WTF!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Posted this here instead of the rules, anouncements and feeback section because it will be more entertaining here and will probably get more posts in it, which is the object of this thread. I have been talking in the chatbox saying that this forum is incredibly inactive and I just don't understand, I have been surfing the net for other forums (the names of those forums I won't mention to obey rule no. 1 and to avoid getting another infraction) and realised that they are so much more active, with about 50 people in one section of the forum, but on IWF we are lucky to get 10 or 15. I just wonder why, imo IWF is better than many of the other forums on the net, we have cool different features like HIAT that I didn't spot on the other forums. Any thoughts on why IWF is so dead and doesn't seem to get nearly enough members to make this place constistantly enjoyable?

xtremebadass

Reaction score
IWF is a great forum. It always has been. It is a much closer forum in terms of members, it has always been that way. Too many members means a less social enviroment amongst the sections of the forum. Here you can really get to know other members and interact with them many times through the forum. On other forums, if there are too many members, it is really to much of a task to tackle and really get settled.

However, IWF has always had it's fair share of problems and issues. This place isn't perfect. I still love it despite everything that has gone on. Getting a bad member here or there is common on all forums. Problems need to be controlled and solved. A forum is only as good as the people running it. If everyone is treated equally and everyone is treated with respect it really makes the forum look good, which is where IWF has always lacked in that department, but then again, I am not familiar with how other forums are, but I don't think they have a section like HIAT that blatantly encourages disrespectful behavior, which doesn't really point IWF in the direction of a good wholesome place. One bad apple can spoil the entire bunch and that has happened more so than once I believe. So you can take that for what it's worth.

Bottom line is, everyone could be an asshole on this forum, but it is still a great forum, that is why I have been here so long anyways.

Reaction score
If ya don't dig it, take a walk. Most other forums are filled with sheep or are a big circle jerk of misinformed fanboys. WrestleZone is just awful and there was this other forum that was nothing more than a bunch of HBK haters, I forgot what it was called, but all the threads were literally all HBK hate threads, like one called 150 better workers in 1996 than HBK. I was banned in two posts.

This isn't the best forum I've been part of, the Oratory used to be the best forum, like ever, but since it's kind of died, I haven't been there in years. But as of now, I like this place, the people, the discussions and the openess of it all. But again, if you prefer quantity over quality, leave. Simple as that.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Forums with 100+ members are fucking gay. Smaller communities are much better. Not much goes unnoticed in a smaller place.

The activity of a forum does not determine how great the place is, neccesarily. I post at WF and that place is VERY active but 99% of the members are fucking smurfs who make the same goddamn posts 600 times, whereas the only fucking blueberries who post actively at IWF are people like gates and the408kid.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
We're a wrestling board that doesn't really talk wrestling. I've never seen a in-depth wrestling conversation on this board that was so fucking amazing and awe inspiring that i came a nut then replied signed. We have a lot of people talking stupid shit that may involve wrestling. the internet wrestling community news is posted randomly and is mostly despised by most members here, something that is adored and encouraged everywhere else.

this is a forum pretending it has a theme. This forum isn't about wrestling. It's about every buttbuddy saying hi to each other repetitively and updating the current events when it happens

Slash

Reaction score
This site used to be very active a lot more then it is now a days. Its just the problems or the times the site has gone down when a lot of members had left and never bothered to sign up again. Only a handful of members actually stayed threw the crashes. I personally always liked MOST of the people here and the conversations and such with them is why I picked this site.

Reaction score
Probably because the forum has a reputation on the internet of being pretty shit, and it's hard to disagree at times. I could count the number of good wrestling posters on one hand. With that said, it is fun to come on here and stuff around.

Reaction score
I've been a member of another forum for about 5+ years and that place is far worse off than IWF in terms of activity, which is partly why I signed up here. I saw that people were more active here, to a degree, and joined.

It also comes down to people's lack of interest in wrestling. Pro-wrestling seems to be in a continual decline in popularity, since the start of 2001 (?). With less and less people watching wrestling, they're less inclined to visit a forum modelled around it.

Honestly, though, this forum isn't doing too bad at all. I'll take quality over quantity.

Kizza

Reaction score
You want more Blue members?

K.