WWE Breaking Point 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yep ya probs right, But hey I'm always calling it wrong so nowt new there, One day i will get all my prediction right lol :)

xtremebadass

World Heavyweight Championship Match:CM Punk (c) vs The Undertaker

WWE Title Match:Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena (I Quit Match) FUCK YEAH!!!!

ECW Title Match:Christian (c) vs William Regal

US Title Match:Kofi Kingston (c) vs The Miz

DX vs Legacy (Submissions Count Anywhere Match)

Kane vs The Great Khali (Singapore Cane Match)

WWE Unified Tag Titles Match:Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs MVP & Mark Henry

Can you say most predicable PPV of 2009? I can.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Is it just me that liked the PPV????.

Granted it wasn't no way shape or form great by any means, But it was ok, Really wasn't a pile of shite IMO. I stay up till 4am to watch them as there not on till 1am over here. But i watched it all and didnt start nodding off. Well maybe a bit when Kane/Khali were on lol. Nah i thought it was ok.

noumenon

I dunno, I think the card should have been submissions all the way through, it kinda of killed the point of the PPV.
Orton/Cena wasn't horrible but I really didn't like how he more submitted than quit. To me an I Quit match should have more of a brutal finish, where the person just don't want to carry on. He essentially just tapped out to the STFU when you think about it.
Punk/Taker made the whole show worth it. It was honestly a pretty solid little match, although short. They made Punk look pretty decent against Taker, even though the initial submission victory came out of nowhere. The twist at the end was brilliant, and one again Smackdown crushes RAW in the main event scene.
It's kind of sad when you think about it too, they bill RAW as the A show...but Smackdown always headlines the PPVs.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Has anyone even brought up that peice of shit promo that Ziggler did. lol. I don't watch SD but people were telling me Morrison was all great ( and the 2 times I actually watch SD he gives 2 shit promos) and they would talk all high on Ziggler and he gives that shit promo... that dragged out waaayyy.... tooo..... looonnnggg....

Qwake

^ I actually thought that promo was one of the best things from the show, did you here the boos from the crowd, helped Ziggler get over and Morrison for eventually making the save.

Orton Vs Cena I found to be complete shit, Orton owned him all match, I will admit the cane shots were pretty brutal and Cena took them well but that shouldn't mean Cena comes back, kicks Randys ass in a matter of mins and wins the title. I was pretty sure Cena was gonna win anyway but it didn't have to be like that and yeah, he pretty much just submitted to the STF which was lame and we could see that on RAW.

Although the Punk/Taker match ended all of a sudden and didn't go very long atleast next time they face off the feud would have been built up well and the matches to come from them should be good. I really didn't like this PPV, the booking seemed rushed or lazy or something because every match was quite short.

Airfixx

Not as bad as some are making out IMO.....

Not your typical WWE show... To be honest, it reminded me of an Attitude-era PPV.

Unified tag match was decent enough for an opener... Would have liked to have seen a dirty finish so they could perhaps have had another shot, if not actually have Jerishow drop the belts.... I think we’ve seen all we’re likely to from Jerishow now (Here’s where having Show rather than Edge comes into play... Not only is Edge way more entertaining, but he’d give Jericho more to work with in terms of character interaction... Not like Y2J is gonna start giving Show any static for example.) and MVP/Henry right now are the most plausible option aside from DX (Whom you’d assume wouldn’t be prime for contention following BPoint).

Miz & Kofi... Started off ok and ended ok, but it felt like they were given too much time... Miz had the upper hand for too long - I started to question whether he had anything in his arsenal that could truly put the hurt on Kofi. I think they need to give Miz a talking-only role (just have him injure his neck somehow and walk round with a collar on for months) and spend some more time developing some offense for ring-work when off-camera. Plus, the new look just doesn’t work for him. Nice touch coming out and baggin’ the crowd in their native language tho’. It’s little things like this which affirm to me that he’ll be great with the right gimmick and push.

Khali & Kane.... Jeeeeeeez... That was just painful.... How can someone so imposing look so utterly harmless in the ring. You can look past Khali’s mobility issues, but fuck the guy can barely aim a punch. Kane must have been crying inside... Cane matches suck... 2 big men hitting each other with sticks when truth be known they could prob harm each other more with their bare hands... It’s not brutal or violent it’s slapstick. Sandman has a LOT to answer for!

