WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
Was so confused when you posted about an NXT issue at first so glad you clarified. Not sure if I'm in the minority but I can't stand Priest, would be glad if he never appeared on the main roster lol.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Monday Night Raw:
April 27th 2020
Uncasville, Connecticut

Mohegan Sun Arena

The final Monday Night Raw before Backlash starts with a cold open as we can see the number one contender for the Universal title SAMOA JOE arriving at the arena. He is however soon stopped by RENEE YOUNG looking for an interview with the Samoan Submission machine.

Renee Young: Joe, last week you choked out Aleister Black to send him a message? Are you not worried about any potential repercussions?

Joe stops for a moment and lets out a slight smirk before shaking his head.

Samoa Joe: I welcome Aleister to try anything. I gave him a preview of what will happen on Sunday and if he tries anything tonight, I’ll choke him out again!

Renee Young: Did you do what you did last week because of MVP approaching you?

Joe looks annoyed at that question as he gets closer to Renee.

Samoa Joe: MVP had nothing to do with what I did. He can keep trying to get me to join whatever it is he is building but I work alone.

Renee Young: One last question before you go. In tonight’s main event you take on an old rival of yours AJ Styles…

???: Joe Joe!

Say his name and he shall appear. We see AJ STYLES appear with THE GOOD BROTHERS following after him and trying to pull him back. Joe just smirks however as he looks at AJ.

AJ Styles: When I beat you tonight and prove I’m still phenomenal…

Joe doesn’t even react to this line just staring at Joe.

AJ Styles: I’ll rightfully get a spot in the Universal title match at Backlash!

Joe responds to this threat with a chuckle.

Samoa Joe: A few years ago, that might have been a threat worth listening to… but now?

He gets right in AJ’s face as The Good Brothers look to keep him back.

Samoa Joe: The only danger will be how unhappy Wendy will be when I send you back home even more broken than you currently are.

Samoa Joe walks off on that cold note as AJ looks ready to explode and we cut to the opening video for Monday Night Raw!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finish the opening video package for Monday Night Raw and pan around the arena as we cut to the commentary team in their usual spot adjacent to the entrance ramp as they welcome us to the show.

Michael Cole: It’s Monday Night. You know what that means. Welcome to Monday Night Raw!

Elias: And we are just six nights away from Backlash!

Michael Cole: In tonight’s main event, we will see Samoa Joe go one on one with his old rival AJ Styles in a PPV-quality main event!

Elias: Our Cruiserweight and United States champions will team up to take on the Ungovernables members Dominik Dijakovic and Shinsuke Nakamura!

Michael Cole: The Real Horsewomen members take on Fire and Desire in a warmup for Backlash.

Elias: Ilja Dragunov takes on one half of The Usos, Jey Uso in singles action.

Michael Cole: We will see the Church of Seth Rollins in action for the first time as a unit in trios action.

Elias: Angel Garza collides with Kalisto in Cruiserweight action.

Michael Cole: Dolph Ziggler will team up with Drew Gulak as they look for revenge against the One Twos.

Elias: But we are starting off the show with a tag team grudge match within the Women’s division!

*NO REST FOR THE WICKED*

A decent pop from the crowd as TAYNARA CONTI and XIA LI make their way out to their ring for this tag team match. Xia slaps hands with the crowd whilst Conti looks more focused and angrier, wanting to get her hands on Sasha Banks badly tonight!

Michael Cole: This match came about after Naomi helped her former Team BAD teammate Sasha Banks attack Taynara Conti and Xia Li made the save for her tag team partner.

Elias: Taynara Conti will be looking to get her hands on Sasha Banks especially!

Michael Cole: This feud began during the Royal Rumble match with Sasha angry that Conti was able to eliminate her.

Elias: And we might finally get it settled for good in a street fight!

A blast from the past as the old TEAM B.A.D song plays and out walks SASHA BANKS followed by NAOMI! Both women have cocky smirks on their faces and are wearing matching shutter shades. They ignore the fans even though some are cheering for the duo (still mostly boos) and head down the entrance ramp towards the ring.

Michael Cole: Ever since Naomi came back she has had a totally different attitude in the ring and started hanging out with her old friend Sasha Banks again.

Elias: I mean following Sasha’s advice and example can lead to greatness. A former two-time tag champion, NXT Champion, Mrs. Money in the Bank and a five-time Women’s Champion.

Michael Cole: Well she might have dragged her into a fight here because Conti certainly doesn’t want to follow Sasha!

Elias: No she wants to beat her ass!

Banks and Naomi talk to each other as Conti steps into the ring for her team to start. Banks looks at her and shakes her head as Naomi starts for her team whilst the referee calls for the bell to get the match started!

Match 1: Taynara Conti and Xia Li vs Team BAD (Sasha Banks and Naomi)

Match summary: Conti is annoyed but starts the match off in an aggressive fashion taking it out on Naomi who probably wasn’t expecting much fire from the Brazilian badass to start the match. Naomi gets hit with a series of kicks from both women before Naomi finally gets free to tag in Banks whilst Xia Li is in the ring. Sasha makes sure to isolate Xia and to keep Conti out of the match as the next few minutes is Team BAD controlling the match and wearing down the Chinese superstar.

Banks even makes sure to taunt Conti on the apron and says she will never be on her level. Eventually Xia breaks free and makes the hot tag bringing CONTI INTO THE MATCH! Banks who was the legal woman tags out in total fear and Conti runs wild giving a beating to Naomi hitting her with a series of kicks and even smashes her with THE BRAZILIAN KICK! She could make the cover but instead drags Naomi to the corner and DEMANDS A TAG FROM BANKS!

Sasha Banks though refuses and starts to walk away from the ring heading to the back… so CONTI TAGS IN XIA LI AND GOES AFTER SASHA BANKS! Conti doesn’t care about the win, she just wants to hurt Banks! She gets to the top of the entrance ramp and starts clobbering Banks with a series of strikes as the two women end up brawling to the back! In the ring meanwhile Xia Li lines up Naomi looking to finish her off but NAOMI COUNTERS WITH A FACEBUSTER! She plants Xia Li before catching her as she rises up with THE REAR VIEW! Naomi makes the cover and picks up the win!

Winners via pinfall: Team BAD (9:16)

Naomi gets to her feet having picked up the win for her team and carrying on her momentum since her return to WWE. She is noticeably still rubbing her jaw and feeling the effects of the strikes laid onto her by Taynara Conti.

Michael Cole: Team BAD pick up the win but that’s not the real story.

Elias: No we saw Banks and Conti brawl to the back during the match.

Michael Cole: We will try to get a camera on and see what is happening. We will be right back!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see TAYNARA CONTI and SASHA BANKS are brawling by the merchandise stands in the arena! They are pulling each other's hair as Conti tosses Sasha onto one of the tables before climbing on top of it and reigning down a series of blows to Sasha! Conti isn’t done there as she grabs one of the shirts holding it over Banks and asks: “Are you the Boss?” before CHOKING SASHA WITH IT!

Banks has to elbow Conti off of her and sends the Brazilian back getting some room for the moment as she looks to the side and GRABS WHAT LOOKS LIKE A TILL AS SHE CLOCKS CONTI IN THE HEAD WITH IT! Sasha uses whatever she can grab as she tosses it back over the table but not before grabbing a metal chain as she stands over Conti and teases locking in a BANK STATEMENT WITH IT… UNTIL BOTH WOMEN ARE PULLED APART BY OFFICIALS! They tried to break free but neither can as we cut elsewhere backstage…

And we can see THE UNGOVERNABLES standing around backstage with ZELINA VEGA and ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS front and center as always.

Zelina Vega: Tonight will be a preview of the domination that is in store at Backlash. My clients have learned from any mistakes at Wrestlemania…

She turns to CESARO and ILJA DRAGUNOV.

Zelina Vega: As well as building on their successes!

Andrade Cien Almas: Sheamus, you might be a warrior but I can assure you I want nothing more than to have my Universal title back.

He clenches his right fist before speaking again.

Andrade Cien Almas: And I’ll go through you to get my rightful rematch.

Zelina Vega: A rematch you should have been granted after holding the title for 6 months!

Andrade nods agreeing with Zelina who carries on.

Zelina Vega: And tonight, the Cruiserweight and United States Champions will learn what it means to fight the Ungovernables.

She looks around the room as we see all of her clients sitting in the room as she turns back to face the camera.

Zelina Vega: And very soon, all the gold will be in the Ungovernables hands!

She smirks as we cut back to the commentary team adjacent to the entrance ramp.

Michael Cole: Zelina Vega feeling confident ahead of Backlash and who can blame her.

Elias: The Ungovernables could be walking out of Backlash holding nearly all the gold and Andrade is on the verge of getting his Universal title back!

Michael Cole: If they end up with all the titles, who can argue with Zelina when she says they run Monday Night Raw?

*I CAME TO COLLECT*

A decent pop from the live crowd as this man has warmed himself to the WWE Universe over the last few weeks. It’s LIO RUSH! The cocky young man walks to the ring in a nice black shirt and jeans, looking very stylish. He doesn’t pay much mind to the fans and instead asks for a microphone from a stagehand.

Elias: Well right now we are going to hear from Lio Rush!

Michael Cole: We are six nights away from him fighting MVP’s new client in Apollo Crews and I’m betting Lio has a lot to say.

Elias: He always does but after MVP turned on him, I don’t blame him for running his mouth!

Lio is now standing in the ring with a microphone and is ready to speak.

Lio Rush: Last week, I showed MVP that I’m already better than him and I’m just starting my career.

A few boos but mostly cheers which Lio acknowledges.

Lio Rush: Listen no matter what I going to believe in myself. I know how good I am. They don’t call me the twenty-five-year-old piece of gold because I’m average!

That gets a few more cheers as Lio walks around the ring.

Lio Rush: I know how good I am and I know I belong at the top with the best.

He walks around the ring before leaning on the ropes.

Lio Rush: Bobby. Big man. I hope you are doing well and I look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers for the show of respect to his friend even if Bobby was a heel when he took time off for injury (and he won’t be back for a while).

Lio Rush: And I thought maybe MVP was the kind of man I wanted to associate with.

Boos from the crowd for MVP as Lio nods.

Lio Rush: Maybe I should have known better. But I saw the chance to learn from arguably the greatest United States Champion ever. Someone who has been through struggles like mine!

Lio is getting passionate as he speaks and looks to carry on however…

*I’M COMING*

Boos from the live crowd as MVP walks out in a crisp suit and he is joined by APOLLO CREWS who is also in a fancy suit. Both men have smug smiles on their faces as MVP does all the talking.

MVP: Lio, Lio!

Lio Rush goes to leave the ring but MVP puts a handout.

MVP: I’d stop right there because you would be stepping into a two-on-one fight and I hope you are smarter than that!

Lio looks annoyed but MVP is right so he stays in the ring for now.

MVP: See. You can listen to me.

Lio Rush: Is this all just some powerplay to you? A veteran using his power to abuse the younger talents because I’ve been through that and I’m still here!

Loud cheers from the crowd but MVP scoffs at that.

MVP: I’m not here to “bury” you Lio, I’m here to elevate you.

Boos from the crowd not buying it.

MVP: Everything I’ve done since teaming with you has been about teaching you lessons but you haven’t been listening Lio!

Lio looks bemused.

Lio Rush: Listening? All you’ve taught me is what it’s like to stab me in the back!

MVP: I was teaching you to watch your back since you want to push your partners away! I mean look at Wrestlemania!

Lio Rush: No no no. Don’t you try to put that on me. I only tried to throw you out after you tried to throw me out!

MVP looks fake offended by this line.

MVP: Lio you think you throwing me out of the Andre the Giant battle royal bothered me? Well it did… for a moment.

Lio looks confused for a second.

MVP: But once it sunk in, I was proud Lio. Proud you did what it took to win. But you didn’t win didn’t you? You still lost and proved you need my help still.

More boos from the crowd as the whole time Apollo Crews has been stood there stoic.

MVP: You might be able to beat me Lio but that’s because I’m at the end of my career.

There is a tinge of sadness as MVP says that.

MVP: Now? I want to help the future of this business get to the heights I did!

He points at Apollo Crews.

MVP: Look at this man! Look at the size, and the agility he has but what has he achieved in his time in WWE?

MVP brings the microphone up to the mouth of Apollo Crews.

Apollo Crews: Nothing.

MVP: Exactly. He has been smiling and happy to be here. He deserves better. You deserve better Lio and I will show you the difference between listening to me…

MVP points at Lio Rush in the ring.

MVP: And disobeying me.

Lio Rush: What about when I win on Sunday? What happens then Montel?

MVP smirks.

MVP: You won’t but if a miracle happens, we’ll leave you alone to mediocrity as you listen to these people.

Cheap heat but it works as MVP raises a finger up.

MVP: But when he beats you this Sunday, you will learn that you will be better off by my side and you will fall in line!

MVP drops the microphone as he stands next to Apollo Crews and looks very smug. Lio Rush in the ring meanwhile for the first time in his WWE career looks unsure of himself and even a little nervous.

Michael Cole: The stage is set for Backlash. Will MVP be proven right or can Lio show he doesn’t need the guidance of MVP to make it to the top?

Elias: Lio Rush is understandably angry that MVP ditched him but how will he cope with a man who is twice his size and can move almost as fast as him?

Michael Cole: Not only that but Apollo Crews will be out to prove that MVP made the right call taking him on as a client.

Elias: But up next we will see tag team action as Dolph Ziggler teams with Drew Gulak to take on The One Twos! Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

*COMBATIVE*

Boos from the live crowd as we return from the commercial break and see THE ONE TWOS walking to the ring. ONEY LORCAN and DANNY BURCH both have scowls on their face as they shout some abuse at the fans at ringside.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday night Raw and right now we are about to see tag team action within the tag team division.

Elias: The One Twos will be looking to get revenge after Ziggler defeated Danny Burch on last week’s Raw.

*FOR THE BETTER*

Cheers from the crowd as DREW GULAK walks out looking serious. He has a new look ring gear-wise and stays at the top of the entrance ramp as he waits for his tag team partner to make his way out.

Michael Cole: Drew Gulak will also be looking for revenge after Oney stole a victory over him on the first Raw after Wrestlemania thanks to Danny Burch.

Elias: Gulak is looking to get himself in line for a shot at the Cruiserweight title and his first gold within the WWE.

*HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD*

A better reaction from the crowd as more people are starting to get back into DOLPH ZIGGLER. Dolph shows off his ass to the live crowd before walking to the ring as he carries on his reboot within the Cruiserweight division.

Michael Cole: Dolph Ziggler looks to get back in line for a shot at the Cruiserweight title and another win will get him on that path.

Elias: Ziggler finally got his wish of getting a one-on-one match at Wrestlemania but couldn’t walk away with the title. Would he be able to if he earned another shot?

Once in the ring, Drew steps into the ring as Ziggler heads to the apron and Oney Lorcan steps into the ring for the One Twos. Danny talks a bunch of trash on the ring apron as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 2: Dolph Ziggler and Drew Gulak vs The One Twos

Match summary: The match starts off at a fast pace with Danny and Oney for their part firing off a series of strikes whilst Gulak uses submissions to try to grind them down whilst Ziggler shows off his flashier moveset whilst selling the impact of the hard strikes of the One Twos. Oney and Danny use their experience as a tag team to control the majority of the match however but as it goes along Drew keeps targeting their arms reducing the power of their chops and punches.

In the closing stages of the match, Gulak once again gets a submission locked in tight as he yanks back on the arm of Oney Lorcan looking to tap him out, nearby his corner. Oney maneuvers his body and gets his foot on the ropes… AS ZIGGLER TAGS HIMSELF IN! Drew breaks the hold as Ziggler runs in to take care of the charging Burch with a SUPERKICK! Oney meanwhile hits a EUROPEAN UPPERCUT sending Drew back… as ZIGGLER POUNCES WITH THE ZIGZAG! Ziggler hooks the leg and his team picks up the win!

Winners via pinfall: Dolph Ziggler and Drew Gulak (8:48)

Cheers from the crowd as Dolph Ziggler and Drew Gulak celebrate their win together as Danny Burch looks on furious.

Michael Cole: A decent win for Ziggler and Gulak tonight with both men getting what they wanted.

Elias: Ziggler got another win and is closer to getting a rematch for the Cruiserweight title whilst Gulak got some revenge.

As the celebrations carry on in the ring with Ziggler doing belt motions, making his intentions clear we cut to the backstage area…

As we see NOAM DAR trying to chat up some poor female stagehand backstage. She clearly doesn’t want to be there as Dar carries on talking.

Noam Dar: Listen beautiful, not many women get an offer like this. So come back…

???: Dar!

