WWE Breaking Point 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

breakingpoint.jpg

Here's the current card:

World Heavyweight Championship Match:CM Punk (c) vs The Undertaker
WWE Title Match:Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena (I Quit Match)
ECW Title Match:Christian (c) vs William Regal
US Title Match:Kofi Kingston (c) vs The Miz
DX vs Legacy (Submissions Count Anywhere Match)
Kane vs The Great Khali (Singapore Cane Match)
WWE Unified Tag Titles Match:Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs MVP & Mark Henry​

Airfixx

It'll take four members of Legacy to make Cena say i quit..... Quote me on that.

Soulpower

There's no way I can see the posterboy of WWE saying the words "I Quit".

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Exactly. Unless Randy Orton makes him tap out to a headlock because I can't recall Orton having any submission moves in his arsenal besides that.

Airfixx

There's no way I can see the posterboy of WWE saying the words "I Quit".

[Ripped from another post of mine....]

"Already, I'm envisaging all FOUR of legacy finding some underhanded way to make Cena quit.... Held to ransom over a fans safety maybe? ...Defo something where he can lose yet still look heroic. I'd like to see that rather than have him mimmick SCSA @ WM13 with the "I'll pass out before I quit" approach."

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
[Ripped from another post of mine....]

". I'd like to see that rather than have him mimmick SCSA @ WM13 with the "I'll pass out before I quit" approach."

I think this will be the ending. I don't see Orton tapping out, someone from Legacy would interferr before that happened. And I dought Cena would tap out to one of Orton's variations of a headlock. So Cena going out in a blaze of glory (ala not tapping out but passing out) seems to be the way to go.

kingovkings

Reaction score
HMMM I pretty lost on whats gonna happen between Cena/Orton i really cant see any of them saying i quit TBH. Superman Cena Never backs down and he never Quits =/ . And i assume Orton aint gonna lose the title yet and is as sneaky and shady as they come so i cant see him quiting.a So as for the out come of that match im Fxxked TBH. Unless some sort of No contest thing happens. But i dont think that can happen can it ???. Whatever happens i see Orton retaining.

Qwake

Punk Vs Taker in a submission match would be a great time to give the Anaconda Vice back to Punk, could also be a good match although I don't think it should be the first match of their feud.

John Cena = Next World Champ tbh, hopefully they don't end their match the same way they did at Summerslam...horribly.

Travis40

Exactly. Unless Randy Orton makes him tap out to a headlock because I can't recall Orton having any submission moves in his arsenal besides that.

He tried the sharpshooter back in 04 during his fued with Benoit. idk if he did it before that though.

Ballin

Reaction score
I would love to see Punk bring back the Anaconda Vice but unless WWE wants to have a major swerve for fans they'l have Taker win. I see him holding untill WM and having his last match with Kane.

Thoughts?

Airfixx

Thoughts? ...How would Punk winnning a "swerve"?

Taker losing his streak and the WHC to Kane @ WM26? ...No chance.

the dark knight

the only thing i hate about this ppv is the fact that it sort of spoiles the rest of the matches all year long. are we gonna see anyone tap out on a different ppv or on raw? the point of having someone tap out is to do it when we dont see it coming in a normal match.

/drunk

Airfixx

I don't like the fact that themed PPVs partially forces the bookers hands into booking guys into matches they're not necessarily suited for (or if not to keep the title from certain guys during certain periods of the year when said themed PPV would take place).

I'm just releived that this Breaking Point shit isn't strictly traditional tap-out style submission matches. At least the use of 'I Quit' matches caters a bit more to the brawlers on the roster (which ME-ers usually are to a large degree)