• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE 2019: No Wildcards

Chris

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
Ah I didn't realize you were doing this on TEW, I thought you were just free writing this all. I like that more just for the added challenge with injuries and contract situations where normal BTBs are just free realm creative writing. Do you mind posting your grades for your future shows then? I just like seeing how things do in the game and then compare them to my personal opinions.

Gambitto

Aug 21, 2019
Ah I didn't realize you were doing this on TEW, I thought you were just free writing this all. I like that more just for the added challenge with injuries and contract situations where normal BTBs are just free realm creative writing. Do you mind posting your grades for your future shows then? I just like seeing how things do in the game and then compare them to my personal opinions.
I can do. I mostly use it for injuries and due to Raw being 3 hours can't fit everything in but I will do my best to post my grades for the show in future posts. May have to look some of them up as I copy them from the other site.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
I can do. I mostly use it for injuries and due to Raw being 3 hours can't fit everything in but I will do my best to post my grades for the show in future posts. May have to look some of them up as I copy them from the other site.
No worries if not, and def don't worry about doing each segment grade, I just like looking at overall show grades

Reactions: Gambitto

Sylar

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
Gambit BTB! :proud

Canceling 205 :sodone:

But I don't blame you for not wanting to write it lmaooo
I don't blame him. I would cancel it, too. There's really no reason to separate the Cruiserweights.

You should be be able to put them in a couple matches on the main shows and probably a match on Main Event every week as well.

Chris

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Gambit BTB! :proud

I don't blame him. I would cancel it, too. There's really no reason to separate the Cruiserweights.

You should be be able to put them in a couple matches on the main shows and probably a match on Main Event every week as well.
100% true in concept and I expect him to do it fine in the BTB, but if WWE canceled 205 irl I'd be pissed bc I'd expect the one or two matches a week to be nowhere near the level of freedom the guys are allowed on 205 to put on great matches which has made it one of my favorite weekly shows. I've noticed this year the PPV pre-show matches are considerably worse than their weekly matches and I really think it's bc they just go all out for the weekly show bc they don't have to worry about overshadowing anything. Fuck a couple times they've put a title rematch from the PPV the very next show and it's been better as well. But yeah, no problem with it in the BTB and theoretically I wouldn't have a problem if they did it irl, but I wouldn't trust WWE to do it well if they did.

Gambitto

Aug 21, 2019
Time for HHH to steal more ideas :side:

Raw:
April 15th 2019
Montreal, Quebec, Canada:

Monday Night Raw starts with Seth Rollins making his way to the ring. Talks about wanting this to be a new era and says he is fighting champion so want to know who his next challenger is. Paige's music hits getting a mixed reaction, mostly confusion. Says she has been made commissioner of Raw after her work on Smackdown Live as general manager. Promises to do what she did on Smackdown and make it about the stars. Says the main event tonight will be a fatal 5-way match with the winner fighting Seth Rollins at Money in the Bank. The competitors are Bobby Lashley, Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman and 2 new superstars debuting from Smackdown Live! Rollins wants a match right now and Paige says that she can do that bringing out another person drafted to Raw: Oney Lorcan! Commentary mention he had been appearing on 205 Live just before it was canceled and the match will start after the commercial break.

Ad break

Match 1: Seth Rollins vs Oney Lorcan

Seth Rollins wins in a good match. However, it should be noted that throughout the match Oney is even more aggressive than usual and looks desperate to win.

Winner via pinfall: Seth Rollins (12:20)

Post-match Oney Lorcan refuses a handshake storming off. We then cut to a Drake Maverick segment with Paige where he complains about not being Raw GM. She hires him to the Raw roster before she leaves. EC3 appears saying he will take care of his buddy before saying his match with Mike is next and tells him to come with him.

Ad break

Match 2: EC3 w/Drake Maverick vs Mike Kanellis w/Maria Kanellis

Commentary once again mentions that EC3 is now a Raw exclusive talent as are Mike and Maria Kanellis. EC3 wins in relatively easy fashion as Maria Kanellis is stopped by Drake Maverick from interfering.

Winner via pinfall: EC3 (4:48)

EC3 over-celebrates post-match acting very heelish whilst Drake mocks Maria and Mike Kanellis happy to have finally got one up on the pair who caused him a lot of trouble on 205 Live. After this, there is a promo package hyping up Samoa Joe joining Monday Night Raw!

Ad break

Raw comes back with Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers in the ring waiting for their opponents who are revealed to be Brian Kendrick, Akira Tozawa and Rey Mysterio all joining Monday Night Raw.

Match 3: Rey Mysterio, Brian Kendrick and Akira Tozawa vs Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers

The babyfaces pick up the win with a 619 followed a double team move from Kendrick and Tozawa on Samir Singh.

Winners via pinfall: Rey Mysterio, Brian Kendrick and Akira Tozawa (8:20)

Ad break

Becky Lynch comes out to the ring and talks about which dope will be next to fight her for the Raw Women's title. Naomi comes out making her first appearance on Raw. She is followed by Ember Moon, Mickie James, and Alexa Bliss who all want a shot at the Raw Women's title. Paige comes out and makes two matches for tonight's show with the winners facing off next week to decide who fights Becky at Money in the Bank. And later on, will be Mickie James vs Ember Moon and right now Naomi vs Alexa Bliss.

Ad break

Match 4: Naomi vs Alexa Bliss

Naomi picks up the win defeating Alexa Bliss in a decent match.

Winner via pinfall: Naomi (7:20)

Bayley segment with her on the phone trying to get hold of Sasha Banks backstage when Fire and Desire mock her asking where her friend is before walking off laughing to themselves.

Ad break

Elias promo segment in the ring as he sings a song until Aleister Black comes out. Black walks to the ring and lays Elias out with a black mass before walking off. The commentary team makes it clear he is on Raw from now on. The Divas of doom cut a promo next saying that they will be staying on Raw and they challenge the Iiconics to a match for the Women's tag team titles.

Ad break

Match 5: Mickie James vs Ember Moon

A good match with Mickie James using her veteran experience to win and overcome the more athletic Ember Moon.

Winner via pinfall: Mickie James (9:57)

Sin Cara interview where he talks about now being on Raw when Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega walk into the scene mocking him before leaving. Tyler Breeze then cuts a promo talking about his time in NXT and his failures on Raw and Smackdown. He is now going to focus on finding himself and remembering who he is.

Ad break

Tony Nese comes out and says the Cruiserweight title will now be defended on Raw. Drew Gulak interrupts and says he failed to save 205 Live but he can end Tony Nese and save the Cruiserweight title. Tony Nese asks for a ref and will put his title on the line right now!

Match 6: Cruiserweight title match: Tony Nese (c) vs Drew Gulak
A great match with Tony Nese picking up the win overcoming the ground game of Tony Nese.

Winner via pinfall and still Cruiserweight Champion: Tony Nese (15:23)

Ad break

Chad Gable cuts a promo backstage insulting Bobby Roode and saying he wants a piece of him for what he did. Noam Dar bumps into him by accident and looks at Gable annoyed calling him a dafty before walking off. Rusev and Nakamura then come out to the ring to team with the Revival. Hawkins and Ryder meanwhile make their way out with The Usos for an 8-man tag team match.

Match 7: Hawkins & Ryder and The Usos vs The Revival and Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura
Hawkins, Ryder and The Usos win pinning Dash Wilder in a good 8-man tag.

Winners via pinfall: Hawkins & Ryder and The Usos (9:21)

Post-match the Usos let the champions know they want the Raw tag team titles. Hawkins and Ryder tell the pair they ain't going to hide from any challengers as the teams show mutual respect to each other.

Ad break

A video package plays showing Cesaro is coming to Raw. The main event is next with Seth Rollins sitting on commentary. The known competitors for the main event make their way out first. Mustafa Ali is the first mystery competitor getting a loud pop. We then see the Club come out confusing the crowd until they are joined by AJ Styles getting a very loud pop as well. Both members of the Club sit on commentary next to Seth Rollins and state now they are back on Raw with their boy. They also mention not trusting Lio Rush something Seth agrees with.

Main event: Number one contender's match for the Universal title: Bobby Lashley vs Baron Corbin vs Braun Strowman vs AJ Styles vs Mustafa Ali

Chaos is the word to describe this match. Lio Rush gets involved once too much so The Club comes down to the ringside area annoying Braun. Braun hits them as well distracting him and Mustafa Ali wipes out all of them after with a 054 to the outside. AJ meanwhile whilst this is happening hits the Phenomenal forearm on Corbin before Lashley throws him from the ring and steals the win.

Winner via pinfall: Bobby Lashley (14:21)

The show comes to a close with AJ having to stop The Club from fighting with Braun further. Mustafa Ali also tries to stop the fight whilst Baron Corbin sneaks off backstage. Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush meanwhile stare down the Universal champion as the show comes to a close.

Universal title match:
Seth Rollins (c) vs Bobby Lashley

Raw women's title match:
Becky Lynch (c) vs Naomi or Mickie James

Men's Money in the Bank ladder match:
??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ???