The camera pans over and we see an angry MANSOOR walking into the shot pointing at Dar. The woman in question uses this to sneak off as Dar has a cocky smirk but backs away slightly from Mansoor.

Noam Dar: Hey rookie, you need to stop cock-blocking me or…

MANSOOR PUNCHES DAR IN THE JAW DROPPING HIM! Mansoor taking no shit from the cocky Scot. He bends down over Dar who is holding his jaw.

Mansoor: That’s for last week. You have no honor.

Dar stays quiet still holding his jaw as Mansoor gets back to a standing position.

Mansoor: And the only reason I’m not doing more than that is because, on Sunday night, I’ll give you the honorable beating you deserve!

Mansoor walks off as Dar is left holding his jaw and is clearly pissed off but does nothing about it for now as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to the commentary team adjacent to the entrance ramp.

Michael Cole: We saw them collide just before the commercial break and I’ve gotten word from Adam Pearce on the Backlash pre-show, Mansoor will take on Noam Dar!

Elias: Things are hotting up with the Cruiserweight division and I think Dar might find some consequences for his actions!

*MO MONEY*

ROBERT STONE’S music hits to boos from the crowd and he is soon joined by the rest of his clients at the top of the entrance ramp: CHELSEA GREEN, ALIYAH, VANESSA BOURNE and RAQUEL GONZALEZ! The women pose for the crowd before heading to the ring as we can see what looks like the set for a fashion shoot and a bunch of podiums set up with cloths on them.

Michael Cole: Well right, now it seems we are going to hear from the challengers for the Women’s tag team titles at Backlash.

Elias: We know how good Bayley and Kairi Sane are. Both former NXT Women’s champions and Bayley has won more tag team titles than any woman in WWE.

Michael Cole: But will the numbers game prove to be a barrier too large for them to overcome?

Elias: But what does the leader of the Robert Stone Brand have to say?

The group is now in the ring with Robert Stone standing at the front with only Raquel standing behind him, towering over the other women.

Robert Stone: Last week we gave the Hugging Pirates a preview of what happens when they fight real stars.

He turns to Chelsea Green who strikes a pose.

Robert Stone: My clients are the future of not only our home NXT but also the future of the entire WWE.

Raquel in the background nod whilst Bourne and Aliyah trash talk the crowd.

Robert Stone: And we figured you people deserved to get a sneak peek of what those titles will look around the waists of my clients. Raquel pull off the cover.

The muscle of the group does as Robert requests and pulls the cover off them revealing replica Women’s tag team titles as Robert Stone walks over to them and smirks.

Robert Stone: Now these aren’t quite the actual titles but they do the effect.

Chelsea borrows the microphone for a moment.

Chelsea Green: And for losers like you fans, this is closest to ever holding gold you will get!

Cheap heat but it works as Chelsea passes the microphone back to Robert Stone.

Robert Stone: Exactly Chelsea. These fans are not stars like you people!

The cheap heat carries on as the Robert Stone Brand all laugh to themselves with only Raquel choosing not to join in, remaining stoic in the background. Robert then signals to Chelsea and Aliyah to grab a title each.

Robert Stone: Vanessa grab the camera!

Vanessa smiles and nods as the grabs the big paparazzi-style camera as Robert Stone poses behind Chelsea Green and Aliyah as they hold the tag team titles up striking different poses. However the photo shoot carries on…

*NEW ADVENTURE*

Loud cheers from the crowd as the music for the HUGGING PIRATES hits and Robert Stone grabs a microphone panicking straight away!

Robert Stone: Raquel, Vanessa take care of them!

Vanessa drops the camera and both women head up the ramp to meet the tag team champions… BUT THEY DON’T COME FROM THE ENTRANCE RAMP! No, BAYLEY and KAIRI SANE come out through the crowd behind them with kendo sticks in hand as THEY BATTER NOT ONLY CHELSEA GREEN AND ALIYAH BUT ALSO ROBERT STONE! The tag team champions get several shots off before Vanessa Bourne and Raquel Gonzalez realize as they sprint back to the ring!

Vanessa gets smashed off the apron and sent to the ring floor as Raquel slides into the ring NO SELLING THE KENDO STICK SHOTS AND GRABS THEM SNAPPING THEM OVER HER KNEE! Kairi and Bayley look a little worried but dodge a double clothesline attempt and send her back towards the ropes with a DUAL DROPKICK! Raquel is still standing however until ROBERT STONE AND CHELSEA PULL HER OUT OF THE RING AND RETREAT UP THE RAMP TO LOUD BOOS FROM THE CROWD!

Michael Cole: The Hugging Pirates sending a message right back to their challengers ahead of Sunday night.

Elias: Noticeably though Robert Stone dragged away Raquel before even more damage could be done to her, is she the secret weapon for the Brand come this Sunday?

Bayley and Kairi dare the challengers to come back to the ring but they refuse (though Raquel clearly wants to fight) so Kairi and Bayley head to the outside passing the replica belts to a couple of kids in the front row as we cut to the backstage area…

As we see CHAD GABLE, KURT ANGLE and MUSTAFA ALI talking to each other in the locker room. We can see the United States title on Chad’s shoulder and the Cruiserweight title on Ali’s shoulder as they seem to be discussing strategy when the door swings open and we see DOLPH ZIGGLER walk in! Mustafa Ali is on edge whilst Gable and Angle are curious why Ziggler is here.

Mustafa Ali: Hey Dolph, congratulations on your win tonight.

Ali sticks a hand out which Dolph accepts smiling.

Dolph Zigger: Thanks Mustafa but I didn’t come here to talk about me. I came to talk about you and that title.

Ali smiles though looks slightly annoyed by this.

Mustafa Ali: I’m a bit busy tonight and Sunday, so you’ll have to wait for another shot at this title.

Dolph shakes his head and smirks patting Ali on the shoulder.

Dolph Ziggler: I’m not ready for our rematch yet. Maybe after I beat Oney in singles action and a couple more wins, I’ll be back for that but for now, I come in peace.

Ali raises an eyebrow as Ziggler puts his hands up.

Dolph Ziggler: I mean it. I’m here to offer my help at Backlash. I want to make sure when I win the Cruiserweight title, I want to beat you.

Mustafa Ali: Well I appreciate the offer but I’m not going to cheat to keep…

Dolph Ziggler: I didn’t mean to cheat. I mean to deal with Vega and the rest of the Ungovenables.

Ziggler points at Gable and Angle.

Dolph Ziggler: Kurt, Gable that’s why you came up with the fight pit. To make sure they can't get involved at Backlash.

Gable nods.

Kurt Angle: Dolph is right. It could be handy to have him at ringside tonight or at Backlash…

Mustafa Ali: Listen Kurt I have all the respect in the world for you but I’m fighting them on my own at Backlash…

Ali walks up to Ziggler.

Mustafa Ali: And I’d rather he stay backstage tonight too.

Ali leaves the room and leaves Ziggler standing there with Gable and Angle as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

*WRITTEN IN MY FACE*

A decent pop from the live crowd at the start of the second hour as SHEAMUS walks out in his best peaky blinders outfit. He has a smile on his face as he makes his way out and wastes no time posing on the entrance ramp.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw and right now we are about to hear from one half of Sunday night’s number one contender’s match for the Universal title.

Elias: Sheamus will go one on one with Andrade Cien Almas who lost the title at Wrestlemania in a triple threat with Brock Lesnar and the current champion Aleister Black. Will Sheamus be able to get through someone desperate to get their title back?

Sheamus is now standing in the ring with a microphone and a cheeky smile on his face as he speaks.

Sheamus: Fellas how are we doing tonight?

Cheap pop but it gets a decent reaction from the live crowd.

Sheamus: Me? I’m feeling great and ready for a fight!

Sheamus seems pumped up as he walks around the ring getting cheers from the fans.

Sheamus: See there is very little I haven’t won in my time in the WWE!

Sheamus has had a lot of success over the years.

Sheamus: The United States, tag team, World, WWE, Money in the Bank, Royal Rumble! There is very little I haven’t achieved.

He leans on the ropes as he looks out into the crowd.

Sheamus: This fella from Ireland hasn’t done half bad.

He smiles fondly in the ring before carrying on.

Sheamus: But I’ve never been Universal Champion!

Cheers from the crowd as Sheamus has a big smirk on his face.

Sheamus: There are two titles I want to hold before I retire and with my back, I know that day is coming soon. The Intercontinental title and the Universal title!

Sheamus holds two fingers up as he speaks.

Sheamus: And with one over Smackdown until the draft…

Which will be coming after Queen of the Ring btw guys.

Sheamus: I’ve got one gold in mind at the moment. Taking the Universal title and I’m now one match away from a singles match for the title.

Sheamus walks around the ring.

Sheamus: Black I know you from your days touring around Europe and I know how good you are but I would love to get my hands on Joe after what happened at Wrestlemania!

The Celtic Warrior also looking for revenge to go for with the title.

Sheamus: But first I need to deal with Andrade.

Mixed reaction but mostly boos from the crowd.

Sheamus: Now I got a warning from a good friend of mine, someone who didn’t get set the bar with me. No we were…

“THE BAR” as Sheamus allows the fans to finish the sentence off for him.

Sheamus: And I do have a lot of respect for my old friend. But since Andrade is in the way of what I want, well I’ll just have to have a fight with that fella!

Loud cheers from the crowd as Sheamus looks to carry on however…

*GANGSTER’S PARADISE*

Once again a mixed reaction from the crowd as ANDRADE CIEN ALMAS walks out and he is flanked by not only ZELINA VEGA but ANGEL GARZA who is noticeably in his ring gear ahead of his match with Kalisto later on tonight. Andrade and Zelina both have microphones in their hand as Andrade speaks first.

Andrade Cien Almas: Sheamus, Sheamus you really should listen to your friend Cesaro and stay out of my way.

Andrade wags a finger as Garza looks on next to him grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Andrade Cien Almas: Look what happened to Brock Lesnar!

Boos from the crowd as Andrade reminds everyone what he and the rest of The Ungovernables did on the first Raw after Wrestlemania!

Andrade Cien Almas: And I’d hate for something to happen to you.

Sheamus shakes his head.

Sheamus: You need your whole group to take him out, you’ll need even more to stop me!

Loud cheers as Sheamus refuses to back down.

Zelina Vega: Sheamus that’s a lot of talk for the second-best member of the Bar!

Sheamus smirks.

Sheamus: Funny that I’m the only one who won a World title!

Shots fired by Sheamus with little reaction to that dig at his ally by Andrade.

Zelina Vega: Cute, real cute but with my guidance he’ll do something he could never do whilst teaming with you. Become a world champion.

Andrade turns to Vega giving her a bit of a dirty look but it doesn’t last for long.

Zelina Vega: But right now it is Andrade’s time!

Sheamus: Well if it is his time he should have no problem stepping into this ring and giving me a fight right now!

Cheers from the crowd as Sheamus signals for Andrade to step into the ring but Andrade shakes his head walking away. Sheamus chuckles.

Sheamus: You scared fella?

Andrade turns to Sheamus once more before heading backstage.

Andrade Cien Almas: I fight you on my time, not yours.

Andrade drops the microphone and dumps the microphone heading to the back as Sheamus smirks in the ring shaking his head.

Michael Cole: Strong words from both men ahead of Sunday night!

Elias: Both Sheamus and Andrade want the Universal title shot but who will win this Sunday?

Sheamus walks up the entrance ramp and comes face to face with a smirking Angel Garza who puts his hands up in peace as Zelina Vega stays at the top of the entrance ramp and has a stare down with Sheamus.

Michael Cole: Well up next we are about to see Angel Garza in action against Kalisto!

Elias: Kalisto is looking for revenge. Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

Match 3: Angel Garza vs Kalisto

Match summary: When we return from the commercial break, the match is already underway! Kalisto is very aggressive early on in the match, wanting to make Angel pay for messing with his mask the last time they fought. On commentary, Zelina Vega joins them and defends her client saying he did what he needed to do when he was still feeling the exhaustion of the Money in the Bank ladder match two nights before. Garza in this match doesn’t have as much trouble as he did the night after Wrestlemania.

Garza is even in control of the match as we approach the finish. Kalisto is very protective of his face as he thinks Angel might go for the mask and Garza even teases it in the later stages but Kalisto counters with a PELE KICK sending Garza back. Kalisto then grabs hold of him teasing SALIDA DEL SOL…BUT GARZA COUNTERS TURNING IT INTO THE WING CLIPPER WITH ONE SWIFT MOTION! Garza plants Kalisto and makes the cover 1 2 3! Garza picks up the clean win!

Winner via pinfall: Angel Garza (9:29)

Boos from the crowd as Zelina Vega applauds on commentary whilst Angel Garza stands in the ring smirking to the crowd, proud of himself after a win over a very game Kalisto.

Michael Cole: A strong performance from Angel Garza tonight ahead of his title match this Sunday.

Zelina Vega: My clients are the best. Sooner you and the fans will treat them with the respect they deserve.

Elias: I mean they would get more respect if they won matches fair and square.

Zelina Vega: Oh really Elias, never seen you cheat to win before.

Michael Cole: She does have you there.

Elias nods as he can’t really argue whilst we see Angel Garza carrying on his celebrations on the entrance ramp as we cut elsewhere backstage…

As we can see JIMMY and JEY USO backstage with Jey reading for action. He is warming up backstage in their locker room as NAOMI walks into the room. There is so clear tension between Jey and Naomi but Jimmy gives his wife a kiss.

Jimmy Uso: Congrats on the win honey.

Naomi doesn’t smile but nods.

Naomi: Had to show Jey what he needs to do.

Jey is furious and steps forward clearly wound up by that comment.

Jey Uso: What by being a lackey for Sasha Banks? Is she now your boss?

Jimmy Uso: Hey hey Jey no need for that. Calm…

Naomi: Or maybe I’m using Sasha’s stroke around here to get me closer to gold.

Naomi is right in Jey’s face and both are clearly heated.

Naomi: The only way you two can get a tag team titles shot is by allowing Zelina to trick you.

Jey Uso: Trick? Trick? You don’t think we can win?

Naomi smirks

Naomi: I mean why don’t you go to that ring and beat Ilja to prove it?

Jey glares at her and storms off as Naomi’s husband walks over giving her a look.

Naomi: Don’t look at me like that. You both know you need to shape up. What would your cousin think?

Jimmy is unsure how to respond but shakes his head and storms off to follow his brother as Naomi shakes her head and picks up her phone to make a call.

Naomi: Hey chief, yeah I tried to talk some sense into them.

She nods as the “chief” on the other end speaks.

Naomi: Hopefully it will work.

The camera starts to fade to black as we stop hearing what is being said and cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see Michael Cole, Elias and Zelina Vega still on commentary.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw and as we saw Naomi had some strong words for her husband and his twin brother ahead of his match…

Zelina Vega: Harsh words Michael? You mean the truth. We did trick them into accepting a match they can’t win.

Elias: And why can’t they win Zelina?

Zelina Vega: Because my clients are not just the best tag team in the WWE but also great singles competitors. A tornado tag can easily turn into a one-on-one match just like that and the advantage goes to my clients then!

*DONE WITH THAT (DAY ONE REMIX)*

A decent pop from the live crowd as THE USOS walk out! JEY USO storms to the ring with a purpose whilst JIMMY USO heads to the commentary desk taking a seat next to Zleina making for a very crowded commentary desk.

Michael Cole: It looks like we are being joined by Jimmy.

Zelina Vega: Who invited you?

Jimmy Uso: I could ask you the same damn question.

Elias: Well this is going to be fun to listen to you bicker the whole time.

*SOVIET MARCH*

Boos from the crowd as ILJA DRAGUNOV sprints down the ramp and heads straight to the ring with his World tag team title around his waist. CESARO meanwhile heads to the commentary desk and stands behind Zelina Vega on commentary, choosing to not grab a microphone.

Michael Cole: Zelina, do you not think that The Usos being tag team specialists means they can find a way to overcome The Ungovernables on Sunday?

Zelina points at Cesaro behind her.

Zelina Vega: Is this man not a tag team specialist? Do you not think he can adapt to any tag team situation as a seven-time champion himself?

Elias: I mean Cesaro’s record is undeniable but…

Jimmy Uso: Has he been with Ilja since day one? No. I’ve been with my Uce since the day we were born. We have a bond you can’t teach!

There is some tension between Jimmy and Cesaro at the commentary desk before we cut back to the ring with Jey Uso and Ilja Dragunov ready for action.

