Backlash WWE Backlash 2017 Match Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
bl-min.png

CONFIRMED

Randy Orton (c) vs Jinder Mahal
The Usos (c) vs Breezango
Chris Jericho (c) vs AJ Styles

SPECULATION

Naomi (c) vs Charlotte
Dolph Ziggler vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Baron Corbin vs Sami Zayn

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
bl-min.png

CONFIRMED

SPECULATION

Naomi (c) vs Charlotte
Orton
Breezango
Jericho
Nakamura
Corbin
I think the women's match will be Becky, Charlotte and Naomi vs the new stable Tamina, Natalya and Carmella with the faces winning

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
I'd change a confirmed match and a speculated one at least there.

Corbin vs Zayn
Usos (c) vs Breezango
Charlotte vs Tamina w/Carmella and James Ellesworth
Naomi (c) vs Natalya
Kevin Owens (c) vs AJ Styles
Randy Orton (c) Jinder Mahal

They're waiting on Becky to endorse Charlotte in order to make her a full fledged face, so a good debut win for Tamina by outside interference works out for all parties.

I'm confident Jericho will be champion until Tuesday at the latest. Could be wrong, but I'm confident.

They need to build Naomi up because at the moment Becky/Charlotte are the only draws in the women's division.

And Styles/Owens should main event but that would embarrass the WWE title, so Orton's big win will close the show. He can then move on to a feud with Styles, followed by Jericho and then Owens (where I think he'll probably lose it)

Reactions: Rosie and Solidus1

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'd change a confirmed match and a speculated one at least there.

Corbin vs Zayn
Usos (c) vs Breezango
Charlotte vs Tamina w/Carmella and James Ellesworth
Naomi (c) vs Natalya
Kevin Owens (c) vs AJ Styles
Randy Orton (c) Jinder Mahal

They're waiting on Becky to endorse Charlotte in order to make her a full fledged face, so a good debut win for Tamina by outside interference works out for all parties.

I'm confident Jericho will be champion until Tuesday at the latest. Could be wrong, but I'm confident.

They need to build Naomi up because at the moment Becky/Charlotte are the only draws in the women's division.

And Styles/Owens should main event but that would embarrass the WWE title, so Orton's big win will close the show. He can then move on to a feud with Styles, followed by Jericho and then Owens (where I think he'll probably lose it)
I like this card, so I'm going to use it instead of the tiny card we have right now

Corbin vs Zayn - Zayn because he needs it more
Usos (c) vs Breezango - Breezango because... They're just great
Charlotte vs Tamina w/Carmella and James Ellesworth - Tamina via shenaigans because she just needs it more
Dolph Ziggler vs Shinsuke Nakamura - Shinsuke, I'm always bias against Dolph
Naomi (c) vs Natalya - Naomi, can't have her lose already
Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho (c) - Owen pins Jericho, injures him, sends him on tour
Randy Orton (c) Jinder Mahal - Jinder Mahal, I know it probably won't happen, but how crazy would it be if it did?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you guys have said above.

I have something to add, though: Naomi, Becky & Charlotte vs Tamina, Natalya & Carmella will probably end up happening given what happened on SD last night.

Unless their goal is to book that match for next week and then at Backlash, we get separate singles matches like Charlotte vs Tamina, Naomi vs Natalya and Becky vs Carmella.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they booked American Alpha vs The Colons on the pre-show.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I have something to add, though: Naomi, Becky & Charlotte vs Tamina, Natalya & Carmella will probably end up happening given what happened on SD last night.
That's what is most likely to happen...even though I'd rather see Naomi defend the title
and win cleanly...even if it was against Charlotte.

I've read rumors of a possible Becky heel turn...which may happen at Backlash during
the predicted 6 women tag match..but again...its just rumors.

I think a Becky heel turn would really freshen her up...but...SmackDown just don't have
the numbers in their division to realistically do it and keep the face/heel dynamic balanced.

