WWE DVD Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/full-content-wwe-best-raw-after-the-show-dvd/62020/

Under-Take-A-Rooni :banderas:

Shakey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
i will be checking that out for sure!!

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Paul Heymans DVD will be dropping sometime this year, Im really excited for that one! Cant wait to hear some 'fresh' backstage dirt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah the Heyman DVD is a must for long time fans anyway. As the manager of the Dangerous Alliance he was a key part of my early wrestling watching experience. He has had (and still is) a great career despite how things ended with ECW.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
- WrestlingDVDNews.com has confirmed that WWE is going ahead with a DVD and Blu-ray on Sting and it will be released on September 23rd in the United States and on September 29th in the UK. It's possible that this will just be a match compilation and they will release a Sting documentary, as hinted at in the most recent Fan Council survey, down the line. Below is the DVD synopsis:

"The Sting DVD chronicles his entire career from his Mid-South days as part of the Blade-Runners (with Ultimate Warrior) through his last WCW match vs. Ric Flair on the very last episode of WCW Monday Nitro (3/26/01).

The video features more than two dozen matches in total, many never before released on DVD. This includes a combination of well-known memorable matches, as well as some fairly obscure matches including encounters with Vader, Cactus Jack, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair. In addition, packages throughout the title will help tell the story of Sting’s career evolution."

WrestlingDVDNews.com also confirms that there are tentative plans for Sting to be included in the WWE 2K15 video game, likely as a pre-order bonus.

:sting:

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Sounds good despite the lack of a documentary. Apart from the odd clip I don't think I have seen any match footage from Sting's run with the Warrior.

The match selection sounds exciting too, they should include at least two of his series with Vader, TGAB 92 and Starrcade 92 would be my choices. His falls count anywhere with Cactus Jack is a must too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah, I want more of a career retrospective in his words. I can stream his best matches. I want him and his peers discussing his career, that TNA one may as well be som RF shoot shit, because it sucked.

Reactions: Keith

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Agreed, I always preferred documentaries about a wrestler rather than just a straight playlist of matches with commentary about them here and there. Matches are fairly easy to find these days, it's always better to hear the select superstars talk about what was happening at the time and all the insight that went into significant periods of their careers.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that WWE issued a Fan Council survey yesterday seeking feedback on 30 potential new three-disc DVD sets. Below are the potential projects:

Inside the Rivalry
* Hulk Hogan vs. Roddy Piper - Non-kayfabe look into the 80′s rivalry with interviews of WWE Superstars and the people behind the scenes.

Inside the Match
* Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock, Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. McMahon, John Cena vs. The Rock, Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart - Non-kayfabe look into the matches of (X) vs. (X) with interviews of WWE Superstars and the people behind the scenes.

Inside WrestleMania
* The Hardy’s vs. The Dudleys vs. Edge & Christian, Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock, Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Personal real-life accounts & memories from (X) and (X), providing a never-before-seen look at footage that truly takes fans INSIDER WrestleMania.

Reunion Specials
* The KLIQ - The KLIQ Reunion (Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac and Shawn Michaels) reunites 5 of the most influential and controversial men in sports entertainment history. Both in the ring and behind the scenes.

All Axxess
* Daniel Bryan, The Wyatt Family, The Shield - Follow a behind the scenes journey in the life of (X) on his road to WWE Superstardom (like “Journey to WrestleMania: Daniel Bryan” or HBO’s “24/7: Mayweather v. Pacquiao”)

The survey also included 11 potential concepts for match compilation sets:

* Greatest Debut Matches
* Iron Man
* Daniel Bryan
* Chris Jericho
* Booker T
* Kurt Angle
* JBL
* Cesaro
* Randy Orton
* The Rock, Ron Simmons, Booker T, JYD, R-Truth, Kofi
* Best of the United States Title Matches
A ton of these would be great. I'm actually shocked they've not done any more Rivalries DVD's since the Shawn/Bret one because I thought that was fantastic. Also, the Daniel Bryan WrestleMania documentary they did was fucking amazing, I'd love to see them do more of these over time for sure.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Rock, Ron Simmons, Booker T, JYD, R-Truth, Kofi

Lol why don't they just say black history DVD.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Some of those are scrapping the bottom of the barrel IMO.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Did you guys see that Batista has one either coming out, or already out? Looks interesting...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Did you guys see that Batista has one either coming out, or already out? Looks interesting...

Well I am no Batista fan so it does not interest me, but the time is about right for him to get a release for those who care.

Does anyone know when the Heyman one is coming out?

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Well I am no Batista fan so it does not interest me, but the time is about right for him to get a release for those who care.

Does anyone know when the Heyman one is coming out?

In August