Match 4: Ilja Dragunov vs Jey Uso

Match summary: Neither man gives an inch in this match as they fire off on each other. Unsurprisingly Ilja controls the majority of the match due to his experience in singles matches but Jey holds his own showing some of the main event Jey Uso from real life. Vega ad Jimmy bicker on commentary during the match but both get caught by surprise by the finish. Ilja charges in looking for a running kick to the head BUT JEY SHOCKS HIM WITH A ROLL-UP GETTING THE 3 COUNT!

Winner via pinfall: Jey Uso (6:22)

Ilja kicks out shortly after the 3 count but it is too late! Jey Uso gets to his feet looking confident and celebrates the win as Ilja is left looking on in total shock. Jey though shouts “I told her, I told you” in the ring getting cheers from the crowd.

Jimmy Uso: We can’t win in a one-on-one scenario Zelina?

Zelina responds by taking her headset off and slams it onto the desk storming off! Cesaro walks up to Jimmy Uso leading to a staredown before walking off after Zelina!

Michael Cole: Jey Uso showing us they could easily regain their tag team titles at Backlash.

Elias: It may be a match that favors single competitors but Jey Uso proved he can hold his own with Ilja. Who says The Usos wouldn’t hold their own with Cesaro?

Michael Cole: I feel there will be some cross words from Zelina backstage for Ilja after that.

Elias: Well speaking of words from Zelina, let’s take a look at the structure the United States title will be defended inside this Sunday: THE FIGHT PIT!

We cut to a video package as we can see the fight pit being made in the PC and we get our first look at it. We can see the walkway along the top and also see the long cage with the ring in the middle and no ropes. We see what looks like a spotlight on the ring before we cut KURT ANGLE and CHAD GABLE both wearing tracksuits as they look to address the camera.

Kurt Angle: In teaching Gable, I’ve learned what he is better at than the rest of the WWE roster.

We see clips of Chad Gable training in the ring under Angle’s guidance.

Kurt Angle: There is no one in WWE today who is better at the amateur wrestling style that I won a gold medal in.

We see Gable defeating a variety of opponents, small and large with submissions, mostly picking up the win with the Ankle lock.

Kurt Angle: But in a lot of matches this can be countered by going to the top rope…

We see a variety of wrestlers using high-flying moves and showing off their agility.

Kurt Angle: Or even rolling out of the ring to the outside to take a breather.

We see wrestlers taking a powder or taking matches out of the ring.

Kurt Angle: Hell some wrestlers even use their managers to gain an edge.

We see clips of Zelina getting involved in matches but we do also see Angle attacking Samoa Joe leading to Gable keeping the United States title at Roadblock.

Kurt Angle: Inside the fight pit, there will be none of that.

We cut to the Fight Pit once again showing the structure that the United States title match will take place inside.

Kurt Angle: The only way to win is knockout or submission.

Chad Gable: Tap or snap.

Gable is focused and serious for once as he looks into the camera.

Kurt Angle: Zelina and Dijakovic want to make sure there are no excuses? No countouts.

Chad Gable: The only countout that might happen is me knocking you out cold or you passing out from the pain.

Gable unzips his tracksuit and shows off his United States title.

Chad Gable: I refuse to let you take this title from me.

We then cut to DOMINIK DIJAKOVIC and ZELINA VEGA who are sitting down in a different part of the arena. Zelina is in a fancy suit of her own whilst Dijakovic wears a more street-based attire.

Zelina Vega: Angle picked a stipulation never done before because he is scared of my client.

Bit hypocritical there Zelina.

Zelina Vega: He knows if it was a regular match or a match type we knew existed, we would have been able to prepare better but they have tried to take us by surprise.

Dominik Dijakovic: That’s not the American Way Chad.

Dijakovic shakes his head acting disappointed in Gable.

Zelina Vega: But it’s fine because Dijakovic has been under my guidance practicing submission moves and working on his strikes to make sure he knocks you out cold!

We see clips of Dijakovic working out with training partners and knocking each one not only down but out cold.

Zelina Vega: After Sunday, the Ungovernables will once again hold even more gold and prove that we run this brand.

Dominik Dijakovic: I will be a champion that the United States will be proud of.

He smirks as he turns to Zelina.

Dominik Dijakovic: Something this country has long needed.

The video promo comes to an end as we get a spilt-screen showing both men in the United States title match this Sunday before we cut to a hallway backstage…

As THE REAL HORSEWOMEN are shown walking down the hallway and they are being led by SHAYNA BASZLER!

Michael Cole: Up next, we will see The Real Horsewomen in action against Fire and Desire! Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

*SQUARE UP (REMIX)*

Cheers from the live crowd as we return from the commercial break and FIRE AND DESIRE walk down the entrance ramp, heading to the ring ready for action. SONYA DEVILLE looks especially fired up whilst MANDY ROSE slaps hands with the fans in the crowd.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw and right now we are going to get a warm-up for Backlash as Fire and Desire take on Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir of the Real Horsewomen.

Elias: Sonya especially will want payback tonight and be looking to prove a point due to them mocking her MMA experience.

*LEGENDARY*

Boos from the crowd as THE REAL HORSEWOMEN walk out and the boos get even louder as Mrs. Money in the Bank SHAYNA BASZLER walks out holding her briefcase as she heads to commentary.

Michael Cole: And it looks like we are being joined by Shayna Baszler.

Shayna Baszler: My pals don’t need me at ringside to crush these two.

Elias: One could argue you and Ronda have an unfair advantage with you two not competing tonight like Fire and Desire are.

Shayna Baszler: Why would I step into the ring if I don’t have to? I have this remember.

She loudly slams the briefcase.

Shayna Baszler: If our Women’s Universal Champion ever shows up to work like she mocks Ronda for I might get the chance to cash this in!

Back in the ring, we can see Marina Shafir step into the ring for The Real Horsewomen whilst Sonya starts for Fire and Desire!

Match 5: Fire and Desire vs The Real Horsewomen (Duke and Shafir)

Match summary: A bit of a clunky match this one and that’s why we are keeping it short. Mandy and Sonya try to get Duke and Shafir to an alright match but there is only so much they can do. They are however able to pick up the win with Mandy Rose hitting BED OF ROSES to Duke for the 3 count angering Sonya on commentary.

Winners via pinfall: Fire and Desire (4:55)

Cheers from the crowd as Fire and Desire get to their feet celebrating the victory tonight as they gain momentum heading into this Sunday whilst Shayna scowls on commentary.

Michael Cole: A big win for Fire and Desire tonight. Maybe a warning for you ahead of Sunday?

Shayna Baszler: They got lucky.

Elias: Didn’t look like luck to me.

Shayna Baszler: Good thing I didn’t ask you.

As Shayna bickers with Elias on commentary we see Fire and Desire celebrating in the ring until a voice from the titantron gets their attention!

???: Good job guys…

The camera turns to the titantron and we can see RONDA ROUSEY standing there in a leather jacket wearing a pair of sunglasses. Noticeably though her arm is in a sling still after Becky broke it at Wrestlemania.

Ronda Rousey: I’d also be impressed if I hadn’t beaten both of you up before.

Sonya talks some trash off-mic whilst Mandy noticeably looks a little scared of Ronda.

Ronda Rousey: But breaking the bones of little bitches is what I do best!

She smirks as the crowd boos Ronda with Sonya grabbing a microphone from someone at ringside.

Sonya Deville: Tough talk Ronda but why don’t you actually come out here right now! We don’t have to wait till Sunday!

Sonya tosses it away having made her point but Ronda shakes her head smirking.

Ronda Rousey: Sorry Sonya but because I’m an actual star I can’t be there every week just to please some losers.

Loud boos from the crowd for the cheap heat as Sonya shouts some abuse off-mic calling Sonya a coward.

Ronda Rousey: No, I just don’t waste my time normally with people below me but this Sunday I’ll make an exception because of this.

She points at her arm and looks angry for the first time during this promo.

Ronda Rousey: See this arm isn’t fully healed yet but I am just about cleared to compete this Sunday.

Mandy has picked up the microphone during this.

Mandy Rose: It’s fine because we’ll break it again just like Becky did.

Cheers from the crowd as Ronda glares at Fire and Desire before speaking again.

Ronda Rousey: Just for that, I’m going to make sure we don’t just beat you and but we also hurt you both. Watch your f***ing back!

The censors just about catch it before Ronda storms off as Fire and Desire smirk in the ring happy with themselves as Shayna says one final thing before leaving commentary.

Shayna Baszler: Mandy just signed her death warrant. And Becky, I hope you are watching this Sunday because I’m getting impatient!

Shayna taps her briefcase before leaving the commentary desk and heading off backstage.

Michael Cole: Strong words from Shayna and Ronda ahead of the tag team match this Sunday but right now we are going to hear from the Universal Champion Aleister Black!

We cut to ALEISTER BLACK in a dark room and he is sitting on a chair with the Universal title in his hand as he looks at the camera with an angry snarl.

Aleister Black: Joe, I thought you were a smart man. At least that’s what you claim to be.

He looks down at his title before holding it up with one hand.

Aleister Black: Has your pursuit for this blinded you?

He looks at the title once again before looking back at the camera.

Aleister Black: Your hubris is going to cost you Joe.

Black places the title on his shoulder as he rises to his feet.

Aleister Black: And you shall pay for what you did. Maybe tonight, maybe on Sunday but I promise there will be retribution for your attack.

Black walks off but says one last line as he leaves his room.

Aleister Black: I’ll teach you to pick a fight with me.

The screen fades to black as we cut to a hallway backstage as…

We see THE CHURCH OF SETH ROLLINS walking down the hallway and heading to the ring led by their leader the Monday Night Messiah SETH ROLLINS!

Michael Cole: Up next we are going to see the Church of Seth Rollins compete in a Raw ring for the first time! Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see HEATH SLATER, BO DALLAS and CURTIS AXEL standing in the ring reading for action. The Social Outcasts are back together (well nearly)…

THE CHURCH OF SETH ROLLINS slowly make their way out following their leader SETH ROLLINS who has a smug look on his face. He has a glove on one hand and is wearing a black suit with a red tie, grinning like a madman. AIDEN ENGLISH, AKAM and REZAR all follow his commands as they walk to the ring.

Michael Cole: Tonight we see The Authors of Pain and Aiden English stepping into the ring for the first time under the leadership of Seth Rollins.

Elias: We will get to see the impact he will have on these men’s careers and if his guidance can help someone like Aiden English win a match.

Seth shouts for Akam to start the match for the Church whilst Heath Slater starts for the former Social Outcasts as the referee calls for the bell.

Match 6: The Church of Seth Rollins (Aiden English and The Authors of Pain) w/Seth Rollins vs Heath Slater and B-Team

Match summary: Akam and Rezar when in the ring totally dominate not even giving poor Heath the chance to tag out. They keep the B-Team out of the ring and in the end, they tag in Aiden English per the instructions of their boss Seth Rollins and they hit a TRIPLE POWERBOMB which gets loud boos as Seth smirks. Aiden English makes the cover and picks up the win for his team!

Winners via pinfall: The Church of Seth Rollins (3:08)

Seth steps into the ring and sticks his arms out as Aiden English celebrates like he has won the World Series, finally winning a match on TV after over a year. The Authors of Pain meanwhile remain stoic and calm.

Michael Cole: A dominant performance by The Authors of Pain and Seth Rollins lets Aiden English pick up the scraps.

Elias: But it’s also the first win for Aiden English in forever and as someone who has had losing streaks, that first win no matter how you get it means so much.

Back in the ring, Seth looks at The B-Team outside the ring and signals to The Authors of Pain who go on the attack! Heath Slater tries to go outside to help but Aiden English attacks him as well. Seth stays in the ring and instructs his disciples like a puppet master as…

*CRANK IT UP*
*BRING THE SWAG*

Loud cheers from the crowd as BIG SHOW marches out and is joined by THE STREET PROFITS who sprint to the ring… as SETH SLIDES OUT OF THE RING and heads to the back. The rest of the Church slide into the ring as they start brawling with the faces in the ring as Seth backs up the entrance ramp smirking as the crowd goes wild WITH EDGE WALKING OUT BEHIND HIM! Seth doesn’t realize this and turns around… SPEAR BY EDGE! This distraction at the top of the ramp distracts the Church in the ring enough to allow Big Show and The Street Profits to take control as they lay the Church out to loud cheers.

Michael Cole: Edge, Big Show and The Street Profits getting some payback tonight!

Elias: Seth Rollins tried to flee like a coward and Edge was waiting for him.

Michael Cole: I feel like this issue is far from over between these groups but for tonight the Church of Seth Rollins will have to lick their wounds.

Elias: Well when we return we will hear from Adam Pearce with a massive announcement regarding our Women’s Universal Champion Becky Lynch! Do not go anywhere!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to ADAM PEARCE who is standing in his office wearing a suit and looks serious as he stares at the camera.

Adam Pearce: As you people know, the original plan for Backlash was for Becky Lynch to defend her Women’s Universal title against Nia Jax however due to unforeseen circumstances the match had to be cancelled.

Boos from the live crowd who wanted to see Becky Lynch in action on Sunday.

Adam Pearce: And that is for two reasons.

Adam holds two fingers up as he speaks.

Adam Pearce: Nia Jax is not cleared to compete at Backlash as she pulled her back during her return match on Monday Night Raw.

Not much reaction from the crowd who don’t really care about Nia Jax too much.

Adam Pearce: As soon as she is cleared to compete, she will get a shot at the Women’s Universal title.

Boos from the crowd but Nia Jax did earn a Women’s title shot at Wrestlemania 36.

Adam Pearce: But that brings us to Becky Lynch.

Massive pop for the Man Becky Lynch who has barely been seen since Wrestlemania.

Adam Pearce: Now she was also not cleared to compete at Backlash.

That brings a gasp from the crowd as Adam Pearce looks sad as he speaks.

Adam Pearce: And the reason…

Adam pauses for a good 5 seconds before finishing that sentence.

Adam Pearce: Becky Lynch will announce at Backlash.

A very muted reaction from the live crowd watching as Adam finishes off his promo.

Adam Pearce: And the Man will confirm that status of the Women’s Universal title.

Oh wow! A massive announcement confirmed for Backlash. I wonder what Becky will announce (hint hint). The camera soon fades to black as we cut elsewhere backstage…

As we see EDGE, BIG SHOW and THE STREET PROFITS all standing together backstage. Edge steps forward speaking for the group.

Edge: Seth, did you think we would just accept your disciples attacking us? Did you think this would be over?

Montez Ford: I may have been busy trying to get a Universal title shot but we certainly did not forget.

Big Show steps forward standing over Montez as he sticks out his fist and bumps it with Montez.

Big Show: You will get that World title one day.

Edge nods agreeing with Big Show and slaps the back of Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins.

Edge: As well as the tag team titles. However right now, we have business to take care of before we can go after titles.

All the other men nod as Edge faces the camera.

Edge: Seth, we are not going to let The Chruch take over this show. No Monday Night Raw will remain Rated R and we will fight you any time any place!

The camera focuses on the unlikely allies as they stare at the camera and we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we cut to the commentary team adjacent to the entrance ramp.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw and Adam Pearce confirmed we will hear from Becky Lynch at Backlash.

Elias: I’ve heard rumors on what it would be but it’s not my place to comment on it publicly.

Michael Cole: Not only that but we also heard from the enemies of the Church of Seth Rollins who have made it clear this war is far from over.

Elias: Seth is trying to take over this show with his disciples but he has made a ton of enemies ever since he tried to end Edge’s career.

*COAT OF ARMS*

Boos from the crowd as ZELINA VEGA walks out with DOMINIK DIJAKOVIC, ANGEL GARZA and SHINSUKE NAKAMURA all following her. Half the Ungovernables are here but Garza is not dressed for action where a nice white shirt showing off some of his chest and a rose in his pocket as he gives to a female fan at ringside as the group walks to the ring together.

Michael Cole: This match was made after the sneak attack by Shinsuke Nakamura on Mustafa Ali last week plus Gable wanting a warm-up in the ring with Dijakovic.

Elias: And of course, the Ungovernables are always making sure they control the numbers game with Garza joining them at ringside

Michael Cole: Garza is six nights away from his Cruiserweight title shot against Mustafa Ali.

Elias: He will be looking for Shinsuke to do a number on Ali ahead of this Sunday.

*GO HARD*

A pretty loud pop from the live crowd as MUSTAFA ALI walks out lifting his Cruiserweight title into the air showing it off. Garza at ringside signals the belt is coming to him as Ali waits for his tag team partner at the top of the entrance ramp.

Michael Cole: Mustafa Ali has a long reign as Cruiserweight champion and fought off several challengers to keep that title around his waist.

Elias: Former World champions, desperate veterans, submission specialists, high-fliers. He has beaten them all.

