WWE Considering Instant Replays

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
- WWE officials are talking about doing an instant replay storyline. The idea would be to change things to where the referees can use instant replays to change calls made. The incident with CM Punk and referee Brad Maddox on Monday’s RAW may have something to do with that.
Well this might fuck up sneaky heel victories to say the least lol. WWE sure seems to want to take from NFL lately from the unknown ref to this.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Either that, or they'll use it for the Cena/Punk storyline then conveniently forget about it within 4 months.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Either that, or they'll use it for the Cena/Punk storyline then conveniently forget about it within 4 months.

Yeah, if they can forget about an anonymous GM, they'll have no problem forgetting about this. LOL.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well it does say instant replay STORYLINE so it probably would end at some point. But I honestly hope it's very quick we already had this in WCW and it wasn't good then

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
:lmao this would be hilariously bad, but I can see the obvious build for it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Honestly I think it sounds fucking stupid, but whatever. Obviously any story line depends on how well WWE executes the idea first and foremost, but this would take away the whole concept of heels picking up cheap wins by cheating. And if this angle went down and other wrestlers who aren't involved with that particular story line are still winning by using ropes for leverage, having their friends/managers attack when the ref isn't looking, etc, then everyone will wonder why they aren't using this "instant replay" feature for their matches. Either way, I don't see how this could possibly work and still maintain the dastardly nature of how most heels usually win. And what happens when the angle is over and WWE goes back to not having it? Do you explain to the fans that a system that logical just wasn't cutting it anymore? Ehhh, I dunno. That rabbit hole goes pretty deep.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Honestly I think it sounds fucking stupid, but whatever. Obviously any story line depends on how well WWE executes the idea first and foremost, but this would take away the whole concept of heels picking up cheap wins by cheating. And if this angle went down and other wrestlers who aren't involved with that particular story line are still winning by using ropes for leverage, having their friends/managers attack when the ref isn't looking, etc, then everyone will wonder why they aren't using this "instant replay" feature for their matches. Either way, I don't see how this could possibly work and still maintain the dastardly nature of how most heels usually win. And what happens when the angle is over and WWE goes back to not having it? Do you explain to the fans that a system that logical just wasn't cutting it anymore? Ehhh, I dunno. That rabbit hole goes pretty deep.

Yeah, I can already foresee lots of plotholes in this angle if it happened. One thing they could do is just say instant replay will be involved for a certain match or something and that it's a one time deal. We'll see what they do with it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
So is Paul Heyman going to come out with a red flag for now on to challenge a call? Ugh so lame.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Obviously storyline.

Wait and see.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah it makes sense for them to use it as an angle in this storyline, no way WWE would bring it in as an actual rule.

Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of when they brought in Mr. T to be their special enforcer referee that would come down when things got out of hand, to keep the heel managers from pulling a fast one. Wrestling is still wrestling and the guys that get booed for pulling cheap victories will still do it. That's just part of the formula. Now once in a while they may book the cheater getting caught to get the crowd to cheer.

In the end, the WWE and any other wrestling promotion will do nothing that eliminates the guys that get booed for cheating from doing what gets them heat. In fact, it earns them a little more hate if fans are expecting to see them get caught and they get away with a fast one anyhow.

If Vince McMahon can no-sell the limo explosion and Danny Davis was able to go back to being a referee, I can see this being a short time gimmick that just goes away without much mention and without really affecting the show beyond the few it is ever used.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I could see them finding some way to do some sort of botched calls even after seeing the instant replay. Overall... looks like a meh storyline but whatever. Maybe it'll bring some hilarity.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I actually could envision this working in some small capacity if WWE didn't have so many hours of TV every week. It's just too conflicting. I could see WWE officials wanting to bring it in for the WWE Title and CM Punk to keep him on the up and up. I just don't think it could last very long but I do believe if it's just for a storyline it could easily be written out after a little while.