WWE divas division..improving?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Now i know some may come in here and bash the women of WWE because some may be former models and such, But i think it has been improving. Slowly granted but they actually have a storyline going with three women being pushed at the same time.

I know most are still upset Beth retired but she had a wonderful career some of accolades include,second woman in the royal rumble,first ever divas tag team tables match for the title,longest reigning divas champ so far. Amongst other great accomplishments. And she left on a pretty high note pinning one of the most over divas in WWE atm AJ lee.

Now onto to my point it seems as though the divas have even stepped it up in ring wise as well. Whether it be SD or RAW,NXT,superstars they are upping their game. Layla & Alicia fox vs Paige & Audrey marie is a great example. It proves with just a little nudge these women can surpass or match up to ex WWE divas such as,Lita,Melina,Trish,Victoria etc.

Here's a quick review of the current divas roster

Natalya-Imo one of the best wrestlers male or female on the roster she can pretty much have a good match with a piece of string. Not too mention her charisma.

Aj lee-A good wrestler,over with the crowd and she fits the WWE'S look with all the talent to back her up. I can see a divas title reign in her future.

Kaitlyn-She's one hell of an intimidating sight i could easily see her replacing Beth as the powerhouse diva. She's a decent wrestler for being so new. And can only improve from here.

Alicia fox- Some have such hate for her when she's a good wrestler imo has some charisma going for herself and is one of the best diva heels we've seen in some time. Not too bad an actress either.

Aksana-Contrary to belief she actually has some ring skill and a unique look ,charisma is there, fairly new but shows shades of talent when given the chance. And a wonderful actress.

Naomi-Great wrestler yes i said it she can go in the ring. She may not be the cookie cutter blonde hair blue eyed darling WWE looks for but she could easily get over with her ring skills alone.

Cameron lynn- Her ring skills aren't much but she has a lot of charisma and would make a great Manager while she improves her ring skills. Give her a Sherri martell position part time wrestler part time manager.

Layla- Has improved heaps since her return,has the mic skills and charisma, but she works so much better as a heel like Alicia fox. Seems like her best side is being wasted with this face run.

Tamina-Has a good presence about her,powerhouse,third generation superstar which could easily get her noticed with the right storyline i've always wanted to see her and Natalya have a third generation ''my family is better than yours'' feud.

Eve torres- Three times divas champion,currently making one hell of a good heel divas champion,great mic skills,good actress,and a unique move set for a diva. Not too mention jui jitsu expert. She's in the right spot in her career.

Everybody has something to offer some more polished in ring than others but the male roster is the same. Everybody contributes to the product and with the current storyline with Eve,Kaitlyn and Layla things can only get better from her. Also recently Aksana has been added to the mix even better.

Please no bashing if you don't care for these women don't bother posting lets keep this civil and productive.

Your thoughts?

lileilou

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
lettersfromaprincess.wordpress.com
The divas division has some great people in it, there is a healthy mix of good wrestlers and good mouthpieces, some are both, and if the company actually gave them decent matches and storylines (and not just on NXT) then the divas division would be absolutely fine.

Sure, not everyone is on the same level, but it's always been like that, with both the male and female roster. Was Molly Holly excellent in the ring and on the mic when she started out? No. So why are people expecting such quick results from these girls? If everyone on the roster was terrible, I'd get it, but all of them have something to contribute, so I don't see the problem with the roster itself. My problem is with the people who write their storylines and book their matches. If the divas were given more storylines with substance and booked in a way that made them look like a serious division instead of the pee break during the show, then more people would actually believe in them and the division would work.

Reactions: Goodbad_Jester

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yes, there are talented Divas in the division, the problem is booking. They get little TV time on the main shows, there's normally one feud going on on the division, no one seems to care about it inside WWE. When they're given time on NXT/Superstars/PPVs we can see they can put on great matches but since WWE doesn't do anything with them the division ends up boring.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think the Diva's division is getting slightly better, and the division itself will be getting more light now that AJ and her weird storyline is apart of it. Whether we like the storyline or not, if it keeps focusing about AJ becoming a diva again(besides the whole sex thing) and gets her more in ring time, then I think the Diva's division will become more valuable in the eyes of the WWE universe again, they are already having a storyline for Kaitlyn, so it's good to see the Diva's actually being used again, it's not entirely big like the tag team division resurrection, but it's a lot better then nothing.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think its improving but only slightly. They have a long road to go though before people take there matches serious again. The WWE pretty much made the diva's title meaningless. I would like to see them hire a few bigger gals (plus size) and a few more muscular women (like beth). They have enough skinny women in that division. Shake things up WWE! Make people want to watch! Heck, find a woman wrestler like Gail Kim who can do high flying and have her wear a mask. Get creative I mean sheesh. I don't even care about the woman's division anymore and I use to love the women matches.

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The divas division is dead. Kelly Kelly was the only diva to keep this division alive as she got the most reaction and was the top diva but since shes quit the business that whole divsion will now go down the toilet

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They've reportedly had a couple decent matches recently, but I see no signs of improvement at all. Do we even know who attacked Kaitlyn yet or w.e the fuck that storyline was?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
The divas division is dead. Kelly Kelly was the only diva to keep this division alive as she got the most reaction and was the top diva but since shes quit the business that whole divsion will now go down the toilet

:facepalm:

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score

1.) Kelly Kelly was one of the worst female wrestlers they had.
2.) No one cared what she said or did because she was used as eye candy, no one cared about what she thought.
3.) The only thing that went down the toilet is her career.

If anything, her leaving will bring the women's division back to actually meaning something again.

Reactions: Farooq and Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

Any decent looking chick stripping or being half naked would go over in a male dominated crowd. :maybe:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Britanica said:
1.) Kelly Kelly was one of the worst female wrestlers they had.
2.) No one cared what she said or did because she was used as eye candy, no one cared about what she thought.
3.) The only thing that went down the toilet is her career.

If anything, her leaving will bring the women's division back to actually meaning something again.

Well said.

:yes:

LUPITABARRETT

NO CREO LA VERDAD SIN BETH PHONEX, GENTE QUE REALMENTE LUCHE, ES DIFICIL EXTRAÑO TANTO LE EPOCA EN QUE ESTABA TRISH STRATUS, MELINA, LITA GRAN EPOCA DE LAS DIVAS, AHORA ALICIA FOX ESTA IGUAL QUE CENA SOLO ANDA EN EVENTOS, ESO ESTA BIE, PERO TAMBIEN PONGALA A PELEAR, NO ME SIMPATIZA MUCHO ME GUSTARIA VER COMO LA DESTRUYEN SERIA LO MEJOR