WWE Bans the Curb Stomp

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
According to WWE sources, the company will be banning Seth Rollins from using the curb stomp finishing move.WWE’s feeling about the move, which the WWE World Heavyweight Champion uses as his finisher, is that it’s too much of a direct liability and risk for a head injury. All of sports is trying to be more proactive when it comes to preventing head injuries and concussions, and this is the reason for WWE banning the curb stomp.
WWE reportedly doesn’t want its top star to be doing that move every night and they also don’t want to be showing it in past clips or videos anymore. This is why last week on RAW when Rollins came out, the video which played during his entrance was primarily just graphics of his name. The normal entrance video for Rollins features a compilation of clips, several of which are him performing the curb stomp.
Source: PWInsider

I think it's actually a good idea on their part. There isn't a single move that's "needed" in wrestling, and if anything it's going to add intrigue IF he does it once in a while. I also think it can be used in storylines like when The Undertaker's Hells Gate was banned, but the only difference is that the Curb Stomp in actually banned

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
T91p2.gif

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
It should of been banned to begin with. That move can be pretty dangerous. Concussions are taken very seriously now, as they should be.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was more or less counting down the days till this happened, unfortunately. If they banned Orton's Punt Kick out of a concern that it could cause a head injury and whatnot, then it was probably only a matter of time before Rollins' Curb Stomp was treated the same way.

Still, what next? Banning Bryan's kick to the head? Cesaro's mid-air European Uppercut? Any variation of the DDT? And why are they mainly just concerned about head injuries? The current roster is booked to wrestle through more hardcore matches nowadays than they arguably ever have been, perhaps they should limit the number of those if they're so concerned about their health?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Seth's new finisher at 3:04 mark.
Ehh, Curb Stomp was so much better.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Ridiculous. He injured (to my knowledge) zero people with it. Smells like a sabotage, tbf. At this point WWE should just ban the striking offense altogether and turn into a pure graps promotion. Hmm, thinking about it, I might watch it more often then. Hmm...

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Seth's new finisher at 3:04 mark.
Ehh, Curb Stomp was so much better.

So... basically a finisher that is almost practically the same thing as Ambrose's double-armed DDT? That's fucking lame.

And what's ironic is that there's nearly as much force to the opponent's head slamming to the mat there as there was with the Curb Stomp. So they basically accomplished nothing from getting rid of the Curb Stomp except for losing a really unique finisher.