WWE considering turning Latino star face

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mizfit

Jobber
Reaction score
I would love for this to happen. I pray it will be soon.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
I just don't see ADR as a face....

Unless of course he has some kind of a character change...

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: WWE considering turning Latino star face

BaraaKhalaf92 said:
I just don't see ADR as a face....

Unless of course he has some kind of a character change...

Guys who drives some awesome cars to the ring, is rich and generally has everything would be a decent start imo, as a kid I'd have marked out for someone like that, it's the James Bond effect.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
It will be so perfect.

Alerto Del Rio becomes a hero

Scene 1

We enter the WWE lockrroom seeing only a close up of an icecream cone being enjoyed. The camera slowly pans out and we see a gleeful Ricardo Rodriguez, sitting on a stool in front of ADR's locker with a huge smile on his face, taking occasional tastes of his chocolate/vanilla swirl on a waffle cone. He hums Justin Bieber's latest hit under his breath.

LOUD DRAMATIC CRASH is heard followed by A MAN SCREAMING

Ricardo internal diolague: "Gee, what could that ever be?"

An ANGRY BIG SHOW BURSTS INTO THE ROOM

A quick close up to Ricardo shows a frightened expression, before cutting back to a close up of an angry, frothing Big Show.

Ricardo looks away quickly and tries to hide himself with his suit jacket.

Big Show (angry and spitting as he talks): "WELL HEY THERE RICARDO! WHY YOU HIDING YOUR FACE?"

Ricardo (whimpering and stuttering): "W-well h-hey there, Show! I saw your m-m-match, I thought for sure you would wi--"

Big Show (interrupting Ricardo): "You thought what? You thought that I would win? Well guess what? "

Big Show begins walking slowly towards Ricardo while pointing one of his giant sausage fingers

His expression has changed from angered to a sick and twisted smile. His tone changes from a yell to a hushed, confident talk, just above a whisper

Big Show: "Guess what Ricardo? I don't care what you think. And do you know why?"

Big Show is now standing one step away from the sitting Ricardo, as he crouches down, his face is no more than 3 inches away from Ricardos

Big Show: "Because fat, little gopher peons like you are nothing to me. It pains me to know that I have to breathe the same air as punks like you. The one thing you are good for..."

Big Show stands, raising Ricardo to his feet by the collar of his shirt, and then smashes Ricardo's face in his ice cream, before throwing it against the wall across the room.

Big Show: "...is for me to take a little anger out on...."

Big Show raises his fist high into the air as if to deliver his patented finisher the WMD until....

off camera we hear someone scream the word DESTINNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Alberto Del Rio enters the room, strikes a heroic pose in the doorway (a quick shot/reverse show as we see Big Show's expression change from deranged as he is preparing to strike Ricardo to terrified as he sees the chizzled man mountain known as ADR standing in front of him)

Del Rio quickly strikes with a running missile drop quick to Big Show's knee, forcing him to release Ricardo (who runs to the nearest corner, cowering in fear, arms clutched around his knees)

Big Show shouts out in pain, as Del Rio unleashes a fury of body punches

Big Show, staggered, begins to retreat, walking backward toward the door.

Alberto: (as he punches Big Show's ribs) "Take THAT, and THAT, you beeg bullyy, you don't deserve to be in dubyou dubyou eeeeeeeee."

Del Rio winds up for one last punch, a steaming overhand right to the jaw of Big Show that sends him stumbling backward out of the room. Del Rio slams the door and exclaims "I'M SO SEEK OF THESE BULLIES. Ricardo, come to Alberto"

Alberto motions toward Ricardo, who sheepishly stands and falls into Alberto's arms, and the two embrace in a manly hug.

Alberto lovingly tells Ricardo that everything will be OK as he pats him on the head reassuringly.

Alberto: "I'm telling you Ricardo, I am not going to let anyone bully you anymore. I tired of it! I'm going to teach that guy Big Show a lesson and then anyone else who wants to bully someone in dubyou dubyou eee! Now please, allow me to call my personal care physician to check out your neck, it might be injured.

Alberto pulls out a lollypop- "Here you go, scout"

Alberto winks to the camera, flashing his million dollar smile.

I hate to toot my own horn, but this post deserves more attention.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I hate to toot my own horn, but this post deserves more attention.

Toot Toot. ADR Face? So much better. This is awesome.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
He would get cheered because he's rich and that's what everyone would like to be? Must be why DiBiase and JBL couldn't get over as heels either.

Personally, I find Del Rio boring. He can be entertaining sometimes (his match with Orton at HIAC), but if I only or mainly cared about someone's moveset, I'd just watch ROH and mark out there (not a knock on ROH, just saying.) He is a boring character and I can't see him being anymore entertaining as a face. That said, might as well turn him since he's stale as it is, but I wouldn't mind if he wasn't on the show at all.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Del Rio failed and is still failing as a heel, so might as well take the risk and make him a face. However if WWE wanted to choose someone else they could use Hunico as a face. Hunico is already a great wrestler and he can speak english, unlike Sin Cara who is still working his way through Rosetta Stone.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Ricardo , ADR , rosa , primo and epico all faces . They should be called : LATINO POWER ! :gusta:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

KevinLockard23 said:
He would get cheered because he's rich and that's what everyone would like to be? Must be why DiBiase and JBL couldn't get over as heels either.

That isn't the sole reason those guys got booed either though, they weren't hated for being rich more the exploitation it brought. WWE main demographic is boys under 10 right? I could really see ADR getting over in the same style as Bond become a cultural icon and much loved kids film. Plus you can play on the Stark element if you wished, you see how many kids run around with Iron Man masks on? Why not replace that by having him wrestle in his lucha mask (becoming Dos Caras or whatever) then have his joking side as ADR?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Have Del Rio become a super hero in other words? Even with kids, that might get laughed at just like the Hurricane gimmick, except the latter was intentional. Also, I still think the majority of the audience is teenagers and adults, not kids.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

KevinLockard23 said:
Have Del Rio become a super hero in other words? Even with kids, that might get laughed at just like the Hurricane gimmick, except the latter was intentional. Also, I still think the majority of the audience is teenagers and adults, not kids.

Nope not a superhero at all, say he's paying homage to his lucha roots as this let's him focus when he's in ring. The two faces of ADR shown in a literal than a metaphorical sense, I can personally see it working well with the kids at least.... Maybe my examples were a bit out there with Stark if so I apologize but I wanted to point out the similar traits they could hold not a literal comparison.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
After his 7198751983751 matches with Sheamus, I'm not really sure I'd ever like him.

We'll just have to see how it goes. If he was more slick and smooth, the James Bond gimmick would get him pretty over.