WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
he's chasing records, but i think all he really cares about is titles, so his main goal is preserving his career. don't think he'd wanna bother putting forth the effort, and risk more injury when he knows they have no chance to go anywhere.
Kobe put forth effort playing with Smush, Kwame, Luke, Cook, George, and Radmanovic. He played 45mpg post all star break to get the lakers the second best record in the whole league either last 41 games. If he can play, he will play and play hard. This ain't AI or T-Mac, nor is he the take games off and rest me cuz I'm old KG or Tim, ain't wired that way.

HE TORE AN ACHILLES, NOT AN ACL

And he's far ahead of his rehab schedule, weight bearing, jumping, running, and they made sure it can't ever pop again. Doctors have marveled, more than one.

And he scoffed at ESPN and said they would be right back in the playoffs. In fact Stephen A Smith said it, his thing with Dwight is you don't want to roll with me, so I'll roll over you this season.

He's a 25/5/5 club guy another year IMO, just if he plays out the post alone. Check the league stats, that guy who converted the most post ups in the league by numbers last year above Melo, Bron, and KD at 2-4 was Kobe, above all the NBA bigs. He converted more than bigs and the whole team has basically been turned into outside guys to let him and Pau post. Pau will be a 18 and 9 guy at least with 4 assists and a block.

They won't win a ring, but they will be a playoff team and alone will still be an all star with Paus numbers looking more like his title numbers and less like his I tried to make Dwight and Bynum look good numbers

Kobe's not Rose and has never milked an injury or sat when he can walk

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Only person I expect to take him in the 1st round is PSYCH and even then I expect him to be a 2nd round pick. There is always that threat of I'll take Kobe early just to overshop him to PSYCH but it hardly ever happens.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Just sal I believe. When does rondo come back?

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
We're not allowing a Kobe (or potentially Pau) rape trade this year, right fellas? Any trade sending Kobe Bryant to PSYCH has to be as fair as any other deal.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Depends how bad it is. There is a difference between someone clearly winning a deal and straight up rape. Don't think we're going to have to worry about it this year though.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Well I can guarantee you I'm taking him at 10 if PSYCH doesn't take him at 5. Who knows what happens after that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think ST gets Pau

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
PSYCH wants Melo and Kobe. He's gotta take Melo 5 if he wants him and then pray Kobe falls to his 2nd round pick (again)

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Kobe's definitely not going to fall to him in the 2nd. He's got some wheelin' and dealin' to do. My cousin and Kobe would look pretty good alongside OLADIPO.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't know I'm just not buying that you'll actually draft him GA at that spot but I will say this will probably be the most unpredictable draft we've had in our league history with how wide open it is after Lebron and Durant.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
I'd bet money on Marcus not taking Kobe in the 1st. He hates inefficient guards, and Kobe's the definition.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
yea and the thing is it's a complete toss up as to who is gonna put up 1st round value this year. Especially now that we removed TREB.

#3 ranked last year: Steph Curry - Can he stay healthy?
#4 ranked last year: Harden - What impact will Dwight have?
#5 ranked last year: Melo - Will people take him when you know he's gonna miss 15 games?
#6: Kobe - just talked about his risk
#7: Duncan - Nobody gonna draft him at 7, but that's what he put up last year
#8: LMA
#9: Varejao - LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
#10: CP3
#11: Irving
#12: Westbrook
#13: Brook Lopez - mess in Brooklyn now
#14: Al Horford
#15 - Wade - Regular season boss, but come playoff time he's worthless

It's a tough draft this year no doubt and Paul George aint no fucking 1st round pick.