WWE announces Survivor Series set for Chicago

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Related I guess but also unrelated to the actual subject...

It's interesting how few open air stadiums in there seems to be in the US that fill that gap between the 10-20k capacity of basketball stadiums and the 60k+ of a lot of football stadiums :lol It's basically just baseball stadiums and Arthur Ashe it seems like
If it isn't Arthur Ashe you got amphitheatres, but they aren't as conducive to Rasslin with a stage and then tiers of seating but not fully around, just like 30%.

Baseball stadiums would be good for 30-40K people but they're occupied from late march through late October, and then if it's outdoor you don't want to be in them in Winter.

Some baseball venues run concerts and stuff during the season but it's probably a lot more difficult for WWE to run their whole setup in them during an MLB road trip (longest ones last like 10 days or so)

Prime issue with stadium architecture in the US also isArthur Ashe is the only dome in the whole northeast, every baseball and football stadium is open air. WWE not running them in Winter.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
If it isn't Arthur Ashe you got amphitheatres, but they aren't as conducive to Rasslin with a stage and then tiers of seating but not fully around, just like 30%.

Baseball stadiums would be good for 30-40K people but they're occupied from late march through late October, and then if it's outdoor you don't want to be in them in Winter.

Some baseball venues run concerts and stuff during the season but it's probably a lot more difficult for WWE to run their whole setup in them during an MLB road trip (longest ones last like 10 days or so)

Prime issue with stadium architecture in the US also isArthur Ashe is the only dome in the whole northeast, every baseball and football stadium is open air. WWE not running them in Winter.
When is someone gonna do a big show at the Carrier Dome? Seems crazy they've neglected that stadium for so long. Surely Syracuse isn't too far out of the way to draw like 30-40k for an important show right?

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
When is someone gonna do a big show at the Carrier Dome? Seems crazy they've neglected that stadium for so long. Surely Syracuse isn't too far out of the way to draw like 30-40k for an important show right?
You mean JMA Wireless Dome now lol they finally sold the naming rights last year). I don't think Syracuse is a big enough market to merit a major show. Also unsure as to regulations but if it's on the campus of Syracuse University (I know the school uses it there could be restrictions on Alcohol sales.