WWE considering turning Latino star face

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
Have someone like maybe a returning Mark Henry bully and beat Ricardo and then have ADR stand up for and save his friend?

The problem with face turns is they almost always need to win their opening feud to get over. I don't want face ADR going over the beast that is heel Mark Henry.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
The problem with face turns is they almost always need to win their opening feud to get over. I don't want face ADR going over the beast that is heel Mark Henry.

Understandable. I literally picked Henry as a name out of a hat but I think the formula could work. Just replace Henry with a fitting heel that can take the beatdown. Heck. If they want to wait a bit, use Big Show once he drops the strap. Have Big Show lash out at Ricardo for just being in the room with him after losing the strap.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Anyone doubting face Del Rio can eat a dick. Dude will be MONEY. He oozes charisma and the fans badly want to love him. That's why he doesn't get heat. The fans are just like "Why should I boo this bad motherfucker? He's everything I wish I could be!"

This will change his character, allow his moveset to open up and be a lot more diverse and open up dozens of new feuds.

I say ABOUT DAMN TIME

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Anyone doubting face Del Rio can eat a dick. Dude will be MONEY. He oozes charisma and the fans badly want to love him. That's why he doesn't get heat. The fans are just like "Why should I boo this bad motherfucker? He's everything I wish I could be!"

This will change his character, allow his moveset to open up and be a lot more diverse and open up dozens of new feuds.

I say ABOUT DAMN TIME

I don't know if you have seen it but he had an appearance at an NXT live event to team with his little brother and Ricardo and worked as a babyface against Ohno (hero), Kruger and Graves. Del Rio was mad over and cheered like a mofo. Pretty sure it is on youtube.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
Understandable. I literally picked Henry as a name out of a hat but I think the formula could work. Just replace Henry with a fitting heel that can take the beatdown. Heck. If they want to wait a bit, use Big Show once he drops the strap. Have Big Show lash out at Ricardo for just being in the room with him after losing the strap.

Yeah I think saving Ricardo could be gold as Ricardo plays the innocent guy who doesn't want to be a heel perfectly.

Dolph'sZiggler said:

I say ABOUT DAMN TIME

:adr:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah I think saving Ricardo could be gold as Ricardo plays the innocent guy who doesn't want to be a heel perfectly.
It could also help introduce Ricardo to in ring competition. Have Ricardo and ADR team against Show and some lower card heel. You could even make them a tag team and build ADR up again from the ground. A slight comedic duo with ADR constantly getting Ricardo out of trouble. The backstage skits could be hilarious.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:

:adr:

It will be so perfect.

Alerto Del Rio becomes a hero

Scene 1

We enter the WWE lockrroom seeing only a close up of an icecream cone being enjoyed. The camera slowly pans out and we see a gleeful Ricardo Rodriguez, sitting on a stool in front of ADR's locker with a huge smile on his face, taking occasional tastes of his chocolate/vanilla swirl on a waffle cone. He hums Justin Bieber's latest hit under his breath.

LOUD DRAMATIC CRASH is heard followed by A MAN SCREAMING

Ricardo internal diolague: "Gee, what could that ever be?"

An ANGRY BIG SHOW BURSTS INTO THE ROOM

A quick close up to Ricardo shows a frightened expression, before cutting back to a close up of an angry, frothing Big Show.

Ricardo looks away quickly and tries to hide himself with his suit jacket.

Big Show (angry and spitting as he talks): "WELL HEY THERE RICARDO! WHY YOU HIDING YOUR FACE?"

Ricardo (whimpering and stuttering): "W-well h-hey there, Show! I saw your m-m-match, I thought for sure you would wi--"

Big Show (interrupting Ricardo): "You thought what? You thought that I would win? Well guess what? "

Big Show begins walking slowly towards Ricardo while pointing one of his giant sausage fingers

His expression has changed from angered to a sick and twisted smile. His tone changes from a yell to a hushed, confident talk, just above a whisper

Big Show: "Guess what Ricardo? I don't care what you think. And do you know why?"

Big Show is now standing one step away from the sitting Ricardo, as he crouches down, his face is no more than 3 inches away from Ricardos

Big Show: "Because fat, little gopher peons like you are nothing to me. It pains me to know that I have to breathe the same air as punks like you. The one thing you are good for..."

Big Show stands, raising Ricardo to his feet by the collar of his shirt, and then smashes Ricardo's face in his ice cream, before throwing it against the wall across the room.

Big Show: "...is for me to take a little anger out on...."

Big Show raises his fist high into the air as if to deliver his patented finisher the WMD until....

off camera we hear someone scream the word DESTINNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Alberto Del Rio enters the room, strikes a heroic pose in the doorway (a quick shot/reverse show as we see Big Show's expression change from deranged as he is preparing to strike Ricardo to terrified as he sees the chizzled man mountain known as ADR standing in front of him)

Del Rio quickly strikes with a running missile drop quick to Big Show's knee, forcing him to release Ricardo (who runs to the nearest corner, cowering in fear, arms clutched around his knees)

Big Show shouts out in pain, as Del Rio unleashes a fury of body punches

Big Show, staggered, begins to retreat, walking backward toward the door.

Alberto: (as he punches Big Show's ribs) "Take THAT, and THAT, you beeg bullyy, you don't deserve to be in dubyou dubyou eeeeeeeee."

Del Rio winds up for one last punch, a steaming overhand right to the jaw of Big Show that sends him stumbling backward out of the room. Del Rio slams the door and exclaims "I'M SO SEEK OF THESE BULLIES. Ricardo, come to Alberto"

Alberto motions toward Ricardo, who sheepishly stands and falls into Alberto's arms, and the two embrace in a manly hug.

Alberto lovingly tells Ricardo that everything will be OK as he pats him on the head reassuringly.

Alberto: "I'm telling you Ricardo, I am not going to let anyone bully you anymore. I tired of it! I'm going to teach that guy Big Show a lesson and then anyone else who wants to bully someone in dubyou dubyou eee! Now please, allow me to call my personal care physician to check out your neck, it might be injured.

Alberto pulls out a lollypop- "Here you go, scout"

Alberto winks to the camera, flashing his million dollar smile.

Reactions: Crayo

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph's, Crayo and Stop sum it all up as usual!

This could be a great thing for ADR and I hope so as he's a talented guy and deserves to be appreciated!

Stopspot

Reaction score
DESTINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:adr:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: WWE considering turning Latino star face

Lacky said:
Del Rio would be such a boring face just like he's such a boring heel.

Lol no, ADR is one of their top 5 workers with his limited set let him loose and watch him gain marks.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Some of you guys are missing the boat here.

ADR's moveset, look, and general air all scream Face already. That's why he has a problem generating heat and has to go over the top to do so.

Del Rio will be an amzing face if it's done right.

wk

Stopspot

Reaction score
Wacokid27 said:
Some of you guys are missing the boat here.

ADR's moveset, look, and general air all scream Face already. That's why he has a problem generating heat and has to go over the top to do so.

Del Rio will be an amzing face if it's done right.

wk
Exactly. He is a guy with a face look, face moveset and a voice that is much more suited for face promos.