MOTN for me was one of the next two matches....

Regal is ten different shades of awesome – Simple as that.

Was surprised to see Koslov & Regal banished from ring-side - Truly thought we'd see them cost Christian the belt in order to up the ante on the fued and Regal's stable, whilst forcing the contractual rematch. After another successful defence against regal, it's not like there's anyone else on the horizon for Christian and SURELY we're not gonna start seeing the henchmen challenging ahead of their 'leader'? ...I think we’ll see Christian screwed for the title on ECW over the coming weeks.

Is it me or is anyone else finding Christian's ring work rather repetitive. They've faced off a number of times now and it's only really Regal who's brought any variety into the proceedings.

DX vs Legacy was cool. Some good brawling – Particularly when they were fighting on the steps on the upper level of the auditorium... That looked genuinely dangerous... Even more so the fact that it was in amongst the fans - and loved the overall outcome (Still couldn’t quite believe they’d get the win prior to the match)... I’d have liked to have seen a few more double team submission spots, but otherwise job done and Priceless look great. Just a shame they can’t build on this with a tag run until Jerishow drop the belt to some faces. (The Jerishow gimmick is about established champs dominating the tag division - Legacy going over in a heel v heel match would simply show them to be superior as there wouldn’t be any heat (see last time they faced off). Minor grumble at Cody for fucking up the figure-four on the ring-post.

Ziggler/Patterson promo started off ok, but went nowhere and took a little too long to not have Ziggler & Morrison at least come to blows at the end. (Or they could have perhaps had Patterson land a blow back on Ziggler before eventually being overpowered and THEN have Morrison make the save. Let’s face it the hometown guy got bitched out... You can bet, Flair, the quintessential wrestling OAP would have got a punch in at least so what’s so different about Pat?)

I think the Cena/Orton match is being massively under appreciated. I’d agree that Orton should have taken more punishment and that it looked pretty much like he submitted from a sore wrist, BUT both men were excellent in their roles – Orton came off like a sick man (although I couldn’t help thinking I’d have liked to have seen Kane string Cena up and torture him like Orton did - Poor Kane... He’s not even the most psychotic guy in the WWE anymore!) and Cena cuffing himself to Orton was perfect psychology. Was surprised Cena won as it doesn’t provide that great a set-up for HIAC next month whereas pulling a swerve for the Orton win would have given us a “There will be no escape” vibe rather than just a standard rematch scenario (Fuck HIAC as PPV concept.... Year after year WWE are now pretty much doomed to waste what is arguably their greatest gimmick match. Cena vs Orton HIAC should be absolutely fucking huge and 3 weeks of Legacy run-ins on Raw is NOT going to make it so!!!). Props to Cena for the legit blows taken during the beatdown and both guys for entertaining the idea of doing shit whilst cuffed together (Whether it be a break, tear or dislocation that was an accident waiting to happen!).

Punk v Taker... Surprised to see such a positive response on here really.... I know the majority of people’s comments are treating it like a match of two ‘halves’ (i.e. the screwjob and the fight that came before) – fair enough - but to be honest IMO it was more like a match of 2 ‘quarters’ (!!!)... At least the original screwjob looked like the match was drawing towards a finish. Punked looked way to vulnerable for my liking getting hooked in the Devils Gate so quickly and tapping so readily. None of this is a reflection on Punk & Taker’s on the night... Looked like they’ve got some good if not great matches in them and I’ll reserve my judgement on the screwjob until see how it’s addressed on this week’s SD. One point though is that Teddy Long was apologetic in the way he announced the restart of the match so I’m not sure how much of a full blown heel turn we can expect UNLESS he sides specifically with Punk saying he WANTS a straight edge world champ as he too thinks it sets the right example. I hope not, because I like the rogue/lone wolf element of Punk’s character and don’t find the idea of him being ‘in-bed’ with an authority figure very appealing.

I don’t often give ratings and all that crap, but in this case I will....

I’d give it a 3/5 as there was a pretty good PPV in there(***) and just like KofKings said I too was kept awake and entertained until 4.a.m.

(***...SOMEWHERE! lol )