WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why is Kobe in the top 10? He went in the 2nd round last year and not coming off the injury he is coming off of like he is this year.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Because when he played last year he was a top 5 player. Kobe will get his...he just will. Last year guards were less valuable too so he's definitely not a 2nd round pick, imo.

shutupchico

Reaction score
What are you predicting then?

closer to what they have, though i don't see george in top 10. i definately don't see kobe going anywhere near 7, i did a double take when i saw that. love won't be top 3, melo is too high, cp3 at 9 low, u got aldridge too high, just a lot of it is off to me.

shutupchico

Reaction score
kobe's coming off an atl tear in his mid thirties, i wouldn't even want him in the 2nd round.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Kobe averaged 27 PPG last year and has never been an injury risk. I'll take him at 10 if he's there for sure.

Melo led the league in scoring last year and gets you boards and 3's only have to look out for him missing his usual 10-15 games a year and will definitely be playing during the leagues playoffs as NY fights for playoff seeding. If Melo doesn't go top 5 I'll be surprised.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
and don't give me the "he tore his ACL that's career changing" spiel.

It's Kobe Bryant.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Love seems risky, I'd rather have Harden.

Well this draft order pleases me :D

shutupchico

Reaction score
and don't give me the "he tore his ACL that's career changing" spiel.

It's Kobe Bryant.

i wouldn't trust him, u can't beat father time, and especially after the bynum ordeal last season, i'm not fucking with anyone coming off an injury. he doesn't fit my draft strategy anyway.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Tim Duncan is beating father time putting up top 10 value last year and he's not even getting full minutes. Kobe gonna play 36-38 MPG and he's the man in LA.

I just feel like guys like LeBron, Durant and Kobe are invincible, and will get theirs no matter what so I'd be comfortable taking him in the first round.

shutupchico

Reaction score
duncan never tore his acl either. tearing your acl at 35 isn't like doing it in your 20's... not that i'm a doctor or anything, just assume it.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I would never draft Kobe because he's a Laker.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
So what are your projections for him this year? Career lows across the board (despite being the #1 option) with reduced minutes?

Or are you thinking he's gonna tweak it, miss games, and retire at years end?

I would never draft Kobe because he's a Laker.

I don't mind Kobe, it's LeBron I don't like.

shutupchico

Reaction score
hard to say really, he's too big of a question mark, and that's not what i'm going for. my guess is it'll be a career low year, and most importantly, the lakers will be so shitty, he'll shut it down by the time our playoffs even begin.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
hadn't thought of them shutting him down, maybe you're right, but you gotta wonder if the laker organization would even do that/kobe would allow it. He's chasing records is he not?

shutupchico

Reaction score
hadn't thought of them shutting him down, maybe you're right, but you gotta wonder if the laker organization would even do that/kobe would allow it. He's chasing records is he not?

he's chasing records, but i think all he really cares about is titles, so his main goal is preserving his career. don't think he'd wanna bother putting forth the effort, and risk more injury when he knows they have no chance to go anywhere.