WWE DVD Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
bro don't throw dvd's away, do you want my address i'll take them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have learnt from my mistake in the past and now I keep them all. It was at a time when I was a bit disinterested in wrestling when I did the cull.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
One of these days when I have more money to splurge with, I'm just going to raid eBay and Amazon and double my collection with a fraction of the cost it took to get where I am.

Reaction score
One of these days when I have more money to splurge with, I'm just going to raid eBay and Amazon and double my collection with a fraction of the cost it took to get where I am.

Judgement Day 2001 has always been the Holy Grail for me personally

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
just picked up WWE: Randy Orton The Evolution Of A Predator & WWE Royal Rumble 2009

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
PWInsider said:
WWE DVD Updates
Jim Ross wrote on his Twitter account that he and Jerry Lawler worked on a "Top 50 Finishing Moves" DVD project for WWE yesterday, and that another Greatest Rivalries DVD in the vein of Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart is being planned for a future release. The most interesting sequel idea might be Steve Austin and Dwayne Johnson, although there are lots of other possibilities as well.

Upcoming announced WWE DVD/Blu-Ray releases set are The Epic Journey of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on 2/10, You Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge on 4/10 as well as a CM Punk DVD now in the production phase.

The Top 50 Finishing Moves DVD will be pretty cool. Good that JR and JL worked on it together.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good concept for a DVD, for me the F-5 has to almost be number one, such an awesome move.

Really looking forward to the Punk DVD but it looks like it won't be available until the middle of the year at the earliest.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Finishing Moves dvd honestly doesn't excite me very much. These "top 50" lists WWE tends to spit out are beyond biased to the point of ludicrousness, and the match selection they'll pile together will no doubt be random as fuck. I'm just going to go out on a limb and say the Stone Cold Stunner will be #1 since there's always 1 wrestler, in every era, in every promotion that has some variation of it. Yeah, sure the Diamond Cutter, the RKO, the Bubba Cutter and every inverted neckbreaker know to man has subtle differences, but get the fuck out of here. It's the exact same concept. Turn around and break someone's neck over your shoulder.

The only other move I could see WWE giving the highest praise to would be the People's Elbow, as a way to suck off the Rock much like they did Shawn Michaels with the Top 50 Superstars dvd.

As for the greatest rivalries dvd... if it's Austin/Rock (which it by all means should be), then I'll be getting it. If it has Austin on the cover, I'm going to break out my wallet and submit like the good little mark I am. But I'm okay with that. But I swear to god, if Austin and Rock start crying like Bret and Michaels did in their dvd, I will fucking shoot someone.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, I agree when it comes to that 50 finishing moves DVD. No way that garbage can be any good. Something like that isn't worthy of a release and finishing finishers are built on kayfabe. It's not something that should be exploited to this extent.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As for the greatest rivalries dvd... if it's Austin/Rock (which it by all means should be), then I'll be getting it. If it has Austin on the cover, I'm going to break out my wallet and submit like the good little mark I am. But I'm okay with that. But I swear to god, if Austin and Rock start crying like Bret and Michaels did in their dvd, I will fucking shoot someone.

I have a feeling that the next one won't be The Rock vs. Austin simply because they released a Stone Cold DVD a few months ago and are releasing a Rock DVD next month. It would be overkill in my opinion and they may break it up with another rivalry DVD before going with them next year.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I have a feeling that the next one won't be The Rock vs. Austin simply because they released a Stone Cold DVD a few months ago and are releasing a Rock DVD next month. It would be overkill in my opinion and they may break it up with another rivalry DVD before going with them next year.
Maybe, but it wouldn't come out for quite a while because there are at least 3 other dvd sets set to release ahead of it. Those things have only been getting released every other month as it is. Might not seem like overkill 6 months from now.

If it's not Austin/Rock, I would recommend WCW v. nWo. That would be a dvd worth getting for sure. Can't think of any other long-running rivalries that would make for a good documentary and 3-disk set.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WCW vs. Nitro would be good. Some others that I think could work would be;

HHH vs. Foley
Undertaker vs. Kane
Austin vs. Vince
HHH vs. HBK
Hardy Boys vs. Edge and Christian vs. Dudley Boys

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
HHH and Foley came to mind as well. Only problem with that is they really didn't feud more than a year. They still had a hell of a rivalry.

Kane v. Undertaker, despite the success of that rivalry, only really had one good match 1-on-1 against each other. Unless they planned on looping their WMXIV match over and over again, not sure how they would fill a 3-disk set.

Austin v. Vince would be incredible.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
From like 1997 until the beginning the 2000, Foley/HHH had tremendous matches. It was an on again off again feud until HHH just ended Foley's career for trying to take his World Title. You could even slip some of the Evolution/Foley stuff on a DVD set. Of course, I pretty much already own all their matches so I wouldn't buy this unless it actually had stuff I didn't already own.