Michael Cole: He has even beaten one of Angel Garza’s allies to keep a hold of that belt.
Elias: Will one of Zelina’s clients finally be able to dethrone Mustafa Ali?

*ELITE*

Another loud reaction as CHAD GABLE walks out with the United States title around his waist but it gets even louder once KURT ANGLE walks out too. Gable and Ali share a fist bump as well as nodding at each other as the trio head to the ring. Kurt Angle can be heard discussing the game plan with the champions whilst The Ungovernables look on.

Michael Cole: What would your game plan be walking into a new match type never seen before?

Elias: There is not much you can plan for but if I was Dijakovic I would be looking to go for KO’s whilst keeping an eye on the submissions Gable has.

Michael Cole: And with no rope breaks inside the fight pin, the power of Dijakovic might end up being the only thing to save him during the match.

Elias: Or maybe the power of Dijakovic will be too much for Chad Gable and he will end up knocked out cold.

The champions get to the ring and it is Chad Gable who steps inside for them. Meanwhile Shinsuke Nakamura steps into the ring starting for the Ungovernables getting this match officially underway.

Match 7: Mustafa Ali and Chad Gable w/Kurt Angle vs Shinsuke Nakamura and Dominik Dijakovic w/Zelina Vega and Angel Garza

Match summary: A very good match with the talent in the ring and it remains evenly matched in the opening stages with Ali and Gable showing why they are champions but the teamwork experience of The Ungovernables keeps them on an even keel. The Ungovernables also use their strikes and power advantage to counter the submissions and speed of the champions they are facing in the ring. The match turns fully in the Ungovernables tide as Angel Garza trips Ali up allowing Dijakovic to take advantage! Dijakovic and Shinsuke start to work over Ali as they isolate him in their corner of the ring, keeping Gable at bay.

Zelina and Angel Garza also distract the referee in turns causing Angle to get pissed off and get himself ejected instead. Vega smirks with a wicked smile on her face having made things even harder for Chad Gable tonight. As we get to the closing stages though Ali finally gets free from the two men and manages to make the hot tag bringing Gable back into the match! Gable runs in like a house on fire and hits a series of suplexes! He even manages to get off on Dijakovic but it is Shinsuke who is the legal man as he finishes off the hot tag sequence by grabbing hold of Shinsuke's right ankle to lock in the ANKLE LOCK!

He wrenches on the right leg and Shinsuke looks in trouble as Ali flies off the top rope to take out Dijakovic on the outside of the ring. Vega sees Shinsuke is in trouble and distracts the referee as Garza pulls the ropes closer allowing Shinsuke to break the hold! Gable release the Ankle lock straight away and heads to the outside as he argues with Angel Garza whilst Zelina keeps the ref busy. As they battle though we get a pop from the crowd as DOLPH ZIGGLER RUNS OUT AND SUPERKICKS ANGEL GARZA!

Ziggler smirks as he heads back up the ramp whilst Vega is furious and confronts him on the ramp. Gable gets back into the ring meanwhile as Shinsuke catches him with a kick sending him into the corner, as Ali makes the blind tag! Shinsuke goes for the KINSHASA but Gable rolls out of the way sending Shinsuke crashing into the turnbuckle! Shinsuke falls backward as Gable hits the OLYMPIC SLAM AND ALI FOLLOWS UP WITH THE 054! Ali makes the cover whilst Gable takes care of Dijakovic and the champions win!

Winners via pinfall: Mustafa Ali and Chad Gable (11:47)

Cheers from the crowd as the champions pick up a big win ahead of their respective singles clashes with Ungovernable members on Sunday night. On the ramp, Zelina figures out what happened as Ziggler cockily smiles and waves her off!

Michael Cole: A key win for the champions who gain momentum ahead of Sunday!

Elias: But a massive assist has to go to Ziggler for taking care of Garza outside the ring!

Michael Cole: Even against Ali’s wishes.

Elias: I wonder what his reaction will be when he realizes what happened.

In the ring we see Gable and Ali celebrating with Ali all smiles until he sees a smiling Ziggler at the top of the ramp and shakes his head. Zelina and her Ungovernables meanwhile regroup outside the ring as they promise Sunday will be different and the show goes to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we see DOLPH ZIGGLER walking through the back after the previous match but is soon confronted by MUSTAFA ALI who looks quite annoyed. He is also followed by CHAD GABLE trying to calm him down.

Mustafa Ali: What did I tell you?

Ziggler turns around smiling but before he can speak Ali gets in his face.

Mustafa Ali: I told you to not get involved but you couldn’t help sticking your nose in where it wasn’t wanted.

Chad grabs hold of Ali pulling him back.

Chad Gable: Mustafa, let’s calm down. He did help us out there…

Ali turns to Chad.

Mustafa Ali: And I don’t trust him. I know what he wants.

Dolph Ziggler: Me wanting that title doesn’t mean you can’t trust me to help you against Angel. And anyway…

Mustafa Ali: Oh I can trust someone who asks something, gets told no and does it anyway?

Kurt Angle at this point walks into the frame getting between both men as he tries to defuse the situation.

Kurt Angle: You two stop this! It is my fault.

Both turn to look at the legend as Kurt holds his hands up.

Kurt Angle: After the referee sent me to the back, I bumped into Ziggler who was watching backstage and asks him to go out there to stop Angel.

Ziggler responds by sticking his arms out and shrugging which only seems to further annoy Mustafa who shakes his head.

Dolph Ziggler: And now I have proved how useful I can be, I think you should accept my offer for Backlash this Sunday.

Ziggler offers a hand which Ali looks at but shakes his head.

Mustafa Ali: Thank you for tonight but the answer is still no.

Mustafa walks off leaving Ziggler standing there annoying as Chad and Kurt watch on whilst we cut elsewhere backstage.

We cut to CHARLY CARUSO who is standing backstage ready for an interview.

Charly Caruso: It has been an action-packed Monday night Raw and we are soon to have our main event as Samoa Joe takes on AJ Styles.

Cheers from the live crowd hyped to see the old rivals collide once again.

Charly Caruso: But right now I have two women who want to announce something after of Sunday night’s pre-show. Please welcome Team Kick!

TEAM KICK walk into the shot with smiles on their face as Charly starts her interview.

Charly Caruso: Dakota, Tegan, you two have made an impact since joining Monday Night Raw. What’s next for you two?

Tegan Nox: Well Charly, we have history with Shayna Baszler and her goons all the way back to NXT.

Dakota Kai: I was bullied by them for over a year and I refuse to let them do it to anyone else.

Kai looks fired up as she stares at the camera.

Dakota Kai: So we spoke to Adam Pearce who made us a match on the Backlash pre-show against Duke and Shafir!

Pre-show debut for Team Kick this Sunday!

Tegan Nox: And we will kick your heads off!

Team Kick walk off bringing the short interview to a close as we cut to a hallway backstage…

As we can see THE GOOD BROTHERS seemingly heading towards ringside. LUKE GALLOWS and KARL ANDERSON seem to be in a serious mood when they are stopped in their tracks by MVP and APOLLO CREWS!

Luke Gallows: Can we help you two?

MVP smiles remaining calm.

MVP: You can. See I’m looking for new clients and…

Karl Anderson: Pass.

Luke Gallows: We are loyal to AJ. He is our brother from our days in Japan.

Karl Anderson: So keep your business cards to yourself.

The Good Brothers go to carry on but Crews steps in their way as does MVP.

MVP: I think there has been a misunderstanding. I don’t want you as my clients. No I want you to stay away from one of my future clients.

The Good Brothers look confused by this as MVP clarifies.

MVP: Myself and Apollo are here to make sure you don’t get involved in tonight’s main event so Joe can prove he is better than AJ.

That ticks Gallows off but Karl keeps him calm for the time being.

Karl Anderson: Good thing AJ told us to stay out of it and leave it to him.

Luke Gallows: Because you two wouldn’t stop us going out there to support him if he wanted it.

MVP chuckles.

Karl Anderson: Something funny?

MVP shakes his head.

MVP: Maybe AJ needs to learn the value of people having his back…

The Good Brothers look at each other as MVP signals for Apollo to follow him and the duo walk off elsewhere whilst Karl and Luke think about what was just said.

Michael Cole: Up next we will see Samoa Joe collide with AJ Styles in our main event. Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

*PHENOMENAL*

A mixed reaction as we return from the commercial break, AJ STYLES makes his way out. Once again some of the swagger and cockiness AJ usually shows seems to be missing as he walks to the ring not paying much attention to the fans at ringside.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw and we are about to see our main event as AJ Styles takes on Samoa Joe.

Elias: Two men who hate each other and feuded throughout the years. The last time we saw them collide in WWE, it got very personal between these two.

Michael Cole: Maybe this is what AJ needs to get back on track and get some wins on the board.

Elias: AJ is one of the best athletes we have seen in recent years in WWE but maybe his age is catching up with him?

*DESTROYER*

Boos from the crowd as SAMOA JOE walks down the ramp looking very much the monster and destroyer he is. He has a slight smirk as he sees AJ in the ring but he is focused, six nights away from potentially becoming Universal Champion.

Michael Cole: Samoa Joe is going to smell blood in the water.

Elias: Guy is a shark and if he senses weakness, psychical or mental he will pounce on it.

Michael Cole: But a man like Joe who has insulted and brought up his family in the past, will that be motivation enough for AJ to shake off the issues he is having.

Elias: Or will AJ make a mistake due to his hatred for Samoa Joe?

Joe smirks as he steps through the ropes whilst AJ is ready to go. The referee calls for the bell and the main event is underway!

Main event: Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles

Match summary: AJ starts off the match aggressively, going right after Joe with a series of strikes and punches. He gets a good start early on but Joe soon overpowers him and controls the match tossing AJ around the ring. AJ tries to get back into the match but Joe keeps cutting him off with several clotheslines! AJ is getting grounded down on the mat as we cut backstage during it to see The Good Brothers watching and shaking their heads as they are concerned for their friend. In the closing stages of the match, AJ has managed to make a comeback by targeting the right leg of Joe and even gets him locked in the CALF CRUSHER!

The commentary team mentions that AJ has made Joe tap out to this move before in their rivalry but Joe finds the strength to overpower AJ Styles and send him back into the ropes! Joe though looks angry and flattens AJ with a wicked lariat! He scoops AJ up off the mat and SLAMS HIM DOWN WITH MUSCLEBUSTER! He could make the cover but instead locks in the COQUINA CLUTCH! AJ tries to fight out of it but has barely any energy left so passes out within seconds and the referee calls for the bell to end the match!

Winner via submission: Samoa Joe (10:50)

Samoa Joe holds on for an extra few seconds before dropping AJ to the mat and standing up in the middle of the ring looking every bit a dominant monster ahead of Sunday night. AJ is out cold on the mat as the fans boo Samoa Joe.

Michael Cole: Joe picks up another win and his momentum heading into Backlash this Sunday carries on!

Elias: AJ Styles gave it his best shot but another tough loss for him, three weeks in a row and you have to wonder how much this amount of loss for someone like him is going to hurt him.

Samoa Joe doesn’t spend too long posing in the ring and heads up the ramp lifting his arms in the air and celebrates his win at the top of the entrance ramp before turning around… BLACK MASS! Aleister Black lays him out to massive cheers from the crowd!

Michael Cole: Aleister Black getting revenge for last week’s attack by Samoa Joe!

Elias: Black promised that if you hunted him you would soon become the hunted and Joe found out that tonight! What does this mean for Sunday’s main event?

The show comes to an end with Aleister Black taking a seat cross-legged next to Samoa Joe who is still down and out holding his Universal title over Joe whilst in the ring, AJ Styles looks broken after another loss as the show fades to black.

Backlash
Balitmore, Maryland
May 3rd

Universal title match:
Aleister Black © vs Samoa Joe

Cruiserweight title match:
Mustafa Ali © vs Angel Garza

United States title Fight Pit match:
Chad Gable © vs Dominik Dijakovic

World tag team titles tornado tag match:
The Ungovernables © vs The Usos

WWE Women’s tag team titles match:
The Hugging Pirates © vs The Robert Stone Brand

Number one contender’s match for the Universal title:
Andrade Cien Almas vs Sheamus

Tag team match:
The Real Horsewomen (Shayna Baszler and Ronda Rousey) vs Fire and Desire

Street Fight:
Sasha Banks vs Taynara Conti

Grudge match:
Lio Rush vs Apollo Crews

And

A massive announcement:
Becky Lynch addresses her future!

Pre-show:

Singles match:
Noam Dar vs Mansoor

Tag team match:
Team Kick vs The Real Horsewomen (Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir)

EWR Rating:
71%

Tg11

Reaction score
- AJ Styles loses yet another match in the main event against Samoa Joe...Rivalry renewed but Joe gets the win. I would say Joe has all the momentum heading into Backlash especially when it comes to the WWE Universal Championship match against the WWE Universal Champion Aleister Black. I wonder if this means AJ he too takes a sabbatical much like Finn Balor? And AJ disappears for like the next few months and then comes back during the summer?

- Aleister Black gettin his payback after last week hitting Samoa Joe with Black Mass post match to lay out Joe...now I definitely want to see this match happen even more now

- The Chief...The Head of the Table...my Chief your Chief The Tribal Chief Roman Reigns is getting in Naomi's ear a lot now. But I hope this is the beginning of the formation of The Bloodline as a stable. If it is, I hope Roman in the Draft he gets drafted to RAW. If that happens, you have him, The Usos and Naomi on the same show. They could take over RAW from The Ungovernables.

- Here is hoping The Usos turn heel now that Roman's influence has seemingly gotten to Naomi

- Sasha Banks vs Taynara Conti getting into it...I definitely can't wait until this Street Fight happens at Backlash

- Sheamus did have some points he is the best member of The Bar...how many World titles has Cesaro won in his career? None...zero. Sheamus has done it all. Tag Team Championship, WWE United States Championship, Royal Rumble Match winner, Money in the Bank Ladder Match winner, King of the Ring and he's been WWE and World Heavyweight Champion. He's virtually won every title in the WWE except the WWE Universal and WWE Intercontinental Championship. Cesaro is nowhere near Sheamus' level. Neither is Andrade too for that matter. But I guess we will find out at Backlash.

- Fight Pit for the WWE United States Championship...Gable/Dijakovic I can't wait because in the Fight Pit no one can interfere. It is such an enclosed space. No one can get in. No one can get out. Only way to win is by submission or by knockout or by technical knockout. Who does that favor more? Gable or Dijakovic? I would say Gable

- Ronda Rousey is basically showing she's a star and she is because besides being a WWE superstar she's a former UFC star and Ronda does movies too...she is not there every week and I love it because she plays the Hollywood heel so well. And to see her team with Shayna Baszler her Real Horsewomen stalemate who also happens to be Ms Money in the Bank, to take on Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville I can't wait.

- Becky Lynch's announcement is that she and Seth Rollins are having a baby, Becky is pregnant which means she's dropping the RAW Women's Championship which will be vacated

Last edited:

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Mr Mustang, good to see you over here where you clearly were before us refugees haha. Here go my comments on your go-home edition of RAW which as always was a terrific show.

Things I liked

-Black/Joe - Loved the main event and the aftermath, you didn't need to do anything groundbreaking as it has been built up superbly so this was the cherry on top of the cake as we go into the match for the title. Black is going over as he only just won the title at WrestleMania and that is the right call for sure. It should be one hell of a match nonetheless.

-Ungovernables - I think this group is the highlight of this BTB for me. I loved the pairing of Andrade and Zelina and building them out to have a whole stable has been awesome to see. The people that are involved are all great in the ring and I like that they spread across multiple divisions which means they are rarely away from the action.

-The Gable/Ali/Ziggler/Angle tension - This has me really intrigued as I think there are so many different directions you could go with it and I have no idea which route you will take. Ziggler obviously wants the Cruiserweight Title and I wonder if he gets it and joins the group or even replaces Ali in a bit of a twist. It seems some seeds have been planted.

-Women's booking - I think you do a tremendous job of booking the women and making it feel like a major deal and level with the men's main event. The Real Horsewomen, the Robert Stone Brand, Sasha, Naomi, Fire and Desire and Team KICK all came off really well and it is clear you have thought it all out really well.

Things to improve on

-MVP/Apollo Crews pairing - I'll be honest I can't put my finger on this one exactly but I am just not seeing this as a pairing that gets me too excited. Maybe it is because I've never been overly impressed with Apollo Crews and I feel like he has had enough opportunities now that something should have worked if it was going to. MVP is a great manager no doubt.

