WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Notorious

Reaction score
For the future of the team right now yeah. Paul was perfect with Kobe and Bynum, his every weakness was masked and at the same time he would have maximized them. I mean if Paul was a laker, the summers shake out different probably with coaching changes and offenses. The team he would have went to, could work simply by Fish sliding to SG which he defended in the 2010 playoffs anyhow as well as in Utah, Kobe at SF maximizing his triple threat post game, and Metta at PF which he basically has the foot speed of and scored better at last year. Bynum was an all star that season and his numbers were very high with Kobe on the floor with Fish (not so much after sessions trade). But since he's not a laker and the roster is different I would easily take one of Conley, Rondo, or Parker to go with the wings on this team, Kobe, and the bigs in place of Blake and Nash; its like Farmars effect magnified times twenty

Conley is so freaking healthy, a good assist guy, a much better defender and actually since rondo went down the best defender at the 1 in the league, can score, and he played Paul to a wash basically in the playoffs over being dominated; at his salary cap number he'd be perfect. Rondo unlike Paul has proven to step up in postseason play and still run an O while all Paul's playoff Os fall off in a slowed down game, he's another world on the glass, and he can or at least could pre knee defend like no other pg in the league. I would definitely take them, but my prize guy would always be Tony Parker with all his title experience, his scoring ability, him being playoff proven, and at his age.

CP3 doesn't choke in the playoffs. His teammates do. Maybe CP3 would have playoff success if his teammates didn't all shrink in the playoffs, I don't see why he should get most of the blame when he's doing his part. His career averages in the playoffs are 21/10 on 48/33/83 shooting. Which I'm pretty sure are better numbers than any other PG in the league right now puts up in the playoffs. Rondo is 15/9 on 45/28/65 shooting and Conley is 16/7 on 39/33/78 shooting. CP3 is just as good as Conley & Rondo as a defender and neither of those guys can run an offense better than him.

Last edited:

SAL

Reaction score
Yes you can under the CBA, you can't trade them in one deal like 13 and 14. The lakers couldn't give that up for Nash persay, so they can give up 15 in place of 14. You can trade 14 once the new season starts over with the CBA. Its just a date thing, but you can do it. Hell LA has done it yearly before for cash which is why all the picks since Farmar have been second rounders.

I'm like 97.3% sure you can't trade two future consecutive first-round picks, even in separate deals. The 2015 pick is unconditionally (I think) going to Phoenix, so the Lakers have to keep a first in 2014. Maybe you're right that the league year starting affects that, I dunno.

Why the christ do you want this team to take on more salary right now anyway?

EDIT: BRANDON I EDITED MY POST BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY DOUBLE-POSTED

shutupchico

Reaction score
all pro joe in action, TONIGHT.

[youtube]EyhhrB9XLV0[/youtube]

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lmao cp isn't a good man defender at all, he's great help as he reads passing lanes to gamble for steals like Iverson under Larry Brown. For what it's worth CP is supposed to be your star. Your star usually shreads his opposing matchup? 22/8, 18/7, 17/7, 18/5 ... That's Billups, Tony, and Conley in a series vs the "beat pg in the world". He's no going out there like a Kobe, Bron, MJ and demolishing anyone at all. In fact his teams have lost with HCA and been back door swept because they experience lulz he can't counter. He can't counter them by scoring like Isaiah in big minutes because he gets winded, he can't make plays when keyed in on late in close playoff games like Stockton whose team O didn't fall off, and he's not Kidd or Payton who can alter a game on D like in NJ or Seattle. The pg position is filled with all stars who pretty much wash each other, and several of them are outright better on D or in Tonys case scoring when a team takes away his lobs by fronting the post and threes by sitting in shooters which has happened to him as a clipper and hornet. That's all the spurs, Memphis, and Denver did him .. cut off the lob and stay with shooters, and he's a mere mortal who the opposing pg can wash.

and if you want to be technical, they never met in the playoffs but rondo and especially Utah Deron used to dust him embarrassingly. Paul is the best at his position, same with Love, but hey I got news for your, there are so many guys on the level below them that can keep up its comical. This isn't a Kobe, Duncan, MJ, Shaq situation where they make their opponent BBQ chicken in a playoff series like they've done Divac, Manu, Clyde, etc. He's damn good not great

Notorious

Reaction score
Lmao cp isn't a good man defender at all, he's great help as he reads passing lanes to gamble for steals like Iverson under Larry Brown. For what it's worth CP is supposed to be your star. Your star usually shreads his opposing matchup? 22/8, 18/7, 17/7, 18/5 ... That's Billups, Tony, and Conley in a series vs the "beat pg in the world". He's no going out there like a Kobe, Bron, MJ and demolishing anyone at all. In fact his teams have lost with HCA and been back door swept because they experience lulz he can't counter. He can't counter them by scoring like Isaiah in big minutes because he gets winded, he can't make plays when keyed in on late in close playoff games like Stockton whose team O didn't fall off, and he's not Kidd or Payton who can alter a game on D like in NJ or Seattle. The pg position is filled with all stars who pretty much wash each other, and several of them are outright better on D or in Tonys case scoring when a team takes away his lobs by fronting the post and threes by sitting in shooters which has happened to him as a clipper and hornet. That's all the spurs, Memphis, and Denver did him .. cut off the lob and stay with shooters, and he's a mere mortal who the opposing pg can wash.

and if you want to be technical, they never met in the playoffs but rondo and especially Utah Deron used to dust him embarrassingly. Paul is the best at his position, same with Love, but hey I got news for your, there are so many guys on the level below them that can keep up its comical. This isn't a Kobe, Duncan, MJ, Shaq situation where they make their opponent BBQ chicken in a playoff series like they've done Divac, Manu, Clyde, etc. He's damn good not great

He doesn't have to go out there and be Kobe, MJ or LeBron. Doesn't change the fact that he's better than Rondo & Conley and every other PG. Conley has been on a team that lost with HCA too, in fact they lost to CP3's Clippers. Three times has one of Rondo's teams been up 3-2 and they ended up losing the series.