That's why Sasha hasn't turned yet...and most likely won't now Little Miss Bliss is sitting
on top of the RAW division.

I've also heard Lana will be a heel...so SmackDown will most likely keep Becky a face
for the time being.

Unless their goal is to book that match for next week and then at Backlash, we get separate singles matches like Charlotte vs Tamina, Naomi vs Natalya and Becky vs Carmella.
I'd rather see that...I'm really curious to see Tamina wrestle...

Who knows may-be Lana will re-debut at Backlash and help the heel team win...

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
The 6 woman tag does seem likely now, with Charlotte accidentally hitting Becky and Becky then being pinned for the loss.

Charlotte doesn't officially turn face until Becky says so. That's what the WWE have set up and it's also why the fans are chanting for Becky whenever Charlotte/Naomi get beat up. Thing is, if Charlotte turns face you instantly lose your top drawer match right now. While Natalya and Naomi are being build up to top level, throw Becky against Charlotte because of a lot of trust. Give Becky the win, then have the heels attack Charlotte afterwards. Becky the helps out, shakes her hand, job done.

At the same time, Naomi can work a storyline against all 3 heels at once, ultimately succumbing to Natalya and losing her title while Becky and Charlotte are off elsewhere. Everybody wins.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
At the WWE SmackDown Live television tapings in London, England on Tuesday afternoon, a new match was made official for next Sunday's WWE Backlash pay-per-view event in Rosemont, Illinois.

Now confirmed for this year's WWE Backlash PPV is a new six-woman tag-team match pitting Naomi, Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch against the trio of Natalya, Carmella and Tamina Snuka.

With that now known, below is an updated look at the lineup for this year's WWE Backlash pay-per-view, which goes down live from Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois on Sunday, May 21st.

WWE BACKLASH 2017

WWE Championship
- Randy Orton (c) vs. Jinder Mahal

SmackDown Live Tag-Team Championships
- The Usos (c) vs. Tyler Breeze & Fandango

WWE United States Championship
- Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles

Six-Woman Tag-Team Match
- Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch vs. Natalya, Carmella & Tamina Snuka

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Six-Woman Tag-Team Match

Six-woman tag team match added to Backlash

Okay...thoughts:
~ I think its disappointing Naomi isn't defending the title at Backlash...
~ I hate the fact that this 6 woman tag match is basically set up so Ellsworth can cost "Team NBC" the match...
~ While I want Becky to turn heel and get nasty...I just don't know how I feel about it now Charlotte is on SmackDown...
~ I guess while I like change...I'd much rather have Becky & Charlotte both be heels together...but...that wouldn't work...
~ I'm also incredibly impatient...I just Charlotte vs. Becky A.S.A.P...
~ I think SmackDown have really complicated this by turning Charlotte face and having Tamina be a heel...
it would have made much more sense if it was the other way round.
~ While I like Naomi...I'm not "buying" her as a champion...

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
WWE Championship
- Randy Orton (c) vs. Jinder Mahal
Winner: Orton

SmackDown Live Tag-Team Championships
- The Usos (c) vs. Tyler Breeze & Fandango
Winner: Breezango with The New Day distracting

WWE United States Championship
- Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles
Winner: Owens some how some way

Six-Woman Tag-Team Match
Winner: Not sure but I can bet Lana will be involved

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
bl-min.png

CONFIRMED

SPECULATION

Naomi (c) vs Charlotte

Need some updation.

It's KO vs Aj for US title.

Naomi, Charlotte and Becky (Aka the bonding sisters) vs Natalya, Carmella and Tamina (with No Chin Elsworth ringside)

Dolph vs Nakamura is also confirmed.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
More so than the card, I'm really wondering how... WWE loves to have a big moment close the show, and Smackdown's shows have really been well known the one match/moment that sticks with you on otherwise forgettable shows...

I'm wondering if this show will end on a big swerve of some sort.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy