WS Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame 2021 Induction Ceremony

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It's still prime afternoon hours in my neck of the woods. :cudi
5e1c908136f1b.image.jpg

Make them wait
You can do it you can do it all night long

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Without further delay, it is time to announce the headliner of the 2021 Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame class! Rising above the rest of the crop to receive the most points by a margin of 3, this individual’s placement as the crown jewel of the class would seemingly reveal quite a lot about our user base.

Our headliner is a star whose career is defined by walking his own path in more ways than one. Beginning his career in the mid-80s, by the end of the decade this man had already carved out his own lane on a national scale as a vibrant bolt of charisma capable of bringing stadiums to their feet with the wave of a hand. As times changed, and the industry changed with it, he would adapt himself to the changing environment to retain his status as a perennial fan favorite, despite now adapting the facade of an anti-hero. His feud with Hollywood Hogan and the villainous nWo stable would captivate audiences for well over a year, helping to bring in record revenue for World Championship Wrestling and setting a company record for highest grossing PPV when he locked up with The Immortal One in the main event of Starrcade 1997. After the demise of the company he had come to be known as “The Franchise Player” of, the future seemed unsure for this walking enigma. But, as time would tell, he found himself a new home in the burgeoning TNA promotion where he would once again become known as a cornerstone for the company where he would serve as a main attraction for a decade! As his time in-ring seemed to be coming to a close, he would finally join WWE after establishing himself as the most illustrious name in North American wrestling to have not wrestled for the company. This would change at WrestleMania 31, but fate would intervene and, much to the dismay of longtime fans, this leg of his career would not produce the type of dream matches many had fantasized of over the years. Fortunately, Father Time has thus far proven to be futile in limiting this legend’s ambition, and he only just recently entered a new and exciting chapter of his career with AEW, where his impact is being felt immediately. The time has come to welcome the headliner of the Class of 2021 into the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame. IIIIIITTTTTT’SSSSSS --

“THE ICON”
STING

t5NyNbI.jpg

Capping off an extremely decorated and eclectic class of inductees is Sting! With 14 World Title reigns, an impressive collection of Starrcade and Bound For Glory main events, 4 PWI “Most Popular Wrestler of the Year” awards and a career that spans 35 years and counting, Sting is a more than deserving inclusion into any Hall of Fame. Whether portraying the rousing bleach blonde surfer or brooding trench-coat wearing vigilante, Sting belongs in the upper echelon of fan favorites in wrestling history, as a man with one of the most galvanized fan bases of all-time. To me, Stinger is the epitome of “X Factor”. I’ve always ranked him as one of my favorite wrestlers ever, and it isn’t due to any particular skills that I’m able to pinpoint. He just has “it”. A certain coolness, or a presence, that makes you gravitate to him and keeps you on the edge of your seat during his matches or promos. What does the future hold for the recent AEW signee and latest inductee into the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame? Well, the only thing that's for sure about Sting, is that nothing is for sure!

And thus, he now joins Ric Flair from last year in being our Hall of Fame’s second headline act. What a class, and what a way to top it off. From top to bottom, I am proud of our selections, and I can’t wait to see which 5 acts join the ranks next year. Thank you to everyone who participated in voting and followed along as we inducted these incredible legends this year!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Solid :WOW Sting didn't make my shortlist but obviously no complaints either

Reactions: Hoss

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Glad someone on my shortlist got inducted.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Awesome class. Undertaker and Kurt Angle going in this year is kind of surprising. I would've thought it'd be a couple of classes before we got to them but it's cool either way. Sting is a headliner anyway ya look at it

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I went into this year just hoping Sting would manage to make the cut for the class, but then he defied the odds and actually got more votes than anyone. :WOW

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I went into this year just hoping Sting would manage to make the cut for the class, but then he defied the odds and actually got more votes than anyone. :WOW

No wonder you kept me away from voting because I wouldn't have put Sting at the top of my list

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Awesome class. Undertaker and Kurt Angle going in this year is kind of surprising. I would've thought it'd be a couple of classes before we got to them but it's cool either way. Sting is a headliner anyway ya look at it

Undertaker was like #1 on my list this year and last year, I'm taking full credit on him making it :rippedcal

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Undertaker was like #1 on my list this year and last year, I'm taking full credit on him making it :rippedcal

Am I going crazy cause I never knew you were such a huge Undertaker fan lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Am I going crazy cause I never knew you were such a huge Undertaker fan lol

I'm highly critical of him at times in his career but he's always been one of my favorites overall bc I marked for the gimmick so hard as a kid. Just a lot of other rasslin' on nowadays for me to talk about that it doesn't get brought up a lot....and it's not like most of his recent matches were anything I was marking for :lol outside of Boneyard of course

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think we should induct Ryback for his tweets.

• Haha
Reactions: Petty and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I will be campaigning extra hard for Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy next year

• Haha
Reactions: Petty and Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
And I'm gonna go ahead and say right now that Eddie Guerrero is at the top of my wishlist next year.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp