WWE 2K20 Becky Lynch on the cover

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Does it really matter who is on the cover?

I mean if the game is buggy, glitchy mess
then whoever is on the cover will just end
up looking like a moron anyway.

Also...if this game doesn't sell as many or
more copies than the last I'm sure Becky
appearing on the cover will be one of the
main excuses given for that.

Also...this is once again has the WWE trying
to make Roman a star with him standing next
to someone who is actually likeable with actual
charisma.

Frankly EA & their entire 2K series is nothing
but exploitative trash that the fans HAVE to
buy because there are no other options for
them.

Thankfully I don't play video games...and if
I did want to play a wrestling game...I'd buy
a Nintento 64 & a copy of No Mercy.
Umm, a few things wrong here freind.

Firstly EA and 2K are entirely unrelated, EA has no involvement in 2K in any way shape or form, secondly you talk about their games being buggy glitchy messes, then say you dont play video games, so how would you even know that? truth be told ive played pretty much all the WWE games as of late, i missed out on WWE 13 and 2k15 but thats about it really, and ive rarely if ever had any bugs or glitches, besides ones i do on purpose for fun.

2K is doing some interesting things with this game, appearntly GM mode is coming back which is awesome news, that was a thing in Smackdown vs Raw 2006 i believe and everyone loved it but it dissappeared later on, so im glad to se its return, 2k year by year have been slowly but surely improving these games and making them great again, so i dont see the issue here.

Trust me, if EA was making this it would be ALOT worse.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I would rather rewatch that match then brock vs Roman at 33 and triple h vs Roman at 32 that's for sure. The womens triple threat was a good match with a terrible ending. Very unfortunate for them.

Literally no hype or proper fan engagement for both the main events of 33 and 32

Wrestlemania 32 was a tough spot for WWE. That was the year pretty much all the top guys got injured. They had Mania in Dallas and were trying to set an attendance record. It was an all uphill battle for that show.

Wrestlemania 33 I think was very overlooked. That Taker vs Reigns match was very dark. Id be fascinated to know what was going on backstage before and after that match. Either way, I gained a ton of respect for Reigns that nignt. Because when it came down to it, he worked his ass off to give Undertaker one last Wrestlemania main event. I thought it was a compelling story that never got the credit it deserved because fans can be a bit shallow.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Wrestlemania 32 was a tough spot for WWE. That was the year pretty much all the top guys got injured. They had Mania in Dallas and were trying to set an attendance record. It was an all uphill battle for that show.

Wrestlemania 33 I think was very overlooked. That Taker vs Reigns match was very dark. Id be fascinated to know what was going on backstage before and after that match. Either way, I gained a ton of respect for Reigns that nignt. Because when it came down to it, he worked his ass off to give Undertaker one last Wrestlemania main event. I thought it was a compelling story that never got the credit it deserved because fans can be a bit shallow.
I dont have much of a opinion on the roman vs taker match, but man, WWE was handed a GOLDEN oppertunity to turn roman heel the night after, that crowd hated him so badly, they said terrible things and he had so much heat for beating taker, that night was the PERFECT night to make roman heel, everything was there, and sadly they didnt do it, thats my only complaint as far as that whole thing went down, golden chance and they didnt take it.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I dont have much of a opinion on the roman vs taker match, but man, WWE was handed a GOLDEN oppertunity to turn roman heel the night after, that crowd hated him so badly, they said terrible things and he had so much heat for beating taker, that night was the PERFECT night to make roman heel, everything was there, and sadly they didnt do it, thats my only complaint as far as that whole thing went down, golden chance and they didnt take it.

Thats why im interested to know what was going on behind the scenes for that match and everyone involved. I feel like theres a whole other story there.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Firstly EA and 2K are entirely unrelated, EA has no involvement in 2K in any way shape or form
Oh...I see.

I was misinformed...I believed EA & 2k were connected in someway.

Its ONLY 2k who are probably going to be the scumbags this time around.

I apologize to EA for soiling their...Good name.

Fuck...I couldn't even keep a straight face typing that out.

secondly you talk about their games being buggy glitchy messes, then say you dont play video games, so how would you even know that?
I read, watch & listen to a lot of content about the games industry...
& most of it is pretty negative.

I don't really want to get into an ethical debate but the "Triple A"
gaming industry seems like a really, REALLY scummy place where
the customers are treated like shit most of the time.

That's just how I see it from the outside looking in.

Much like my approach towards the WWE these days.

I don't have to actually watch the product to know how bad it is...
& I mean if Broke Le$nar doesn't even watch the show/product he's
the Champion of...then why should I watch it?

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
I read, watch & listen to a lot of content about the games industry...
& most of it is pretty negative.