-An idea - I like you have the EWR rating at the bottom and you know I use it as well. Something I am going to do is post some stuff from the game under the ruse of a wrestling website I think to kind of give readers a peak behind the curtain. I think it is an interesting idea. I'd love to see your overness stats for example.

As always a great read and I really am looking forward to Backlash. Glad you were already over here and I can continue to read your stellar work my friend!

• Love

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Mr Mustang, good to see you over here where you clearly were before us refugees haha. Here go my comments on your go-home edition of RAW which as always was a terrific show.

Things I liked

-Black/Joe - Loved the main event and the aftermath, you didn't need to do anything groundbreaking as it has been built up superbly so this was the cherry on top of the cake as we go into the match for the title. Black is going over as he only just won the title at WrestleMania and that is the right call for sure. It should be one hell of a match nonetheless.

-Ungovernables - I think this group is the highlight of this BTB for me. I loved the pairing of Andrade and Zelina and building them out to have a whole stable has been awesome to see. The people that are involved are all great in the ring and I like that they spread across multiple divisions which means they are rarely away from the action.

-The Gable/Ali/Ziggler/Angle tension - This has me really intrigued as I think there are so many different directions you could go with it and I have no idea which route you will take. Ziggler obviously wants the Cruiserweight Title and I wonder if he gets it and joins the group or even replaces Ali in a bit of a twist. It seems some seeds have been planted.

-Women's booking - I think you do a tremendous job of booking the women and making it feel like a major deal and level with the men's main event. The Real Horsewomen, the Robert Stone Brand, Sasha, Naomi, Fire and Desire and Team KICK all came off really well and it is clear you have thought it all out really well.

Things to improve on

-MVP/Apollo Crews pairing - I'll be honest I can't put my finger on this one exactly but I am just not seeing this as a pairing that gets me too excited. Maybe it is because I've never been overly impressed with Apollo Crews and I feel like he has had enough opportunities now that something should have worked if it was going to. MVP is a great manager no doubt.

-An idea - I like you have the EWR rating at the bottom and you know I use it as well. Something I am going to do is post some stuff from the game under the ruse of a wrestling website I think to kind of give readers a peak behind the curtain. I think it is an interesting idea. I'd love to see your overness stats for example.

As always a great read and I really am looking forward to Backlash. Glad you were already over here and I can continue to read your stellar work my friend!

Thanks dude :). On the Apollo Crews one, it was plan B. I think I'll reveal it in another update but it was meant to be Lashley in this role before EWR took him out (also this is going to be funny when the next new update comes out but that is a spoiler for a few posts time). So Apollo was very much last minute and yeah I think it kind of shows. Something I planned to work on but yeah you'll see soon.

That is a cool idea tbf. I might find it and post it at some point. Though a lot of the most over sadly looking at it are part timers I don't use or the most random people on there lol.

Reactions: Order and Chris

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Thanks dude :). On the Apollo Crews one, it was plan B. I think I'll reveal it in another update but it was meant to be Lashley in this role before EWR took him out (also this is going to be funny when the next new update comes out but that is a spoiler for a few posts time). So Apollo was very much last minute and yeah I think it kind of shows. Something I planned to work on but yeah you'll see soon.

That is a cool idea tbf. I might find it and post it at some point. Though a lot of the most over sadly looking at it are part timers I don't use or the most random people on there lol.
I'm intrigued to see how you use EWR, do you use it for angles as well or mainly matches as you have a lot on your cards? Maybe I'll DM you as I am intrigued.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I'm intrigued to see how you use EWR, do you use it for angles as well or mainly matches as you have a lot on your cards? Maybe I'll DM you as I am intrigued.

Mostly to simulate the matches that happen and to give me injures. I don't really use it to write angles as such but will do segments on the weeks when I have enough to do them (most weeks Raw has room for two segments cause 3 hours)

Reactions: Order

Stojy

Reaction score
Another strong Raw here. Not much in terms of constructive feedback to provide. Loving the step up in interest in the Dolph Ziggler stuff this week, and I'm really enjoying MVP's advances to Lio Rush as well. Looking forward to seeing how that pans out at Backlash.

AJ's angle continues to progress well and whilst I wasn't big on the Wendy stuff in real life, that was a clever little callback there. Makes sense for Joe to be winning all these big matches ahead of the PPV, Black/Joe should be awesome.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Friday Night Smackdown:
May 1st 2020
Albany, New York

Times Union Center

After the opening video finishes playing we cut to the commentary team at ringside after panning around the arena! The crowd is pretty loud as we are in New York!

Byron Saxton: It’s Friday night, you know what that means. Welcome to Friday Night Smackdown!

Corey Graves: And we are starting the show off with a match that has Judgment Day implications!

*WE RIOT*

A much better reaction than normal and a fair few more cheers for THE RIOTT SQUAD than normal being in a smarky city tonight. RUBY RIOTT and SARAH LOGAN are focused tonight knowing they can earn a shot at the Women’s tag team titles that have eluded them so far since they were created.

Byron Saxton: The Riott Squad have felt The Hugging Pirates have been overlooking their brand and due to this Wade Barrett after speaking to Adam Pearce and William Regal made tonight’s number one contender’s match.

Corey Graves: The Riotts don’t wait for opportunities, they take them and their opponents are going to have to be on their game to beat them.

*SPITEFUL*

Cheers from the crowd but ALEXA BLISS doesn’t get as good of a reaction as The Riott Squad as she walks out to the top of the entrance ramp waiting for her partner.

Byron Saxton: Wade granted this opportunity to Alexa Bliss and Melina after they picked up a couple of wins as a team recently.

Corey Graves: But can they defeat the experience their opponents have as a team?

*PAPARAZZI*

A decent reaction from the live crowd as the red carpet is rolled out and MELINA walks out joining her tag team partner at the top of the entrance ramp. They share a hug before walking to the ring together ready for this number one contender’s match.

Byron Saxton: Melina is a veteran of the business who has won as many singles titles as Alexa Bliss but neither has been a tag team champion.

Corey Graves: This is why we are seeing experienced veterans coming back. For opportunities that never came about in their day.

Ruby Riott steps into the ring ready to start for her team whilst Bliss steps into the ring to start for hers. The camera cuts backstage as we can see EMBER MOON the WWE Women’s Champion watching her friend in action when CHARLOTTE FLAIR and LACEY EVANS blindside her! The two heels attack her as we pan back to the ring and see if it is being shown on the titantron distracting Bliss… SO THE RIOTT SQUAD POUNCE! Loud boos from the crowd (for Charlotte and the in-ring attack) as the match gets underway!

Match 1: Number one contender’s match: The Riott Squad vs Alexa Bliss and Melina

Match summary: The attack before the bell really does have an impact on Bliss and Melina’s performance during the match. They can never really get going during it and the experience of The Riott Squad as a team allows them to pick apart Melina and Bliss during the match. The Riott Squad in the end prove to be too much as Logan keeps Bliss busy outside the ring and Ruby hits WE RIOT from the top rope for the win earning a Women’s tag team titles shot!

Winners via pinfall: The Riott Squad (6:02)

Ruby and Logan get to their feet having picked up the win tonight, thanks to some inadvertent help from The Queens of WWE (or was it a distraction on purpose). They taunt the crowd who are still giving them a mixed reaction but more boos than there were before the match started.

Byron Saxton: The Riott Squad wins but not without a massive assist.

Corey Graves: This is why you don’t focus on your friends. If Ember and Alexa were not concerned with watching each other, this might not have happened.

Byron Saxton: You can’t blame Ember for not expecting to be attacked from behind whilst watching her best friend compete.

Corey Graves: When she is about to fight the daughter of the dirtiest player in the game, I can.

We see an angry Bliss gets to her feet soon joined by Melina as they shake their head and we cut to a commercial break as the Riott Squad carry on their celebration.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see EMBER MOON being checked by the medical team. She does not look at all happy as the door opens and KAYLA BRAXTON looks for an interview with her.

Kayla Braxton: Ember, we saw the Queens on WWE attack you backstage and lay you out whilst you were watching your best friend Alexa compete.

Ember shakes her head clearly pissed off.

Ember Moon: Charlotte, you want to keep doing cheap shots? Maybe you know you can’t take this title from me.

She holds up the WWE Women’s title that is next to her before carrying on.

Ember Moon: I mean your sidekick certainly couldn’t do it.

Shots fired as the door opens and ALEXA BLISS walks in looking very blissed off!

Alexa Bliss: How are you feeling?

Ember Moon: Probably the same as you,

Alexa nods.

Alexa Bliss: Good, I’m hoping you are blissed off because that’s the kind of fire you’ll need to stay champion.

Ember listens to her friend nodding.

Ember Moon: So let’s bring back Blissmoon for at least one week and kick their ass.

Bliss fit bumps Ember.

Alexa Bliss: Agreed. You think you can mess with us Charlotte? Do you remember what happened last year when you fought us?

Ember Moon: We kicked their ass so Wade, make the match.

We see a determined Blissmoon looking on at the camera as we cut elsewhere backstage…

As we see TITUS O’NEIL standing backstage next to AKIRA TOZAWA. Titus has a big smile on his face and shares a hug with his former tag team partner.

Titus O’Neil: Akira, it’s good to see you again.

They break the hug as Akira bows at Titus showing his respect.

Akira Tozawa:
And you Titus. Whilst we are on the same brand, I’ll always have your back.

Titus smiles as Akira turns to the camera with a serious look on his face.

Akira Tozawa: Cedric, what happened? You used to be honorable. Now you are a coward! AHA!

Titus O’Neil:
Maybe it was the influence of Shelton or maybe you were always like this?

Akira Tozawa: I want to fight you in the ring next week! Fight me, coward!

Titus O’Neil: And I’ll be there to keep Dio Maddin from getting involved. For once you’ll have to do it by yourself.

Akira turns to Titus.

Akira Tozawa: Titus WORDWIIIDE!

Both men high-five each other as the promo comes to an end and we cut elsewhere backstage to see…

ROMAN REIGNS arriving at the arena! He looks pretty annoyed as she walks in with his suitcase but is stopped by KEVIN PATRICK who is looking for an interview!

Kevin Patrick:
Roman, Roman. Can I get a few words ahead of your contract signing in the main event?

Roman stops and gives Kevin a dirty look as he turns around to face the interviewer.

Roman Reigns: You’ve got a minute.

Kevin Patrick: Tonight you sign the contract for your three stages of hell match at Judgment Day in Drew’s home country of Scotland. What are you planning to pick for your stipulation?

Roman looks at him dismissively.

Roman Reigns:
You’ll find out on my time, not yours.

Roman barges past Kevin Patrick and carries on walking down the hallway having given the interviewer a non-answer as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

*SHER (LION)*

When we return from the commercial break, JINDER MAHAL is making his way to the ring with his usual scowl on his face. He climbs inside and shouts abuse at the fans whilst waiting to see who he will be wrestling tonight.

*NO MORE WORDS*

A loud pop as always as JEFF HARDY makes his way out to the delight of the live crowd. He seems to be in a slightly better mood tonight as he walks to the ring and does his usual dance as he heads to the ring.

Byron Saxton: Welcome back to Smackdown Live and right now we will see two former World Champions collide!

Corey Graves:
Jeff Hardy is two weeks away from a No Disqualifications match with The Fiend Bray Wyatt and will need a win tonight to keep his momentum ahead of that match.

Byron Saxton: Going into a fight with the Fiend is a scary experience after we saw what he did to the Demon King at Wrestlemania.

Corey Graves: The chance for Jeff Hardy to try to take down the monster with weapons might be his only chance.

Jeff Hardy is in the ring as Jinder Mahal mocks him but Jeff just ignores him as the referee calls for the bell to get this match underway!

Match 2: Jeff Hardy vs Jinder Mahal

Match summary: Jinder has the power advantage but Jeff is much more aggressive than usual. He fires off on Jinder early on and it shocks Jinder how much anger is being shown by Jeff. Jeff does make a couple of mistakes due to how aggressive he is and Jinder using his power tries to take advantage of this but in the end, Jeff connects with the TWIST OF FATE before climbing to the top rope to hit the SWANTON BOMB! Jeff hooks the leg and picks up the win!

Winner via pinfall: Jeff Hardy (5:27)

Cheers from the crowd as Jeff Hardy gets back to his feet after a win over a former WWE Champion tonight. He doesn’t seem as into the celebration and playing to the crowd as normal however.

Byron Saxton: A good win for Jeff Hardy ahead of his clash with The Fiend Bray Wyatt next week.

Corey Graves: Beating a former World Champion is no easy feat but will it prepare him for Judgment Day?

Jeff Hardy carries on celebrating in the ring until… WE HEAR ONE OF THE LIGHTS GO OUT! Jeff reacts instantly and heads to the outside of the ring to grab a steel chair as the lights go out one by one putting the arena in darkness. Jeff can be heard off-mic shouting come and fight me but it stays in total darkness. Jeff waits in the ring and bangs the chair on the mat a few times daring him to come out… AS A RED LIGHT APPEARS AND THE FIEND IS AT THE TOP OF THE RAMP!

The Fiend stands at the top of the ramp and tilts his head as he stares at Jeff Hardy! The charismatic enigma challenges him to come to the ring and fight him right now. The Fiend just stares at him before the lights go out again and when they come back he is gone! Boos from the crowd for the tease of a fight as Jeff slams the chair down and tosses it away in anger shouting “where are you Bray?” before storming up the entrance ramp and to the back.

Byron Saxton: Mind games from The Fiend Bray Wyatt tonight.

Corey Graves: Bray knows how badly Jeff wants to fight him and was playing with that.

Byron Saxton: Tension as always running high on Smackdown Live.

Corey Graves:
Well speaking of that, let’s take a look at something that took place backstage earlier tonight between British Strong Style and Buddy Murphy.

We cut to what looks like a gym as BUDDY MURPHY is working out and is clearly in a bad mood. As he is working out we see PETE DUNNE and TRENT SEVEN walk into the room. Murphy looks at them before carrying on as Trent Seven approaches him.

Trent Seven: Buddy, we were over in the UK seeing family so we weren’t here to see it firsthand but a truly great performance against Drew McIntyre.

Trent sticks out his hand as Buddy looks at it with disgust. He stops what he is doing and gets into the face of Trent!

Buddy Murphy: Are you mocking me?

Trent looks confused whilst Dunne has his signature scowl.

Trent Seven: No not at all. I meant it. Your performance was very good and showed everyone how good you are.

Buddy Murphy: Do you see the WWE title around my waist right now?

Pete Dunne: No.

Murphy looks to Dunne before back at Trent.

Buddy Murphy: Exactly. So unless you want a fight, don’t come here to congratulate me on failure.

Murphy goes to leave but Dunne steps in the way teasing tension but Trent steps in between them.

Trent Seven:
If that’s what you want, I’ll speak to Wade and you’ll face me in the ring next week.

Murphy doesn’t speak and just shoulder checks the pair of them before storming off. Dunne thinks about going after him to fight Buddy but Trent stops him shaking his head as we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see CEDRIC ALEXANDER and DIO MADDIN standing backstage in nice suits and sunglasses with Cedric taking his off and putting them in his suit pocket as he looks to speak.

Cedric Alexander: Akira, welcome back to Smackdown Live. I see you’re already making poor choices.

Cedric chuckles at his own joke whilst Dio stands behind him stoic.

Cedric Alexander:
I know Titus is an old friend but bringing back Titus Worldwide? You should have stayed out of my way.

Cedric gets serious as he gets closer to the camera.

Cedric Alexander: Now I’ll do what I did when we were in the Cruiserweight division together and dominate!

Dio Maddin steps forward speaking for once.

Dio Maddin: He’s going to send you back to NXT!

Cedric nods and takes back over.

Cedric Alexander:
I’ll see you next week Akira.

Cedric and Dio walk off bringing the promo to an end as we cut to the commentary team at ringside.

Byron Saxton: Well I’m getting word another two matches have been made official for next week’s Smackdown Live.

Corey Graves: Cedric Alexander will take on Akira Tozawa in a rematch from their days in the Cruiserweight division.

Byron Saxton: Not only that but we will see Buddy Murphy take on Trent Seven as well.

Corey Graves: Next week is already looking action-packed but right now we are about to hear from the Intercontinental Champion The Miz!

*I CAME TO PLAY*

A mixed reaction from the live crowd as even as a face THE MIZ isn’t always popular with smarky crowds. He is joined by his wife MARYSE as he walks out with the Intercontinental title over his shoulder and proudly shows it off to the live crowd!

Byron Saxton: Last week Miz and Morrison lost due to a mix-up between them and that now means at Judgment Day, the Intercontinental title will be on the line in a triple threat match.

Corey Graves:
Bryan used his cunning to cause it sending Bryan into the flying chuck from John Morrison and now he might be about to get his title back.

Byron Saxton: And it is quite noticeable The Miz is out here without John Morrison by his side.

Corey Graves: John Morrison is in action later on tonight against Kofi Kingston so maybe he is preparing for that. Kofi is a former WWE Champion.

Miz holds the ropes open for his wife before giving her a kiss. He is passed a microphone by someone at ringside and stands in the middle of the ring ready to speak.

The Miz: Last week, myself and Morrison made a mistake that cost us.

Miz shakes his head.

The Miz: He hit me in the face by mistake and Bryan used it to pounce as only he can. So now this will be on the line in a triple threat match!

Cheers from the crowd excited to see the match but Miz shakes his head clearly not happy about it.

The Miz: I’ve tried to talk to John during the week about it and…

Miz pauses for a moment giving a look to his wife.

The Miz:
He has refused to answer my calls or texts.

Miz shakes his head as the crowd boos John Morrison ignoring him.

The Miz: Maybe he is worried I am angry at him for making a mistake but I can assure you, I’m not. I know it was a mistake and we all make them.

Miz looks genuinely upset as he speaks looking down at the mat before looking back at the camera.

The Miz: So I came out here to speak to you face to face.

Cheers from the crowd as all drama in wrestling needs to be solved in the ring.

The Miz: John let’s talk this out here and now.

Miz sticks his arms out and waits but there is no sign of him.

The Miz: Come on Johnny, let’s not keep these fans waiting.

Once again no response from John Morrison.

The Miz: OK fine in that case…

*FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES*

A massive pop from the live crowd as it is DANIEL BRYAN walking out with a microphone in his hand and he is joined at the top of the entrance ramp by ERICK ROWAN! Miz and Maryse are unimpressed in the ring as Bryan speaks.

Daniel Bryan: Does your friend hate you as much as everyone else does?

Cheers from the crowd as Miz rolls his eyes but Bryan carries on.

Daniel Bryan: But I want to thank you two. Thank you for being so incompetent that I got what should have been rightfully mine. A rematch for that Intercontinental title!

Bryan points at Miz in the ring but Miz fires back.

The Miz: Well done, you got your rematch after I beat you at Wrestlemania! I guess I’ll get to kick your ass again!

Miz is getting fired up as Bryan chuckles to himself.

Daniel Bryan:
Miz, you got lucky at Wrestlemania! And I considered leaving you alone until you desecrated my title.

The Miz: More like improved it!

Daniel Bryan: NO NO NO!

Bryan is getting heated as Rowan rolls his eyes next to him.

Daniel Bryan: You did further damage to the planet by making that title because your ego couldn’t handle holding something I created. You had to have your own title!

Miz shakes his head.

The Miz: No I did what the fans wanted and got rid of that awful title you created!

Loud cheers from the crowd as Miz gets them back on side.

The Miz:
Now if you have such a problem with what I did to your title, why don’t you come to this ring right now?

Cheers from the crowd as Miz drops the microphone and noticeably Rowan looks to step forward but Bryan stops him!

Daniel Bryan: No Erick, we do not perform on Miz’s time!

Boos from the crowd as Bryan looks at the fans but focuses on Miz.

Daniel Bryan:
Miz I will give you the beating you are due at Judgment Day!

Loud boos from the crowd as Bryan turns to leave.

Daniel Bryan: If John doesn’t beat you up first!

Bryan drops the microphone on that line as Miz off-mic shouts “what did you say?” clearly pissed off at Daniel Bryan. Maryse has to in the ring calm him down as Bryan takes one last look at Miz in the ring and smirks.

Byron Saxton: Things might be about to get heated between Miz and Daniel Bryan once again.

Corey Graves: These two men might truly be destined to fight forever.

Byron Saxton: But the tension between Morrison and Miz is building ahead of Judgment Day.

Corey Graves: Well we do have to wonder if John Morrison has anything to say about his best friend.

We focus on The Miz in the ring as we quickly cut backstage…

As we see JOHN MORRISON and FRANKY MONET are watching everything that just went down. John has a serious look on his face before kissing his wife and they leave the TV heading down the hallway towards the ring.

Byron Saxton: Well I’m getting word from backstage that John Morrison will be in action next against Kofi Kingston! Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

Big E: Albany, New York! Don’t you dare be sour! Clap your hands for your former WWE Champion Kofi Kingston and feel the power!

*NEW DAY NEW WAY*

A loud pop from the live crowd as KOFI KINGSTON makes his way out to the ring and is joined by XAVIER WOODS as well. Both men are in good spirits as they slap hands with the fans on the way to the ring.

Byron Saxton: Welcome back to Smackdown Live and right now we are going to see Kofi Kingston taking on John Morrison.

Corey Graves: Kofi challenged John to this match after some choice words said by Morrison to his close friend Woods.

Byron Saxton: Kofi is also coming off a tough loss at Wrestlemania to Karrion Kross and will be looking to get back on track.

Corey Graves:
But John Morrison is also coming off a big loss having been pinned by Daniel Bryan last week.

*AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE*

And loud boos from the live crowd as JOHN MORRISON walks out with FRANKY MONET by his side. John soaks in the reaction and noticeably acts like the crowd are cheering for him before doing his slow-motion entrance. Franky meanwhile just looks at the fans with total disdain as they head to the ring.

Byron Saxton: John now knows his one-on-one title shot at Judgment Day will be a triple threat match where he doesn’t even have to be involved in the decision to lose.

Corey Graves: And he can hardly afford another loss going into the title match at Judgment Day. If Kofi pins him tonight, he has an argument to be added to the match as well!

Byron Saxton: However do you think his wife is a bad influence on him?

Corey Graves: I mean John is his own man and we don’t know much about Franky yet.

John has stepped into the ring and stands across from Kofi Kingston as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway!

Match 3: John Morrison w/Franky Monet vs Kofi Kingston w/Xavier Woods

Match summary: The match starts off at a fast pace due to their unique styles. Kofi however is the one more in control of the match throughout and Morrison has to take a powder on more than one occasion. Each time Franky can be seen giving instructions to her husband which leads to Woods and Kofi mocking them. This seems to be enough to piss Morrison off who gets a lot more aggressive at this point and really lays into Kofi with a series of shots. Morrison also makes sure to make full use of the referee’s count once in the corner causing Woods to get into it with Morrison from the outside.

Franky confronts him and the two argue at ringside but nothing happens psychically. Kofi starts to make a comeback in the ring whilst this is going on and nearly gets the win in the end as he connects with SOS ON JOHN MORRISON! John kicks out and catches Kofi on the rebound with the FLYING CHUCK BUT KOFI KICKS OUT AT 2! Morrison is furious and slams the mat as he argues with the referee but he gets told it is a 2! Morrison then heads towards the corner and looks for STARSHIP PAIN…

KOFI GETS HIS KNEES UP!
Morrison clutches his rib cage as he stumbles back and Kofi gets ready to go for TROUBLE IN PARADISE… FRANKY GRABS HIS FOOT DISTRACTING HIM! Kofi turns around and Woods points it out to the referee… as MORRISON KICKS HIM IN THE DICK! Massive heat from the crowd and even Woods didn’t see as Morrison quickly heads to the rope and hits STARSHIP PAIN! Morrison gets the referee’s attention and makes the cover picking up a win over a former WWE Champion!

Winner via pinfall: John Morrison (9:56)

John Morrison gets to his feet getting loud boos from the crowd but he doesn’t care and acts like they are cheering him. Franky Monet slides into the ring and hugs his husband as they share a kiss (more like a snog in the ring).

Byron Saxton:
John Morrison steals the victory thanks to Franky!

Corey Graves: Listen a good wife supports her husband. Behind every great man is a great woman, Bryon.

Byron Saxton: I’m aware of the phrase Corey.

Corey Graves: I wasn’t sure if you’ve ever been with a woman Saxton.

After that burn, we can see Xavier Woods checking on Kofi Kingston in the ring as both men look furious whilst Franky and Morrison carry on their celebration as they head up the ramp and we cut to a commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see JOHN MORRISON and FRANKY MONET walking through the back. John Morrison is sipping a bottle of water as they approach the medical room.

John Morrison:
Franky, with you by my side I’ll become Intercontinental Champion!

He kisses his wife who breaks and smiles.

Franky Monet: Listen to me and you will achieve the success you deserve.

John nods and heads into the trainer's room leaving his wife to walk off as THE TWISTED SISTERS walk past prompting a dirty look from Franky. Nikki though seems to be in a good mood and jumps up with excitement.

Nikki Cross:
Do you want to play Franky? I want to play.

Franky gives her a disgusted look before responding.

Franky Monet:
I do not play darling. And if I didn’t it wouldn’t be with the likes of you.

Nikki looks a bit upset as Isla chimes in.

Isla Dawn: C’mon Nikki, snobs like her are not worthy of a witch’s time. She’s too busy fighting her husband's battle to fight anyway!

Isla Dawn walks off leading Nikki Cross elsewhere as Franky Monet is left standing there furious as we cut back to the commentary team at ringside.

Byron Saxton: Well it looks like the Twisted Sisters are not fans of Franky Monet.

Corey Graves: From what I’ve heard about Franky Monet, she is not just someone’s wife. She has been a champion around the world and will soon prove it in WWE.

*DEAD SILENT*

Loud boos from the crowd as smoke starts to fill the arena and KARRION KROSS slowly makes his way out. He is dressed in a long black leather cape and wearing sunglasses with red crosses on them. He cuts an intimidating presence as he slowly walks to the ring with his wife singing in the background.

Byron Saxton: It looks like we are about to hear from the doomsday sire, Karrion Kross ahead of his match with Big E at Judgment Day.

Corey Graves: And Big E has in my opinion, foolishly put his Money in the Bank briefcase on the line!

Byron Saxton:
Big E clearly feels confident in his ability to defeat Karrion Kross and is willing to put whatever he needs to on the line to get the match.

Corey Graves: But anything can happen in that ring and Karrion Kross is unbeaten since arriving in the WWE.

The smoke still surrounds the ring but starts to fade as Kross stands in the ring twirling his microphone before speaking.

Karrion Kross: In just over a week, I will soon have a ticket to the top in my hands.

Loud boos from the crowd who hate that idea and boo the hell out of it. Kross seems to enjoy their disgust.

Karrion Kross: People generally are not a fan of doomsday but it will arrive for all.

He walks around the ring with a sinister smirk as he carries on his speech.

Karrion Kross: But not everyone welcomes it with open arms like The New Day.

A small “New Day rocks” chant starts up with makes Kross respond with total disgust.

Karrion Kross: The positivity they try to spread to you people, it is disgusting and false.

Loud boos as Kross walks toward the hard camera and points directly at it.

Karrion Kross: There is no such thing as a happy ending. Everything dies.

Lance Archer is on the phone about gimmick infringement.

Karrion Kross: You are all sheep being led to the slaughter with some nice merchandise on the way to your end.

We see the camera cutting to the booing crowd as we see some kids with New Day merch on.

Karrion Kross: There are no friends in this world. Not in the face of doom yet you tried to stop me together, costing me my Royal Rumble victory.

A sense of bitterness in the voice of Kross.

Karrion Kross: So I’ve looked to destroy them by beating them all.

He clenches his fist before looking back at the camera.

Karrion Kross: And I have beaten them all… yet they didn’t break.

Cheers from the crowd mocking Kross who glares at them.

Karrion Kross:
But I now know how to break them. To end the positivity. To destroy the friendship of the New Day.

A wicked smile appears on his face.

Karrion Kross: Because Big E is the heart and the soul of the New Day.

A “Big E” chant starts up in the crowd which at first angers Karrion Kross but it soon turns to a smile.

Karrion Kross:
Yes chant his name. Bring him out because I want him to hear this next bit personally.

Kross smiles and sticks his arms out smirking sinisterly as he waits until…

*FEEL THE POWER*

A massive pop from the live crowd as BIG E walks out in street clothes though he has the NEW DAY COLOURED MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE IN HIS HAND! He marches to the ring and grabs a microphone from someone at ringside before getting in the ring, right in Kross’s smirking face!

Big E:
You’ve lost your damn mind if you think you can break me or them!

Loud cheers as Kross keeps on smirking.

Big E:
I will never let someone like you win! This briefcase will stay with me and I will cash in for Kofimania moment!

Kross shakes his head smirking.

Karrion Kross: There will be no moment. There will be no dream. Miracles don’t happen twice.

Big E looks ready to punch him but Kross almost welcomes it stopping him from doing it.

Big E: I’m not falling for your games, Kross. You can keep talking about breaking me but you never will. And at Judgment Day, I will do what no one else has managed. Beat you.

Big E walks off not wanting to play Kross’s games any longer but Kross lets out an evil chuckle causing E to stop by the ropes.

Karrion Kross: You can claim that but no one expects to fall before they actually do. And when I take your ticket to the top, you’ll realize your friends were right and that will be what truly eats you up inside.

Kross drops the microphone signifying he has finished his speech as Big E glares at him in the ring by the ropes maybe taking what Kross just said to heart?

Byron Saxton: Strong words from both men ahead of Judgment Day with the Money in the Bank briefcase on the line.

Corey Graves: But is Kross right? If Big E loses his shot at the top, could it be enough to break Big E? Would Big E be mad at his friends for not talking him out of it?

Byron Saxton: Any other unit in WWE history I might buy it Corey but the New Day are a brotherhood like no other in wrestling.

Corey Graves: Well up next, we are about to see Kevin Owens in action ahead of Judgment Day! Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we can see NXT superstar Tesco’s Finest KONA REEVES standing in the ring taunting the crowd and looking like a smug prick as the fans wait for…

*FIGHT*

A massive pop from the live crowd as KEVIN OWENS walks out onto the entrance ramp and he doesn’t look to be in a good mood as he starts to head out.

Byron Saxton: Next week at Judgment Day Kevin Owens will be looking to not only beat Randy Orton but to end his career.

Corey Graves: Byron, being real Randy will be looking to do the same thing.

Before much else can be said by commentary however Kona Reeves has grabbed a microphone from someone at ringside.

Kona Reeves: Kev, Kev stop I’ve got something to say.

Kevin stops on the ramp but is clearly not in the mood for this.

Kona Reeves: I know you are upset about your friend Sami…

Kona pressed the Sami button. Shouldn’t have done that.

Kona Reeves: But you will be seeing him real soon. Hell, you won’t even be seeing Randy when I’m done with you.

Kevin has heard enough as he sprints to the ring but Kona keeps running his mouth.

Kona Reeves: But that’s what happens when you fight the Fine…

KEVIN OWENS HEADBUTTS HIM! Kona falls back and Owens keeps pounding on him viciously and furiously! The referee warns Kevin Owens about what he is doing but Owens screams at him to ring the bell! The referee clearly worried does what he said and gets the match officially underway!

Match 4: Kevin Owens vs Kona Reeves

Match summary: Kevin Owens just fucking batters Kona Reeves. He hits him with all of his signature moves including his cannonball senton. He drags Kona to the middle of the ring and hits him with a STUNNER! KO though has no intention of making the cover and scoops Kona up hitting a POP-UP POWERBOMB! KO isn’t done and hits ANOTHER 3 BEFORE THE REFEREE FINALLY CALLS FOR THE BELL STOPPING THE MATCH!

Winner via referee stoppage: Kevin Owens (1:31)

The bell rings as the timekeepers confirm that Owens has won via referee stoppage, as the crowd cheers wildly for Kevin Owens and shout “ONE MORE TIME, ONE MORE TIME”! Kevin is full of rage and gladly obliges as he picks up Kona Reeves and hits ANOTHER STUNNER! Kona falls backward and stumbles back into the ropes falling out of the ring as the crowd wildly cheers for Kevin Owens. He looks to follow after Kona so the referee tries to stop him… KEVIN OWENS HEADBUTTS THE REFEREE!

Byron Saxton: Kevin Owens has snapped.

Corey Graves: And he will be getting a fine for assaulting a referee tonight!

Kevin though doesn’t seem to give a damn as he rolls out of the ring and SENDS KONA INTO THE BARRICADE WITH AUTHORITY! He yanks him up by his hair and slaps him a few times before sending him into the STEEL STEPS SENDING THEM FLYING! Kevin then looks at Kona and the ring apron having evil intentions! He grabs Kona off the ring floor, with Kona clearly out for the count right now but Owens wants to end him as he hits THE POP-UP POWERBOMB ONTO THE RING APRON! A massive pop from the live crowd but straight after hitting it, Kevin Owens is swarmed by security who looks to stop him from actually murdering Kona Reeves right now!

Byron Saxton:
Well it’s about time security came out here to stop Kevin even though Kona was asking for it.

