WWE Breaking Point 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Who said you can't be DQ'ed in a submission match? The only stipulation is that you have to win by submission...no one said anything about no DQ.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I thought they could be DQed but then wasn't sure after TDK said that. Oh well if thats the case i go wiv Punk been DQed lmao

the dark knight

Who said you can't be DQ'ed in a submission match? The only stipulation is that you have to win by submission...no one said anything about no DQ.
dont submission matches only end when either wrestler gives up? :/

noumenon

I think you're thinking more along the lines of "I Quit"...those are no DQ. Submission match simply means the only way to win is to make the other person tap...all the normal rules apply though.

seX-Power

I think you're thinking more along the lines of "I Quit"...those are no DQ. Submission match simply means the only way to win is to make the other person tap...all the normal rules apply though.

If the only way to win is by submission, then how could you win via disqualification.

the dark knight

ive been throwing up all day with no sleep and i gotta run errands so i honestly cant think but as far as i know the only way submission or iquit matches end is when one submits. no DQs, no count outs, no pinfalls nothing..

noumenon

If the only way to win is by submission, then how could you win via disqualification.

Alright...follow me here. The only way the title is changing hands is via a submission.
You've got a regular match..where you can win via pinfall or submission.
A submission match simply means the option of a pinfall it out the window. All of the other normal rules still apply..such as count out, DQ...ECT.

NOW...DX/Legacy in a Submissions Count Anywhere match...that's probably no DQ.

Cena/Orton I Quit....that's no DQ.

xtremebadass

DX vs Legacy in a Submissions Count Anywhere match has been added to the PPV.

Wait...submissions count anywhere, so this thing could still end by pinfall, it would just have to happen in the ring? That's a pretty lame stipulation if you ask me. Submissions are only supposed to be in the ring, everytime a submission happens on the outside it's like "boy, they are trying wayyy too hard."

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Wait...submissions count anywhere, so this thing could still end by pinfall, it would just have to happen in the ring? That's a pretty lame stipulation if you ask me. Submissions are only supposed to be in the ring, everytime a submission happens on the outside it's like "boy, they are trying wayyy too hard."

I don't think so, it looks like submissions are still the only way to win the match. The outside submission looks lame, But there could be a big finishing spot with someone getting choked out with a weapon or something.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Alright...follow me here. The only way the title is changing hands is via a submission.
You've got a regular match..where you can win via pinfall or submission.
A submission match simply means the option of a pinfall it out the window. All of the other normal rules still apply..such as count out, DQ...ECT.

NOW...DX/Legacy in a Submissions Count Anywhere match...that's probably no DQ.

Cena/Orton I Quit....that's no DQ.

Yep Yep thats what i thought, Or should i say meant. Title aint gonna go anywhere coz the match will end in DQ. That way Taker wont get beat by Punk and Punk keeps his title. Unless total shock horror The great phenom puts over punk clean. But that aint gonna happen is it. So DQ is my bet.

xtremebadass

I don't think so, it looks like submissions are still the only way to win the match. The outside submission looks lame, But there could be a big finishing spot with someone getting choked out with a weapon or something.

But you can submit someone in a falls count anywhere match right? why wouldn't it work the other way around?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I guess you can submit someone in a falls count anywhere match, I've never seen it before though. But the reason for the stip is "Submissions Count Anywhere" so that something will happen on the outside. So if there's a pin in the ring for the DX match, it kills the whole match stipulation.

noumenon

WERE YOU GUYS HIT IN THE HEAD?! LOL!
It's the same thing as a falls count anywhere match but instead of pinning somone you have to make them tap...ANYWHERE. NO PINNING.

The Rated R CMStar

I dont even get this argument and how the hell you guys are even talking about pinfalls. Traditionally, you can only make your opponent submit inside the ring. For example, CM Punk and Undertaker will only be able to get a submission victory inside the ring.

In the DX match, they can get a submission in any place. They are just increasing the range in which they can get the win. Pinfalls arent even a factor