WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't see what that has to do with your team looking terrible either way.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I got a team of starters minus Mo. Putting a lot of stock in preseason. I have liked Gibson, Shumpert, McRoberts, and Nick. We shall see. I doubt I lose the main scoring cats

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Pretty sure my team would demolish yours in every scoring category.
What lifetime without Russ? And even with Russ and Kobe its not really debatable.

Melo took the scoring title from KD. They are pretty much a wash if not favoring Melo in pts, fgm, FTM. You would have to think KD is going to have it easy without Russ but I don't see his O being amazing, just look at the playoffs

Hayward and Conley are better scorers than Holiday and this older Martin who will miss a chunk of games. Young has not a green light but the green light to chuck away with Kobe out. And the rest comes down to Mo being a career double digit guy, Caron a career double digit guy, same with KG and Marion. I'd have you right now with Kobe and Russ both out in fgm, pts, FTM, and 3ptm short of Korver going crazy. I would have you in ft% easily too as I don't have one bad foul shooter. Steals is a toss up like 3pt%. Assists favor you assuming holiday doesn't fall off with all the NOLA ball handlers. Small ball stats favor me versus almost anyone especially with Kobe returning at the end of November as long as he's 80% Of last year. Josh has also balled this preseason and will start over Zeller as he fits Al better

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Carmelo is even starting at 4 again and there's no JR. He's chucking. In a contract year too, so boy he's chucking

Showtime

Reaction score
I stopped reading after you said Melo and Durant was a watch and used his playoff performance against the leagues top defense as a reason why he won't do better this year without Westbrook. I guess Durant is the only superstar that won't put up mind boggling stats when the sole star of the team, what a shame.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I just don't see KD being a scoring beast this year. He's good for 26-28, but its not like he's going to pull a Kobe and drop 35ppg for a month even. Life is going to get hard without just Westbrook but without Martin too. Melo is going to be damn near his equal or his better on O

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You made 26-28 sound like it's scoring 15 points a game or something, lol. Please stop downplaying Durant's scoring ability that is one thing no one should downplay about his game.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You made 26-28 sound like it's scoring 15 points a game or something, lol. Please stop downplaying Durant's scoring ability that is one thing no one should downplay about his game.
He's an equivalent or lesser scorer than Melo. It is not like he's a Kobe or MJ type scorer or even T-Mac prime type. There is no reason to worry about him dropping 40+ for 9-10 games straight. There's no worry about 60 happening. That's my point, as of right now without Westbrook and Kobe, Durant can't beat Melo enough in the offensive cats to offset the fact the rest of his team lacks small ball stats

And for the record 26-28 used to be common place with Kobe, AI, and TMac. Its common place for Melo, Bron, KD, Kobe. A great offensive season means averaging over 30 a game to me

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You just like bringing up T-Mac for the sake of bringing him up and your living in the past gimmick. Esp when if you compare say 5 of Durant's best years against T-Mac's best years Durant wins if you actually looked at the numbers. Not gonna find many scorers who shoot like he does be able to shoot high % like he does which is why it's dumb at the end of the day to the whole he's good but he's not a [insert whosoever name you wanna dig up from 2002 or something) when he is his own type of scorer and great in his own right.

To bring this back to fantasy that is why he always is a top 2 pick and Melo isn't. He's a rare shooter who has high percentages from the field, line and 3pt line and never have to worry about him going on a streak like Melo has done where he can do shit like shoot 5 for 28 or something crazy like that. Much rather have that comfort than have to worry about possible FG 3pt rape on a given night.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I brought up TMac because he was another level scorer. He's averaged 32 a game before for a season. Kobe's averaged 30 and 35 for a season, and had a month where he averaged 40. MJ avergaged well over 30 and won 10 scoring titles in a row. Those are great scorers. These are guys who've put together week stretches of 40+ point games and dropped 60. Wilt was a scorer.

