WS Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame 2021 Induction Ceremony

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

wQUmxkH.jpg

Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame
2021 Induction Ceremony

We are back for year two of the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, established to commemorate the great men and women of wrestling who have left an indelible mark on the industry, as voted on by the esteemed members of this forum. Last year witnessed the induction of five unforgettable superstars who were vaunted particularly for their incredible drawing power and contributions to the flourishing of the business as a whole. “Macho Man” Randy Savage, “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan, “The Great One” The Rock, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair composed the unimaginably star-studded 2020 Class. We now return for the second annual Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony with a class that promises to continue on in the tone set by our inaugural class.

The inductions shall commence immediately, with the first of five iconic superstars being announced RIGHT NOW. The remaining members of this class will follow suit, with this induction ceremony likely concluding within the next 24 hours so stay tuned to follow along with who this community has hand-picked to join the distinguished ranks of this Hall of Fame!

We are kicking this class off with a spectacular bang, as I am pleased to announce that our first inductee is a man often lauded as a pioneer in this field. Additionally, he is a gentleman renowned for legendary toughness, a competitor who exuded legitimacy, and an all-around professional who took the sport aspect of the industry as seriously as anyone ever has. Being that his peak years in the game came in the 60s and 70s, it would be easy to assume that his body of work perhaps doesn’t hold up through today’s lens, but that is a notion that I would strongly refute. Look no further than his revered cage matches with Stan Hansen and Larry Zbyszko, or his 1977 title match with Superstar Billy Graham for evidence of how his gritty style stands the test of time. By now, you’ve probably pieced together who I’m talking about. Of course it’s the longest reigning WWE Champion of all-time with one reign that spanned 2,803 days, and a second that lasted 1,237… the man who sold out Madison Square Garden a record 188 times… welcome to the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame --

“THE LIVING LEGEND”
BRUNO SAMMARTINO

0PbuqPH.jpg

Never before, and never since, has any WWE superstar carried the company with the same level of endurance and dedication of Sammartino, and it is quite likely that no one ever will. Beyond being the original “Face That Runs The Place”, it has to be said that Sammartino lived a storybook life that was befitting his storybook career. Growing up as an emaciated child in his native Italy, hiding with his family in a cave from hostile German forces, Sammartino would come to America not knowing the language and struggling with his health. A lesser man would have folded under these conditions, but Sammartino showed the vigor that went on to define his career by overcoming these obstacles, becoming one of the strongest men on record, and ultimately landing in the sport of professional wrestling. The rest is history for Bruno, who was the biggest name in all of North American wrestling throughout his career and a name that simply HAD to be included in this Hall of Fame.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I literally was never notified of this
I'm just giving you shit but on a completely serious tip, you can't really expect me to tag every single person. I made several posts and reminders about the multiple voting periods. Unfortunately you missed them. However I think this class is rock fucking solid so you can at least take solace in that.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm just giving you shit but on a completely serious tip, you can't really expect me to tag every single person. I made several posts and reminders about the multiple voting periods. Unfortunately you missed them. However I think this class is rock fucking solid so you can at least take solace in that.

Well you should’ve fucking tagged me you wanker

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:garrett2 bruno is uno

Reactions: Hoss

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
A great induction - people would be crazy to disagree with Bruno being inducted irrespective of whether or not they short-listed him themselves.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Who did Bruno ever beat

Reactions: Vegeta

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Very well deserved for Bruno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence.

Given Bruno’s mythical reputation, he makes for a very tough act to follow. Luckily, our next inductee is up to the task. A man who can relate with Bruno’s resilience in the face of adversity, and a man who approached the game with a similar level of tenacity, our second inductee of 2021 won an Olympic gold medal with a broken freakin’ neck before joining the ranks of professional wrestling and putting in a rookie year for the ages. Proving to be capable of playing a full spectrum of characters from a hyperintense wrestling machine to a goofball stooge, he took to WWE’s brand of Attitude entertainment like a fish to water, launching a career that lasted two decades at the highest level of competition. Throughout his career, he clocked in a list of accomplishments that any pro wrestler would be envious of. Thirteen world title-reigns across three different promotions, a Triple Crown Champion in both WWE and TNA, the first and only man to win King of the Ring and King of the Mountain, a WrestleMania main event, multiple Bound For Glory main events and a laundry list of awards from different publications. Now he can add yet another Hall of Fame recognition to his resume. Introducing the next inductee into the Wrestling Smarks Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame --

“THE OLYMPIC HERO”
KURT ANGLE

exVqZcy.jpg

Oh it’s true. It’s damn true. A personal all-time favorite of yours truly, Kurt Angle is a decorated and dynamic athlete who provided us all with a veritable buffet of classic matchups against everyone from Stone Cold to Brock Lesnar to Samoa Joe to Shawn Michaels, in addition to consistently delivering in a variety of gimmicks over the years. His ability to do it all is sometimes overlooked, but I’m here to say that Kurt Angle is one of the all-around greats to ever grace this sport, point blank period. Now adhere to the “3 I’s” and kiss the ring of the Don of the Main Event Mafia as we pay our respects to this real American hero!