Women's Money in the Bank ladder match:

EWR grade: 72%

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Gambitto

Aug 21, 2019
Smackdown:
April 16th 2019
Montreal, Quebec, Canada:

Smackdown starts off with the WWE champion Kofi Kingston making his way to the ring saying this is a new era and he plans on being a fighting champion for the people. The New Day makes a couple of jokes until Cedric Alexander comes out as the first person joining Smackdown Live. Cedric talks about looking to seize the moment and wants to fight Kofi for the WWE title tonight. Kofi says he is on and to get a ref out here starting the show off with a bang!

Match 1: WWE title match: Kofi Kingston w/ The New Day vs Cedric Alexander

Both men put on a great showing as Cedric impress the fans with his performance tonight. However, in the end, Cedric falls just short as Kofi Kingston puts him away with the trouble in paradise.

Winner via pinfall: Kofi Kingston (11:07)

After the match, both men shake each other's hands with the rest of The New Day also showing Cedric respect for his performance tonight.

Ad break

Daniel Bryan promo complaining to Shane about when he gets a rematch. Shane tells Bryan there are no automatic rematch clauses but since Bryan is his friend, he will get a rematch at Money in the Bank. Kevin Owens at this point walks in and confronts Bryan and Shane. Shane brings up what happened last week and makes a 2 on 1 handicap match against Bryan and Rowan later on in the show. Owens, however, tells Shane he will just destroy them both like he destroyed Shane's dad. We then cut to a Nikki Cross segment where she asks Lacey Evans to play with her and fight the Iiconics. Lacey looks at her with disgust and says no leaving Nikki disappointed.

Ad break
Jinder Mahal cuts a promo insulting the crowd before saying he ditched the dead-weight and he plans to take back his WWE title starting tonight when he wins this Money in the Bank qualifier. Ricochet's music then hits to a loud pop as he makes his way out to the ring looking to earn the first spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match.

Match 2: Money in the Bank qualifier: Ricochet vs Jinder Mahal

A decent match with Jinder using his power to try to stop Ricochet from using his high-flying offence but Ricochet uses his speed to overcomes this and puts away Jinder Mahal with Recoil (codebreaker) becoming the first man to enter the Money in the Bank ladder match.

Winner via pinfall: Ricochet (5:06)

After the match, we cut to a hype package for “The best-kept secret in WWE” Buddy Murphy. He talks about his time on 205 Live, becoming the Cruiserweight champion but now he is coming to Smackdown Live.

Ad break
When we return from the commercial break, we get a promo by Bray Wyatt as the War Raiders stand behind him. He says he took some time off to re-find himself. He says he had forgotten Abigail’s teachings but has now been reborn. He says he has refound his purpose and leading souls to where they belong is his mission once again. The War Raiders after that line not saying a word hold their NXT and Smackdown Live Tag team titles in the air as Bray lets out a creepy sinister laugh.

After that, we cut to the ring as Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado are standing in the ring. Commentary mention Kalisto will be staying on Monday Night Raw whilst these two men are now part of the Smackdown Live roster. They wait in the ring when the music for the Revival hits as the top guys make their way to the ring! Corey Graves on commentary hypes them up as former NXT and Raw tag team champions as they join Lucha house party in the ring.

Match 3: The Revival vs Lucha House Party
Lucha House party put on a good showing but in the end, The Revival put away Lucha House party hitting Lince Dorado with the Shatter Machine.

Winner via pinfall: The Revival (8:13)

Post-match The Revival looks to beat up Lucha House party and send a message to the whole tag team division. However, before they can do too much damage, Heavy machinery makes the save! The Revival gets out of the ring as they jaw jack Heavy Machinery as they retreat up the ramp. Heavy Machinery meanwhile poses for the fans to cheers from the crowd as they help Lucha house party up.

Ad break
After a commercial Becky Lynch makes her way out to the ring as she states next week she finds out her opponent for the Raw Women's title at Money in the Bank but she wants to know who will fight her for the Smackdown Women's title. She is then interrupted by Charlotte, Alexa Bliss, Ember Moon, Riott Squad, Carmella and Asuka in order who all make a claim to being next in line for a title shot.

Charlotte mentions not being pinned at Mania, Bliss brings up their battles in the past, Ember Moon mentions she has never had a chance to shine, Ruby Riott says that for too long the Riott squad has been focused on chaos but now they are coming for gold. Carmella just says she is money and Asuka brings up the fact she beat Becky at the Royal Rumble.

Before Becky2belts can respond Shane McMahon comes out and makes a 6 pack challenge next week between Charlotte, Alexa Bliss, Ember Moon, Ruby Riott, Carmella and Asuka. All 6 women stare each other down whilst Becky smiles holding her Smackdown's women title in the air as we cut to a Finn Balor hype package showing the IC champion is coming to Smackdown Live.

Ad break
Apollo Crews cuts a promo explaining why he confronted Baron Corbin last week on Raw. Calls Corbin a bully and mentions him beating Kurt Angle. Baron Corbin then appears and mocks Crews challenging him to a match next week. Crews agrees but says Corbin does not have the power to make matches any more or did he forget? Corbin though makes a comment saying he knows Shane will be happy to make that match for him. He walks off leaving Crews really confused. We then cut to the ring after this as Kevin Owens makes his way out getting a good pop from the crowd but he looks serious ahead of what is going to be a 2 on 1 handicap match. Once he is in the ring Daniel Bryan's music hits as he makes his way out with Rowan by his side as the crowd boos the Planet champion.

Match 4: Bryan and Rowan vs Kevin Owens
At the start of the match, Owens holds his own and even takes control. However soon the numbers game proves to be too much with Bryan and Rowan making frequent tags. Bryan, in the end, would hit the running knee for the win.

Winners via pinfall: Daniel Bryan and Rowan (11:38)
Bryan and Rowan after the match start to beatdown Kevin Owens until Sami Zayn makes his return and saves his best friend. The pair would fight off Daniel Bryan and Rowan forcing them to retreat. Kevin Owens would get to his feet and hug his best friend Sami Zayn getting a loud pop from the crowd.

Ad break
We then get an Iiconics promo in which they tell the Divas of Doom they need to prove they can win as a team before they fight them. The Iiconics promise to give the pair an example next week. In the main event of the show, Shane McMahon comes out with Baron Corbin by his side. He talks about the new people he is adding to Smackdown Live who will take the brand to new heights including the man stood next to him. This would then bring out Elias and Drew McIntyre getting boos from the crowd. Shane says when you are the best in the world you surround yourself with the best talent and says that this is the new corporation!

The Miz then comes out with a steel chair and cuts a promo ripping into the heels in the ring. Shane challenges him to fight all 4 of them right now but Miz smirks saying he is waiting for someone else to come out. At that point, Reigns sneaks into the ring spearing Drew taking him out. Miz uses this distraction to slide into the ring and hits Baron Corbin with the chair before going for Elias. Shane tries to flee but Roman stops him laying into Shane McMahon before dropping him with the spear as well. Miz in the ring meanwhile hits Elias with the Skull crushing finale as The Miz and Roman Reigns stand tall to end the show.

Universal title match:
Seth Rollins (c) vs Bobby Lashley

WWE title match:
Kofi Kingston (c) vs Daniel Bryan

Raw women's title match:
Becky Lynch (c) vs Naomi or Mickie James

Smackdown women's title match:
Becky Lynch (c) vs Alexa Bliss or Asuka or Carmella or Charlotte or Ember Moon or Ruby Riott

Men's Money in the Bank ladder match:
Ricochet vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ???

Women's Money in the Bank ladder match:

Editor note: Right now I have my rosters set, the show will be full shows from here on out.

EWR Grade: 72%

Last edited:

Gambitto

Aug 21, 2019
Raw roster additions:

Humberto Carrillo and Ariya Davari will now be joining Monday Night Raw after the disbanding of 205 Live. Now the attention turns to Smackdown Live tonight as we see who will be joining the Smackdown live roster as part of the Superstar shakeup!

Killian Dian and Alexander Wolfe moved to NXT and NXT UK:

The superstar shake up is carrying on as Killian Dian and Alexander Wolfe have both left the main roster to return to NXT and NXT UK respectively. This decision was taken after the poor booking of Sanity. The company feel that the pair can be rebuilt away from the main roster on those respective shows. Eric Young meanwhile will be staying on Smackdown Live but it is unknown if there are any significant plans for him in the future with him potentially taking a more of a backstage role in the coming months.

Harper confirmed to be on Smackdown:

Whilst Harper did not appear on Smackdown Live this week, it has been announced he will be staying a part of the Smackdown Live roster. Expect a lot of the planned push that was going to be given to Lars Sullivan to be given to him instead in the coming months.

Five additions to the Smackdown Live roster:

In the last update related to the Smackdown Live roster, 5 names have been announced as part of the Smackdown roster as the Superstar shake up comes to a close. Dana Brooke and Alicia Fox have been announced as additions to the Women's roster. Meanwhile Fandango, No Way Jose and Gentleman Jack Gallagher have been announced as joining the male roster. Gentleman Jack Gallagher is an interesting edition with the end of 205 Live as it is rumored the new creative team may have something planned for Jack Gallagher in the coming months.