DVD, 147,000 units of Steve Austin’s “Most Popular Superstar” DVD, 116,000 units of Randy Orton’s “Evolution of a Predator” DVD and 94,000 units of the Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart DVD.

WM28 sales are impressive for only 19 days.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very impressive numbers for WM28 as you would expect, it is normally the highest seller and the fact that this year's WM was of a high quality means that more will want it for their collection. I like the fact that Stone Cold and Rock area head to head with DVDs shipped, Stone Cold's did come out earlier but then The Rock did appear to promote it, good competition.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
After receiving our copy of “Undertaker: The Streak†earlier this week we can reveal some exclusive pictures and details about the set.

Firstly as a number of readers suggested when the cover art was revealed the DVD set does have a slip cover which unveils a picture of The Undertaker on the inside packaging; as you can see in the pictures below.

Additionally we can also confirm, despite the news that SilverVision’s release will be a standard 3 disc set – the US release is indeed a four disc set, as previously announced – view the full content here. The discs are made up like this:

• Disc 1 – Documentary
  • Disc 2 – WrestleMania VII to X-Seven matches
  • Disc 3 – WrestleMania X8 to XXIV matches
  • Disc 4 – WrestleMania XXV to XXVIII

We can also confirm that the documentary on Disc 1 has a run time of approximately 40 minutes and is done mostly in ‘kayfabe’ with interviews from Superstars and footage from the matches (including film footage from WrestleMania X8 onwards). So given the length of the documentary its clear why SilverVision has opted to go for a standard 3 disc set.

Another thing of note from the documentary is; as speculated there is no interview footage with Undertaker regarding the matches and the Streak.

After watching a selection of the matches it appears the ‘Attitude era’ WrestleMania’s haven’t been “re-blurred†from their anthology releases in 2005. Also as expected “Rollin’†is not used as The Undertaker’s entrance theme for WrestleMania X-Seven plus the live performance has been edited from the WrestleMania XIX match.

taker1p.jpg

taker2x.jpg

taker3.jpg

The DVD doesn't sound too good. lol.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
A documentary sounds good. Too bad the streak didn't mean anything till later on in his career but still it has some good matches if you don't have the WM dvd's

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Cover art for WWE Once in a Lifetime – The Rock vs. John Cena DVD has been released on Amazon.ca.

The 3 Disc DVD and 2 Disc Blu-Ray will hit stores on September 11th in the United States. “Once In A Lifetime” will chronicle the year-long feud between The Rock and John Cena which culminated in the epic ‘once in a lifetime’ encounter at WrestleMania XXVIII.

rockcenadvd.jpg

In the week leading up to WrestleMania XXVIII, a one-hour documentary aired on NBC Universal in America called ‘Once In A Lifetime: The Rock vs. John Cena’. This DVD collection is an expanded version of that documentary – giving the full one-year story of the build up to this epic match – from the very first promo. It also gives an insight into the preparation of body and mind that these two competitors went through before they met in the ring on April 1 in Miami. Once in A Lifetime explores the iconic Superstars long, emotional paths toward their match, and gives viewers a glimpse into The Rock and John Cena’s daily lives, training regiments, and the personal choices and histories that led them to the defining moment of their careers.

Will be getting the dvd. Wanna see it.

The match listing for the WWE Superstar Collection: Daniel Bryan DVD in the Superstar Collection budget series has been released thanks to wwedvd.com.au.

Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho
NXT • February 23, 2010

Daniel Bryan & The Miz – a look back at the oil & water relationship between Daniel Bryan and his NXT pro, The Miz

WWE United States Championship Match
Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
Night of Champions • September 19, 2010

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kane vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Sheamus vs. Sin Cara
Money in the Bank • July 17, 2011

Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry
SmackDown • 2011

Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry
Royal Rumble • January 29, 2012

Meh.

We have learned that WWE are currently producing a DVD and Blu-Ray set titled: WWE – New World Order.

The set is on the schedule for release in early November, looking at the New World Order (nWo) and their reign over WCW in the late 1990′s and WWE in the early 2000′s.

This won’t be the first DVD set which WWE have produced on the group “nWo Back in Black” was released in 2002 and featured a documentary with a handful of moments and matches.

We will have more details on this set in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

:mark:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
1. The Cena/Rock DVD looks cool but i'm prob just gonna download it instead of buying it.

2. Bryan DVD is pretty great other then the Steel Cage Match. Gonna be picking that up for shore.

3. I'm so over the NWO now, i have the “nWo Back in Black” DVD already and I've seen all things NWO 96-00 like 100 times already so i'm gonna pass.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'll probably be picking up the NWO dvd just for the sake of it and I didn't get the 2002 dvd, so yeah.

As for Bryan's dvd, I think I'll wait for him to get a 3-disk dvd instead. This one sounds passable.

Not even going to waste my time with Taker's. I have all the Mania's dvd's already and really don't need copies of all those matches. The cover does look nice though.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
:lol: Daniel Bryan DVD :lol: sure that'll sell well :lol:

The nWo one sounds nice.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Not impressed with that list of D-Bry matches at all.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Even though i love bryan , but this DVD is just a cheap way of WWE to make money . I wont be buying it . Where are the matches he had with Dolp ziggler , kaval e.t.c.. They were Great matches , specially with Dolph for the US title . And if the dvd wont make good money , bryan will be blamed .

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm interested in all those DVD's.

The D Bryan one has a couple of good matches and there and it's a cheap way of capitalising on his current overness with the crowd.

Never seen the original NWO DVD so i'd be down for that.

Rock/Cena I would possibly buy depending on what unseen / additional content is on there.