WS Movie Log Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
tumblr_on3uq4xQKE1rob81ao2_250.gifv

Sleepers (1996) was very good, albeit hard to watch at times. There is some seriously disturbing moments in this film, but has a very strong start and the story was interesting to keep me watching until the end. Thought all the performances were pretty good, especially Kevin Bacon. Very easy to loathe him in this film, he does a good job playing the bad guy.

Yeah I haven't seen Sleepers in 4 or 5 Years and is still one of my favs if I had to point down a Top 50 or 100 list. I remember being just shocked at the thought of Adults doing this to kids and how they got away with it for so long. My Mother when I first saw it maybe 1999 or 2000 changed the Channel when I was a Kid because she didn't want me to even think about what those kids went through in those moments when they were abused and raped from those Guards. I know it based on a Story from Lorenzo Carcaterra and some people to choose to believe him or not but I'm in the Camp of believing him because he gains nothing to me from lying and playing games when you see the topic being discussed in that film. Granted it's not like someone is going to come to the front and said this happened and the Guards by this point are most likely passed away or extremely old so it's hard to get backup. Still I believe all of this happened.

Bacon Man you want to fight him through the Screen and you want to see him get his and he does in the End but imagine how many more kids he abused with the Guards after the Kids leave that Detention Center. Which is why I love when the Guards lose that Football Game and you think finally these kids get back at them but that happiness is just for a moment after what happens later and Rizzo's death. I wouldn't mind to see this Story being done in a TV form to give the kids more Character development and with the topic of abuse of Children I'm sure people would want this being discussed again because kids are being abused today all over the World and it needs to stop.

I always wondered too after all of them leave Center what happens to them. If my memory serves me right they leave and then we see them as Adults and not young Adults were talking about 30s and we know what happens from there. I would love to see their lives as well during those Years as well.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen, would absolutely recommend.

Angela Lansbury was just 19 years old in this film (she is 96 now, for those who do not know). Also has George Sanders in it, who played Mr. Freeze in the original Batman series.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
MV5BNmI5MWNlMjYtZTAxNy00N2Q3LTkwZDgtMWRjOWQ1ZjJiN2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ2MTMzODA@._V1_.jpg

Decided to watch this after Superbad, as I've been meaning to do this for a number of years now. Surprisingly one of Depp's films I hadn't seen, despite many opportunities to do so over the years. Johnny Depp definitely the reason to watch this, he puts in a hell of a performance in the lead role. The movie was pretty entertaining, and I enjoyed the story for the most part although I did think it was quite obvious where it was headed early on. Still, I enjoyed the pacing of it and it didn't drag at all for me, so I can't knock it on that basis too much.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So with my Week away I started watching all the Batman Films getting me ready for The Batman and that includes Animated as well. Last night I watched Batman Forever which I was able to get out of School early via my Aunt to see this when it debuted in 1995 and I still enjoy it today. It does feel like two Films though the dynamic with Bruce and Dick, while Riddler and Two Face antics. If only we had more of the balance of the Comedy, wacky stuff, while giving us that serious tone which I saw in Batman 89 and in some places with Batman Returns.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So with my Week away I started watching all the Batman Films getting me ready for The Batman and that includes Animated as well. Last night I watched Batman Forever which I was able to get out of School early via my Aunt to see this when it debuted in 1995 and I still enjoy it today. It does feel like two Films though the dynamic with Bruce and Dick, while Riddler and Two Face antics. If only we had more of the balance of the Comedy, wacky stuff, while giving us that serious tone which I saw in Batman 89 and in some places with Batman Returns.
Batman Forever is not one of the better reviewed ones but I enjoy it as well. I thought Carrey made for a good Riddler myself, very over the top and whacky. I saw it when I was a bit younger so I imagine that fondness of it helps. I think overall Nolan is still top for me, because I do like that serious tone with Batman. Although these days I tend to prefer Batman Begins over The Dark Knight. I think that is an awesome movie. I like Liam Neeson in it as well. I'm intrigued to see where the new one ends up ranking for me.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BNGU1NzQ1ZmItZGVmNC00NWQ4LWEwYTYtOTc4NWE1MmY0YTk2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

I watched Beverly Hills Ninja again today, still such an incredibly fun movie. Chris Farley is just a pleasure to watch in whatever movie he's in. I love the chemistry he has in this with Chris Rock too. Wish I could see it for the first time all over again.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Murder_on_the_Orient_Express_teaser_poster.jpg

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Pretty solid movie overall with a stacked cast. The movie did lose me a little at times, but it soon picked back up again. I'd say Michelle Pfeiffer was the clear stand-out, she did really well in her role. Visually this film is absolutely stunning, and there are so many great visuals throughout. I enjoyed the directing, and choice of shots. I'd say that was my favourite thing about it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Batman Begins still holds up really well. I think over the years this has become my favourite of the Nolan trilogy, and honestly one of my favourite overall out of all the many different Batman films and portrayals. I really enjoy Christian Bale in this one, and Liam Neeson is really good in his role. Casting jus perfect IMO. Cillian Murphy makes for an incredible Scarecrow as well and is sufficiently creepy. I feel like he's one of my favourites actually. I really dig the dark tone of it, and it's a very enjoyable origin story leading in to further sequels.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'd recommend Boiling Point with Stephen Graham. The movie is all in one shot, so it keeps you captivated from the very start. It's a very simple premise but done well. Follows a head chef on one of the busiest nights of the year. There's a lot of conflict and a tense feeling throughout, like it doesn't really let you up for air. It's really good. The characters feel real, and are acted well. Graham is outstanding in the lead role as usual.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
p32096_p_v10_ae.jpg

An absurdly fun movie. It's up there with the Jolie Tomb Raider films, Kim Possible, as peak entertainment guys consumed because it had cute girls and soul. I'm going to post a clip below from this thing, it's got the fidelity of a PS2 cutscene, how can you not love it?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Watched Mission Impossible 3 again, this movie really holds up. It was a very good return to form for the series. I think the strongest suite of the movie is Phillip Seymour Hoffman who plays one of the best villains in the whole series. He's really a pleasure to watch on screen. The movie is exciting and the plot keeps you engrossed. Good directing from J. J. Abrams as well. The opening does a great job of making you want to see what happens next.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Shot Caller was completely amazing. The best prison based film I've watched in a while now. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is unreal in the lead role, it's like he's not even playing a character and just becomes it. That's how effortless his performance comes across. Totally unrecognisable from other roles I've seen him in. Like I would say I mostly know of him from Game of Thrones and it's just crazy how you'd not really know it was him. Film is definitely hard to watch at parts, and the plot is totally engrossing. Would highly recommend.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
114825.jpg

Just watched Ponyo for the first time this evening.
The English dubs are just fantastic and the whole animation is just beautiful.​

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I watched Momento for the first time with my Mom the other day on HBO and I was thinking why didn't I see it sooner. Leonard being taken advantage of just sad and well as him not accepting the truth rather creating a reality for himself to make himself feel better man that's crazy.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Captain Marvel rules. Absolutely adore it. Enjoy the 90's setting, and thought Brie Larson was so great in the lead role. Connected with her almost immediately, and the character. Good pacing, fun plot and very easy watching. The Stan Lee cameo got me a bit emotional, that was amazing. Soundtrack so good as well.