Corey Graves: I wonder what Randy Orton must be thinking watching this backstage.

We see the security forcing Kevin Owens to the back as he tries to break free whilst medics check on Kona Reeves and make sure he is OK. We fade away from that and cut to…

RANDY ORTON watching the carnage on a monitor backstage and maybe for one of the few times in his career, he is slightly worried. He is soon though approached by KAYLA BRAXTON looking for an interview.

Kayla Braxton: Randy, what are your thoughts on what we’ve just seen?

Randy takes a moment before turning around and slyly smiling at Kayla.

Randy Orton: Kevin has lost his temper. Maybe the old Kevin is there after all. But it doesn’t matter.

Randy is now starting to smile a bit more confidently, almost like he is convincing himself.

Randy Orton: I can control my rage. My temper whilst you saw Owens explode at the mention of his best friend. What happened at Wrestlemania Kayla?

Kayla Braxton: You won Randy.

Randy Orton: Exactly. And I won due to Kevin being unable to control his temper leading to a mistake. The same thing will happen at Judgment Day.

Randy Orton smirks to himself as he walks off bringing the interview to an end as we cut to a locker room backstage…

And we see DREW MCINTYRE is sat down in a locker room wearing his street clothes with his WWE title next to him. He is clearly deep in thought when he is interrupted by KEVIN PATRICK!

Kevin Patrick:
Drew, in tonight’s main event you sign the contract to make the three stages of hell match in your home country of Scotland official. Any insight into the stipulation you will pick for one of the falls?

Drew stares off into the distance and shakes his head.

Drew McIntyre: I’ll tell Roman to his face the kind of match I’m going to beat him in.

Kevin Patrick: As I just mentioned, you will defend that title in your home country of Scotland. How much will that mean to you?

Drew smiles slightly.

Drew McIntyre: It will mean the world to me. Defending that title in front of my family, after all the work I did to get back here. Everything I missed, losing my mother…

Drew noticeably has to stop himself from shedding a tear as he thinks about his fallen mother.

Drew McIntyre: This is what I worked for. This title is proof I am the best in the world and Roman will learn that Wrestlemania wasn’t a fluke, it was a changing of the guard!

Kevin Patrick: Thanks for your time, Drew.

Kevin brings the interview to a close as the camera focuses in on Drew and the show goes to another commercial break.

Ad break

When we return from the commercial break, we are once again backstage as we can see HEAVY MACHINERY walking through the back. The tag team champions are talking to each other until they are blindsided by THE WAR RAIDERS! Their challengers at Judgement Day lay into them and toss the champions around taking them off-guard! Otis and Tucker try to fight back but the challengers overwhelm them and lifts them both into the air as they slam THEM THROUGH SOME TABLES IN THE HALLWAY! The War Raiders bend down and pick up the tag team titles as they look at them smirking to themselves happy with their handiwork before leaving them on the laid-out champions and walking off elsewhere as we cut to another part of the backstage area…

And we once again see KAYLA BRAXTON standing ready for an interview! A busy night for her for sure.

Kayla Braxton: It’s been a packed Smackdown Live and we aren’t finished just yet. Please welcome my guests at this time The Last Outlaws!

BOBBY ROODE and JAMES STORM walk into the shot in similar cowboy-like attires drinking beer bottles as they walk up to Kayla.

Kayla Braxton: James after you picked up the win over R-Truth you choose to pour the remainder of your beer onto him which was seen as disrespectful. Why did you do it?

James chuckles as Bobby steps forward.

Bobby Roode: Because we can. We are not here to be respectful, we are here to win titles and the more wins we pick up, the closer to the gold we get.

James Storm:
R-Truth it was nothing personal. Sorry about your damn luck but you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Both take a swig from their beers before clinking them together as they turn back to Kayla.

Kayla Braxton: So what is next for you two?

Before The Last Outlaws can answer the question, we see the duo get approached by LUCHA HOUSE PARTY! Lince Dorado steps forward and gets in the face of Bobby Roode.

Lince Dorado: What you two did to a man we respect was just vile.

Gran Metalik nods agreeing with his partner but it is clear that The Last Outlaws don’t care.

Bobby Roode: Well we don’t respect him and we certainly don’t respect you.

James Storm: And if you want to do something about it, we can meet you in the ring!

Bobby Roode: Tell you what James, maybe it’s my turn to return to singles action. Lince, you want to try stepping up…

Bobby noticeably mocks the height difference earning a chuckle from Storm.

Bobby Roode: I’ll speak to Wade and make sure you two learn your place.

The Last Outlaws finish their beers and drop the bottles on the floor walking off as Lucha House Party shake their head and looks disgusted by the disrespect as we cut to the commentary team at ringside.

Byron Saxton: Looks like The Last Outlaws are making plenty of enemies within the Smackdown locker room.

Corey Graves: But Lince Dorado might be in for a shock against a former United States Champion in Bobby Roode.

In the ring as the commentary team is talking, we can see R-TRUTH ready for action as CARMELLA and LIV MORGAN look to cheer on R-Truth from ringside.

*I BRING THE DARKNESS (END OF DAYS)*

Loud boos from the crowd as BARON CORBIN walks out with a smug look on his face. He taunts the crowd before walking down the entrance ramp with a purpose, ignoring Carmella and Liv Morgan at ringside.

Byron Saxton: Baron Corbin looking to pick up another win and get himself in line for a shot at the Intercontinental title.

Corey Graves: Corbin has gone years without holding a title in the WWE. Could twenty-twenty be the year he corrects that?

Corbin steps over the ropes and stands across from R-Truth. Corbin shakes his head and mocks Truth for appealing to these fans as the referee calls for the bell to get the match underway.

Match 5: Baron Corbin vs R-Truth w/Carmella and Liv Morgan

Match summary: Baron Corbin controls the majority of the match which angers the crowd but he uses his power and size to lay into Truth. Truth does make a small fight back and even teases he might defeat Baron Corbin. However in the end Corbin slams R-Truth down with a DEEP SIX and makes the cover picking up a second win in a row on Smackdown Live!

Winner via pinfall: Baron Corbin (3:25)

Baron Corbin gets back to his feet and celebrates another victory on Smackdown Live. Carmella and Liv Morgan bend down to make sure R-Truth is OK as the crowd boos the result loudly.

Byron Saxton:
Corbin with the win over R-Truth tonight and is furthering his case for a future Intercontinental title shot.

Corey Graves: The people may not like it but Corbin is on a roll right now and might soon be a champion on Smackdown!

Baron Corbin carries on his gloating in the ring and taunts the live crowd in the ring further angering them before we cut to a spilt screen…

As we see ROMAN REIGNS and DREW MCINTYRE both heading toward the ring!

Byron Saxton: Up next we have our main event as the contract for the main event of Judgment Day is signed and we confirm the stipulation in place for the three stages of hell match for the WWE title. Don’t go anywhere!

Ad break

*GOD SAVE THE QUEEN/END OF DAYS*

Cheers from the live crowd as we return from the commercial break and the Smackdown Live Commissioner WADE BARRETT walks to the ring in his finest suit ahead of tonight’s Judgment Day main event contract signing.

Byron Saxton: Welcome back to our main event where Drew McIntyre and Roman Reigns sign the contract to make their three stages of hell match at Judgment Day official.

Corey Graves: We have seen very few three stages of hell matches in WWE history and every one of them has been a brutal encounter where the men involved don’t come out the same.

Byron Saxton: And we are yet to confirm what the stipulations will be for the match.

Corey Graves: One picked by the champion, one picked by the challenger and one picked by our commissioner Wade Barrett!

Wade is now standing in the ring as the crowd starts to quieten down and he stands behind the table ready to get this underway.

Wade Barrett:
Albany, New York!

Cheap pop from the crowd.

Wade Barrett: Tonight has been what I aim to provide as Smackdown commissioner. A jam-packed show for you fans.

Another cheap pop but even louder as Barrett stands stoic in the ring.

Wade Barrett: But right now, let’s make the main event of Judgment Day official and find out the stipulations for the match!

Loud cheers from the crowd ready to get our main event underway.

Wade Barrett:
First of all let’s bring out the challenger Roman Reigns!

*THE EMPIRE*

Loud boos from the live crowd as ROMAN REIGNS walks out with a stern look on his face. He is in a jeans and shirt as he walks to the ring with a scowl on his face. He side-eyes the fans before stepping through the ropes and inside the ring. He looks at Wade with disgust before taking a seat at the head of the table!

Wade Barrett: Thank you, Roman.

Roman just gives him a glare and doesn’t acknowledge him as Wade carries on.

Wade Barrett: And now time to bring out the WWE Champion…

Noticeably that line makes Roman clench his fist even more angry in the background.

Wade Barrett:
Drew McIntyre!

*BROKEN DREAMS*

Loud cheers from the live crowd as DREW MCINTYRE slowly walks out with the WWE title over his shoulder. He lifts it into the air getting loud cheers from the fans as he takes his time. In the ring, Roman gets more and more pissed off the longer it takes for him to get to the ring. Once Drew McIntyre steps inside the ring he shares a hug with Wade Barrett before taking a seat on the chair and comes face to face with Roman.

Wade Barrett: Thank you, Drew.

Drew nods at his friend as Roman looks on furious still.

Wade Barrett: Now before we get the contract signed, we need to confirm the stipulations for the three stages of hell match at Judgment Day!

Both men involved in the match at Judgment Day don’t flinch as they are glaring at each other across the table!

Wade Barrett: So Drew as champion I will allow you to pick the first…

Roman Reigns: Oh it’s because he is the champion is it?

Loud boos from the crowd as Roman shakes his head.

Roman Reigns: The reason he is going to pick first is that he is your mate. It’s pure nepotism to keep the head of the table away from my title!

Drew McIntyre: If it’s your title, how come I’m the one holding it!

Roman gets up and Drew gets in his face as the two men look ready to explode already as Wade has to step in to stop a fight from breaking out.

Wade Barrett: Enough. We need to get through this and sign the contract!

Wade sounds angry as Drew speaks up looking directly at Roman.

Drew McIntyre: Y’know what Roman I’ll let you pick the first stipulation if you are so worried about me and Wade stacking the deck. You pick the first match so you have the advantage right at the start!

Roman smirks as the crowd get behind Drew McIntyre cheering loudly for the WWE Champion.

Roman Reigns:
That’s your mistake Drew. You care what people think about you. Especially these people.

Cheap heat but it is very loud as the New York crowd does not react well to Roman.

Roman Reigns: It took me years to stop caring about these fans but when I finally did, it was the best year of my career!

Drew McIntyre:
Until you ran into me!

Loud cheers for Drew as the crowd start up a chant for him as Roman is clearly heated.

Roman Reigns: You got lucky at Wrestlemania! You can beat me once but twice? No, at Judgment Day it will be a clean sweep! I won’t even need the third fall!

Loud boos for the boast by Roman as Drew remains unfazed.

Roman Reigns: So how am I going to beat you first all? Well, it’s time you learn your place, below the head of the table. So I’m picking a tables match!

Cheers from the crowd but not much reaction for that stipulation.

Roman Reigns: And put you through a table, breaking it just like I’m going to break you and these fans' hearts, that will force them to acknowledge me!

Loud boos as Roman takes a seat back at the head of the table as Drew looks to respond.

Drew McIntyre: Roman, you want to pick a tables match due to being obsessed with your self-proclaimed title? That’s fine because I send you through as many tables as needed to keep this title!

Loud cheers from the crowd as Drew is clearly fired up.

Drew McIntyre: Now my stipulation, when I fight you at Judgment Day we are in my territory. My home country of Scotland!

Drew is getting very passionate here as he talks about his homeland.

Drew McIntyre: And when we step into Glasgow the second fall will be a Glasgow Street Fight!

Loud cheers from the crowd as Roman remains unfazed as the two men stare each other down as Wade Barrett looks to speak now.

Wade Barrett: Thank you, gentleman. Now if it goes to a third fall, we need a stipulation to make it clear this is the final battle between you two.

The hatred is pouring off the two men after this 18-month-long feud.

Wade Barrett:
So if it goes to the final fall you two will step into HELL IN A CELL ONE LAST TIME!

Massive cheers from the crowd with the massive stipulation being confirmed for the match.

Wade Barrett: Now it’s time for you two to sign the contract!

Wade gestures at the table as Drew signs it first before sliding it towards Roman who takes a moment before signing it as well. Wade picks up the contract and looks at the two men.

Wade Barrett: And the main event of Judgment Day is official. So…

As Wade is speaking ROMAN CHEAP SHOTS DREW TO LOUD BOOS FROM THE CROWD! Wade turns around and grabs Roman as he lays into Drew… Roman pushes him away and goes back but the commissioner stops him again! Roman gets in his face and starts to shout as Wade shouts back… AS DREW ATTACKS ROMAN FROM BEHIND AND THE TWO MEN BRAWL OUT OF THE RING! Wade can be seen calling towards the back and a swarm of security come out to stop them!

Byron Saxton: These two men cannot wait to hurt each other!

Corey Graves:
Well we are running out of time on the broadcast but tune in next week to see the final Smackdown before Judgement Day arrives!

Confirmed matches for next week:

Tag team match:
Blissmoon vs The Queens of WWE

Singles match:
Buddy Murphy vs Trent Seven

Singles match:
Bobby Roode vs Lince Dorado

Singles match:
Cedric Alexander vs Akira Tozawa

Judgement Day
Glasgow, Scotland
May 10th

WWE title three stages of hell match:
Stipulations:
1st fall: Tables 2nd fall: Glasgow Street Fight 3rd fall: Hell in a Cell
Drew McIntyre © vs Roman Reigns

WWE Women’s title match:
Ember Moon © vs Charlotte Flair

Intercontinental title triple threat match:
The Miz © vs John Morrison vs Daniel Bryan

WWE tag team titles match:
Heavy Machinery © vs The War Raiders

Hugging Pirates or The Robert Stone Brand © vs The Riott Squad

Money in the Bank briefcase on the line:
Big E vs Karrion Kross

Ambulance match:
Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens

No DQ match:
Jeff Hardy vs The Fiend Bray Wyatt

EWR Rating:

68%

Reactions: RDT and Chris

Tg11

Reaction score
- Jeff Hardy wants The Fiend but is he sure he is ready for The Fiend? And not to mention at Judgment Day it is going to be No DQ and who does that favor more? It favors The Fiend. We saw him destroy Finn Balor in both of his incarnations as The Prince and as The Demon. He destroyed Jeff the last time they were ever in a ring together.

- 3 Stages of Hell...these men will both be physically out of it by the time all is said and done, a Tables Match and then a Glasgow Street Fight and if it gets into a 3rd fall a Hell In A Cell Match like both of them will be so vulnerable that Kross or Big E could cash in on either one of them

- Baron Corbin setting his sights on the WWE Intercontinental Championship...I mean Corbin is a real threat to Bryan, Miz and or Morrison especially if he keeps winning

- Beer Money...the Last Outlaws I love that Roode & Storm are heels but them setting their sights on the Smackdown Tag Team Championship makes sense...I can definitely see The Last Outlaws taking on Heavy Machinery for those titles

- Kevin Owens destroyed Kona Reeves but no doubt that was a message to his Judgment Day opponent Randy Orton

- Randy clearly is in Owens' head

- Karrion Kross needs Scarlett by his side but I do hope Scarlett returns and she is by her man's side but I definitely see Kross winning the Money in the Bank briefcase from Big E and why? Kross has been undefeated in singles competition since bursting on to the scene straight from NXT. He has been a virtual monster. So what chance does Big E have at not only ending Kross' Streak but retaining his briefcase? Not very likely.

Stojy

Reaction score
I thought the women's stuff progressed here pretty well, liked the idea of the two angles being combined into one due to Bliss being distracted seeing her friend Moon get attacked. Future tag match should be fun.

Hardy/Fiend tease was fine, as was the dualling promos to promote Akira/Cedric. Buddy Murphy came across as a huge douche in his segment. Assuming that was supposed to happen that way, but again, it's fine. I like that you utilise these little segments to even give your undercard matches some heat. Very good. Ditto for my comments regarding Roode and Storms/Lucha House Party situation.

Miz/Bryan promo was good, although man is it strange to have the face vs. heel dynamic in this feud sitting the way it is. Still, good stuff between the two of them, and the added layer of Morrison/Miz issues continuing to be used with Bryan's last line at the end. Triple Threat hype has been nice.

The Kross/Big E promo was top work as well. Really well written and just really puts forward the point that if Big E loses, he may break. Seems like you're setting the scene for a perfect heel turn for Big E, to be honest.

