WWE Draft 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dod Draper

Reaction score
EDIT: It has been confirmed that WWE will hold a draft on the April 25th edition of RAW.

Do you think WWE will have another draft this year?

If so, when? And which superstars do you think will be making the jump?

Last edited by a moderator:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE have to do a draft this year, they need to freshen up the rosters and try to save some careers by moving them to the other brand. They will run one after WrestleMania right after they do their annual spring cleaning by removing some dead weight from the roster.

Names like Sheamus, McIntyre, Ziggler, Alex Riley, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, Jack Swagger etc are people that I want to see change brands. I would also do a midcard title switch like they have done before. Send Kofi to RAW and Bryan to Smackdown, it would be a move that helps both champions out and would give them their best chance of breaking through to the mainevent.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
I agree a draft is in the needs. How ever I rather liked it the way they did it the first time. The way they do it now, it being all computerized, just makes it less exciting. We Won't ever see a draft break up the Nexus or The Corre. We won't see a draft that breaks up laycool. How ever, I think it's time to place John Cena on smackdown. I'd also like to see Drew go to raw. Santino to smackdown. Dolph to raw. Sheamus to smackdown & Alberto Del Rio to Raw. Randy Orton looks good as a face leader for the Raw brand. John Cena looks better as a face for the blue brand. This way here u have the 2 most liked WWE Superstars on different shows instead of on the same show stealing the more spot light from the breaking out starts & the rising generation of headliners like Miz, Morrison, CM Punk etc.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The draft is another thing which for me has become a bit old hat now, but then that is maybe because it never seems to produce interesting results, or hardly ever. But like Troy hinted with so many people under contracts, and a lot in desprate need of freshering up it is something which they have to do.

Dom

Reaction score
The draft doesn't really do much for me anymore. Superstars end up feuding on whatever brand they feel like it seems, the days of the draft and brand split as a whole actually having some serious meaning are long gone.

The draft can be entertaining, however. I loved when Triple H was drafted to SmackDown a few years back, that was a big shocker and something that made me watch SmackDown on a weekly basis. Then there are drafts like last years, boring and lackluster with nothing really changing. I don't see any big moves happening this year, maybe Undertaker to RAW? He's been on SmackDown forever, it'd be a nice change of pace, but that's assuming he doesn't vanish from television for months like he has the past few years.

I can see Randy Orton making his way over to SmackDown, however. He's still over as a mothertrucker. Cena as the top face on RAW and Orton as the top face on SmackDown seems like a good mixture to me personally.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
In my perfext world (trademark pending), I would have Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne and Sheamus to Smackdown for Big Show and Edge to Raw. Because Smackdown is the showcaser of up and coming stars, while Raw is the place where young careers get lost in the shuffle. Plus the fact that more actual wrestling happens on Smackdown and the possibility of having some 20 minute matches for Daniel Bryan would just be great.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
For me the draft could be interesting. I like to see Sheamus go to Smackdown as the big move along with Evan Bourne and Ted DiBiase. I am trying to think of names, but Cody Rhodes come to mind to go to Raw. I think Smackdown is heel needy with Ziggler going to Raw so will see. It's too early to call it for me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Edge retiring and Undertaker out Smackdown is missing their two top faces and I think this means there will definitely be a draft this year. There are some potential replacements on the Smackdown roster for these guys but Smackdown is missing a lot of star power with these two guys gone and I think that WWE will use the draft to strengthen the mainevent on Smackdown. There are two three hour RAWs in June so I expect one of them to be used for the draft. Also I expect that there will be a bunch of releases before the draft occurs so that will clean up the roster a little bit.

One idea that I heard which I think would be a great bold move is put John Cena on Smackdown as their top face. Smackdown is now on SyFy rather than MyNetworkTV so it is now under the NBC umbrella like RAW and so Bonnie Hammer wouldn't have any issue with Smackdown's rating increasing even if RAW's drops a little. I think that the overall effect would be a positive since it would boost Smackdown's ratings more than RAW's would decrease. Plus on RAW Cena has feuded with everyone there is and it is time for him to move on from his feud with The Miz after Extreme Rules. Let The Miz get his time on RAW as the top dog and Orton can slot into the top face spot on RAW. Cena on Smackdown would help replace the star power missing from Edge and Undertaker leaving. Thoughts?

Once the firing spree has happened it will make things a bit clearer as to who will move brands. But to give Smackdown some more star power Cena is the perfect choice.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
I say this. Cena to smackdown, Santino to smackdown, John Morrison to smackdown, rey mysterio to raw The Corre on raw, NEW Nexus (if there still is one) to smackdown & to top it all off place big show on RAW but as a top competitor not for entertainment crap / lost in the mix crap. WWE title picture. If all this some how takes place. It would shake up the WWE better yet place the world title on RAW n WWE title on smackdown.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Edge and Undertaker gone from Smackdown I can see why WWE have decided to do the draft now. Smackdown could use a bit more star power and some midcarders on both shows could use new homes to try to give their career another boost.

I still think that Cena to Smackdown could work but to even things out Mysterio would have to come to RAW. It is improbable but I want to see WWE really shake things up. Orton moving to Smackdown would be the next choice after Cena.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't want Orton on Smackdown, just put Christian in Edge's role, there isn't anything better than that. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Christian is perfect for the role of main babyface. He was the only WWE guy to bring in higher ratings for TNA and also was the champion when ECW was getting the best ratings since the re-launch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still see them moving someone over to Smackdown to boost the mainevent. Christian can take Edge's spot but then the only other top face is Rey Mysterio and the only top heel is Alberto Del Rio with Cody Rhodes being next in line. They need more maineventers than that so if they don't move a top face then a top heel has to go across to Smackdown and the most obvious choice is CM Punk.