There's a reason why Danny Ainge was desperately trying to trade Rondo to the Hornets for CP3 brah. If the Clippers offered the Grizzlies CP3 for Conley they'd accept that shit in a heartbeat. CP3 is just flat out better. Who gives a fuck if he isn't averaging 30 points in a playoff series. Rondo & Conley won't do that shit either and they won't even come close. And lel at criticizing for CP3 laying off man defense and focusing on gambling for steals. When Rondo does the exact same thing.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
tl;dr version for PSYCH's post: If I don't like you you're not great

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm like 97.3% sure you can't trade two future consecutive first-round picks, even in separate deals. The 2015 pick is unconditionally (I think) going to Phoenix, so the Lakers have to keep a first in 2014. Maybe you're right that the league year starting affects that, I dunno.

Why the christ do you want this team to take on more salary right now anyway?

EDIT: BRANDON I EDITED MY POST BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY DOUBLE-POSTED

The lakers can deal 14 now or on draft night since the season started. You're right they couldn't last year with the trades they made. It's all a cake at thing.

The lakers had picks between the Pau Memphis deal too (Arthur), but they sold them right around the draft. They sold the pick that was Toney Douglas to ny, attached one to Sasha to shed his salary, attached one to Luke for sessions expiring, and I can't remember if he was a first or a second but they are the ones whose pick was used for Patrick Beverly too. They just always wait for the year to start and work the loophole in the wording of the CBA, it's why they've avoided cap holds for firsts ever since Farmar in 06.

As for salary, I have no problem if it's flipping Nash who is on the books anyhow next year or the cap hold of a first rounder for a guy like Conley or rondo who make similar money. I just don't advocate taking back salary just to take it when the deck is cleared anyhow, but if the guy is young and good with relative health you go with it as LA reloads not rebuilds historically.

Notorious

Reaction score
Why would Memphis or Boston trade Conley/Rondo for a washed up soon to retire Steve Nash and a shitty Lakers pick?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why would Memphis or Boston trade Conley/Rondo for a washed up soon to retire Steve Nash and a shitty Lakers pick?
Cause he seems to think real life is like NBA 2k association mode where you can turn on that force the cpu to accept trade option as long as the salaries match.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Lakers are going to pick like 10th, brah. Wouldn't say it's a shitty pick. I could see Ainge pulling the trigger to get that pick, assuming he actually wants to move Rondo. No way they take back Nash, tho.

lel @ Conley, tho. No fuckin' way Memphis deals him.

Notorious

Reaction score
Lakers are going to pick like 10th, brah. Wouldn't say it's a shitty pick. I could see Ainge pulling the trigger to get that pick, assuming he actually wants to move Rondo. No way they take back Nash, tho.

lel @ Conley, tho. No fuckin' way Memphis deals him.

If the Celtics were to trade Rondo to the Lakers they would win more games and probably make the playoffs...

And even if this was say a deal after the season, the Lakers are gonna be like the 8th or 9th seed so they'll be picking like 13th-16th Why would the Celtics trade RONDO for a mediocre pick? It makes no sense.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He doesn't have to go out there and be Kobe, MJ or LeBron. Doesn't change the fact that he's better than Rondo & Conley and every other PG. Conley has been on a team that lost with HCA too, in fact they lost to CP3's Clippers. Three times has one of Rondo's teams been up 3-2 and they ended up losing the series.

There's a reason why Danny Ainge was desperately trying to trade Rondo to the Hornets for CP3 brah. If the Clippers offered the Grizzlies CP3 for Conley they'd accept that shit in a heartbeat. CP3 is just flat out better. Who gives a fuck if he isn't averaging 30 points in a playoff series. Rondo & Conley won't do that shit either and they won't even come close. And lel at criticizing for CP3 laying off man defense and focusing on gambling for steals. When Rondo does the exact same thing.
Yeah rondo having anger issues is a prime reason, poor tv.

CP gets routinely outplayed by elite PGs, that shouldn't happen. That doesn't happen to superstars., but it happens every year of his career to him in the regular season and playoffs. CPs amazing regular season offenses get shut down and become less efficient in the playoffs because he has two ways to get guys off, the pnr lob and hitting shooters in stride. That shit has gotten taken away. SA took it away from Chandler and Peja/Pargo in 08. Memphis took it away last May, and SA did the same to Blake and DJ. He's not a Kidd, Payton, or Dtockton who can still run a O and make guys effective in a low possession game which the playoff series he's lost all become. Even when he had LA on the ropes after Kobe got hurt, the hornets experience 5 min spurts in the fourth where he couldn't score or get anyone involved (fisher also upped his averages vs him)

and Memphis lost because Zach was on one fucking leg, that and Kenyon Martin shut Rudy fucking gay down in game 7 when he got switched on him.

If he was flat out better he'd be in a WCF by now for once in his life. It's really simple to see he needs to be the guy he's being right now for doc almost, an animal, as doc is forcing him to score. His teams aren't making playoff noise playing how his career has went before this point