I don't really want to get into an ethical debate but the "Triple A"
gaming industry seems like a really, REALLY scummy place where
the customers are treated like shit most of the time.

That's just how I see it from the outside looking in.
Being someone who is very familer with the gaming industry to a pretty solid degree, you arent entirely wrong, though its easier to see a few Triple A publishers and Developers and assume most are bad, in truth 99% of the time its the publishers who are the bad ones, not the devs, 2K are bad to a degree but not on EAs level, not even close, not yet aleast from my own experiences, EA right now is the king when it coems to worst company, hell they won and this is no joke, the "Worst Company in America" award a few years in a row, and safe to say they have kept that crown as of late with the Loot Box and Microtransaction contraversy.

But dont missunderstand, there are great develpers out there who make incredible games, Sony and their first party games are down right incredible and deserve all the praise they get, amazing games that people love, Microsoft has taken great steps to improve their first party games aswell. There are so many great games i could recommend to you, it kinda makes me sad you dont play any lol. Espcially when youd get more joy from them then WWE (considering how much you seem to hate the product)

I could go on and on in truth, there are plenty of great triple A and indie devs and games out there, they are everywhere, it just gets easy to miss them when all you hear about is triple A publishers and developers doing not so good things. Specificly EA.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
you aren't entirely wrong,
I know...

There are so many great games i could recommend to you, it kinda makes me sad you dont play any
Dude...I already have a list of games I would like to try...

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Dark Souls/Bloodborne/The Surge
Cuphead
Bayonetta (Because of course I would...I mean look at the LLLEEEGGGSSS!!!)
Darksiders 3
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Death Stranding

And I could go on...

BUT...

Every time I honestly think about buying a (second hand) console
I hear or read another story about Micro-transactions, Loot boxes,
gamers being thought of as "whales", Season Passes, Multiple
special editions, always online, Day one patches...and it just goes
on & on & on.

Just design & make a game...Sell the game complete...
& Let the customers enjoy it.

It shouldn't be that hard...but the "Triple A" developers have to try
and milk every single penny out of the consumers...and frankly its
sickening tome.

I could go on and on in truth, there are plenty of great triple A and indie devs and games out there, they are everywhere,
I know there are many, MANY talented devs out there doing
wonderful things...BUT...

it just gets easy to miss them when all you hear about is triple A publishers and developers doing not so good things. Specifically EA.
Exactly.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Dude...I already have a list of games I would like to try...

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Dark Souls/Bloodborne/The Surge
Cuphead
Bayonetta (Because of course I would...I mean look at the LLLEEEGGGSSS!!!)
Darksiders 3
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Death Stranding

And I could go on...

BUT...

Every time I honestly think about buying a (second hand) console
I hear or read another story about Micro-transactions, Loot boxes,
gamers being thought of as "whales", Season Passes, Multiple
special editions, always online, Day one patches...and it just goes
on & on & on.

Just design & make a game...Sell the game complete...
& Let the customers enjoy it.

It shouldn't be that hard...but the "Triple A" developers have to try
and milk every single penny out of the consumers...and frankly its
sickening tome.

I know there are many, MANY talented devs out there doing
wonderful things.
Ya, but you should not let what publishers like EA are doing stop you from having a wonderful expereince, you are letting them ruin it for you and EA doesnt deserve the ability to stop people from loving and playing games, and you dont deserve to do that to yourself, i can tell you from experience those games are fantastic.

A fe wothers id recommend are TellTales the walking dead, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us And honestly i could go on.

If you really are interested, then you shouldnt let companys like EA ruin it for you, you dont deserve that and they dont either, they would probably take it as a compliment if anything, so dont do that, get a console get those games and have fun!

Except Darksiders 3...that game flopped and wasnt nearly as good as the first 2 LOL

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Ya, but you should not let what publishers like EA are doing stop you from having a wonderful expereince, you are letting them ruin it for you and EA doesnt deserve the ability to stop people from loving and playing games, and you dont deserve to do that to yourself, i can tell you from experience those games are fantastic.

A fe wothers id recommend are TellTales the walking dead, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us And honestly i could go on.

If you really are interested, then you shouldnt let companys like EA ruin it for you, you dont deserve that and they dont either, they would probably take it as a compliment if anything, so dont do that, get a console get those games and have fun!

Except Darksiders 3...that game flopped and wasnt nearly as good as the first 2 LOL
I understand your point(s) Alpha...

BUT...

I would prefer to remain an "Outsider looking In"
as far as the games industry goes.

I want no part of it...

Still...the Overwatch Rule 34 is pretty entertaining.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
They should have a pile of dog shit on the cover because that's what the game will be.