WS Fantasy Basketball 2012-13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The Raptors/Pistons game showed for me but when it came time for the Suns game all I got was shit they were showing before the games came on.

You live in PHX so you were locally restricted. Its in that fine print they show before games. Both worked for me

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Forgot about that dumb thing since usually they'll show the game on a local channel and I just watch it on there. Wasn;t the case this time. Makes no sense to me since obviously people in AZ are gonna wanna watch the Suns game more than anybody.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I dont understand that thing because all the Blazer games air on the CSN channel here but when it comes time for it to air on NBATV they get blacked out.

If I really wanted to I could watch every Blazer game for the entire season as they all air on either the local CSN or the local KGW channel unless the game is on TNT then CSN/KGW aren't contractually obligated to air the games but I still get to watch it because it airs on TNT...

Showtime

Reaction score
@ Brandon, I never said me being here since the start would have changed anything. I never even called this league bad, but you smurfs act as if this is the best league of all time, which is fine, except for the fact that one guy is dominating the league. The league is fun and active and filled with people that want to play and won't just quit, that's what makes it great imo, not because it's filled with the most knowledgeable fantasy players alive or any of that shit.

And four different owners have been to the finals. You couldn't even manage a top 4 finish last year and you were here the entire year. And don't give me that bullshit that "oh I didn't get to pick my own team in the draft" shut the fuck up. I flipped my entire team throughout the year to build a contender, you could have too.

It's fine to talk shit in the league, Boris Diaw, PSYCH being a blueberry, etc. But stop talking shit about the league and trying to stir shit up. If you don't want to be here then fine.

Didn't I finish 5th in regular season standings? That's not exactly bad, especially compared to your 14th finish in the first year of this league.

Also I wasn't here for the whole year, why do you act as if I was? I repped in 3/4 weeks after the league had started and my team was near the bottom of the league. The fact you think I did nothing to improve my team makes me laugh every time you say it because the team that was given to me wouldn't have made the playoffs.

And I wasn't trying to talk shit about the league, I just wasn't taking part in your "WE'RE THE BEST" shit that you guys always pull. I don't care if you believe that or not, but don't go ahead and say "this league(WF league) doesn't even matter, just passing the time until the REAL league starts". Fuck off with that shit. If you join a league then you should care and try to do your best in it, not give some halfass effort because you're in another league that you find more important. That's what I was getting at and it has some merit too as WWF really did seem to halfass the WF league last year. I want to be here and play, I also won't quit if my team is bad and will actually try to shake up team if that is the case. What you said actually applies to you, if you don't want to be in any other league aside from this then don't be, if you're not willing to give it your all then don't sign up to other leagues.

And I don't care if this is a week later, you two smurfs are acting as if I was saying I don't want to be in this league which isn't the case at all. I was just tired of your shit.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
I definitely did half-ass the league last year. I dunno, I prefer the people in this league more, this is infinitely more active, and the weekly lineups on WF made it so I don't even have to check on my team. That's kind of why I wanted daily lineups, but I guess not checking is my issue more than anything else.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This is the only fantasy basketball league I've been in just cause I know I"m not gonna be as active in the other as I' am in this one.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
In response to ST: I don't think this league is filled with the most knowledgeable fantasy people, I mean we have PSYCH. That alone drops us down to the bottom hemisphere. I just think in comparison we're a little bit smarter over here and it makes for a more competitive league. The league settings allow for the better manager to win every week. I think our waiver system is top notch. It's first come first serve on free agents which can be kind of a bitch at times, but it gives people who really dig into the boxscores the advantage.

I was on the waiting list for a position in the keeper league at WF. When I found out how shitty the team I was going to take over was I wanted to back out, but people really wanted me in so I was like "k". I'm not halfassing it at all over there. I just don't agree with JM on a lot of things. Plus getting trades done is tough because 1. People don't respond to PMs and 2. I know that if I do get a deal done with someone JM/WWF/You are going to cry "VETO" and everyone in the league will vote to veto the trade. We don't do that shit here. Unless KIF is trading LeBron James for Jeremy Lin we're not going to block a trade. I think our managers are competent enough to not do stupid shit like that. The best we can do here to stop a trade from happening is a cockblock. That happens a lot, and it's ghey, but it's better than a bunch of smurfs crying in the thread. Although I admit I cried about cockblocks a lot last year.

I'm glad you want to be in the league.

I guess not checking is my issue more than anything else.

smurf

This is the only fantasy basketball league I've been in just cause I know I"m not gonna be as active in the other as I' am in this one.

yeah I was thinking about starting a fantasy basketball league similar to this one over at WF, but there is absolutely no way I can handle 3 leagues. Once you get into too many leagues it becomes a chore.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
With how much you've raved about this league (which I'm glad we have guys here who genuinely enjoy this) I'm pretty stunned you've thought about starting a similar league we got here over there.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Was for a second worried if we'd actually have a league here next year with the lack of posting coming from some individuals. Lets be honest I'm here for the long haul, but if guys like SAL, PSYCH, P1, Brandon and chico started to drop out/became substantially less active this league would struggle.

Then I came to my senses and realized that if I made a league over there it would always be #2 to the keeper league, and I'd struggle to get good members.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
^^^ That there is a pussy move. You have to come back to defend your title if you win the league. Its like an unwritten rule or something.

Also. I have done very little research for this season. I know who I'm taking with my first and maybe second pick but all the others are toss ups.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
^^^ That there is a pussy move. You have to come back to defend your title if you win the league. Its like an unwritten rule or something.

Also. I have done very little research for this season. I know who I'm taking with my first and maybe second pick but all the others are toss ups.

wtf I linked tier lists, that's all you need. Don't fuck up you cunt, you've already made Brandon's draft easier so you better give him some competition.