KDs a very good, not great scorer, like Melo. KDs fg% is inflated because he has perimeter threats historically like Harden, Martin, and Russ out there drawing attention and stopping doubles so he can play one on one. He's not going to be playing one on one, he's going to be doubled, tripled, trapped, and his fg% is going to dip. He will still score his 26-28 which is common for him, but it will be similar to Melo across the board fg%, 3s, fga because he lacks a perimeter for 6 weeks. And like i said because he like Melo is a very good, not great scorer, you don't have to worry about 60pt games or weeks where he averages 40+, a month where he scores 35+. His scoring alone isn't enough to say he can out score me, he can make more fg, or he can make more fts.

Youre overrating KD for something he's never been shown to do, be prolific with his scoring. He and Melo are in the same class. Kobe, Melo, Tracy all had it harder to score because they've never had perimeter talent like that drawing doubles away, and KD looked just like them playing Memphis with Martin out there when they trapped him, and he got his 28 but he worked for it unlike what he's accustomed too and that's why you saw him choking and air balling late shots and free throws, his legs were dead.

Youre crazy if you don't think Kd will put up more fga, a lower fg% and have dead legs late some games this month to 6 weeks Russ is out because he isn't playing one on one and he's being made to handle the ball, two things he's never had to do before that Memphis series where his tongue was dragging and just that happened. KD will be a 45%fg, 21fga, 28ppg game till Westbrook gets back. Its the guys around him in Jckson, Lamb, and Thabo who have to make teams pay for helping on him as he's asked to play point forward.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Last I checked KD had a 30 PPG season himself and 3 other seasons of 28 ppg (one season was 27.7) Not going to devalue KD for being a good teammate knowing when he has pretty good players to work with. That is stupid as fuck to say oh well his %'s is inflated because he didn't decide to be Blue and be selfish. You must have never watched a OKC game to act like he doesn't see double teams. Not like the man hasn't had 50 point games. Just cause he didn't have the same stretches you seem to be obsessed with doesn't mean he isn't a great scorer. He can pretty much score whenever he wants he just does lack being a step on your neck type scorer but like I said he is still a great scorer in his own right.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
His percentage is inflated because he has elite perimeter help, 1 or 2 guys most times. We don't know what he can do.

TMac averaged 32 as the primary scorer and facilitaor of his teams while being doubled. Kobe averaged 35, months of 40, and all while being the primary facilitaor of his team and primary perimeter defender, while being doubled. MJ won all those scoring titles while facilitating and facing doubles, while being hand checked. Bron was the guy as a cav being game planned nightly for.

Melo take stupid shots. I never said he didn't. He chucks heat checks. The thing is when he does the stupid shit he's facing doubles and triples.

Nobdy but Michael has had that elite perimeter to draw attention away, and even then Pippen took years to be as good as Westbrook and Harden. Durant is going to be asked to face doubles every time down, handle the ball, make plays, and sustain it for four full quarters without elite perimeter help. He's going to see what its like to have a Felton, Mo Williams, a Fisher, a Paxson alone as his outlet as opposed to two all star perimeter talents who keep teams honest and didn all the ball handling and getting others involved for him.

It would fuckign astounding if he keeps his percentages. One he would need a great stamina that his frail frame and showing vs Memphis makes me doubt. Two he would have kept others involved, got his, and been slapped at and hounded advancing the ball all for the longest prolonged time of his career. And three he will be forced into bailout shit without a stud on the permitter like when Kobe or Melo or Tracy would get the ball thrown back to them 30ft out with 3-4 seconds on a shot clock. I just don't see his efficency not dipping with increased usage. He's had it so damn easy for their not to be a ripple effect and his fg% take a step down while his fga and turnovers go up to get the same 27-28

Last edited:

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Totally didn't read any of those long posts, buy my team would kill PSYCH's in scoring. JAMES ANDERSON taking me to the promised land, son. We play next week, where this shall be shown.