Kevin Owens angle was the highlight of the night for me. Loving amped up, pissed off, take no shit KO. Orton showing some potential fear afterwards was a nice touch also.

I noticed in an earlier Drew interview this final segment was referred to as the main event. I don't know if this is something that's done in real life that I've just missed, but a segment being referred to as the main doesn't work for me. Should be the final wrestling match regardless of quality, imo. Also, whilst I've been a fan of Drew/Roman build so far in here, this final segment here until the brawl lacked a bit of fire from me. Just seemed both so focused on picking stipulations that they didn't portray their hatred for each other very well. Still looking forward to this one overall though to be fair, just this segment wasn't a complete hit for me.

Outside of the above, hitting all the right notes heading into the PPV. Props on how quickly you're churning out full shows too, a phenomenal effort.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
News update:

Apollo Crews picks up a leg injury:

Apollo Crews at a house show over the weekend twisted his ankle and is now out for an undisclosed amount of time. This is a heartbreaking blow for him as he was meant to have his first singles PPV match in over a year against Lio Rush but he has now been pulled from the PPV. According to sources backstage WWE will instead have MVP reveal a new mystery client to take on Lio Rush at Backlash to replace Crews in the story. This is seen as another big blow to the story with the second time they have had to change Lio Rush’s opponent at Backlash.

Mod note: EWR with rehab again. So this once again fucks with my MVP and Lio Rush story like the Lashley injury. Let’s see if we can work around it lol. However, due to the changes I had to make Apollo Crews will be going to NXT when he comes back.

Montez Ford picks up an injury:
In the 2nd of 3 injuries to the WWE roster from house shows over the weekend, Montez Ford landed awkwardly going for his frog splash and was seen holding his arm after missing Seth Rollins. It is unknown how serious the injury is but we have heard Montez Ford has been pulled from all shows for the time being. This is seen as a blow as Montez has not only been impressing in tag team action with Angelo Dawkins but also in singles action with rumors going around that WWE wants to give them a tag team titles reigns soon. What this means for their part in the Edge and Seth feud is unknown at this time but we have heard rumors of plans being made to cover the absence.

Mod note: This is also lame. Very lame and another rehab plus we have ANOTHER injury below (tho this is less annoying by far).
Titus O’Neil out of action for 1 month:

Titus O’Neil picked up a back injury at a house show and is out for a month.

What this means for his feud with Cedric and Dio is unknown but this weekend’s house show is seen as a big blow to WWE losing 3 talents who were all in storylines at the moment.

No predictions yet please . Recap will be posted with predictions template in a couple of days

• Sad
Reactions: Stojy and Chris

Tg11

Reaction score
Apollo Crews injured...well The Hurt Business is definitely going to have to be on hold unless MVP his mystery client ends up being a debuting Omos then that's the only thing I can think of or it ends up being Dabba Kato

Montez Ford...that singles push will get derail

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Backlash recap:

Universal title match:

At Wrestlemania 36, Aleister Black finally slayed the demons on his back and became the Universal Champion. Samoa Joe meanwhile defeated the Celtic Warrior and rebounded after losing his United States a month before thanks to Kurt Angle. In the weeks that have followed Wrestlemania Aleister Black has talked about having a target on his back and Joe is certainly on his tail, looking to become a World Champion for the first time in his WWE career. Both men have gotten their shots in on the other and with MVP lurking in the wings looking to recruit Samoa Joe, who will walk out of Backlash as Universal Champion?

Chad Gable walked into Wrestlemania 36 as United States Champion and managed to prove himself by defeating a former world champion in AJ Styles (who hasn’t been the same since the Mania loss). Now he walks into Backlash looking for a new challenge and he will come face to face with a giant in Dominik Dijakovic! Dijakovic's story at Wrestlemania, however is the total opposite of Chad Gable's with the giant not even appearing at the show of shows and it sure pissed him off!

Dijakovic missed Wrestlemania thanks to an attack by Brock Lesnar but the night after Wrestlemania he made the Beast pay helping the rest of the Ungovernables to attack Brock and write him off TV for the time being. Zelina Vega the next week would be sure to gloat and big up her clients plus challenged Chad Gable, saying since her client wasn’t in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal he should be next in line as he didn’t get a chance to earn a shot at his title.

Chad Gable would welcome the challenge but after trash talk from Zelina bringing up their last encounter ending in a countout they wanted to make sure Gable couldn’t escape via countout. Angle and Gable agreed announcing the fight pit. A metal cage surrounding the ring with no ropes with the only way to win being knockout or submission. Can Gable force Dijakovic to tap out or will the larger man knock him out?

Mustafa Ali walked out of Wrestlemania 36 with a win over a former World Champion in Dolph Ziggler. Mustafa though is always looking for his next challenge as a champion and beating everyone in the Cruiserweight division. However, his next challenger is a former Cruiserweight champion down in NXT: Angel Garza. The Mexican Lothario had a great showing in the Money in the Bank ladder match at Wrestlemania but his temporary alliance with fellow Cruiserweight Noam Dar wasn’t enough to grab the briefcase.

Angel would soon pick up the win in a triple threat match against Oney Lorcan and Mansoor to earn a shot at the Cruiserweight title. In the two weeks that have followed Mustafa Ali has made it clear he is not a fan of the antics of Angel Garza and how Zelina Vega conducts her business. In the background however, Dolph Ziggler has been lurking and offered to help counter the antics of Vega’s Ungovernables but Ali turned him down. Will Mustafa Ali come to regret this or will he once again stay Cruiserweight champion?

Bayley gained a bit of redemption at Wrestlemania as she recovered from her loss the previous Wrestlemania with Sasha Banks and became a 3-time tag team champion with Kairi Sane. The duo have already defended their titles again Team Kick on Raw but now they are facing off against NXT’s The Robert Stone Brand. Robert Stone has some of the best clients possible in NXT and it could be anyone out of the 4 the Hugging Pirates have to face. The numbers game has given the challengers the edge in the weeks leading up to Backlash but will it prove enough to overcome the champions or will the Pirates keep their treasure?

In the only rematch from Wrestlemania on the card, The Usos look to win back the World tag team titles from The Ungovernables member Cesaro and Ilja Dragunov. The Usos lost thanks to Vega chucking water on the ropes causing Jimmy to slip on the ropes. However, if they were looking for sympathy from Jimmy’s wife Naomi, she ripped into them and said they need to be more like their cousin Roman. The Usos eventually got a rematch after Vega agreed to grant it at Backlash… if she could pick the stipulation for the match.

Zelina Vega announced on Raw two weeks before Backlash that it will be a tornado tag match. A stipulation favoring Ilja and Cesaro who are much more experienced as singles wrestlers compared to The Usos. There would be a shock on the go-home Raw however when Jey Uso would pin Ilja Dragunov in singles action stunning Cesaro and Zelina Vega as well as the WWE Universe. Can The Usos overcome the stipulation to become 8-time tag team champions or will the Ungovernables keep their titles?

Street Fight:

This rivalry between the two women goes all the way back to the Royal Rumble match where Taynara Conti stunned the world and eliminated Sasha Banks from the match before we got to the final 4! Sasha would not react well to this calling it a fluke but in a number one contender’s six-woman elimination match, Conti would shockingly eliminate Sasha from the match. This prompted Sasha to cheap-shot Conti and cost her the chance at a Women’s Universal title shot.

The two would collide at Fastlane as Conti would look for revenge but Sasha Banks would use the ropes to steal a win! Banks would after the match claim she had already beaten Taynara so had nothing to prove but Conti wasn’t done with her yet. Both women would separately qualify for the Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match and look to walk out with the briefcase but the issues between them lead to them brawling throughout the match and Conti taking Sasha Banks out of the match before just falling short of winning.

Sasha Banks would not be happy coming out of Wrestlemania but nor would Taynara Conti with both women wanting to rip each other apart. Conti would issue the challenge for Backlash: A Street Fight. Sasha would take her time before accepting the challenge though she made sure to get some help to attack Conti from Naomi. On the go-home show, Conti and Banks ended up brawling to the back. What will happen when these two women fight at Backlash? Can Conti prove she can beat the Boss or will Sasha prove to be too legit for her?

Andrade Cien Almas held the Universal title for 6 months before finally losing the title at Wrestlemania 36 in a three-way dance, being eliminated first by Aleister Black. Naturally, after a long title reign, he expected a rematch but Adam Pearce told Zelina Vega on Twitter that since he was pinned first in the match he will have to earn his rematch! Andrade Cien Almas would respond by sending a message with the help of the Ungovernables as they took out Brock Lesnar the night after Wrestlemania!

The week after Adam Pearce would bring back the Gold Rush tournament with the winner getting a future Universal title shot. In the quarter-finals Andrade would defeat Rusev, Montez Ford would shock the world by defeating AJ Styles, Braun Strowman would defeat Bobby Lashley and Sheamus would defeat the Big Show. In the semi-finals, Montez Ford nearly pulled off a second upset but Andrade was too much earning his spot in the final against Sheamus who defeated Braun Strowman!

In the go-home show for Backlash, Andrade and Sheamus both traded words with each other as The Celtic Warrior welcomed a fight with Andrade saying he has never been Universal Champion before, one of two titles he is yet to win. He also made it clear, he is not worried about his former best friend’s comments asking him to stay out of Ungovernable business. Both men are former World champions, who put themselves next in line for a shot at the Universal title?

Grudge match:
Lio Rush vs MVP’s mystery client

Lio Rush is a young talent who the WWE universe have slowly seen come out of his shell. Initially joining Raw as the hype man for Bobby Lashley, it took nearly a year before we saw what he could do in the ring, pushing Mustafa Ali to the limit for the Cruiserweight title. Since Lashley kicked him to the curb, MVP has been trying to not only sign Lashley (who EWR injured) but also started to team with Lio Rush in the lead-up to Wrestlemania. However, in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal Lio Rush eliminated MVP before coming this close to winning the whole thing making the final 5 only being outlasted by John Morrison, Xavier Woods, Tyler Bate and Erick Rowan.

Lio thought there would be no issues with MVP since he tried to eliminate him during the match but that wasn’t the case. MVP would ditch Lio during a tag team match versus the Linebackers on the first Raw after Wrestlemania. Lio would obviously be furious and confront MVP who said he was teaching him a lesson before telling him he would show him in the ring the next week. Lio would fight MVP the next week on Raw and win before being attacked post-match by Apollo Crews!

The following week MVP would reveal Apollo Crews as his latest client looking to revitalize his career after he fells into the doldrums on Smackdown Live. MVP says Apollo Crews at Backlash would show Lio Rush what happens when you follow his guidance whilst Lio promised to win again. However, at a house show Apollo Crews would pick up an injury ruling him out of the PPV (EWR again) and now MVP will have a mystery client fighting MVP. Who has he recruited and will they be able to take down Lio Rush proving MVP right?

Tag team match:

At Wrestlemania, it was a mixed night for the two main Real Horsewomen. Whilst Shayna Baszler won the Mrs. Money in the Bank briefcase and now has a Women’s title shot any time she wants Ronda Rousey lost her Women’s Universal title at Wrestlemania and also left the night with a broken arm. And maybe that’s why Shayna was intent on sending a message with the assistance of their friends Duke and Shafir laying out Fire Desire on the second Raw after Wrestlemania.

Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose would look for revenge demanding a match with Shayna Baszler but they also made it clear they didn’t want one of the goons, they wanted Ronda Rousey. Shayna smirked and confirmed at Backlash we will see Ronda return to the ring. On the go-home show, after Fire and Desire defeated Duke and Shafir, Ronda appeared on the tron promising to enjoy breaking Fire and Desire at Backlash. Will the experience as a team help Fire and Desire or will The Real Horsewomen dominate at Backlash?

A massive announcement for the future of the women’s division:

At Wrestlemania Becky Lynch finally got what she wanted: to make Ronda tap out and get her Women’s Universal title back becoming a 5-time champion. Nia Jax meanwhile won the Miss Elizabeth battle royal to earn a title shot at Backlash. However, after an attack by Nia Jax and an injury to Nia’s back, the PPV title match was canceled. On the go-home Raw however, Adam Pearce confirmed we will hear from the Women’s Universal Champion. What does the champion have to say?

Pre-show:

Tag team match:

Team Kick debuted on Monday Night Raw pushing the new Women’s tag team champions the Hugging Pirates to the limit. Team Kick holds the record for the longest Women’s tag team reign at 120 days and now look to prove themselves as they step into the Raw locker room. They took issue with The Real Horsewomen trying to use numbers to take down Fire and Desire so they challenges Duke and Shafir to a tag team match on the Backlash pre-show. Will Team Kick get the ball rolling on a few more wins this Sunday?

Singles match:
Noam Dar vs Mansoor

Mansoor made his debut on Monday Night Raw defeating Aiden English to make an instant impact. Mansoor though would soon anger Noam Dar by questioning why the young Scot was interrupting his interview time. Dar would cost Mansoor a match against Kalisto on the next episode of Raw which prompted this match being made by Adam Pearce. Will Mansoor get revenge or suffer another setback early in his Monday Night Raw career?

Backlash
Balitmore, Maryland
May 3rd

Universal title match:

Tag team match:

Street Fight:

Grudge match:
Lio Rush vs MVP's newest client

And

A massive announcement for the future of the women’s division:

Pre-show:

Singles match:
Noam Dar vs Mansoor

Tag team match:

Predictions contest:

Pick the winner for each match:
Predict the order for the matches on the main card (including of the Becky Lynch segment):
What will be the longest match of night (main card only):
What will be the shortest match of night (main card only):
Who will be MVP’s new client?
Who will score and take the fall in tag team matches:
And what will Becky Lynch announcement be?

Tg11

Reaction score
1- Match order for Backlash including Pre Show

- Pre show opener- Noam Dar vs Mansoor (Winner: Noam Dar)

- (Close Out Pre Show)- Team Kick (Dakota Kai & Tegan Nox) vs The Real Horsewomen (Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir) (Winners: The Real Horsewomen; with an assist from Ms Money in the Bank Shayna Baszler)

Main Card

1- (Opener)- WWE Women's Tag Team Championship- The Hugging Pirates (Bayley & Kairi Sane) (c) vs The Robert Stone Brand (Winners: Still WWE Women's Tag Team Champions The Hugging Pirates)

2- WWE Cruiserweight Championship- Mustafa Ali (c) vs Angel Garza (Winner: Still WWE Cruiserweight Champion Mustafa Ali)

3- Lio Rush vs Mystery Client of MVP (* Mystery client will be a debuting Omos) (Winner: Omos in a David vs Goliath type match; Omos squashes Lio Rush)

4- # 1 Contenders Match for WWE Universal Championship- Andrade Cien Almas vs Sheamus (Winner: Andrade Cien Almas; which sets the stage for Andrade to get his rematch)

5- Tag Team Match- Ronda Rousey & Ms Money In the Bank Shayna Baszler (Real Horsewomen) vs Fire & Desire (Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville) (Winners: Real Horsewomen; Ronda & Shayna get the win)

6- RAW Tag Team Championship (Tornado Match)- The Ungovernables (c) vs The Usos (Winners: New RAW Tag Team Champions The Usos; with an assist from not Naomi but from another one of their family members but who? None other than The Tribal Chief Roman Reigns...Reigns isn't even supposed to be here he's a Smackdown superstar, how did he even get into the building? Because of Naomi...The Usos heel turn is happening...The Bloodline is about to be formed)

7- Street Fight- Sasha Banks vs Taynara Conti (Winner: Taynara Conti)

8- Becky Lynch segment for her massive announcement; the massive announcement being that Becky Lynch is pregnant...her and Seth Rollins are having a baby and because of that she has to relinquish the RAW Women's Championship which sets up a tournament to crown a new Champion

9- WWE United States Championship (Fight Pit) (Semi Main Event)- Chad Gable (c) vs Dominik Dijakovic (Winner: Still WWE United States Champion Chad Gable)

10- (Main Event)- WWE Universal Championship- Aleister Black (c) vs Samoa Joe (Winner: Still WWE Universal Champion Aleister Black)

- Longest Match of the night will be the Fight Pit Match for the WWE United States Championship between Gable & Dijakovic; only way to win is by submission or knockout or TKO

- Shortest Match of the night will be Lio Rush vs Mystery opponent set up by MVP which will be a debuting Omos the Nigerian Giant

- MVPs new client being a debuting Nigerian Giant Omos

- With the assist of Smackdown's Roman Reigns, The Usos get the win with Jey Uso pinning Dragunov

- The massive announcement being that Becky Lynch is pregnant...her and Seth Rollins are having a baby and because of that she has to relinquish the RAW Women's Championship which sets up a tournament to crown a new Champion